We are a Brand and Digital Marketing Agency

Your success is hinged upon how you communicate your brand to the people you wish to affect the most. Without a pointed sense of purpose and aesthetic, your brand can fall out of step with who you are as a business. It’s a disconnect that can be costly to your bottom line. We work with you to reveal the story of why you do what you do and bring it to life. We find what’s compelling and ensure it resonates across all platforms and marketing initiatives.

From brand strategy, through design and development, our team of experts create engagement for your brand in a novel way that drives profitability.

2000
San Diego, CA
  • Jacob Tyler
    6863 Friars Road
    San Diego, CA 92108

AT&T, Novartis, Discovery Channel, SONY, TED, Nuvasive, Terranea Resort, Hilton, Four Seasons, Ken Blanchard, American Cancer Society, YMCA, California Coast Credit Union, Miramar Federal Credit Union, Blink Energy Water, iTan Spa & Salon, SD Italian Film Festival, National Institutes of Health, Health.gov, San Diego Airport, Qualcomm, Wings-n-Things, Platt College, Point Loma Nazarine University, Hilton, iTan, Omnitracs, Rubios Coastal Grill, SD Chargers, Hensel Phelps

3D Animation Video Reel

This video reel showcases our 3D animation capabilities.

Jacob Tyler is the Agency of Record for Princeton Identity, a leader in biometric trechnology. This video was developed for the product release of Access 200. Jacob Tyler has developed the brand story and all trade show and marketing collateral for Princeton Identity, as well as the tagline, Technology that Powers Freedom.

Hensel Phelps

Jacob Tyler completed the full rebrand and Web design for Hensel Phelps. Visit http://www.henselphelps.com

Carnosyn (Choose Carnosyn Campaign)

Visit http://choose.carnosyn.com/to view the full landing page campaign. The video was viewed over one million times in 43 days. Over 30% viewed more than 30 seconds according to TruView analytics.

Visit http://loading.carnosyn.com/ for the full landing page campaign.

YMCA

visit http://www.ymca.org

Marketing for Electrical Products Distribution Company

“They’re basically a part of our company’s ecosystem now.”

Mar. 2018 - Ongoing

Jacob Tyler brainstormed, strategized, and executed a marketing plan. They redesigned a logo, developed a tagline, and built a website. Their ongoing efforts include SEO services and running an email campaign.

Dominic Carnevale
Vice President, Dynamik, Inc

Jacob Tyler initiated a detail-oriented process to understand a complex industry. Their team of creative professionals constructed an innovative marketing campaign that entices valuable clients. The website now receives more traffic than ever before. They’re reliable, experienced, and charming.

I’m the vice president of Dynamik, Inc. We’re a wholesale distributor of industrial electrical products. Some of the many products we supply include solar photovoltaic system equipment, electric vehicle charging stations, and automation controls.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jacob Tyler?

We needed a marketing firm knowledgeable of the best practices for our industry to develop and execute an extensive marketing plan.

We held two discovery meetings with Jacob Tyler where they analyzed the relevant aspects of our brand. They later performed a thorough presentation on our company and walked us through their recommendations for the marketing plan. They made this process fun, engaging, and facilitated an environment that let our team participate in the creative portions of the project. Their recommendations included website design, a reimagining of our branding materials, and an internet marketing strategy. Once they laid out our options, we scheduled another discovery meeting to discuss the project’s proper scope.

Jacob Tyler delivered a brand positioning storyline and messaging guidelines to identify how Dynamik will present itself. These products were integrated with our company’s core values. Next, they designed a new logo and tagline for marketing purposes. Then, they redesigned our website and coded new elements for it. This process included implementing the on-site SEO by building backlinks into the site’s infrastructure.

We’re currently working with Jacob Tyler to put together the landing pages for our email marketing campaign and they’re managing a launch video we plan to release. Additionally, they’ve established our email marketing and Ad Words campaigns. We’re also bringing them in to oversee our PR projects. Finally, they’re running our social media accounts on an ongoing basis.

