Agile Java Development

JazzTeam has a proven track record of delivering high-quality software solutions over the last 8 years.
We are constantly evolving our capabilities to help software technology companies to do more with less: develop software solutions faster and ensure high quality within time constraints, with fewer resources, and lower costs.

• Java, web development: J2SE, J2EE, JavaScript/CSS/HTML/React/Angular, SOA, OSGI solutions, creating plug-in paradigm based projects. Databases: SQL/NoSQL, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB. Automation testing/deployment: WebDriver, Selenium, JUnit/TestNG, XML2Selenium (proprietary solution)
  • Continuous Integration and deployment automation
  • R&D (research and development)
  • Distributed systems: cloud development, clustered/scaled projects
  • Agile/Scrum methodologies

We are proud of the words of appreciation we have earned from our many clients for our work!

Minsk, Belarus

Infoview systems, Cost Engineering, Ezwim, Nexign, Plance, I.P.Telecom, Infopulse GmbH, GP Software.Travel.

Custom Software Dev for Translation Company

"They keep their promises, so we've been able to develop a strong dialog with them."

Aug. 2018 - Ongoing

JazzTeam assisted a localization and translation company in constructing order placement and internal management software. They were responsible for both the front- and backend development.

Belarus
Aliaksandr Murauski
CEO, Alconost Inc

The team played a major role in laying the technical foundation necessary for their partner to grow its business, supporting a 76% growth following their first year working together. Doubling revenue year over year, the internal staff was impressed with their agility and communication skills.

I’m the CEO of Alconost, Inc. We’re incorporated in Virginia, and we provide localization services to gaming companies. We translate websites, games, apps, and other software to 70 languages. We’re also featured on Clutch.

What challenge were you trying to address with JazzTeam?

We’ve worked on three projects with them, the first one being Nitro, our online translation service. The system was originally written in Java about 12 years ago. It had gotten really old, and we came to the decision to rewrite it from scratch one and a half years ago.

We’ve developed our software with JazzTeam. Using our online service, a customer can order the translation of text in 70 languages, by professional human translators.

Another project is our internal management software for localization projects. We had some custom software in place, but the company grew by 60%–70% last year, and we got an increased number of projects coming. The old system wasn’t able to keep our process organized, so we decided to develop a custom system for translation project management with JazzTeam.

The technologies used are React.js for the frontend, along with Java and Kotlin for the backend.

We have three developers from their side for the online translation service. I’m heavily involved in the development, working with project and product managers. We also have standup meetings with the developers.

Our teams have two daily calls for 15–30 minutes, regarding our two projects, with their frontend developers, one backend developer, and usually a project manager. They give us four people for each project. We've recently requested a QA specialist.

How did you come to work with JazzTeam?

I participated in a March conference in Minsk, Belarus, regarding startup technology. There were 2,000 people there, participating in different projects, and JazzTeam had a booth next to ours. They approached me and advertised that they provide custom software development services.

We were working with our own in-house programmers then, and it wasn’t enough. I decided to give JazzTeam a try three months after the conference. We worked with two of their developers. I didn’t expect we’d work with them for a long time, but I liked them very much. They became more and more involved over time.

The cost so far is above $150,000. We’re paying them $10,000–$12,000 per month.

We started our first project with JazzTeam in August 2018. It’s ongoing, and we need even more programmers from them.

Our company grew by 76% last year. While this can't all be attributed to their work, we know we couldn't have achieved this without their help. At that time, we could barely handle the number of clients coming in. This year, our company grew 36% in revenue. That is a result of our internal translation management system that they developed for us. They built a system that helps us in our everyday work.

Regarding Nitro, the system for fast human translation, we’ve doubled revenue year over year. JazzTeam is heavily involved in our technical foundation and was very helpful in helping us achieve success.

How did JazzTeam perform from a project management standpoint?

We have meetings with the developers every day for 15–30 minutes. Each meeting is conducted with a project manager as well. All the communication goes smoothly. We have Slack channels to communicate directly with the developers, and we also use Skype. They’re an agile and responsive team, adhering to our deadlines.

