Tactical Marketing in an Untamed World

A full-service advertising, marketing and web development agency based in Jersey City, NJ (NYC's 6th and most creative borough).

In a marketplace screaming for your audience's attention, understanding when to shout and when to whisper is critical to your brand's success.

At JUNGLE, we have the tactical means to effectively maneuver through the minefields of consumer influences in order to positively impact their decision-making process.

Our team of marketing professionals is a cohort of experienced guerrilla marketing veterans, driven by our 7 core values that guide every project. Let JUNGLE's warrior spirit unleash your brands potential!

2005

Brooklyn Tabernacle

Historical Bible Society

Soaring Heights Charter School

Video Production for Faith-Based Non-Profit

“The new and improved testimonial videos are the greatest assets to our fundraising efforts.”

In an effort to raise funds for a nonprofit organization, Jungle Communications, Inc. is producing a series of testimonial videos. They are responsible for casting, interviewing, filming, and editing the films.

Hackensack, New Jersey
Debbie Provencher
Executive Director, Lighthouse Pregnancy Resource Center

The call-to-action videos have become an essential piece to the strategic fundraising plan. Jungle Communications, Inc. scrutinizes every detail, ensuring that they always deliver the best possible product. Their incredible results are also a result of their genuine care for client satisfaction.

I am the executive director at Lighthouse Pregnancy Resource Center. As a faith-based nonprofit, we serve people within our community who are facing or at risk for an unplanned pregnancy.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jungle Communications, Inc.?

Each year we produce a testimonial video to encourage donors to contribute to our foundation. In preparation for our annual fundraising banquet, we wanted to partner with a more experienced production company that could help us elevate the quality of our videos.

We brought Jungle Communications, Inc. on board to make a call-to-action video that highlights our impact on the community. After a few brief discussions concerning our immediate and long-term goals, they helped us map out the timeline and reach out to potential interview subjects.

Once we found a decent number of participants, the team at Jungle Communications, Inc. began conducting and filming the testimonials. Every detail was taken into consideration; the interviewer was assigned based on their ability to connect with our beneficiaries, and the camera crew was assembled according to their skillsets. They were able to capture a considerable amount of video footage, which they edited down to a short clip with a powerful message. Since completing the first project, they have produced several other donor videos; most of the clips range from 3 – 10 minutes in length.

The CEO at Jungle Communications, Inc. serves as our main point of contact, but Leslie (Office Administrator, Jungle Communications, Inc.) acts as a liaison when he is not available. On the set, Sam, Byron, and Jason (Video Professionals, Jungle Communications, Inc.) operate cameras and administer interviews behind the scenes.

How did you come to work with Jungle Communications, Inc.?

A friend of our ministry was aware of our ambitions to improve the quality of our fundraising videos, so they connected us with Jungle Communications, Inc.

Our partnership with Jungle Communications, Inc. began in January 2018. The first video was released in March 2018, but they have continued to work with us for future projects.

Jungle Communications, Inc. captured a compelling story that reflects our mission and the people that we serve. The new and improved testimonial videos are the greatest assets to our fundraising efforts. At the end of our banquet, we asked our guests to write down the event highlights that influenced them to give to our cause – an overwhelming majority mentioned the video.

How did Jungle Communications, Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

Although we did not allow them much time to prepare the first video, they managed to deliver incredible work within the strict timeline. In addition to their internal efficiency, they helped our team stay on track. Communication was vital to our progress. We have an annual debriefing in-office, but most of our correspondence is done via phone and email.

Jungle Communications, Inc. only takes on projects that they genuinely care about, and their investment shows in the quality of the final product. To our surprise, their CEO attended our fundraising event to support our cause and witness the audience’s response to their work. Everyone within their team is driven to succeed, but they are also pleasant to work with. The camera crew made our interview subjects feel comfortable enough to share their unfiltered story.

It would be nice if we could utilize the content that is not shown in the main video.

Creating a video is a significant investment of valuable time and resources, so it is essential to be prepared at each stage. Having a fully-developed vision will be beneficial for all parties involved.