I primarily work with Les (CEO, Jacob Tyler), but he’s got a decently sized team. I’m not sure how many people work on our account.

How did you come to work with Jacob Tyler?

We spoke with three other companies but valued Jacob Tyler’s experience with a few of our clients. However, the real deciding factor was the energy they brought to the table. They were extremely excited about the project that’s what separated them from the other candidates.

We’ve spent around $150,000 thus far.

We started with them in March 2018 and the engagement is ongoing.

The number of hits our website receives has increased exponentially. We were getting close to zero traffic before, but now the site’s attracting unique visitors like crazy. Jacob Tyler’s work has allowed us to contact multiple clients that we haven’t been able to reach in the past. Clients are few and far between in our industry, so engaging with as little as three new contacts is considered a significant success.

How did Jacob Tyler perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re professional, entertaining, and fantastic at managing numerous projects at once. They’re basically a part of our company’s ecosystem now. If we needed to hire an internal marketing resource, we’d want to hire someone that could mirror Jacob Tyler’s approach.

Their creativity is infectious. Our team isn’t that creative, but Jacob Tyler brought it out of us and led some awesome brainstorming sessions. It was a fun process to participate in and it changed how our office operates. Their deliverables made our brand pop in ways we didn’t expect.

They aren’t experts on everything, so they subcontracted our social media and PR efforts. However, those firms have been wonderful as well, so I can’t complain. They do their job and bring the right people to the project.

Overall Score Nobody’s perfect, but they do an excellent job.
    They took some time to get their ideas organized.
    We paid more than we wanted, but we liked what we got.
    They regularly exceed our expectations.
    We recommend them often.

Web Redesign & Marketing for Skincare Company

"I’m confident we'll soon be able to see the growth that the new website is bringing the company."

Oct. 2016 - Sept. 2018

Jacob Tyler helped redesign a website, with the primary new features being online shopping capability and responsiveness. They also provide marketing and digital photography services.

Denver, Colorado
George Gallegos
Client Care Specialist, Circadia

Still in development, the new site has received positive feedback from key stakeholders. Direct contact with, and work by, Jacob Tyler executives not only expedited completion and enhanced the project creatively, but also demonstrated a vested interest in long-term outcomes and customer needs.

I'm a client care specialist for Circadia by Dr. Pugliese. As a physician-formulated skincare company, we manufacture and retail products at wholesale cost to licensed estheticians, nurses, and doctors. I do a lot of the marketing projects for the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jacob Tyler?

I originally approached them to redesign our website. In particular, we needed to make the site mobile-friendly.

My initial conversations were with Les (CEO, Jacob Tyler). He explained what their company does and how they could help us with our website. Then he introduced us to his hand-picked team, based on our project and their expertise. We started with discovery calls, which evolved into mapping out the project. Then they started to actually work in the design. In addition to being responsive, the new site will allow for online ordering. The new site is scheduled to launch at the end of this month. We’re in the last stages of the project, combing through everything to make sure it’s going to work properly.

We’ve also expanded the scope of the partnership beyond the website. We're also using them for broader marketing purposes. They’re taking pictures of our products, giving us feedback on designs, and consulting on different ways that we can grow the brand.

I work with several members of their team. My main point person is the project manager.

How did you come to work with Jacob Tyler?

I first met the Jacob Tyler team a couple of years ago at a conference. We were presenting our skincare line to estheticians, and they were presenting on the growth of the industry. We’d been working with a web developer for 10 years since the launch of our original website. However, it was clear that Les had a different way of looking at digital trends. We decided to use them because of their knowledge and expertise in marketing.

We’ve spent close to $50,000 so far.

I believe we first started talking in October 2016, and the engagement is ongoing.

While we don’t have any analytics yet, I’m confident we'll soon be able to see the growth that the new website is bringing the company. I've presented the new design and layout to our entire team and it’s received excellent reviews. The online shopping functionality is particularly exciting because our old site was really behind trends in the market. Our entire team is looking forward to its launch.

