Freelance collective for branding and web

jut-so is the Berlin digital agency collective with the gravitation of a boy band. With bits, bytes and chart potential we fight for websites to fall in love with and brands to remember.

2018
  • Weydingerstraße 14-16, 10178 Berlin
    Berlin, BE 10178
    Germany

Homepage for Interior Architect

"I’m happy with how everything works."

May 2019 - Feb. 2020

An interior architect needed to build a homepage for her site. jut-so built the home page to the website on WordPress, connecting Instagram to the page as well.

Munich, Germany
Interior Architect, Business Owner

The architect is excited at how well her site works. The young team at jut-so continually impressed with their friendly and professional communication. Once given materials, jut-so quickly delivered.

I’m an interior architect and the owner of the company. I do a mixture of interior design, architecture, and design.

What challenge were you trying to address with just-so?

I needed someone to make a homepage for me.

They created my homepage for my website when I started my business. I did the complete sketch and knew what I wanted to have. They did the programming part. of development on WordPress. The site is also linked to my Instagram.

There were three people. One of them was a student working as a programmer for them.

How did you come to work with just-so?

A friend had used them and suggested I contact them. It was a good recommendation. I didn’t look at any other companies.

It was €1,250 (approximately $1,400 USD).

We started working together in May 2019 and finished in February 2020.

I’m happy with how everything works.

How did just-so perform from a project management standpoint?

All the communication was super friendly and professional. The project went a little longer than it should have, solely because I was slow giving them the information, texts, and pictures that they needed. They were always very fast once they got my information and could work on it.

We always communicated via email.  When needed, we had a telephone call. The process was always super uncomplicated and they were friendly.

Their young team impressed me.

No, I'm satisfied.

I knew what I wanted and didn’t give them the chance to show me more. Perhaps they could've helped if I let them.

Overall Score I have nothing to complain about.
    They delivered exactly what I expected.
    I highly recommend them.

Website & Branding for Small Recycling Company

“Their strength lies in the fact that they’re a small, young team.”

Mar. - May 2019

jut-so branded a recycling company that specializes in home décor. Along with coming up with the company name and tagline, they also delivered a WordPress website that’ll be easily customizable in the future.

Lionel Morlot
Founder, Meltmeister

Along with delivering a website that’s fun and approachable, jut-so successfully branded the client’s business. Despite the project being offered free of charge, the team was responsive and a breeze to work with. The young team ensured a smooth engagement that felt personal.

I’m the founder of a small recycling company in Berlin. We produce décor objects—mainly lamps sold online and in markets—from locally-sourced plastic waste.

What challenge were you trying to address with jut-so?

I was struggling to build out my business presence alone since I was also building recycling machines and managing sales at the same time. I engaged jut-so to assist in branding and other digital processes.

Jut-so delivered all of the branding for my business, from the name to the tagline. We had a few calls where we discussed my goals and vision for my company. They gave me guidance on how I would optimally present myself. They then built my website in accordance with the branding materials they came up with.

I worked with four teammates. In addition to Lorenz (Co-Founder, jut-so) and Christopher (Co-Founder, jut-so), the team included a designer and a development intern.

How did you come to work with jut-so?

One of the co-founders went to university with me. When they were starting out in late 2018, they approached me because they were trying to expand their portfolio and flesh out their processes.

They were just starting out, so they offered their services free of charge. Since the project was free, it required some patience on my end.

The project lasted between March–May 2019.

The finished product is great, and I’m very happy with their work. I wanted a website that’s fun and approachable, and they really delivered. They gave me some guidance on how to tweak the website in the future. It served as a good learning opportunity.

How did jut-so perform from a project management standpoint?

Their communication was prompt, and they provided good support. We communicated mostly through the phone. We met every other week in the first month and used email for smaller details, but I primarily used phone calls to get in touch with Lorenz.

I enjoyed how personal working with them felt. They were responsive, and I got the sense they really care about their customers.

No, I can’t think of anything.

