Fueled by a love of people and language

Jason Safir is an interactive new media artist, whose work has been featured on diverse platforms such as the web, television, and cinema. For over a decade he has been developing user interfaces for websites and physical computing platforms, videos and visual designs for major brands that have attracted a wide audiences from around the world including MTV, TRIBE media, College Media Network and established filmmakers and television producers.

His interactive design has helped achieve critical exposure on television, online and print news publications, and acclaim in national and international festivals.

Freelancer
    New York, NY 10019
    646.373.4839

MTV, Nickelodeon, Reckitt Benckiser, TRIBE Media Corporation, Sid Lee, NYU

Film Production Studio Web Design and Development

"I strongly recommend Safir Interactive."

Jason Safir Interactive designs multiple websites for a small film company. Most of the work is in design and development, but he has done some logo and graphic design work as well.

Los Angeles Metro Area
Director, Small Film Production Studio

The site is robust and has received a lot of positive feedback, improving the company’s exposure. Jason Safir is trustworthy and loyal. He shows attention to all work and goes above and beyond to meet project goals. The studio has many great assets that allow for flexible design strategies.

Please describe your company.

In the context of the project with Safir Interactive, we were a small production company doing a short film for the Bravo cable network.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I was one of the directors of the film.

What was your goal for working with Jason Safir Interactive?

We chose Safir Interactive as our Web designer. In a very short time, he [Jason Safir] was able to put together a robust site for us. To this day, the site has been commented on as a great site. He was very attentive to our needs, worked very quickly, and any time there was a change that was required, he was immediately available for it. That was highly appreciated.

He is extraordinarily trustworthy and loyal. I have worked with numerous designers, artisans, and technicians. Jason works with an incredible conscience, and wants to do good work to a level that I don’t think I’ve ever seen before. He is dedicated and passionate. He has followed our work for a while and enjoys our work, so he is very dedicated. It was a combination of dedication and someone we knew would be able to go the extra mile for us and be able to create something very good for us quickly. This was a better situation than working with a Web designer that we haven’t met before, and that we would have to go through a whole other process with someone who was probably overly expensive as well. He met all the criteria that we needed for that project.

Most of the work has been Web design and development. Knowing Jason’s general skill set, I’ve also asked him to do some logo and design work. He’s the first to tell me if something is not his area of specialty. He also did the graphic design branding for another company I created. He did that very quickly, just off the cuff because he is that dedicated. He did a very good job with it. He is a capable graphic designer as well, but that is not what he’s pushing or what he’s the proudest of. Safir Interactive also does Web video production as well as other multimedia production.

When we got the word that the film was accepted at Sundance or Berlin, we wanted to publicize that, and he was ready to put that up immediately. He exceeded our expectations in that we didn’t give him that much guidance about how to do it. He created exactly the kind of site we wanted.

What was your process for selecting Jason Safir Interactive with which to work?

I have known Jason Safir for a very long time, and he has done a variety of projects for me.

Can you provide a ballpark figure for the size of the work that they’ve done for you?

Each project has taken between 30 to 100 hours.

When was the last project completed with them?

This project was completed in 2011, but I have him working on three sites for me right now.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

As a result of the page, Safir Interactive got more business. As a result of Jason’s design work and publicity, the film played at more than 70 festivals internationally, and we won more than 25 awards with it. To a certain extent, Jason’s work played some role in that. Anecdotally, I could say he got more work out of it, and people across the board said they liked the site very much.

Is there anything unique about Jason Safir Interactive that really makes them stand out, compared to other companies?

There are a few very strong points about Jason Safir Interactive. One is client dedication and loyalty. Some people very much want the business and are in it strictly for the business. On the other hand, Jason is passionate about projects. He is clearly doing it as a business, but he brings his passion to the table and it shows. It translates into a lot of hours and a lot of freebies, which is very valuable when you are a small business. You don’t want to work with a designer that is going to charge you an hourly rate, plus additional hourly charges every time you ask for a little change or tweak. Jason is very accommodating in that regard, and he is driven by his passion.

Also, Jason has a very good skill set overall as well as a lot of good assets. Above and beyond being a Web designer, he has a multimedia studio at his facility. He is able to shoot things, navigate a lot of different special effects as well as a lot of different software suites that are tied to media production. That can come in handy when it comes to Web design as well, especially as the Web becomes more video centric. The fact that I can get that all through Jason is very valuable to me.

Except that I don’t want to lose his time on our projects. I strongly recommend Safir Interactive.

