Development is simple when choose us

Jellyfish.tech is a Ukraine-based IT company who has been helping the partners create superb tech products from scratch and upgrade the existing ones.

Our team has proven expertise in building:

• PPM tools;
  • Network analysis applications;
  • Corporate and personal messengers, chats & chatbots;
  • SEO tools;
  • RESTful APIs.

We create stable web product to satisfy any customer needs, starting from startups to big companies.

Technological stack we focus on:

• Python/ Django for backend;
  • JavaScript/ Angular/ React for frontend;
  • MySQL and PostgreSQL for database.

The developers from Jellyfish.tech are curious and flexible, thus, going beyond the above-mentioned technologies is not a problem for us.

Being a small agency, we choose quality over quantity, that's why only the professionals, who stay passionate about what they're doing work for Jellyfish.tech, making the transparency, expertise, and integrity the crucial parts of our corporate culture.

Zaporizhia, Ukraine

Level35, Polystar OSIX AB, Halalivery, WebEffects Inc.

Gantt Chart we've developed for a large-scale PPM tool

Problem. A simple and powerful tool with “excel like” cell editing is required to plan tasks and resources, check the progress, estimate deadlines, and, as result, meet the deadlines, and analyze a project's release.

Solution. A classical tool for Project planning, similar to the Gantt Chart, has been developed. As a result, a user can create a classical Gantt

chart, add items, edit them, set the deadlines, check the information, and react immediately to unforeseen circumstances by changing the schedule. The functionality helps assess project duration, required resources, and order of tasks that should be completed.

Kanban Board created by Jellyfish.tech team

Problem. Although the Kanban functionality did exist, it required a major redesign according to the best practices and customer requirements.

Solution. The user can start sprints (each sprint is a separate KANBAN board), add carts with a possibility to give descriptions, people to cards, labels, etc. The tasks on cards can be assigned to a specific team member or be a part of the board.

Each card matches to action, issue, risk, or dependency and changes are displayed in real time. In this way, team members can organize their projects visually.

Custom Budget Editor

Problem. A user-friendly way to create and edit budgets like in excel is required. It should provide the possibility to estimate, analyze, and plan the budget according to the available resources and deadline dates.

Solution. The functionality similar to excel has been developed allowing to show the table with the possibility to add, edit, and delete amounts of money according to the

calendar (financial or not), make charts and diagrams according to data, create reports.

Resource Management Functionality

Problem. The resource planning instruments that exist in Zeno.PM don’t allow creating reports and cover all the areas of project management. A manager isn’t able to see the complete picture of available resources. The resource planning itself has no possibility to apply certain filters to get the information a manager is interested in.

Solution. A custom interactive table where the

project(s) resources with all the related information are displayed has been developed. This tool allows keeping track of time resources and team workload/availability accordingly, setting up a day plan to team members depending on the number of tasks or existing budget.

OneViewPPM Portfolio Management Development

"The Jellyfish team was a great find, they have been brilliant in turning our concepts into reality."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

Jellyfish is providing development resources to improve functionality. The team builds wireframes into code to improve management and scalability of the product.

Melbourne, Australia
Greg Vandeligt
Co-Founder, Level35

The team employs flawless project management oriented towards minimizing miscommunication. They have been instrumental in improving the project both visibly and behind-the-scenes. Most importantly, Jellyfish exudes integrity through their company culture.

I am one of two co-founders of Level35 and the designer and developer of OneViewPPM. Level35 is the company behind the OneViewPPM Cloud Application. We manage all the design, development and support. We are also professional project, program and portfolio managers providing consulting services.

For what projects/services did your company hire Jellyfish?

We hired Jellyfish to assist in the development effort of OneViewPPM. The OneViewPPM application has grown too large and complex for a single developer. With growing demands for functionality and reliability, Level35 needed a solid, reliable, and knowledgeable development partner.

OneViewPPM is an Enterprise Project and Portfolio Management platform that uses the latest technology and standards to facilitate data entry and production of standardized project reporting. Jellyfish supplies additional programming capacity, experience and expert advice. The platform is being continually developed and matured.