Their strength lies in the fact that they’re a small, young team. You get a personalized response from a team that can cater to your needs.

Modern Website & Branding for Logistics Company

"The project couldn’t have gone any better."

Aug. 2019 - Feb. 2020

A logistics company hired jut-so to build a new website and modernize their brand. The team designed a logo and captured images to be posted on the site, which will launch in the coming weeks.

Marco Junghans
Managing Director, Fairexx Logistics

Internal stakeholders are extremely pleased with the quality of jut-so’s deliverables, praising their professionalism, timeliness, and ability to implement a fresh, new look while maintaining the company’s long-held values. Customers can expect an engaged, friendly partner.

I’m the managing director of Fairexx Logistics. We’re an international events and exhibition logistics provider. We’re based in Berlin, Germany, but operate worldwide.

What challenge were you trying to address with jut-so?

We needed to create a completely new website and modernize our branding and logo alongside it.

In our first meetings with jut-so, we communicated our goals for the website. We wanted the page to accurately display the size and reach of our organization, with professional and modern design components. The team captured photos of our traders to be featured on the site.

We also collaborated with the team around our branding initiative, and the direction we’d like to go in as far as advertising as we move forward.

We were in contact primarily with two people from the team, including a project manager and a specialist who worked on logo design, graphic design, text, and layouts.

How did you come to work with jut-so?

The team was recommended to me by a friend, an accomplished former marketing director. Our introduction with jut-so convinced us that they would be the right fit for our project, as they were very engaged and open to our ideas.

The project lasted from August 2019-February 2020.

The site will launch at the end of the month, so it’s difficult to provide quantitative measurements. Anecdotally, the impact on our company internally has been extremely positive.

It was a challenge to introduce the modernization of the logo, as some of our team were quite attached to the old branding. However, jut-so managed to deliver a final product that the entire company approves of. Our staff’s reaction to the new logo and approach has been more than we could’ve expected.

Overall, the quality of work jut-so delivered far exceeded the cost.

How did jut-so perform from a project management standpoint?

The team stuck to their deadlines, and if there was ever a delay, it was usually on our end. The entire project went very smoothly, and jut-so managed to avoid impacting our daily work-balance at all.

Our teams had a few meetings throughout the process, but most of our communication took place over email and phone calls.

We were extremely impressed by how willing jut-so was to listen to and accommodate us. At one point, they conducted an interview with us surveying our company, history, philosophy, and future. The team proved they wanted to engage with us and deliver the best possible product.

Further, jut-so provided a very friendly atmosphere, which made our engagement that much more enjoyable.

No. The project couldn’t have gone any better. There’s nothing I would’ve changed, added, or suggested.

I believe jut-so is suitable for any business, large or small. I would suggest future clients change any mindsets that services providers are only high-quality if they’re very expensive, and consider partnering with jut-so.

Overall Score The experience was magnificent.
    There were no delays from their end.
    Others have paid significantly more than we did for the same services.
    They struck an excellent balance between modernizing our company and preserving our traditions.
    I would always recommend them.

Research & Web Dev for Private High-End Golf Tours

"A visionary group, they have earned the right to build their reputation on the international stage."

Mar. - Oct. 2019

jut-so provided a broad range of services to bring a high-end goal tour service to market. They conducted international research and presented a full business plan and roadmap before developing web tools.

Duncan Osborne
Strategic Advisor, Gusto Management

With jut-so's research and technical aid, the service was able to go to market quickly and is now doing well. The team is experienced in building strong client relationships, adding value where they can. Strong language skills, business insights, and passion make them ideal partners for startups.

Entrepreneurship carries with it huge liabilities; question is what to do? Successful business building is my forte; in Europe, SE Asia, & Middle East. for this project I was the liaison and project manager.

For what projects/services did your company hire jut-so?

The owners of the project needed a team of experts from a broad range of experiences who they could trust to complete the task in hand, in budget and on time.

Research, project management, branding, digital and web development, Marketing communications planning, Social and lead generation; were needed, and Jut-so fitted the requirements perfectly.

