We are a global integrated brand experience agency

Gold

Your success is hinged upon how you communicate your brand to the people you wish to affect the most. Without a pointed sense of purpose and aesthetic, your brand can fall out of step with who you are as a business. It’s a disconnect that can be costly to your bottom line. We work with you to reveal the story of why you do what you do and bring it to life. We find what’s compelling and ensure it resonates across all platforms and marketing initiatives.

From brand strategy, through design and development, our team of experts create engagement for your brand in a novel way that drives profitability.

2000
San Diego, CA
  • 6863 Friars Road
    San Diego, CA 92108

AT&T, Novartis, Discovery Channel, SONY, TED, Nuvasive, Terranea Resort, Hilton, Four Seasons, Ken Blanchard, American Cancer Society, YMCA, California Coast Credit Union, Miramar Federal Credit Union, Blink Energy Water, iTan Spa & Salon, SD Italian Film Festival, National Institutes of Health, Health.gov, San Diego Airport, Qualcomm, Wings-n-Things, Platt College, Point Loma Nazarine University, Hilton, iTan, Omnitracs, Rubios Coastal Grill, SD Chargers, Hensel Phelps

Today I Will Campaign - Carnosyn

Jacob Tyler created a campaign to inspire potential customers to use Carnosyn. We were responsible for scripting, editing, shooting, and post production.

3D Animation Video Reel

This video reel showcases our 3D animation capabilities.

Jacob Tyler is the Agency of Record for Princeton Identity, a leader in biometric trechnology. This video was developed for the product release of Access 200. Jacob Tyler has developed the brand story and all trade show and marketing collateral for Princeton Identity, as well as the tagline, Technology that Powers Freedom.

Hensel Phelps

Jacob Tyler completed the full rebrand and Web design for Hensel Phelps. Visit http://www.henselphelps.com

Carnosyn (Choose Carnosyn Campaign)

Visit http://choose.carnosyn.com/to view the full landing page campaign. The video was viewed over one million times in 43 days. Over 30% viewed more than 30 seconds according to TruView analytics.

Visit http://loading.carnosyn.com/ for the full landing page campaign.

YMCA

Brand Awareness & Marketing for Biometrics Startup

“The compelling, impactful content that Jacob Tyler provided was the real differentiator.”

Nov. 2017 - Mar. 2019

Jacob Tyler delivered branding and marketing services to differentiate and promote a startup. Deliverables included a brand guide, messaging, business cards, and a color scheme. They also did SEO and PR.

Hamilton, New Jersey
Former CEO, Technology Startup

The brand design and promotional materials greatly enhanced brand name recognition. At trade shows, Jacob Tyler’s work drew in many potential customers. The team excelled at highlighting the mission of the company while also offering responsive project management.

I was the CEO of a biometrics startup. We pursued eye scanning for identification purposes.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jacob Tyler?

We needed to build name recognition and generate interest in our products. Ultimately, we wanted to stand out from our competition. My team was having trouble wording our messaging.

Jacob Tyler developed our brand guide, messaging, and color scheme. They also created all of our marketing materials, such as business cards and brochures. They augmented this process with SEO and PR management.

We worked with Les Kollegian (CEO, Jacob Tyler) through a lot of the discussions.

How did you come to work with Jacob Tyler?

Our VP of marketing worked with them in the past. We interviewed them and some other companies, and we chose Jacob Tyler because of their high-impact approach.

The project ran from November 2017–March 2019.

Jacob Tyler helped us become a player in the biometrics space. We’d been struggling to come up with the right wording for months, and Jacob Tyler’s unique and compelling messaging resolved this problem. They also provided high-impact graphics that really conveyed our message to customers.

For example, they provided a photograph of a person that dramatically highlighted her blue eyes, captioned “Only DNA is more accurate.” The photograph drew people in like a magnet. It was one of those moments when you saw the potential of the company.

How did Jacob Tyler perform from a project management standpoint?

Jacob Tyler was very responsive and always on time. We typically communicated via phone calls and video conferences.