How did Jacob Tyler perform from a project management standpoint?

Their project management structure works really well for us. Our main project manager has been great at keeping us on track. We’re getting a new project manager this week. The transition has been very smooth, and we’ve already started to schedule weekly calls. Their whole team is super organized. I’m in constant communication with them. Someone on their team always has an answer to my questions, and they’re open to my feedback or suggestions.

I really appreciate that I have direct communication and contact with Les. He’s always reachable via text—no matter the time of day—for any question that I have. It’s really rare to have that kind of access to the CEO, and that personal relationships has been awesome. Also, they're really transparent about what they will deliver.

Overall Score I don't have anything negative to say.
    If my team is behind, they’ll ask how they can help me meet our deadline.
    We didn't shop this project out, so I don't have any comparison on price.
    I haven't worked with any other type of companies to really compare.
    I've already recommended them.

Web Dev & Branding for Trading Consulting Organization

“The delivered materials were unique and really captured our company’s culture.”

July - Oct. 2015

Jacob Tyler implemented a rebranding strategy and rebuilt a website to establish a professional and attractive visual identity. In addition to the website, the team created a logo, style guide, and manual.

GA Bartick
President, R3 Consultants

Jacob Tyler’s efforts helped significantly increase overall revenue. The team’s consistent communication, level of creativity, and collaborative approach to the project assured they met expectations and goals for the engagement.

I’m the president of R3 Consultants. We’re a sales and consumer service training and consulting organization that helps companies improve their internal communication.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jacob Tyler?

Originally, our website didn’t reflect our skill set or our capabilities and we didn’t have a very strong digital presence. Because we work with a lot of high-profile clients, we decided to rebrand and improve our website with strategies to increase online visibility.

We started with a series of deep-dive meetings to define our company values and desired voice. Using those discussions, Jacob Tyler drafted several different brand profiles for our website and our overall identity. Once we decided on the direction best suited for our company, their team built a new website from scratch. They created a logo and a corresponding style guide, company manual, and other marketing collateral.

Our main point of contact was the CEO, but we also worked with a project manager.

How did you come to work with Jacob Tyler?

I tasked my VP with searching online for a marketing agency with a good digital presence. From my perspective, if an agency can establish their own online visibility, they can do it for me as well. My VP found Jacob Taylor and scheduled an initial meeting. When I entered the room, I found that their CEO was a friend from the Entrepreneurs’ Organization, a nonprofit that we both support. We ultimately chose them based on their marketing capabilities, the friendship was just an added bonus.

We spent about $150,000 on this project.

We worked together from July–October 2015.

The added layer of visibility we get from our website has generated an estimated $4 million in top-line revenue for our company.

How did Jacob Tyler perform from a project management standpoint?

We tracked the project through Basecamp and their team was excellent. At one point, I actually asked them to turn off notifications because they were sending so many updates. There was constant communication throughout the engagement.

I was very impressed with their level of creativity and communication. I don’t have very much technical experience, so Jacob Tyler effectively discussed the project on my level, which I really appreciated. Additionally, they were extremely receptive to feedback and made changes with minimal pushback.

We fell behind schedule a few times. It wasn’t a huge problem, but they failed to let us know why there was a delay. I would’ve liked them to be more proactive in alerting us to possible obstacles.

Overall Score We like the experience and we’re looking to work with them on another project.
    They were on schedule 90% of the time, but when they fell behind, they failed to notify us.
    We received good value and great advice for a fair cost.
    The delivered materials were unique and really captured our company’s culture.
    I have already referred them multiple times.

UX/UI Dev & Brand Strategy for Software Development Company

“I’ve had no complaints throughout our two-year partnership.”

May 2016 - Ongoing

Jacob Tyler has served as a design partner for a software development company across a variety of projects including UX/UI for web platforms and mobile applications. They’ve also provided print design.