They handle their work professionally, and we communicate rapidly back and forth. Our company works and releases products quickly, so the speed of communication and agility are important.

They’re both very fast and disciplined. With other vendors, we've seen motivation issues with their standalone programmers, but that’s not the case with JazzTeam. We've had weekly calls with them for over a year, and they've never missed it. They keep their promises, so we've been able to develop a strong dialog with them.

They ask me for feedback on their work regularly. When they do, I always tell them to keep up the good work. I wish them good luck, and I’m very satisfied with the team. I don’t know what could be better.

Clients should speak with them openly. I advise other companies looking to work with JazzTeam to communicate with them daily so that the development process becomes smooth and quick. They’re very responsive and communicative, so just talk to them and you'll see results.

Overall Score I’m very positive about JazzTeam.
    They’re flexible, even working on weekends and holidays to meet deadlines.
    Their prices are very attractive.
    They deliver great things.
    I always recommend them to my close colleagues.

Testing Automation for Computer Software Firm

"I've worked with other suppliers and found JazzTeam the easiest to work with and manage."

Oct. 2013 - Ongoing

JazzTeam writes test automation scripts in support of an existing quality assurance process. Assigned engineers also perform manual testing and report relevant findings.

San Jose, California
Alex Alexandrov
QA Manager, JOINGO

Careful attention to detail is evident in all project deliverables and key milestones are rarely missed without merit. While their verbal English was sufficient, it's written form could use improvement across the majority of the team.

Joingo is a telecommunications company developing applications for mobile devices. I am the quality assurance manager of the company, in charge of testing automation processes for our developed solution. I have been working in Silicon Valley since the mid-90s when the internet era started, in companies like Netscape, Yahoo!, AOL and other major vendors.

What challenge were you trying to address with JazzTeam?

I have created my own test script, which was successful within the company, but continuing to develop it would be a full-time job. I couldn't continue to handle QA management in parallel with writing test automation scripts, so we agreed to outsource the project to a supplier. We then began the processes of identifying and vetting companies that might be able to take over writing the scripts.

JazzTeam has provided manual and automated testing for our company.

I currently use 3 people from JazzTeam's group, including a full-time test automation specialist and 2 manual testers working on our console application and content testing for mobile devices. They're working together on one big project.

All bug fixing is done on our side, in Silicon Valley. JazzTeam has no direct access to our product code, as part of our strict policy.

How did you come to work with JazzTeam?

Since I lived in Belarus for more than 10 years, I've made many connections with companies there. I knew that there are some unique government requirements in that area, like only being allowed to attribute the term "software engineer" to people who have Masters of Science degrees in the field. It's also a very stable country from a business standpoint. I suggested using a team from that area, provided a couple of options, and ultimately selected JazzTeam. We gave them a trial, working on a proof-of-concept over a month's period. JazzTeam was successful, integrating into a highly professional environment, using Jenkins, Asana, and so on. Our lead engineers reviewed the work and were very happy.

I've worked with JazzTeam for 3 years at a previous company, and 2 years and 1 month for the current one.

There have been many positive changes that resulted from JazzTeam's work. Releases are done on a weekly basis, but builds are done daily. Our process has become much different due to the time difference with JazzTeam: they are constantly working during our nighttime. In the morning, we can review the bugs discovered and start working on them. The biggest advantage has been the dramatic increase in efficiency.

We have annual reports for our vice president. Overall, JazzTeam has reported around 500 bugs, covering 1,200 test cases for our products. 70% of our products' functionalities are tested with every build. JazzTeam has created continuous integration, something which our company never had, issuing automated tests with every new build. Each test is run for around 200 hours. If any critical failure is discovered by the script, the build is rejected. We are given detailed reports featuring screenshots, which are done automatically. The whole process is very well-organized and documented.

How did JazzTeam perform from a project management standpoint?