I have no complaints from my perspective.

Customers should communicate as much as possible so that they get the best message out.

Branding & Creative Support for Rebate Incentives Company

"Even when the scope of the project was small, they were willing and able to do an excellent job."

2011 - 2018

Though initially hired for web development, Jacob Tyler served as an external creative department. The team created a logo and corporate identity package before expanding to card art and other design work.

1,000 - 5,000 Empolyees

Former Director of Operations, Financial Services Company

Jacob Tyler facilitated a significant increase in brand awareness. The team maintained an open and collaborative relationship throughout the engagement, functioning as if they were an integral part of the client’s firm. Customers can expect a remarkable work ethic from each team member.

I was the director of operations, and then, shortly after, a senior account director at a company that managed incentive rebate card programs. We offered mobile phone rebates and other types of discounts via prepaid bank cards and private label—also known as closed-loop—cards.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jacob Tyler?

Initially, all we were looking for was an updated website. That’s what the initial bid was for.

Shortly after getting them going on the website, we did an overall rebrand with them. The team redid our logo and created a corporate identity package for us. They used the traditional scope format, where they asked a lot of questions at the beginning. Afterward, they sent a creative brief and spent time meeting with the executive team to discuss their vision for the project.

Once they completed the website, logo, and corporate identity package, Jacob Tyler began to function as an external creative team for the company. This included card art and designs for other digital and POS assets.

I worked with a variety of people from Jacob Tyler.

How did you come to work with Jacob Tyler?

My ex-husband had previously worked with Les (CEO, Jacob Tyler). I was familiar with some of the work that he’d done for different agencies and was always impressed with his creative output.

The company spent somewhere between $250,000–$500,000.

The company first partnered with Jacob Tyler in 2011, and I know that the engagement lasted after I left in 2017. I believe that the company kept them on until the end of 2018.

In terms of exposure, the impact is difficult to quantify. We were working with some massive international companies, so the exposure with any of our campaigns was in the multimillions. Their card art, which integrated branding that was constantly changing, went out to tens of millions of people.

I can’t speak to the profit margins that we experienced, but the exposure from dealing with well-known brands was extremely high. This came not just from the media, but also through the cards that people were carrying around in their wallets.

How did Jacob Tyler perform from a project management standpoint?

They had a clear, concise methodology that they used to hone in on what we were looking to do. They were committed to following that structure, which was comprehensive and integrated with all facets of the business.

As I said before, they eventually became our creative department and served as an extension of our company. It was as if we had an in-house creative team. We worked with them almost every day on daily or weekly deliverables

They used Basecamp, which helped us track various tasks and served as our main communication channel. The team was great about answering the phone, especially when I had questions or concerns. They were always helpful and responsive. We eventually started to do weekly or monthly status update calls, depending on what our focus was for that month or quarter.

Number one is their consistency in hiring exceptional people. Everyone from Jacob Tyler performed as if they were part of our team. True partnerships like that don’t seem to exist anymore. There’s usually a delineation between the outsourced team and the internal team, but I never felt that when working with them.

I love that Les holds his team to a high standard in terms of work ethic. No matter how busy they were, they finished their work and did it well. With every single person—every account supervisor, every account director, every project manager, everyone that worked on the digital assets—I was so impressed with their work ethic, which was something that I didn’t believe existed anymore.

The team was also very respectful and appreciative. No matter who it was coming into a project, it was always obvious that they wanted to do right by us and do right by the work. That consistency, along with the high quality of the creative work, was impressive.

I also appreciated that, although the team had creative integrity, they understood that some tasks didn’t require an extensive design phase. They were willing to make the process quick and painless when they needed to, especially when we didn’t have time for a sophisticated creative brief. Even when the scope of the project was small, they were willing and able to do an excellent job.

The only area of improvement—and they did improve on it when we pointed it out a couple of times—was the turnover within different departments. Most agencies experience these types of problems, with people moving up or moving vertically, especially within the graphic design field. There were times when we felt like there was a slight loss of integrity, and we had to retrain people on rules, regulations, and guidelines.