Anup Marwadi
CEO, HyperTrends Global Inc.

Projects have been universally well-received. The Jacob Tyler team has integrated seamlessly with existing workflows and emphasizes a collaborative approach to achieve high-quality results. They’re willing to work within limited budgets when necessary, and do so without sacrificing quality.

I’m the CEO of HyperTrends Global Inc., a full-service software development company. I also serve as a virtual CTO for about three different startups in the San Diego area.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jacob Tyler?

With all the technical products that we build, we’re always looking for local design companies that can help us create UX/UI design guidelines and brand strategies.

We’ve worked on many projects together, but two very large projects come to mind. The first was called Spledger, which is a fundraising platform we developed in 2016. The other was a complex mobile application that we built for iOS and Android. In both of these projects, I was functioning as a virtual CTO for the companies that were looking to build the products, and Jacob Tyler was our design partner.

On the fundraising project, our teams worked together to establish product guidelines. The client initially had a very limited budget, but after we presented design ideas and basic mockups, they expanded it significantly. After development, they hired us on retainer and we developed several smaller projects.

When we work with Jacob Tyler, we provide a design budget based on the specifics of the project and work fairly closely with them to develop the brand, logos, videos, color palettes, and additional design materials. We also occasionally provide more detailed wireframes and specifications depending on the client’s preferences. We have a very close professional relationship with them across both individual projects and the startups that I work as CTO for.

I’ve worked with several team members in the past, but I primarily work with Les (CEO & Chief Creative Officer, Jacob Tyler), who then delegates to members of his team. They have a deep understanding of branding strategy, which is apparent in their portfolio. They’ve done some very large projects, and it was clear that their workflow would mesh well with ours.

How did you come to work with Jacob Tyler?

They came highly recommended from colleagues of ours that had worked with them in the past.

We’ve spent over $300,000 over the course of the partnership. Initial budgets per project rarely exceed $50,000.

We started working together in May 2016, and they’ve been our design partner ever since. We were working on the fundraising platform for about a year and a half with them, while the iOS/Android app took between nine months and a year.

When we launched the iOS application on the App Store, it was quickly rated very highly with a great deal of positive feedback on the user interface. As for the fundraising platform, the designs assets and markups that they provided were crucial in securing an investment of $500,000 from the client, which we were very happy with.

How did Jacob Tyler perform from a project management standpoint?

Our project managers work with theirs when we take on projects together, and it’s been a very seamless workflow. We would work together in the same office for many projects, which facilitated the whole process. It felt less like project management for our teams, and more of a smooth collaboration in completing the projects together.

They have in-depth experience in both digital design and print marketing, which is very difficult to find in a web design studio. When we do our brochures and collateral for trade shows, they’ve been incredibly useful. That was one of the factors that originally led us to work with them.

They are very flexible and willing to work with us on the budgets that we provide.
    We’ve seen amazing successes across multiple projects with them.
    I constantly recommend them to local startups.

Branding for Wearable Exoskeleton Technology Startup

“Their team understood our objective and crafted a practical brand solution to introduce our new product to the market.”

June 2016 - Ongoing

Jacob Tyler designed a new website and implemented SEO best practices on the platform. They also developed a brand strategy and incorporated the messaging into various web content and marketing collateral.

Joseph Zawaideh
Co-Founder, Levitate Technologies, Inc.

New and existing customers are responding positively to the new site. Jacob Tyler’s effective digital marketing services have generated a significant increase in site traffic and sales. They fully absorbed the purpose and goals of the project and delivered terrific results within a tight deadline.

We design, manufacture and sell wearable exoskeletons that help reduce fatigue and improve the productivity of factory workers. I am a co-founder of the company and the vice president of marketing and business development.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jacob Tyler?

We wanted to establish our online presence before putting our product on the market. A full-service digital marketing agency is what we needed to lay the groundwork for our brand.