We found them through Upwork. We had been giving out small discrete contracts for some time to deal with various parts of the system. After 12 months of small contracts, we found reliability, expertise, integrity, and professionalism in a Jellyfish employee. We then began using the Jellyfish team on a full-time, multiple resource basis.

Over the years managers of most enterprises have worked with a host of inefficient, cumbersome, costly, and restrictive PPM tools. When combined with poor practice and a lack of governance, many organizations find themselves facing repeated project failures, poor results, and cost/time overruns. Level35 aims to provide a solution for these problems by providing experienced Program and Project Managers.

We still have hundreds of enhancement ideas for OneViewPPM. OneViewPPM helps to drive projects and programs, reduce PM/PMO administration and enhance the visibility of change activities across the enterprise. The focus on data re-use and quality assists with the development of best practice organizational change, efficient project reporting, and governance. We helped to design OneViewPPM to be a product the user can quickly trial with minimal configuration, risk, and cost. OneView PPM saves the project community time, reduces administration effort and allows them to manage, not react.

The project team from Jellyfish consists of three full-time developers, a part-time tester and quality assurance resource, a technical writer and a part-time project manager that is our single point of contact for questions, work allocation and general coordination of the Jellyfish team.

The Jellyfish team was a great find, they have been brilliant in turning our concepts into reality. We visually design the concepts in wireframes and the team is always able to turn that into code and deliver. This has helped to broaden our thinking and designs to areas we didn’t think possible. We consider Jellyfish to be part of our virtual team, and enjoy working with the Jellyfish assigned PM who is diligent and pragmatic. We look forward to a long and productive relationship with them.

Some of the 'not so sexy work' has been a major refactoring of code and system architecture that allows OneViewPPM to scale from 100s of projects and users to 1000s. This has been successfully undertaken and not impacted existing system users in part due to Jellyfish's work.

How effective was the project management?

The project management has been exceptional. It's diligent and responsive. They're great with follow up and management of activities. They are also not scared of sharing ideas or challenging my ideas and concepts on occasion, which is something I appreciate because it gives me cause to rethink my strategy and generally results in better outcomes.

The management is also oriented towards reducing the language barrier, and this works extremely well. On the flip side, I need to be clear and concise with objectives and work detail to reduce the risks of misunderstandings. This, in turn, has helped me to work through problems and make better system improvements as I work through how I clearly articulate particular complex problems.

Integrity is a major thing for us, leading up to finding Jellyfish we found that integrity in our outsourced contracts was a real problem. We don't have any of those problems with Jellyfish, they are upfront and honest with us about what hours are worked, when resources are on leave, and so forth. We have a respectful and professional relationship with them. In our 18 month relationship, we've never had to difficult conversations about their performance. If I think an area can be improved, I mention it to the manager and improvements happen. The relationship is working very well and we intend to continue using Jellyfish for years to come.

What tips or recommendations do you have?

We are very happy with the Jellyfish relationship overall, being able to articulate ideas and concepts over the internet can be challenging. I recommend that people spend the extra time to make visual representations with markup, and write use cases to give the developers the best information possible. Make use of video capture software to show where bugs exist and how to recreate them. Bugs are often the result of several steps or different work practices and providing a direct view or instruction will speed up the resolution turnaround time. A major component of our success has been having a senior programmer and project manager in-house. Development branch merging, final testing, overall application architecture, UAT,  and production releases happen on the Level35 side. This keeps accountability, quality, and control as our responsibility.

Overall Score Our relations with Jellyfish will continue for years to come.
    The team works hard to meet deadlines, and work weekends when required. They almost always meet deadlines, and communicate when they can not.
    They give great rates, for expert results.
    They always provide great quality of work and they have very knowledgeable resources who take pride in their work.
    I have often referred Jellyfish to others, or spoken highly of their expertise and work ethic.

Web App Development for PPC Firm

"They’re responsive and really seem to know what they’re doing."