There was a tremendous amount of regulations that we had to deal with because our clients were big financial institutions. We had to be extremely careful about performing within those guidelines. The rules that we had to adhere to were very stringent, so the stakes were high.

Thankfully, we were able to work with Jacob Tyler to create some documentation for new people. It only took a couple of instances of us noticing the problem until we resolved it. They were able to remedy it quickly once we identified the gap.

I would let them know that Les is accessible even though he's an executive. Also, Jacob Tyler has great talent and resources, so make sure to utilize that. Know that you can trust them because they’re great partners. You definitely can count on them and their process.

Branding & Website Design and Dev for Two Startup Companies

“I was blown away by the quality of their work.”

Nov. 2017 - July 2018

Jacob Tyler executed branding, design, and WordPress website development for two startups. Other services included logo design for the first company and a brand naming process for the second.

Matt Harney
Founder, APPEALIE & SEAL Awards

Jacob Tyler excelled at meeting high site performance expectations, and their high-caliber work has garnered positive feedback. The team, including the CEO, was accessible and attentive. Their responsive nature complemented their efficient and organized professional management style.

I’m an entrepreneur and small business owner. I’ve founded the SEAL Awards, an awards-driven environmental advocacy organization, and APPEALIE, a customer data-driven SaaS awards and insights platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jacob Tyler?

I initially hired Jacob Tyler to help me with APPEALIE’s logo design and branding.

First, Jacob Tyler oversaw the logo design process for APPEALIE. I had a meeting with a designer and account manager to discuss our goals, audience, and vision. We went through three rounds of logo design. They also designed and developed the APPEALIE website using WordPress.

When they finished all of the different design and branding tasks for APPEALIE, I was contemplating a new brand I wanted to launch: the SEAL Awards. I had significant aspirations for how the brand would evolve and the impact it could make, and I turned to Jacob Tyler to provide advice on how to position the brand. They helped me build the brand from scratch, including coming up with a company name. Jacob Tyler also developed the SEAL Awards website, once again using WordPress.

I worked with different teams depending on the project. For APPEALIE, I worked with an account manager and a graphic designer; for the SEAL Awards, I engaged with a 4–5-person team, which included Amy (VP, Operations and Project Management, Jacob Tyler). I even worked directly with Les (Co-Founder, CEO, and CCO, Jacob Tyler), who got involved in the naming process and proposed the brand name that we ultimately chose. For the websites, I worked with a web designer, copywriter, project manager, and some technical people.

How did you come to work with Jacob Tyler?

I researched several vendors on Google and reviewed their websites and digital portfolios. I did a client intake process with Jacob Tyler that was smooth and professional, and then we had a good first meeting. I felt comfortable moving forward with them.

My initial bill for the logo design was around $10,000. Then, we combined the remainder of the APPEALIE and the SEAL Awards work into a larger contract that was about $50,000.

The APPEALIE project spanned September 2017–June 2018, and the SEAL Awards work was from November 2017–July 2018.

When we did the websites, I had high expectations in terms of site performance. I held Jacob Tyler to a high standard of what my Google PageSpeed and GTMetrix scores would be, and they were able to hit them.

The feedback I get on both brands from a design perspective is always very favorable. When one of my friends became CEO of a software company that had an old and tired brand, his first question to me was where I got my APPEALIE logo done; he wanted a logo just like it for his company.

How did Jacob Tyler perform from a project management standpoint?

Jacob Tyler was responsive, which was a very valuable part of the projects we did together. Everything was carefully assigned, and they always followed up on calls with the next steps. They used Basecamp to manage the project, which prevented messy email chains and helped keep the work organized; this was particularly key with the website design, when we often had fifteen issues to deal with at once. I could easily provide feedback, which Jacob Tyler got to the technical people so that they could make the appropriate changes and adjustments.