We didn’t have an IT provider, so we needed Jacob Tyler to build a new website. They developed the site’s front- and backend and integrated SEO best practices to improve our online visibility. Their team flawlessly incorporated the new branding concepts and key messaging into the website and marketing collateral, which includes brochures and user manuals for our conferences and exhibits.

The account manager is our primary point of contact.

How did you come to work with Jacob Tyler?

We interviewed five local digital marketing agencies, and Jacob Tyler was the best fit for our project’s scope and budget.

We’ve spent between $75,000--$100,000 for their services.

We started working on the first project in July 2016, and they completed everything within two months. They provide ongoing SEO and online marketing for us.

The moment we launched the new website, our existing customers and vendors called us to compliment the site. We receive similar praise for the brochures and manuals they designed. Regarding their digital marketing efforts, site traffic has dramatically increased. Increased visibility has also yielded a tremendous growth in sales.

How did Jacob Tyler perform from a project management standpoint?

They had a challenging scope of work and a limited time frame, but they worked diligently to keep both teams on track to meet the deadline. Their responsiveness was outstanding throughout the entire project and an integral factor in our success.

We essentially created a new product category when we invented our one-of-a-kind technology. Jacob Tyler didn’t have the luxury of drawing inspiration from similar brands, but their team understood our objective and crafted a practical brand solution to introduce our new product to the market.

We had an excellent experience working with Jacob Tyler, and we wouldn't change anything they've done for us.

Our website is well-received by our target audience.

Web Dev & Branding for Furnished Accommodations Firm

“They've taken the time to get to know us and understand what differentiates us from others to best promote our work.”

2010 - Ongoing

Jacob Tyler provided branding and design work, including the development of a website and app, along with various business collateral (i.e., brochures, ads, logos, booths, etc.).

Partner, Furnished Accommodations Firm

Jacob Tyler's efforts have helped the company achieve recognition within the industry in a short time frame. They continue to be a valued partner, taking the time to thoroughly understand the business and to be responsive to client needs throughout the relationship.

I'm the executive vice president and an account manager for a company that provides furnished accommodations for corporations around the world.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jacob Tyler?

We needed help developing our website when we launched the company about eight years ago, as well as some supplemental collateral (i.e., brochures, business cards).

We collaborated with Jacob Tyler's team on branding, including brainstorming tag lines and slogans. They designed and developed the website and our app, along with a brochure that was several pages long, a PowerPoint, business cards, and other collateral. They've designed ads that target our clientele that have been used in publications and programs for conferences, as well as our trade show booth. They'll also be working on a refresh of the brand with a new logo, booth, PowerPoint, and business card design soon.

We mostly worked directly with Les (CEO and Chief Creative Officer, Jacob Tyler). Over the years, we've worked with various account managers and creative directors as well.

How did you come to work with Jacob Tyler?

I'm not sure how we originally found them, but their offices are just a few blocks apart from ours, which made it convenient to set up meetings and brainstorming sessions.

We started working together around the Fall of 2010 and the relationship is ongoing.

Jacob Tyler's design efforts certainly helped us achieve a high level of recognition immediately. In the year we launched, we received a Tower of Excellence Award within one of our industry associations.

How did Jacob Tyler perform from a project management standpoint?

Les is very responsive. He's been known to turn around design work with little notice within 48 hours. They've been a great partner overall and are good at prioritizing our needs and being flexible.

I like having direct access to the owner of the company. I feel like we're not only able to have very candid conversations, but that their team is also invested in learning about our business in order to deliver the best outcomes. They've taken the time to get to know us and understand what differentiates us from others to best promote our work.

They're great on the creative and production side of things, but lacking a little bit on the technical side of projects, which they outsource. However, that's not the core function of their services.

Some of the longer project timelines were a little skewed.
    The quality of their work is outstanding.

Branding & Graphic Design for Biometrics Company

"They are very responsive and personable...They are easy to work with."

Nov. 2017 - Ongoing

Jacob Tyler assists with all elements of visual branding, from graphic design and brand standards to trade show materials and promotional videos.

