Professional Graphic & Web Design

Juliana Laface is a graphic designer in Edmonton with six years of experience in the industry. She is passionate about creating an interactive experience for websites and professional branding materials for international organizations. As a branding specialist, her work has helped clients gain a return on investment with the help of marketing strategies that produce results.

She is a master at developing corporate branding materials using a mix of typefaces and premium designs that set her apart from the competition.

Juliana has a Bachelor of Design from the University of Alberta with an education in business and marketing at MacEwan University. Her corporate design experience has resulted in collaborating closely with Interior Designers and professionals in a variety of industries to create a consistent brand identity. She is a bona fide foodie with a passion for eating at new restaurants in the city while sharing her cuisine experience on social media.

She is a creative genius that takes pride in researching the needs and desires of target audiences to create high quality work that redefines a public image of a company. Juliana is more than a graphic designer! She solves the client’s problems by developing products that are personalized and unique to an industry. She stays up to date with industry related news helping her to create color palettes, logos, social media profiles, and web design that are rarely used by a customers’ competitor. Her web design projects capture the interest of site visitors, increasing traffic.

Working with Juliana is life changing for people that do not have the time or experience in developing a new website or marketing materials. She is one of the rare graphic designers in Edmonton that consistently exceeds a client’s expectations.

Freelancer
Edmonton, Canada
  • Edmonton, AB

Wix Web Redesign for Interior Design Company

“What I liked about Juliana was that she had a great combination of experience and character.”

Dec. 2015 - Mar. 2016

Juliana Laface Design built a Wix site to showcase a commercial interior design company’s projects. They led an intensive discovery phase to ensure brand alignment and worked iteratively to launch the site.

Edmonton, Canada
Troy Dashney
Owner, Bold Design Inc.

The new site attracted a number of clients and featured intuitive editing options as well as successful email marketing capabilities. Beyond their exceptional design skills, Juliana Laface Design was able to effortlessly navigate creative feedback, opening them to further business opportunities.

I’m the director and principal of a commercial insurer design firm called Bold Design Inc.

What challenge were you trying to address with Juliana Laface Design?

We hired Juliana Laface Design because we were trying to establish a new online presence for marketing purposes. Because we secure a lot of our business through word-of-mouth, we intended to create a site that would serve as a portfolio gallery that we could share with proposed clients.

We worked directly with Juliana (Principal, Juliana Laface Design) to create a new Wix site for our brand.

The project started off with a programming questionnaire, which helped me define exactly what I was trying to achieve and allowed me to assess my views. From there, I looked through various websites, giving her a list of what I liked and didn’t like, noting what I wanted my field to be, and discussing our budgetary constraints.

Juliana then took all of our programming needs and drafted preliminary templates along with an overall map of the site. We went back and forth to hone the site design. At each step, she would send me pieces, and I would review them before giving feedback.

The whole process took under four months to complete. Part of that was on me as the client. Since there was a lot of copy to write, it would sometimes take me longer to get her what she needed to move forward, but Juliana followed through with all of her commitments.

As we got closer to the launch date, we had an opportunity to review the final build and test things out. There were some requests that we ultimately couldn’t implement, but that was mainly due to financial requirements on our end. Juliana took the time to look into those items and go over them with us so that nothing was missed.

They’re a small firm, so we just worked with Juliana.

How did you come to work with Juliana Laface Design?

Juliana is the spouse of a contractor that I work with. And, as it turned out, she had also worked at one of my previous employers where I knew their VP, so I knew that she had a very good background. I considered her along with a couple of other design firms, basing my final selection on the value that each candidate brought to the table.

What I liked about Juliana was that she had a great combination of experience and character. I appreciated that she had quite a strong personality. If there was an idea that I just needed to let go, she had a way of walking me through it, explaining the reason why something wouldn’t work in a positive way. I place a lot of value in that because I have to go through the same process with my clients, too.

For this original contract, it was just under $5,000 CAD (approximately $3,800 USD). We achieved more than we expected while coming in below budget, which was a nice end result.

Juliana worked on the website from December 2015–March 2016, but we still engage her to work on some of our clients’ projects. As a small business, I know what it’s like to have people take a chance on me, so I wanted to be able to refer her to my clients, too.