I was blown away by the quality of their work. For each round of logo design, they’d present around 16 alternatives, and the majority of those would be excellent. Even the elements that didn’t make it to the final cut were really good. I went into the partnership with some skepticism since I’ve never engaged a full creative agency like Jacob Tyler before, but I very quickly saw the benefit of working with a true professional.

I was also pleasantly surprised at how accessible Jacob Tyler’s CEO was. Les has significant experience working with some of the biggest companies in San Diego, so I really appreciated the extra level of attention he gave us when he helped us come up with a brand name.

Finally, their responsiveness stood out. About a week ago, I tried logging onto my Google Analytics account to add a consultant to it and found that the account ownership had never been transferred away from Jacob Tyler. I sent an email to their customer service at 9:00 PM, heard back at 9:30, and had the issue resolved by 10:00. I was impressed that even though I’m not a paying client and haven’t been for two years, they still responded quickly.

Do a good job communicating with them and give them context. For my two projects with them, I’m glad I spent time delivering a PowerPoint of relevant brands in the industry and what I wanted to accomplish. If you’re hiring someone of Jacob Tyler’s caliber, you should do everything you can to enable them; they can’t know your industry, company, or vision if you don’t tell them.

Website Redesign for Management Consulting Firm

“Jacob Tyler maintained high standards for their creative work.”

Mar. - Nov. 2013

Jacob Tyler redesigned a corporate website. They leveraged the product portfolio and extended the brand hierarchy to the web, connecting the B2B and B2C areas of business.

Wendy Wong
Former SVP of Marketing, The Ken Blanchard Companies

Jacob Tyler’s unique navigation design drove visitor flow. Engaging and responsive, the team adhered to scheduled milestones and provided updates with creative presentations.

At the time that I worked with Jacob Tyler, I was the SVP of marketing for the Ken Blanchard Companies.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jacob Tyler?

We needed to redesign our website to accommodate a fairly complex product portfolio. My company already had a brand strategy and foundation, but we needed help in deploying them on our website. We wanted to express the brand hierarchy of our product line on the site.

During the discovery process, I held in-house meetings with various stakeholders, conducted card-sorting exercises, and created the first wireframe. Jacob Tyler used this internal information to provide an outside perspective. The team leveraged our brand assets, library, and guidelines and extended them for the web. They helped us connect the B2B and B2C parts of our business. Jacob Tyler also created a navigation design and menu structure.

We engaged with a lead strategist, a creative director, and an analytics specialist.

How did you come to work with Jacob Tyler?

I put out an RFP to local agencies in San Diego. Of the three agencies that we invited to present their work, Jacob Tyler seemed best-prepared and offered the most economical quote. They also took some creative risks that caught our attention.

We spent less than $50,000.

The project lasted from March–November 2013.

By thinking through how different users would navigate the site, Jacob Tyler helped us accomplish meaningful improvements in visitor flow.

How did Jacob Tyler perform from a project management standpoint?

We had in-person meetings since Jacob Tyler was local, but we mostly interacted over weekly calls. They did creative presentations during scheduled milestones, either by phone or virtual meeting. We used Basecamp.

They created a web-based user journey with different personas in mind. Jacob Tyler maintained high standards for their creative work. The team strove to understand our business and test new ideas to add value and bring outside objectivity.

No, I can’t think of anything.

A client should think through what their goals are. They should also set expectations with internal stakeholders so that they have the proper context when Jacob Tyler presents their creative ideas.

UX/UI Redesign for Student Tracking System

“Jacob Tyler is well-known in the design industry for going above and beyond and exceeding expectations.”

n/a

May - Nov. 2018

Jacob Tyler redesigned an outdated software system’s interface for mobile and desktop compatibility. They modified the UX/UI.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Aviva Bowman
Marketing Director, Typhon Group

Despite the complexity of the antiquated software and the wide-ranging scope of the project, Jacob Tyler satisfied the requirements and excelled at managing expectations. They communicated seamlessly.

I’m the marketing director at Typhon Group. We sell web-based software that collects data and tracks students in nursing and health education programs.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jacob Tyler?