Princeton, New Jersey
Director of Marketing, Biometrics Company

The show displays and promotional materials crafted by Jacob Tyler distinguish the company from competitors and make a positive impression on high-profile clients. The agency makes valuable recommendations, responds to questions at any time of day, and establishes a flexible workflow.

I am the director of marketing for a biometrics company that works on iris recognition.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jacob Tyler?

We were a fairly new spin-off from a larger technology company, and needed help with branding.

We hired Jacob Tyler to help us with our company branding initiatives. Initially, we had a kick-off meeting to discuss our priorities and pinpoint where we needed the most help. This morphed into them helping to develop our branding standards guide, giving us a look and feel for the company, and studying the platform to learn what our company was all about.

From there, we delved into graphic design. They took the branding standards guide and created some visuals that would go along with the company for trade show booths, advertisements, and the videos they created for one of our new product launches. It was an all-encompassing digital and media strategy.

We worked with their CEO and a project manager.

How did you come to work with Jacob Tyler?

While looking for a full PR and creative partner, we sent out an RFP to a couple of agencies. The PR agency that we signed on with partnered with Jacob Tyler rather than developing graphics themselves. We got them by default, which was very seamless.

We have spent approximately $100k. Since they're a high-end agency, there is a little more cost involved. It was hard to quantify to senior management, but you get what you pay for. It's worth it in the long run.

We started working with them in November 2017, and the work is ongoing. Right now, they’re our agency of record for graphics and multi-media.

Since we’re in the biometrics industry, a lot of very high-profile clients and companies are looking for our solutions. At a recent tradeshow, a perspective client commented on the caliber of our booth presence compared to our competitors. That was very flattering since we’re a young company. We couldn’t have done it without Jacob Tyler's work creating such a beautiful backdrop and stage to tell our story.

How did Jacob Tyler perform from a project management standpoint?

They perform very well. We have a standing call each week since we’re working on multiple projects at the same time. My main point of contact is wonderful, proactive, and reactive. I can call her on nights and weekends. She is very conscious of our repositioning needs, since we're still a new company. They are very flexible.

I have worked with a lot of different graphics agencies, and I really feel that this is more than just a business to them. They help and make suggestions. Some companies just come in, get a retainer, and receive their monthly fee. You don’t hear much from them and there isn’t much interaction.

At Jacob Tyler, they are very responsive and personable. We have gotten to know them and feel very comfortable with them, both on the phone and in person. They are easy to work with, which is one of the highlights. They call it like they see it and tell you why choices are good or bad.

Overall Score We are pleased. Hopefully it will be a long and happy relationship.
    They go above and beyond and have always been there for us.
    They are a bit more costly than the previous NJ based firms we were working with. They are located in CA, so cost is a bit more, but totally worth it.

Web Dev & Design for San Diego Pride

"I speak very highly of Jacob Tyler when anyone asks who made our website."

Jan. - May 2018

Jacob Tyler designed and built a WordPress website to boost overall functionality and design, with the primary new feature being online calendar capability for events and ticket sales.

Alex Villafuerte
Marketing & Communications Manager, San Diego Pride

The improved site, lauded internally and externally, has markedly increased ticket sales and conversion rates. Jacob Tyler’s responsiveness and ability to turn constructive feedback into implementable, on-time deliverables are hallmarks of their work.

I’m the marketing and communications manager for San Diego Pride. Our mission is fostering pride, equality, and respect for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender community. I oversee all incoming and outgoing messaging for the organization.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jacob Tyler?

We had a decaying website that needed a lot of maintenance. It wasn't doing what we needed in terms of conveying our message. It really focused on the annual parade and festival, and not our year-round civic engagement.

They provided backend development as well as the frontend design for a new WordPress site. The design and the layout, as well as the architecture of the site, was created to highlight our organization. We’re unique in that we have one big annual event, and many small events. They created an Events page that we use as a calendar to highlight the smaller events throughout the year. The programs page is really robust; it includes our various departments, as well as our education and outreach avenues.

