Your One-Stop Design Shop

Jen Chapman is a freelance web designer and graphic designer located in Phoenix Arizona. Jen creates unique, custom designs for each client. There is no template based, drag-and drop designs here! Each website is uniquely tailored to the branding of the client. In addition to website design, other services offered are logo design, print design, tradeshow booth design and complete branding packages. This is your last stop for all of your design needs.

Freelancer

Benson Tradeshow Booth Design

GoBe Organics Package Design

Scout Package Design

Website Design and Development for HR Consultancy

“Jen has enormous creative talent.”

Aug. 2018 - Sept. 2018

Jen Chapman Creative provided website design services. She developed a new look and feel for a business website, while also working on the page layouts.

Goodyear, AZ
Rosemary Rulka
Owner, R.C. Rulka HR Consulting, LLC

The new site is excellent and receives positive feedback from its users. Within a short time after its completion, new customers were finding the business and seeking its services. Jen Chapman is skilled, creative, and able to bring ideas to life.

I’m the owner of a human resources consulting firm that specializes in helping small businesses with all their HR needs.

For what projects/services did your company hire Jen Chapman Creative?

I hired Jen Chapman Creative to update my old website and do some basic SEO for me.

I wanted a fresh, new, and up-to-date look for my website.

I’ve known Jen (Owner, Jen Chapman Creative) for many years and recognize her talent. She has great ideas, is well priced, and delivers every time. She also has many clients in my area that I also know well.

I didn’t know where to start with the website, but Jen guided me through the entire process. Within a short time, she presented me with several options for the look of the website. I chose the one I liked and then wrote the copy. We decided together how each page should be laid out.

I worked alone with Jen.

Within a month of launching the new website, I was receiving inquiries for new business. I have also received many compliments about the site and I’m very happy with how it turned out.

We communicated several times a week, and the whole project only took about six weeks to complete.

Jen has enormous creative talent. She was able to take my ideas and what I wanted to say and make it all come alive on a webpage.

None.

Overall Score They will do your website right.
    They're very easy to contact and are flexible on schedules.
    It's fair and they are priced far less than other designers.
    Outstanding creative work.
    I keep their cards in my purse at all times.

Web Design & Content Creation for Marketing Company

“[Jen] always works towards your goals while maintaining a great aesthetic.”

Apr. 2012 – Ongoing

Jen Chapman Creative provided rebranding services including site/logo redesign and business cards. She has also become a partner to Ink & Quill Communications, and they mutually refer clients to one another.

Phoenix, Arizona
Amanda Collins
Owner, Ink & Quill Communications

Unique designs, affordable pricing, and attention to larger marketing strategies yield goal-oriented products with visual appeal. Jen works collaboratively and always adheres to the project schedule.

I am the owner and lead content strategist for Ink & Quill Communications. We offer content marketing, corporate communications, and personal branding services through sites, blogs, articles, resumes, brochures, etc. We’ve been in business for about twelve years now.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jen Chapman Creative?

I just rebranded my company recently, and I needed someone's help with a few aspects of the process. This included site redesign and a new logo.

Jen took a lead on all aspects of the site redesign and created a new logo for me. She also designed and printed new business cards/notecards according to the new brand strategy.

How did you come to work with Jen Chapman Creative?

Jen and I met through a networking group here in the Phoenix area, and because she focused on sites and graphic design, we decided to align our businesses. When she has clients that need content strategy, she sends them to me, and when I have clients that need design work, I send them to her. She’s also done several projects for me.

I’ve spent about $3,500 for the site, and another $2,000 on additional services. In terms of clients that we take on together, we’ve seen between $10,000 and $20,000 of business every year.

We met at a networking group in April of 2012 and she completed the initial project soon after that. We have since built a close partnership and continue to work together.

It’s difficult to track in consulting work because usually the engagement ends when the project is finished. However, I remember we were working on a brochure with a landscape architect and he ended up using it at a trade show. I don’t know the exact numbers, but it certainly increased his exposure. He reached out to let us know how happy he was with the work. Someone else that met Jen through the marketing group used her for site design, and her visibility has increased dramatically.

How did Jen Chapman Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

She’s great with deadlines, but she prefers someone else managing the project. For instance, when were working together, she wants content from me before she starts planning. She’s very realistic on what her timelines are. She makes sure to avoid over-promising and under-delivering. We communicate primarily over the phone and via text.

Jen is not a cookie-cutter designer. She’s very conscious of the brand and the target audience when she works, and she makes sure they’re reflected in the product. She was very flexible in creating a logo that matched my rebranding, and created four samples initially. Her favorite was a very creative and intricate design, but when I mentioned that my target audience was mostly men, she created a much more simple and masculine design that I thought fit the brand very well. We had several people weigh in on their favorite design, and they overwhelmingly preferred her original before I explained my target audience and brand strategy.

She understands the marketing realm, as opposed to several designers I’ve worked with. Some designers are very talented, but don’t consider marketing strategy in their work. She always works towards your goals while maintaining a great aesthetic. She’s very open to feedback, and really wants people to be completely satisfied with her work.

We’ve had minor disagreements when it comes to handling shared clients, especially when they don’t approve of our work. I often end up refunding customers in these cases, but she is sometimes adamant about avoiding that. It’s easy to take it personally when someone doesn’t like your work; I do it, and I’m sure she does too to a certain extent. However, she’s always the ultimate professional when interacting with customers.

Sometimes I wish that she would illustrate, but she works with people that do that for her. She’s very smart in her business in that if she can’t do something, she finds someone who can. That’s why we work so well together. She knows her limitations, and successfully fills the gaps with reliable partners.

Advice for potential customers?

She thrives with direct communication. When clients of hers aren’t sure what they want, it makes her job very difficult. The more direction the customer can provide, the better her work will be. She welcomes feedback and works dynamically to satisfy every concern and make the best end product possible.

Overall Score She helps me to maintain integrity with my own clients, and has become a close friend.
    She’s very clear on timelines, and pushes clients for materials that she needs.
    She charges by the hour, and she’s very affordable.
    She does amazing work.
    I refer her all the time.