Nov. 2016 - Ongoing

Jellyfish currently develops a custom-built web application to add value to SEO/SEM services, providing expert feedback on wireframes and meeting detailed specifications.

Founder, PPC Firm

Through Jellyfish’s technical skills, the partially completed tool has already achieved impressive reliability with robust coding. The team’s transparent organization and adherence to the delivery timeline continue to promote efficiency and facilitate trust.

I’m the founder of a PPC firm. I do SEO [search engine optimization], SEM [search engine marketing], website design, and analytics.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jellyfish?

We were making a custom web-based application.

We let them know what we needed and provided them with wireframes, details, and a storyboard for the tool. They reviewed the wireframe and details and gave us feedback. Once everything was decided, they started working on the tool. The communication has been awesome. They’re responsive and really seem to know what they’re doing.

I can’t discuss the specific features of the tool. It’s custom-built from scratch, and it’s not on any platform, but I’m not sure what code Jellyfish used. I’ve been dealing Roman [CTO, Jellyfish], and he’s pretty quick and responsive. I don’t know how many resources they’ve assigned to this project.

How did you come to work with Jellyfish?

We found them on Upwork, where they had a lot of good reviews. I usually just try an agency, and if they don’t work out, I look for someone else. I didn’t look at many other companies. I guess I was just lucky to find Jellyfish first.

How much have you invested with Jellyfish?

We’ve invested over $10,000 with them.

We started working with them in November of 2016, and the work is ongoing. I don’t think it’s going to stop since we build a lot of tools.

Jellyfish is still working on a bunch of stuff, so the work is not completed yet. There’s no client who reviews the work done by Jellyfish; we make web-based applications that add value to different types of service providers, products, and platforms. The solution that they developed is based on our specs, so it is very reliable. They deliver things on time and within budget.

How did Jellyfish perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re pretty organized. We put a lot of tasks together for them, and they organize those tasks and give us a timeline estimating how long each will take. If the timeline is not met, they always let us know. Everything is transparent, so the collaboration is pretty good. We communicate mainly by Skype and email, and sometimes we use Trello.

What did you find most impressive about Jellyfish?

They’re honest and straightforward, and they usually hit the timeline. I just like their honesty; if something is not going to work out or they have a better solution, they always let us know ahead of time.

Are there any areas Jellyfish could improve?

I can’t think of anything.

Overall Score I’d give them a 7 out of 5.
    They always hit the timelines. Sometimes you get bugs and weird stuff that comes with the development, but they always let us know in advance. Everything is clear and straightforward. We’re not worried about them dropping a task.
    They’re affordable for this type of work. They’re transparent and honest.
    They deliver pretty high quality. Every time we get something, it’s always tested from their side, but we retest it to make sure it works, which it does 95% of the time.
    I really appreciate their work.

Web Application Development for Telecommunications Company

"I appreciated the fact that they conveyed constructive criticisms and ideas on how to solve problems."

Sept. 2016 - Apr. 2017

Jellyfish developed a Django web application to optimize a product configuration system. The app essentially facilitates adding and configuring data for mobile networks.

Stockholm, Sweden
Senior Business Analyst, Telecom Equipment Company

Jellyfish delivered a strong, functional app. They employed an efficient sprint methodology to deliver project elements on a weekly basis. The team contributed valuable insight into the best solution to each challenge. The final solution was delivered on time and on budget.

I’m a senior business analyst in a company that develops equipment for the telecom industry. I’m like an internal consultant for projects.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jellyfish?

We had issues with our old system, so we wanted help in building a web application that would help us to make a better configuration system for our products. We didn’t have the time or the resources to do it internally.

It’s a Django web server app that provides the possibility to add and configure reference data for mobile networks. It’s like configuring your router at home, but for a system. They provided all the help. We used a Scrum board for the work. For the payment, we had another system. For the code, we had GitHub. They helped me set this all up because I’m new to this. I was working only with one person.

How did you come to work with Jellyfish?

I was looking for an offshore company, but I had no previous experience in offshore development. I found them on Upwork. I searched for full-stack web developers who had competence with Python.