I worked mainly with a project manager.

How did you come to work with Jacob Tyler?

They were on our target list as a top agency here in San Diego. Our director of development led the search and put out bids. Jacob Tyler came back with the most detailed, comprehensive proposal.

The project took place from January–May 2018.

The site has only been live for a few weeks, so we haven't looked at the full metrics yet. However, we have seen an increase in ticket sales. We averaged 4–5 tickets sold around this time last year. Right now, we're seeing 18–25 tickets sold. It's a much higher conversion rate. We did a big press release the week after it launched, and we’ve had glowing reviews of the new site. All of the reviews agree that it’s much cleaner, more beautiful and robust compared to the old site.

How did Jacob Tyler perform from a project management standpoint?

The team is great. Their communication was seamless. They’re always on point and quick. They use a variety of tools and software for web processes or submitting tickets for bugs. They were flexible about scheduling meetings based on our availability. They made things very easy for us. Even after the site launched, they've been responsive and haven't fallen off the radar.

Their level of expertise gave us confidence throughout the project. They’re able to work with people who may not know much about websites. They never simply gave in to what we wanted; they provided advice on what we should do. The way they laid out the site allows us to better tell our full story, and leverage the size of our organization to help smaller nonprofit organizations. I speak very highly of Jacob Tyler when anyone asks who made our website.

Overall Score It was an overall great experience.
    They always beat the timeline or were right on it.
    We’ve seen a positive ROI.
    From discovery to launch, the communication was great.
    I’m very likely to recommend them.

Web Development & Design for Real Estate Investor

"I appreciate that they got the job done and remained personable while doing it."

Nov. 2017 - Apr. 2018

Jacob Tyler led a rebranding effort by revamping a website. They redesigned the site’s frontend and built out additional functionalities. They also collaborated with another vendor to integrate custom software.

Project Manager, Real Estate Investment Company

They worked diligently through each stage of development to create an upgraded website with aesthetically pleasing visuals. While the site didn’t meet its initial launch date, a talented project manager kept everyone organized and focused on delivering a high-quality product.

I’m a project manager for a real estate investment company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jacob Tyler?

Our website was outdated and we needed a development firm to assist a redesign effort.

Once the project began, we had a kickoff meeting with Jacob Tyler to help them understand how our company works and what we’d be comfortable with design-wise. We discussed the timeline and they were upfront with expressing their concerns. I appreciated that they didn’t sell us on something they couldn’t deliver.

There were various deliverable points where they showed us mock-ups of different website pages. A month and a half before the site was supposed to launch, they delivered a beta version of the site to demonstrate its functionalities. Unfortunately, the other development team responsible for integrating a custom system didn’t start their portion of the project early enough. As a result, they held Jacob Tyler back from launching the site as scheduled. Currently, the site is online and we’re working out some minor issues. We’re happy with the experience and are planning future updates with them.

Andrew (Account Director, Jacob Tyler) was our primary point of contact. I also had regular conversations with Les (CEO, Jacob Tyler) where he called to confirm everything was going okay. We’ve also interacted with their head designer and other various resources.

How did you come to work with Jacob Tyler?

I initially reached out to a handful of development firms to discuss the general cost of the project and gauge the achievability of our proposed schedule. I invited several vendors to bid for the project, but we ultimately selected Jacob Tyler. They offered the best price and made an effort to understand an existing system to be integrated into the website. Proactively engaging our challenges put them a step ahead of the other companies we considered.

We spent a little over $60,000.

We started working together in November 2017 and the website launched in April 2018.

Our company isn’t very forward thinking when it comes to utilizing new technology. Jacob Tyler tried to pull us into the current century by increasing the web traffic on our site. However, all of our investment funds come from private investors. We don't try to attract new investors to our website because it’s not necessary. Instead, we want people to have a positive experience when interacting with our brand online. The internal response has been positive as my colleagues have praised the site’s fresh and modern appearance. We didn’t realize how dated our old website was until we saw the new one.