Overall Score We are delighted with their results.
    Our previous vendors were more affordable, but Jungle Communications, Inc. offers the best quality work.

Marketing Campaign for Religious Organization

"They were very accessible and timely in communications; I have no complaints. "

Jan. 2010 - Apr. 2010

Jungle conducted a marketing campaign that included billboard and ferry advertising, web development, branding, and other marketing collateral.

Staten Island, New York
David Watson
CEO, Calvary Chapel

Jungle's team exceeded expectations, deploying marketing strategies that helped the organization achieve its goals and inspire its target audience. Extremely collaborative, responsive, and proactive in their approach, working with them was seamless. Their talent in the field is unmatched.

I'm the CEO and senior pastor of Calvary Chapel. We run a bible institute, a radio ministry, and a mission outreach program.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jungle Communications?

I reached out to Jungle to help us conduct a marketing campaign in response to an atheist billboard campaign in New York. We wanted to let locals, especially in the Staten Island borough, know that faith in God is just as robust in their area as atheism is.

Jungle helped guide us through the entire marketing campaign, brainstorming ideas for the best ways to respond to atheism advertisements with pro-faith advertisements. They purchased billboard ads, created literature, and enabled us to buy a long-term ad on the Staten Island ferry. They also designed and developed a website, including the overall branding and featured video content. They continue to manage our website and provide support at events as needed.

I worked closely with Sam (CEO, Jungle Communications), along with various people on his team, including designers, videographers, and advertising specialists.

How did you come to work with Jungle Communications?

Sam attended one of the classes I taught in Manhattan, and we developed a personal relationship from there. I'd also reached out to him numerous times in the past for marketing advice, so I reached out to him as soon as the project presented itself.

We spent a little over $50,000, but it felt as if we got $100,000 worth of deliverables.

We ran the campaign for 120 days per their recommendation from January–April 2010.

Jungle's marketing strategy helped us effectively communicate our message, reaching huge numbers of New Yorkers in the process. We've received a lot of positive feedback from within our community who have felt inspired by the campaign overall. It was money well spent.

How did Jungle Communications perform from a project management standpoint?

Sam was great throughout the process, providing a lot of personal attention that included educating us and making himself available to answer any questions. Even though we didn't have a huge budget, they treated us with the same attention as any one of their clients. They were very accessible and timely in communications; I have no complaints.

Sam's expertise in advertising is very impressive; not only does he know where to buy, but also when to buy in order to be the most effective. He's not looking to just throw money at a problem; he was strategic about maximizing our investment.

I can't name a specific area for improvement. Even though they're a small firm, it doesn't feel like it. I wouldn't change anything about our relationship.

Be open to their feedback and guidance, because they'll be able to apply their expertise and exceed expectations.

Overall Score It was a great experience.
    They were always ahead of our timelines.
    We've gotten more out of the campaign than we could've anticipated–it's been unbelievable.
    Their services and deliverables exceeded expectations.
    I'd recommend their team to anyone looking to run an ad campaign, even outside of New York.

Branding & Advertising for Personal Injury Law Firm

“I get good value and efficiency for what I’m spending.”

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

2004 - Ongoing

Jungle Communications, Inc. manages branding and marketing including media, communications, advertising, and event planning. They also created a video, helped publish a book, and developed the website.

Woodbury, New York
Daniel Buttafuoco
Founder & Sr. Partner, Daniel Buttafuoco & Associates, LLP

Jungle Communications, Inc. is responsible for connecting the firm with big cases that settled for large sums of money. They deliver excellent advertising by reaching the intended audience in a myriad of ways and keeping the firm’s name in front of them. They impress with their customized approach.

I’m the founder and senior partner of Daniel Buttafuoco & Associates, LLP, a personal injury law firm. We handle serious injury cases in all 50 states.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jungle Communications, Inc.?

We needed help with branding and advertising.

They’ve been marketing my personal injury practice with various media campaigns, internet, social media, e-blasts, newsletters, radio, television, and print. We do multilingual ads in Korean, Spanish, and English.