Film Series Project Web Design and Development

"The quality of the work that he did was outstanding as was the attention to detail."

Jason Safir Interactive created a website to promote a web video series, including design, development, and implementation. He was subsequently hired for another project after completion.

Freelancer

Los Angeles Metro Area
Actor and Film Writer

The final website was very attractive, with a very professional and high-budget look, and increased project growth by over 1000%. Jason Safir was easy to communicate with and meticulous during the project. He was design oriented and has outstanding expertise.

Please describe your company, and your role and responsibilities.

I created a Web series that was creating good traction on the Internet. I was looking for a top Web designer who could create a great website to promote the project. The website would showcase the project as more of a film, rather than a Web series. He did a fantastic job on the site and created something beautiful that received a tremendous amount of attention. We partnered together on another Web series that he created another website for that also looked beautiful.

What was your goal for working with Jason Safir Interactive?

I wanted it to have a quality that looked like it could be released in the theaters, with a very filmic look: Very professional, well designed, and well thought out. It would have the appearance of a superhero movie. That was the goal, and he executed it perfectly. I left some design ideas open to him, and he exceeded my expectations.

He did the design, development, and implementation of the website, but no training or support.

What was your process for selecting Jason Safir Interactive to work with?

I found Jason Safir through a friend who had highly recommended him.

The first project took approximately four to five days. The second project took several weeks because we collaborated on the Web series together. He also built the website. The second project was completed in early March of 2014.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

The results are very positive. People have been very attracted to the website, and they like the work very much. They feel the website has a very professional, high-budget look and feel. I was looking for a high productive value, which he made through the website. The project looked like it cost a lot more than it actually did, which was good because it helped us garner attention on the Internet that we were hoping to grab. The growth has been exponential. It's been more than 1,000 percent growth since we launched the site.

How did Jason Safir Interactive perform overall?

Jason's performance was excellent. He did very well and exceeded my expectations. He's easy to communicate with. He is very specific and meticulous in his work. He is extremely design oriented, and he cared about the experience from the user's point of view. When designing, he always kept the user in mind, which is very important to me.

The quality of the work that he did was outstanding as was the attention to detail. He was able to commit a tremendous amount of time to get it done in a very prompt manner while still making it an exceptional piece of work.

No. It was outstanding.

New York Center for Juvenile Justice Web Design

"[Jason Safir] truly thinks about the best website design that would make you look good for the long term."

Jason Safir Interactive designed a brand new website for a non-profit juvenile justice organization, including design and development.

New York City Metro Area
Deputy Director, New York Center for Juvenile Justice

The resulting website was elegant, beautiful and received a lot of positive feedback from funders and stakeholders. Jason Safir is very talented in design and has the capacity understand his clients and their needs.

Please describe your company and your role and responsibilities.

I work for the New York Center for Juvenile Justice. It is an advocacy organization to change the laws that require trying children as adults in New York State. It also provides direct services for children in the judicial trainings. It is a not-for-profit organization. I am the deputy director.

What was your goal for working with Jason Safir Interactive?

The organization was founded around 2010. When we worked together, we had an important project, which was to build our brand new website.

They provided Web design and development.

What was your process for selecting Jason Safir Interactive and his company to work with?

I knew of his work before, and I showed it to people I was working with here, and they were very excited about it and his prior design experiences. We looked at his online portfolio. It was a plus that I knew him and reached out to him, but I was able to show his portfolio to the people here. There was a lot of excitement.

It was a significant project in terms of time because the design process had to be selected carefully. The executive director of our organization has a significant reputation. He was a judge. The site had to look beautiful and elegant. It took some time for him to speak with us about it and understand the process of what we planned to do, as well as to come up with a design that worked well.

I don’t remember exactly how long it took, but the result was elegant and beautiful. The organization was proud to show it to supporters.

When was the project completed?

The website project was completed by the end of 2010.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

Once the website was launched, it was viewed by a lot of stakeholders in the justice system, and it was used by funders and practitioners in the field. We received a lot of positive responses about the website. People extolled the visual design and function of the site. Qualitatively, it enhanced our position and the organization's mission.

How did Jason Safir and his team perform overall?

Jason and his team performed perfectly; it was terrific. It was a clean design, and it was very well received. I highly recommend his work.

Jason is very creative. He definitely has the capacity to bring a cutting-edge project forward, which you can see in his portfolio. For me, his unique attribute is his capacity to understand who the client is and how the client wants to be presented to the public. He is not someone to put together a boilerplate website. He truly thinks about the best website design that would make you look good for the long term.

No. It was great.