How did Jacob Tyler perform from a project management standpoint?

They're organized, they never reschedule meetings, and they stick to the tasks at hand. Andrew was our dedicated project manager and he was absolutely wonderful to work with. He was responsive whenever we had questions and could explain tech-related topics to people not well-versed in web development. He effectively collaborated with the various parties needed to make the project happen. Nothing fell through the cracks and every member of their team seemed focused on the project.

The employees of Jacob Tyler seem genuinely happy to be there. No one likes working for a company that isn’t run correctly, so seeing a happy and engaged staff gave us the confidence to hire them. I appreciate that they got the job done and remained personable while doing it.

We had some frustrations during the final days and weeks before the launch date. I’m not a web developer, so I had difficulty providing the login information to our hosting platform. As it turns out, the hosting platform we were using was the wrong type. Their use of an outside consultant might've caused some of that confusion during the final stages of the project. Ultimately, they delivered on what was promised.

Jacob Tyler will deliver an amazing end product, as will others. So if you are choosing between several developers of good repute, choose the one whose personality suits your work approach best. They're a more relaxed company, so if you're looking for people who wear suits every day, Jacob Tyler probably isn't the team you'll feel most comfortable with. However, if you want a group of people who you can have a casual conversation with between meetings, you'll be very happy working with them.

We didn’t meet the original launch date.
    They met all our expectations from both a functionality and design perspective.
    The final product looks great and they were easy to work with.

Branding, Logo Design & Web Dev for Law Firm

“They have a way of branding that sets you apart, because they themselves are truly unique and talented.”

July 2010 - Dec. 2011

Jacob designed the rebranding of a company, including the website, logo, color scheme, and supporting marketing collateral. They continue to update and provide additional design work as needed.

La Jolla, California
Peter Potente
CEO & Owner, POTENTE, a Professional Law Corporation

Jacob continues to provide top-quality, unique designs that have added value to the business for nearly a decade. Their high-energy, creative culture and strategic approach to design sets them apart. Efficient and timely on projects, working with their team is a seamless process.

I'm the CEO and owner of POTENTE, a Professional Law Corporation.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jacob Tyler?

About nine years ago, the relationship between my business partner and I was terminated, so I was looking to do a complete rebrand of the company.

I had several in-depth meetings with their team over the course of a couple months initially. Before we discussed branding, it was important to their team to fully understand our business. Once they felt they grasped our mission, goals, and the types of clients we have, they started designing our website and provided a lot of creative direction as needed. They designed our logo, color schemes, and marketing collateral (i.e., business cards, letterhead, signage). They even sourced the exact color of paint for our office that was chosen for our color scheme.

I worked directly with Les (CEO, Jacob Tyler), but my employees worked with others on their team as well.

How did you come to work with Jacob Tyler?

I asked other colleagues for recommendations and interviewed a few of Jacob's previous clients. Based on those references, I decided to meet with them and I immediately liked their creative energy and culture.

We've invested between $50,000–$60,00 over the years.

We started working together in July 2010 and although the rebranding effort was completed by the following year, we continue to work together on various design projects.

We've received a lot of positive feedback on the website and overall branding from colleagues and clients alike.

How did Jacob Tyler perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team operates very efficiently and executes quickly on our requests. They're one of the best service providers we work with. By providing additional creative input, it felt as if we hired a genuine partner to help us build a sustainable brand. Unlike other design firms, Jacob works to build truly organic relationships with their customers, which is why we continue to work with them.

I'm most impressed by their creative energy. They have a way of branding that sets you apart, because they themselves are truly unique and talented.

I can't think of anything. We've been working with them for almost a decade and I've never had a problem.

Overall Score I love working with them and it continues to be a great experience.
    They set timelines and they always stick to them.
    Their prices are fair for the level of quality they provide.