I also have a nonprofit company called The Historical Bible Society. I do presentations regarding the history of the bible. I wrote a book about the New Testament which Jungle Communications, Inc. helped me to publish. They got it edited for me and got it printed. It’s doing very well. They also arranged my speaking engagements and events. They set up a booth, and I sell books. We do the ministry all pro-bono. For one engagement, they also arranged a video team and we made a great video.

They did the firm’s web design and development and they do community outreach as well. They talk to people directly on my behalf. I give talks to pastors. Pastors are key for me because when somebody gets seriously hurt, one of the first people they involve at the bedside in the hospital is their pastor. Pastors feel comfortable recommending me because I have a master's degree in theology.

I work directly with Sam and five other people. He hires several other people on a case-by-case basis.

How did you come to work with Jungle Communications, Inc.?

I used to do my own advertising directly. Their owner realized that I was going direct and approached me and said he could do better for me by negotiating. The first time he approached me, I blew him off. Finally, I went with them, and now I wish I had done it sooner.

We’ve spent over $1 million.

We started working together in 2004 and the work is ongoing.

I get good value and efficiency for what I’m spending. If there are good promotions on advertising, Sam will grab them for me. For example, we got some billboards for practically nothing, whereas sometimes they’re $1,000/month. They’ve gotten us some big cases. I’ve got a case in Iowa that just settled for $3 million and a case in Chicago that settled for $30 million. We’re hitting every form of media that we can. I had one client come in to see me and said, “This has to be God because I heard your commercial on the radio. I called my pastor after I was hurt and he told me to call you. Then, the lady sitting next to me in the pew referred me to you. Then, the nurse in the hospital referred me to you.”

We have pens that we give out. They do a great job getting our brand out there. Sam is a friend at this point; I see him so much. My book sold out twice on Amazon, and I just sold 100 books last Sunday. I’ve been interviewed 74 times so far includingThe Eric Metaxas Show. I’ve become somewhat of a phenomenon in the Christian and legal community. We handle all the serious injury cases for a lot of people.

Project management is great. We communicate via email, texts, and phone calls. Their team is highly accessible and I call and speak to them all the time.

I ran out of books the other day because we sold so many. Sam arranged for us to get two cases of books right away so I could keep selling them.

They’ve done extremely well separating me from other businesses. It’s not a cookie cutter campaign. Everything is custom-made. Their ads are highly creative.

No, I can't name anything specific.

Overall Score I wish I had used them sooner. I paid way more than I should have for years.
    I would rate them higher if I could.

Advertising & Digital Marketing for Large Church

“Not only are they experts at what they do, they have a great network and have always negotiated excellent deals.”

2003 - Ongoing

Jungle Communications has been a long-term partner for advertising and public relations. They’ve negotiated deals for prominent billboard space as well as radio exposure and digital campaigns.

Luly McCoy
Communications Director, Times Square Church

Jungle’s expertise, professional networks, and negotiation skills are unparalleled, allowing them to run cost-effective campaigns in a prime location. They are responsive and willing to help, even on short notice.

Since 2003, I’ve been the communications director of Times Square Church in New York. I take care of all of the marketing, PR [public relations], and advertising.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jungle Communications?

We go to them anytime that we need to promote an event or initiative in New York. As a non-profit, we can’t spend full rate on billboards or subway campaigns.

Jungle is our agency of record for advertising, and they have been our partner in every sense of the word. They’ve negotiated radio, subway, and billboard advertising for large-scale events, including a massive prayer meeting in Times Square. They use their relationships with Christian media for our PR and event coverage. Aside from straight advertising, they’ve negotiated partnerships for us, including a contract with the NY Mets to do a Faith Day at Citi Field. For projects like Prayer in the Square, they’ve connected us with other churches to get them involved.

Jungle helped with the negotiation for a couple of Google AdWords campaigns. They also monitored the results and assigned the budget, which was critical. The first focused on a half-hour video we produced about Marc Gastineau, a former football player and one of our congregants. The video featured the story of how he became a Christian. The second campaign was for our pastor’s radio program.

