User Experience (UX) & User Interface (UI) Design

A digital design studio founded in 2015, we focus on User Experience and Interface Design.

Leveraging on our design skill set to craft highly functional digital experiences, we dedicate professionalism to quality design.

As a team, we bring our heads together to ideate and deliver the best design solutions, helping businesses communicate and innovate in a user-friendly way.

, Singapore

AIA Singapore, MediaCorp, WEALTH in ASIA, GoBear, ST Logisitcs, NYP

Playfilms Image

Playfilms

Playfilms approached us to redesign their website. We understood that Playfilms was selling an attitude. Using the ‘Play’ element, hues of purple, and wave concept, we were able to create a fun, sexy yet professional theme.

From there, we realized the concept of side scrolling instead of a vertically-scrolling storyboard, so that each page and its idea is told in focus.

Kuroz Image

Kuroz

Combining two functions into a single app can be tricky. For Kuroz, we had to meet that criterion and still convey a luxurious mood.

Through our design, we created an all-in-one bar experience for users. This hybrid app allows diners to book tables and order food and drinks at any of the participating outlets. By combining these two functionalities into a seamless interface, we improved the user’s dining experience.

Our luxe colour scheme also enhanced the app experience, communicating the swanky feel of Kuroz.
Moments | Baby Diary Image

Moments | Baby Diary

We wanted to capture the nostalgic feeling of scrapbooking memories with the Moments – Baby Journal app. Together with OriginallyUS, we created this companion app for young parents.

New moms and dads want to capture every stage of their baby’s growth. Using soft pastel colours, rounded fonts and elements, a soft and warm theme was created to support this experience.

We also designed and pushed out stickers

and frames for different categories, festivities and special occasions. Parents could use these accessories to celebrate their baby’s milestones and share it to their social media platforms.

UI/UX Design for Digital Solutions Company

"They’re not just a common design company; they’re UX experts."

Dec. 2017 - Ongoing

JIN Design provided design services, working on creating the final designs for the frontend of a web portal.

Singapore
Hendry Zheng
Owner, Velintech Solution

The team produced excellent designs, focusing on the ease of use as well as the aesthetic of the portal they developed. They bring their technical expertize and creative flair to every project, ensuring the requirements are met, while their communication and responsiveness are also good.

I’m the owner and president of Velintech Solution. I initially ran my own freelance portal, before starting my own company.

What challenge were you trying to address with JIN Design?

I was involved in the front- and backend development of a portal and I put JIN Design in charge of making the entire design.

They created mockups, turned them into final designs, and turned them over to us to build the portal and upload it to the server. We liaised with them in order to make project requirements.

They understood what we and the client wanted, producing the final design within two weeks. The entire project took a month to go live. The site is still running and we’re still getting good feedback from the client.

I’ve worked directly with Yugene (Managing Partner and UI/UX Designer, JIN Design) and with Yun (Project Director and Senior UX/UI Designer, JIN Design), who took over the project and discussed project requirements and changes with me. We worked back and forth until we launched the project and closed it perfectly.

How did you come to work with JIN Design?

I chose them based on referrals and their portfolio. Some friends of mine were working with JIN Design, and put me in touch. I found that they produced beautiful designs and that they were UX experts. I was looking for a design agency at the time, so I gave them a try. It worked really well, so I gave them other projects after that.

Their price is neither the lowest or highest, but we got what we paid for in terms of quality.

I started working with them in January 2017. We’re currently working on an educational game app for an institution. Alongside us, Yugene is in charge of design and development.

We depend on each other, given that my company focuses on development, and they primarily focus on design. We're more than happy with their work and we expect to have a long-term collaboration. I hope we’ll scale up together.

They've produced some beautiful work. They know what they’re doing on the UX side and their designs aren’t just beautiful; they measure every aspect, such as user-friendliness, color, aesthetics, design, and so on. They’re not just a common design company; they’re UX experts. They’re a great team, and I look forward to working with them again on future projects.

How did JIN Design perform from a project management standpoint?