JazzTeam has worked efficiently on all the tasks provided to them. If I see a need for utilizing additional resources in order to accomplish a task, JazzTeam will provide it without any delays. I'm a very picky manager, but I've been happy with the quality of resources from JazzTeam.

Each task is assigned a number of hours. Technical communication is done through Skype. We have a 30-minute scrum meeting with JazzTeam every night, reviewing a status report, providing current tasks and any training needed. We use email for formal communication like invoicing.

What did you find most impressive about JazzTeam?

I've worked with other suppliers and found JazzTeam the easiest to work with and manage. They've acted as a sort of black box: I can simply tell them what to do and be given the right resources for the task. This was highly appreciated by our management.

Are there any areas JazzTeam could improve?

We sometimes had issues with the quality of the English writing in our bug reports. Since it isn't JazzTeam's native language, some passages weren't as easy to understand. Aside from this, there isn't anything.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with JazzTeam?

Clients should define their goals clearly in order to avoid misunderstandings on JazzTeam's side. They should also verify that all instructions have been understood correctly.

Overall Score There's always room for improvement in any relationship.
    There were no delays.
    JazzTeam has been very flexible in terms of cost, given that I'd known them previously. We couldn't find any other company in Belarus with the same price.
    I almost never give perfect scores. There's always room for improvement.
    I've worked with other groups that presented some issues, but this was never the case with JazzTeam.

Custom Integrations for Boutique Tech Firm

"[They] fulfilled all requirements and were spot-on in terms of deliverables."

Aug. 2015 - Ongoing

JazzTeam's engineers help the internal dev team perform a wide range of custom MuleSoft integrations. This engagement remains ongoing and also includes manual testing.

Detroit, Michigan
Dmitriy Kuznetsov
VP, Cloud Solutions, Infoview Systems

Highlights include responsiveness and flexibility when it comes to project management. English skills were an area for possible improvement.

We are a professional integration solutions provider focusing on backend ERP systems, primarily the AS/400 IBM i series. We have a strong development team for this platform. It's an older platform but it's still popular within the insurance, manufacturing, and retail industries. We are a MuleSoft partner, which is a provider of integration platforms and solutions. I am the vice president of integration and cloud solutions.

What challenge were you trying to address with JazzTeam?

We were working on a MuleSoft connector for AS/400 and completed the development in-house. One of the steps required bringing the solution to a standard that MuleSoft could certify. This is a very rigorous process for ensuring code quality, so we were looking to outsource the work.

JazzTeam completed the work on our MuleSoft connector and we've since worked on numerous projects. We have used JazzTeam for building custom integrations based on the MuleSoft platform. JazzTeam has mainly provided development and testing. We have worked with 2 JazzTeam developers.

How did you come to work with JazzTeam?

My business partner got an email from a marketing company working with JazzTeam. He decided to respond, which is rare but still happens. We had a quick exploratory call and found that there was a good vibe. During my conversations with JazzTeam, there seemed to be a good synergy between our companies. We decided to give them a small internal project, before using JazzTeam for our customers.

How much have you invested with JazzTeam?

We paid $20,000 for the connector project. We have another ongoing project with JazzTeam which will have a much higher budget, close to $40,000.

We started working with JazzTeam in August 2015, and have ongoing projects.

The connector was certified by MuleSoft and was published in their repository. JazzTeam fulfilled all requirements and was spot-on in terms of deliverables. I've liked their team and responsive management. JazzTeam addressed all of our questions and concerns surrounding possible risks.

How did JazzTeam perform from a project management standpoint?

JazzTeam stuck to our timeline. We used Asana for tracking tasks and progress and Excel files for time tracking. That was enough for us since we were only using 1 developer at the time. Now that the scope has been ramped-up, we are using Jira for project management.

What did you find most impressive about JazzTeam?

JazzTeam got the job done. This may not be unique, but working with them gave me a good feeling.

Are there any areas JazzTeam could improve?

My first language is Russian and the same is true for JazzTeam's staff. Some of their people speak English better than others, but we've been lucky in this regard, so far. There were a few communication issues, but they never affected our projects.