We’re so content with Juliana’s work that we now actually come on as joint leads on some contracts. I handle the interior design for the physical brick and mortar location, and she creates the online visual brand identity, including cards, logos, websites, and so forth.

We’ve had a ton of positive industry feedback on the site, and it has helped us secure clientele. The contact page has been an amazing tool. Over the last two years, we’ve successfully landed about 6–7 new clients and connections that we wouldn’t have otherwise. This has been great, especially since we’re a small firm that strictly does commercial design.

Building the site on Wix has also allowed us to conduct effective email marketing campaigns, which we couldn’t do before. Currently, we have a few hundred subscribers, so the website has more than paid for itself.

In terms of usability, I find the site easy to update by myself without having to reach out every time I wanted to showcase additional projects or make simple edits. It’s really a unique, user-friendly website that portrays us how we want to project ourselves and helps us stand out in our industry.

How did Juliana Laface Design perform from a project management standpoint?

We mostly communicated through phone calls, text messages, emails, and several in-person meetings. Juliana was fairly flexible about her schedule, making time for us during the day or evening. We’d often talk multiple times a day or 1–2 times a week depending on the task at hand.

I had a lot of respect for the feedback process. When I first started, I had a specific vision in mind. But it’s kind of like looking through muddy glasses; things sometimes change because what you initially imagined isn’t feasible.

In those cases, I would need to take time to understand Juliana’s creative process when going over a template or a webpage. I’d review the piece before reaching out, and she’d get back to me with a quick response.

It’s her flexibility and strong creative processes that’s so impressive. Being a design professional myself, I know that I can be a bit difficult as a client because I’m on the other side of that design process. Not to mention, creativity is very subjective, so there would be times when we’d see things differently.

Juliana was able to really handle my needs and took my constructive criticism professionally, even when something came across as unintentionally abrupt. She held herself well, was very approachable, and never took offense. That’s one of the reasons why I continue to refer her to my clients—I know that they’re in very good hands.

Overall Score We couldn’t have gotten better results anywhere else, even if we’d paid more.
    It’s a bit harder to book her time since she’s an independent business, but she did extremely well.
    By all means, it was amazing work for the cost.
    Her deliverables were always what she said they would be. We got everything as expected.
    We’ve recommended her multiple times and even put her up against other competitors. More often than not, she’s successful.

Business Card Design for Makeup Artist

“She is a perfectionist, and she does everything to make sure the deliverables look great and her clients are happy.”

Feb. - May 2017

Juliana Laface Design created business cards for a makeup artist. Working from a detailed questionnaire and consultation, she created design options and made changes before delivering the finished product.

Cecilia Boyce
Owner, Cecilia Boyce Makeup Artistry

The business cards Juliana Laface Design produced are rich in information and convey the desired image in an attractive way. They are often complimented, and they meet all the desired requirements. She is detail-oriented, intelligent, and hard working.

I'm a makeup artist.

What challenge were you trying to address with Juliana Laface Design?

I hired her to create my business cards for me. I wanted classy cards that were rich in information and that conveyed my image in a classy way.

For the time being, she just created my business cards. She was very thorough. I filled out a questionnaire and had a consultation. We discussed what I wanted to present, and what the design should look like. She gave me some possible designs, which we tweaked a little bit. I really appreciated her work process.

I worked directly with Juliana.

How did you come to work with Juliana Laface Design?

Juliana is a friend of mine, and I knew she was a graphic designer. I knew she was really talented and had years of experience. She knows my style, and I trusted her to do my business cards. She did a great job.

I paid $1,800 CAD (approximately $1,400 USD) for this project.

We worked together on this project from February–May 2017.

At the time, I was just starting out as a makeup artist. These were my first business cards, so I don't have any comparison. If I have any future projects, I'll definitely work with her again. I've received so many compliments on the business card she produced. Whenever I hand them out, people comment on how fancy and beautiful the cards are.

She's very smart, and she works very hard. She is a perfectionist, and she does everything to make sure the deliverables look great and her clients are happy. I was really happy with the job she did.

Everything went well in this project, and I don't have any remarks or improvements for her.

She is a detail-oriented partner, and she'll work well with a client who has a clear vision, or even just a rough idea. She brings projects to fruition, and she asks a lot of detailed questions. Be prepared to answer her questionnaire, and she will help you with any of your design needs.