An end to end planning process was needed, with an international, global understanding; English, French and Spanish were also required.

The project was split into three very distinctive phases, the research, the recommendations and then the implementation phase. Skills that not everyone has. The research in itself was complex and challenging as the team were asked to provide insight from Singapore, USA, UK, Middle East as well as Germany.

Once the research was gathered meeting and presenting the information and insight to the owners meant meetings in France. Flexibility and exceptional communications skills were needed to ensure good and continued success and completion of the project, which was that everything needed had to be in place prior to the start of the booking season.

Selecting partners is always a challenging process, it can be long and costly. Building relationships demands attention to detail with the goal always front and centre, The team at Jut-so came highly recommended, but also were given complex tasks to preform before the awarding of the contract.

The team at Jut-so focused successfully on the following:

• Deep dive research into high end golfing tours on the international stage
  • Conducting interviews with international amateur Golfers with a handicap of under 12
  • Full business plan presentation with insight, timelines, budgets and revenue planning
  • Web and digital communications
  • Website and lead generation tools; building and deploying

Team was composed of 6 core individuals plus others in support; project manager, researcher and communications planner, web developers and social media specialists

The owners are exceptionally pleased with the speed the team brought the company to market, the flexibility and the rang of skills. Business is now in its second year and is doing exceptionally well.

The challenge of entering new markets and developing new business strategies is a challenge for traditional agencies. It is the belief of the team that JuT-So are better placed for today’s demanding clients needs; Jut-So brings the flexibility of a huge agency without the big $$$.

Sustaining revenue’s, building customer relationships, client priorities, adding value, customer loyalty and increased services, are all business priorities. Challenging today's current thinking, with best in service, client leading and cutting edge technology is at the heart of Jut-so.

The team is young, talented, hungry - although more importantly focused on clients needs. A visionary group, they have earned the right to build their reputation on the international stage.

The number one frustration of clients is the cost and the openness of agencies; at JuT-So they have built open models with success at its core.

• Brand & Marketing Specialists
  • Pedigree of digital execution
  • Focused on incremental revenue
  • Retail / Fast Moving Consumer Goods
  • Passionate about building trust and long lasting relationships

I would recommend them

Knowledge and understand while being understated and considerate is a challenge, especially in todays faced paced business environments. I wish Jut-so every success in their endeavours and build upon their very own unique proposition.

I felt as though they took me everywhere
    I would have recommended we paid more
    Everything was explained and introduce to perfection
    I have recommended them to a wider group of industries

Web Dev and Design for Creative Agency

"They’re a young and fresh team."

2019 - Ongoing

jut-so supports a creative agency in web development and design for client projects. They work alongside the client and its customers to brainstorm ideas before implementing each brief.

Meerbusch, Germany
Rika Keuchel
Owner & Creative Director, D.FINE

jut-so’s reliable and high-quality work allows the client to take on more customers and expand their portfolio. The jut-so team provides creative insights as well as dependability in delivering on time and within scope. Transparency about timelines and budget add to this successful partnership.

I’m the owner and creative director for D.FINE, a creative agency. I do project management, conception, and copywriting for my clients’ different projects.

What challenge were you trying to address with jut-so?

Many clients want redesigns or new websites for themselves, and I sought help from jut-so to do this.

We had a project for a young man who was recycling plastic and reusing it for newly-designed things. We tried to work out with the client what they did and what their message, vision, and brand should be.

jut-so has different sections: they have a web designer and a web developer. I told the web designer how we wanted to visualize the brand, and he helped me with colors, designs, and how to set up the website. I identified the important messages that should be visible on the front page. The designer identified young people as the target group, so it needed to be fresh and colorful.

In the end, the web developers implemented the idea. jut-so’s team also came with ideas on where to place calls to action, how to link it with social media channels and campaigns, and what the on-page SEO should be. We developed the page together, and I presented it to the client.

How did you come to work with jut-so?