How much have you invested with Jellyfish?

It’s been less than $1,000.

It was September or October 2016 that we started working with them. They completed everything a month ago.

I can give you my own feedback, and it’s that they did a good job. The app is good and runs smoothly. It was not a complicated web GUI, but the logic behind it was very complex. I appreciated the effort that they gave in that sense. If we were to do the app on our own, it would be a lot of dollars. It was a lot cheaper with Jellyfish than doing it here.

How did Jellyfish perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed very well. We used a Scrum board; for me, that was new in the beginning, but they taught me. I paid along as I got functionality. We had weekly drops of software, and then I tested and paid. It was a good setup. They were good with communication. We mostly had Skype chats for conversations. They were good in delivering things on time and within the budget, so there’s nothing to complain about.

What did you find most impressive about Jellyfish?

I appreciated the fact that they conveyed constructive criticisms and ideas on how to solve problems in another way than I anticipated.

Are there any areas Jellyfish could improve?

No. I had a really small project. It could be better with the timeline, but I didn’t pay so much.

That was very good.

Web and Mobile Development for IT Services Provider

"Their communication is top-notch, they provide good services, and they have the proper skills."

2013 - 2016

Jellyfish occasionally augmented an internal IT development team to handle overflow of projects. They were often client-facing and worked with PHP, Angular, server-related tasks for AWS, and created web apps.

Brasov, Romania
George Cretu
Co-Founder, WebEffects Inc.

Jellyfish is a talented technical team, with the project management skills to back them up. They’re easy to get in contact with, and they consistently deliver on time and within budget. They have some room for improvement in their testing, but overall are a quality team with reliable deliverables.

We do IT development for mobile and web applications, and I’m the co-founder of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jellyfish?

We had a couple projects on which we needed help. We didn’t have enough staff back then, and the guys from Jellyfish helped us with the projects.

They worked on two projects. They worked with PHP and Angular, and some server-related tasks for Amazon Web Service. They created web applications. We worked with two guys from Jellyfish. At times, they were working with our existing development team, and other times they were on their own on the project.

On one of the websites, they worked directly with my client. I wasn’t involved in that project very much. The other one is a social media app for sports. It has an awesome feature that records the last seven seconds of an action, something that happens on the field. It was pretty complex, and they managed to help with the backend part.

How did you come to work with Jellyfish?

My partner found them, but I don’t know how. I think it was online. In the past few years, we’ve looked at a lot of outsourcing companies, and Jellyfish seemed quite all right. They were very reliable and on-the-spot. The price is not the lowest, but it’s a very good price.

How much have you invested with Jellyfish?

We’ve invested $50,000-100,000 so far.

We first started working with them in 2013, but I don’t remember the month. We still have them in our database for future projects, but we don’t need their help at the moment. The most recent project was completed in September or October of last year (2016).

I don’t have any data, as the clients are startups and they’re still looking for funding to properly launch their projects. The feedback was very good. The communication was good. The work they did was as expected, so everything was nice and sweet. There were times when some bugs were missed, but most of the time it was pretty good. We’re all human, so it’s okay. I’m satisfied with what they offered when we worked together.

How did Jellyfish perform from a project management standpoint?

That’s one of the key features they have. Their lead is very easy to contact, and he’s always available when you have a problem. The work was delivered on time and within budget most of the time. We used Skype to communicate previously, and we recently started using Slack. For project management, we mostly use Asana and JIRA.

What did you find most impressive about Jellyfish?

I think it’s the communication and the technical background.

Are there any areas Jellyfish could improve?

Maybe some improvement around testing. They’re doing quite a good job, but there are some glitches here and there. There’s always room for improvement.

Overall Score It’s a very nice experience to work with these guys. Their communication is top-notch, they provide good services, and they have the proper skills.
    With any project, there are always small delays. It cannot be perfect.
    It’s hard to give them a 5, but 4 is very good.
    I would be more than happy to recommend them to someone. I also want to work with them again.