My company was over twenty-years-old at the time, so much of our software was outdated and didn’t work with newer technologies, like phones and tablets. We needed to redesign our interface for both mobile and desktop environments and modify the software’s UX/UI. The challenge was updating the interface while maintaining the data we had in the system.

We held preliminary meetings to discuss our needs and map the project out. Jacob Tyler gathered information on what our needs were and what data students were entering into the system. Then, they optimized our software for the web. They also redesigned the UX/UI for mobile, desktop, and everything student-facing.

My team primarily engaged with Les (Co-Founder, CFO, and COO, Jacob Tyler). He worked closely with front- and backend developers to ensure that they integrated new designs with our existing software and data.

How did you come to work with Jacob Tyler?

Les is a long-time friend of mine. Jacob Tyler is well-known in the design industry for going above and beyond and exceeding expectations.

The project lasted from May–November 2018.

We’re still rolling out the software since we’re handling several other redesigns and software updates. However, we’re very satisfied with the work that Jacob Tyler did for us.

How did Jacob Tyler perform from a project management standpoint?

Jacob Tyler fostered constant communication. We had weekly meetings with Jacob Tyler’s team, including Les. Somebody on their team kept track of conversations so that we could easily outline the project’s next steps. We used Basecamp to organize meeting notes and monitor things that needed to be changed or updated. We made great strides during these meetings; we were really pleased with how they managed the project and the progress that we made week-to-week. The team was attentive and provided frequent updates.

I don’t think Jacob Tyler’s team initially understood the large scope of our project or the complicated software they’d be dealing with. They worked diligently to understand the software and our needs. If the need arises, I will definitely hire them again.

No, I didn’t see anything. Since they’re in California, we never had issues with time constraints. Also, Jacob Tyler was experiencing a bit of turnover at the time of our engagement, but they maintained open communication about this and made the project seamless. They got new team members up to speed quickly. I’m sure this was challenging for them, but they handled it well.

Keep an open mind. When you’re working with a design company like Jacob Tyler, it’s important to give them everything they need and remain open to their ideas. Even when they propose a big change, remember that they’re the experts.

Overall Score There’s always room for improvement.
  • N/A Cost
    I’m not sure, because this was the first time we outsourced design work; we used to do it in-house.
    I’m very likely to refer them.

Branding Services for Sports Nutrition Company

“It’s a one-stop-shop, and if they don’t do it in-house, they have partners that can assist us.”

June 2017 - Ongoing

Jacob Tyler provides branding services on an ongoing basis. They’ve leveraged social media channels, Google Ads, landing pages, sales collateral, and are currently developing a new website.

Marketing Manager, Sports Nutrition Company

The team’s efforts continually yield exceptional results across the board. They always help to increase brand awareness and work diligently to ensure complete customer satisfaction. Jacob Tyler consistently contributes as a valuable partner, resource, and referral guide.

I'm the marketing manager at a sports nutrition company and am responsible for all aspects of branding, marketing and advertising efforts within the sports nutrition and everyday wellness/healthy aging markets.

For what projects/services did your company hire Jacob Tyler?

We were in search of a partner that could support us in building a stronger brand identity with consumers within the sports nutrition market. Jacob Tyler was brought on to assist with messaging and digital marketing, including videos, landing pages and paid advertising.

Our desire was to increase brand awareness with consumers and sports nutrition brands alike, by educating them on the benefits of supplementing with the scientifically-proven dose of our patented product.

My team searched online and via word-of-mouth conversations within our industry for branding agencies across the U.S. We narrowed the list of qualified contenders down to two and ultimately selected Jacob Tyler Agency, as they provided all of the services we were seeking at the time and it was a huge plus that they were based locally in San Diego.

Through a series of discovery meetings and calls, we worked in tandem to develop a branding and advertising strategy and SOW. This included messaging, creative concepts, digital tools such as videos and landing pages, social media, and paid online advertising.