Recently, we had a successful social media and radio campaign for a dramatic production we did in October. We did a live interview and presented an excerpt from the play. Aside from negotiating a posting on the radio station pages, Jungle also served as the admin, which allowed them to control the process and meet our goals.

I mostly work with Sam Mikhail [CEO, Jungle Communications], who is a genius. I’ve also collaborated with the people who worked on the latest social media campaign.

How did you come to work with Jungle Communications?

Given our founder’s background, I believe we found them on the radio.

They are considerate of us because we are a non-profit.

Our church has been using them as far back as 1999, years before I came on board. The work is ongoing.

We love working with them. Not only are they experts at what they do, they have a great network and have always negotiated excellent deals. They are our only advertising agency because of their strong partnerships in the Christian community, which allows them to understand where we are coming from and how we need to work. This has been a critical element in our relationship with them.

Because of Jungle’s relationships, we’ve had some great billboard campaigns that we would never have been able to afford otherwise. At times, the billboard deals have been unbelievable. They even got us a billboard right beside Port Authority on a remnant deal for a very good price.

Our latest campaign did very well and brought attention to the play. Since Jungle was managing the campaign and pushing it as needed, our social media reach was greater. We would do it again in a second. I wish Sam had negotiated the contract with Mets—it wasn’t half as good. If we do it again next year, he will be actively involved because he knows how to get us exactly what we need.

How did Jungle Communications perform from a project management standpoint?

They are generally responsive, and we’ve never had issues with communication. Sometimes they don’t reply as fast as I expect, but they’re not aware of the rush we’re in. When we work with Sam, projects often get extended a little for one reason or another. However, they are always willing to help even on a tight deadline.

Our weakness is that we can be very last minute. Jungle’s strength is that I can call them 1–2 weeks before the deadline, and they can still work with us. They are creative about how we can leverage and maximize our resources.

I haven’t experienced any.

Web Dev & Digital Marketing for Environmental Equipment Company

"We went from having maybe ... 10 bid requests in a year to the point where we're getting 10 a week."

Oct. 2016 - Ongoing

Jungle Communications designed a new logo and website. They improved SEO to drive organic traffic and capture qualified leads. Digital marketing efforts included content development and customer case studies.

New Jersey
Dave Lyman
President, RunDry Evaporators

The engagement resulted in significantly more qualified leads via the website, and improved Google search status among its competitors. Trustworthiness and creativity are also especially noteworthy.

My name is Dave Lyman, president of RunDry Evaporators. We make equipment that minimizes industrial wastewater disposal costs.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jungle Communications?

Optimizing the website to generate increased qualified leads was the main challenge. The existing website was underperforming in Google searches. In-house efforts were unsuccessful in improving search placement. As a result, the company was receiving only 10 bid requests a year from the site.

As conversations got underway, the company received a trademark on the name RunDry Evaporators. Jungle proposed creating a new logo and marketing materials, such as new product cut sheets. They designed and built a new website, and set up Google AdWords.

The team also created a content strategy of staff-authored articles, which they edited for grammar and clarity. Additional deliverables included customer case studies and online reviews.

I worked with 4 people: a project manager, writer, graphic designer and programmer.

How did you come to work with Jungle Communications?

I met the owner of the company through networking.

Work started in October of 2016 and took several months.

Whereas the old website received only 10 bid requests a year, now it gets 10 a week, which is a tremendous improvement.

In the past, our biggest competitors never used the company’s name in an AdWords plan. Now they are paying to display ads for their company when a customer searches for RunDry Evaporators.

Customers are spending more time on the site, and reading the content. The site is proving very helpful in their initial research.

How did Jungle Communications perform from a project management standpoint?

They always hit the deadlines, but it would often take me longer to provide content to the team.

They had a vision for what the site could be, and really pushed to create content that tells a story.

The team is very trustworthy. I always had confidence that they'd do the right thing. They aren’t going to cheat you, and they're not going to cut corners.

They always hit deadlines.
    We're thrilled with the results and their performance.
    I've recommended them multiple times.