I’m always looking for network partners. They need to be reliable and speak my language in terms of quality standards, design, time planning, and efficiency. They have to make their own suggestions based on the ideas my client and I develop, but they can’t be stuck to them. We have to translate and realize whatever the client wishes. Not every web designer can do that.

I found jut-so through another contact. We did a trial project together, and it worked really well. They were quick in responding, and it was very easy to communicate. They’re very reliable and make accurate estimates.

The cost of their services so far has been around €10,000 (approximately $11,000 USD).

I started working with jut-so around the beginning of 2019.

Since working with jut-so, I’m able to offer more services. It had been difficult to find reliable partners for web development, which meant I couldn’t take on many web jobs before. Now, I can take on any job, and my portfolio range has become broader. I can tell clients we can take their project from conception to an actual web design. That’s very nice for me. We’re working on our seventh project now, and it’s going well.

How did jut-so perform from a project management standpoint?

When doing a redesign, we often have an existing website already, and the developer has to solve whatever problems appear. jut-so always solved it. I have to sell it to my clients, and their explanations on how the websites work are very good and easy to understand.

They’re perfect in terms of delivery. They tell me exactly when they can start and how long the job will take, and I know that they’ll deliver on time. We talk about the budget before we proceed in a project and have wrap-ups afterward. We haven’t had any problems with the budget until now.

Often, web developers are very technical, and we have to be very precise in telling them what we want. With jut-so, we’re working together in a creative way, and they give me feedback on my ideas so that we create something better. This isn’t something I can expect from every web developer.

They’re a young and fresh team. I have many people in my network that can do more conservative work. We wanted a different, younger, more innovative approach, and jut-so is perfect for that. They constantly push to get new stuff going, and they’re very eager to learn.

Clients should talk to them. It’s important for jut-so to have a good understanding of what we want. If we get it right, we’ll have a really good result. The more they know, the more creativity will come, and we’ll get the most out of it.

They’re clear about when they can and can’t deliver.
    They’re cheaper than a huge agency.
    They’re reliable in delivering what we ask for. They work thoroughly, listen, and deliver on time.

Website Development for Creative Agency

"jut-so interpreted and understood design requirements well."

July 2019 - Ongoing

jut-so managed full-stack development services of a website for a third-party client. They developed the WordPress platform from scratching, incorporating brand collateral and following design requirements.

Michael Wickham
Founder, Abandon Creative

jut-so delivered an impressive website that has received enthusiastically positive feedback from multiple stakeholders. The team directed the project effectively, providing results on time and budget. They can mediate multiple requirements to optimize performance and aesthetics.

I’m the founder of Abandon Creative. We’re a branding and marketing agency, providing strategy and creative production services.

What challenge were you trying to address with jut-so?

We needed someone to build out a high-quality website for one of our clients.

In a collaborative process, jut-so built a WordPress website for our client. Their team developed the backend and frontend of the product. We created branding materials and collateral, which they incorporated into the platform. Their team didn’t design the client's corporate identity but adopted the design elements for the website. Now, they’re our go-to web development partners.

I’ve worked with two people from the jut-so team.

How did you come to work with jut-so?

We wanted a partner that showed a deep level of design thinking, which a lot of development agencies didn’t have. I belong to the same co-working club as one of jut-so's founders. My team was looking for partners in that space, and they were the best people we met.

We began the project in July 2019, and it's ongoing.

The feedback from our client has been gushingly good. For us, that’s amazing. Our input for them has also been excellent. We gave them a specific project with a tight budget, and jut-so has knocked it out of the park. We’ve been super happy.

How did jut-so perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve performed well. I can’t fault jut-so for anything.

jut-so interpreted and understood design requirements well. Many agencies can build websites but don’t understand the bigger picture of our efforts as they’re focused on functionality and SEO. If a website doesn’t look good, it doesn’t matter that a website's found. jut-so balanced these qualities, making the site work well and look amazing.

No, there’s nothing they could improve.

I recommend them. jut-so has been fantastic.