We meet each other once or twice a month in Singapore. They’re a young, dedicated, and responsive team. We use Slack or other group chat tools to communicate changes, and their replies are fast-enough for us to work on our development track. Their team is responsive, they know what they’re doing, and they know what we want. The communication between their members and us is quite smooth.

We use InVision and Zeplin for design work, Slack for communication, Trello for QA items, and WhatsApp for any urgent feedback. We're still using an Excel sheet to keep track of the timeline.

I’ve worked with other design agencies, which often had a corporate style, whereas JIN Design is mobilized and agile. Other companies work based on procedure, while JIN Design focuses on fulfilling client needs. If something doesn’t go the way we want, they’ll change it. Rather than working on a development lifecycle, they use an agile methodology. We’re working together as a team, despite the fact that we have a client-agency relationship.

They’ve made a few mistakes that slowed us down. After requesting changes, they uploaded some of the material to our server, but not all. They should put more QA in place.

They’re UX experts, and working together with them is like working in a team. They’re not limited to the client-vendor model; they’re more like an in-house team working together with the client, continuing until the work is done perfectly.

They’ve taken more time than expected to deliver some changes we requested, but it was still what we wanted.
    All my clients have been happy with the projects they’ve delivered.
    The quality is outstanding and the team is responsive and responsible.
    I got their contact from a friend and I would definitely refer them myself.

UX Design & Project Management for Small Dev Shop

“JIN Design manages the projects and my clients proactively with zero instructions or intervention from my end.”

Oct. 2014 - Ongoing

JIN Design collaborates to provide project management as well as UI/UX design for mobile apps and websites for this ongoing partnership. Their scope also includes user study workshops and wireframing.

Singapore
Managing Director, Digital Marketing Company

Receiving consistently positive reviews for their fast turnaround time, JIN Design impresses time and time again. Proactive project management, professionalism, and an ongoing review and improvement process assure continuous customer satisfaction.

We are an IT services and digital/social media marketing venture established in 2014 to capitalize on the growing need for mobile, digital and social media business expertise as well as app developments. The team consists purely of developers and practitioners only, no salesmen.

What challenge were you trying to address with JIN Design?

We engaged JIN Design to assist with project management as well as UI/UX design for our clients.

They oversee project management for my client projects, from requirement gathering, user study workshops, wireframing, to the final design work. JIN Design directly engages and communicates with our clients regarding all matters related to the scope of the project, UX/UI direction, wireframing, and designs. They've worked on over 10 projects with me.

One of the projects we worked on together is supporting the filming of Mediacorp's Dreamcoder television drama. My company provided hand sketches, wireframe, designs, mobile app prototypes and other digital props to be used in the television drama, which revolves around a mobile app development company. JIN Design delivered design mockups, paper sketches, mascots and avatar sketches and designs, as well as mobile app wireframes. My company delivered consultation during the script writing process as well as functional mobile apps shown in the drama.

At least two team members were assigned to each project. (We have multiple concurrent projects with JIN Design). I do not need to be part of the process of assembling these teams. I trust JIN Design to select the right team members for the job.

JIN Design’s team members are the primary communicators when it comes to design and UX work. My company’s team members are the primary communicators on the development/tech portion. I communicate with them daily. I interact with at least two staff from JIN Design on a regular basis. At least two of them are dedicated project managers.

How did you come to work with JIN Design?

I found them by asking around through my contacts in the Singapore startup/tech community. I hired them for their strong design portfolio and past works, professionalism, and effective methodology when tackling new design challenges.

SGD 100,000 – SGD 200,000 [USD ~$150,000].

My clients have given very positive reviews of the work by JIN Design and their fast turnaround time, which typically takes only hours and at most days. Many other suppliers take at least 3–5 working days to entertain simple requests and changes.

How did JIN Design perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate via Slack, email and Google Drive. JIN Design manages the projects and my clients proactively with zero instructions or intervention from my end.

At the end of every project, they conduct a review to understand what went wrong in each project, what could be done better, and where they can further strengthen their force. With this process, JIN Design becomes stronger with every project they take.

Of all the suppliers, JIN Design is our preferred supplier due to their professionalism and proactive approach and sorting out the needs and requirements of the clients.