The results have been very solid across the board. On Google Ads we’ve seen a 2-cent cost-per-view across our TrueView campaigns. We’ve also seen a 7-cent cost-per-click across our display campaigns; based on my knowledge and experience in the industry, these metrics are incredible.

One of the main goals of working with an agency like Jacob Tyler is to increase brand awareness. We launched our initial campaign in June 2017 to increase consumer brand awareness for our company; Jacob Tyler has been instrumental in enabling us to do so across social media, Google Ads, landing pages, sales collateral, and most recently our new website that set to be released in late September.

How did Jacob Tyler perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate very routinely via email. We have weekly status calls for both social media and account management in general, which shows how responsive their team is. We also work in their internal BaseCamp platform, which helps with a lot of the heavy files we transmit back and forth. Everyone on the team can see them, comment, and share the information.

We like that they have numerous services under one roof. It’s a one-stop-shop, and if they don’t do it in-house, they have partners that they work with that can assist with social media. For example, we just signed with their PR partner for a 90-day campaign. It’s nice to have referrals from a trusted word-of-mouth source and valued partners we can turn to.

While nothing is ever perfect, we’ve made a lot of gains, in terms of improving our collective communication skills, and sharing our input. If we, as the client have any thoughts or opinions, we’re able to come to a mutual understanding to make sure everyone is happy.

Communication is crucial. It’s important to make sure that everyone is on the same page as far as expectations. It can be a challenge for both sides to understand priorities. The routine check-in-calls we have are important, especially since we have so many projects going on at once with them; it helps us know we’re achieving our deadlines and our goals.

Branding & Website Design for Laser Tag Company

"Their team was personable and easy to work with—I valued their enthusiasm and approach."

Jacob Tyler helped rebrand a company with a new logo, website design, and overall image. They created new graphics for the platform and improved the appearance with a fresher, modern look.

General Manager, Gaming Company

The website and new brand stand out in the marketplace and have received high praise from users. The business has seen an increase in quality leads since the rebrand, as well. The Jacob Tyler team was an approachable, communicative partner and brought energy to the project.

I’m the general manager of a laser tag company that focuses on interactive entertainment with "walk-in" play, birthday parties and business to business team building events.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jacob Tyler?

We wanted to rebrand our company and give our website a fresh look. Overall, we were aiming for our messaging to be more sophisticated to attract corporate clients.

Jacob Tyler created our logo and designed our new website. They implemented plenty of graphics and art into the new platform to match our new brand image.

What is the team composition?

We have one main point of contact who organized the rest of the team.

How did you come to work with Jacob Tyler?

I interviewed several vendors I found online. The presentation from Jacob Tyler was more tangible and clear than any from other teams. Their offer made the most sense for our company.

We’ve spent in the $25,000-$49,999 range.

We worked together in 2014 and took between 4–5 months.

The logo and new design for our website are dramatically improved. It’s exciting and interactive, so users report feeling more inclined to explore the site and product. We’ve seen a definite increase in business leads and inquiries, especially for hosting birthday parties and group events.  Our platform has become recognizable and well-liked by customers. We’re amazed by the number of compliments the site receives and our business has gained a greater degree of local and even national awareness.

How did Jacob Tyler perform from a project management standpoint?

They easily managed the project. Communication between our teams was clear and simple. They were very responsive to our needs, and everything was delivered as promised.

Their team was personable and easy to work with—I valued their enthusiasm and approach. From the beginning, Jacob Tyler was energetic and ready to work on the project.

I can’t think of anything for them to improve.

Be clear in your communication. If you aren’t sure of what you want or feel strongly about an option, let them know. Make everything clear, including your budget, at the start.

Overall Score I’m very pleased.
    I received good value for my money.

Marketing Strategy & Management for Brand Investment Company

"Everyone, including the executive team, has enjoyed their insights and guidance."

n/a

Sept. 2018 - Ongoing

Jacob Tyler acts an extension of an investment company’s marketing team. The team manages and supports all marketing elements. They also perform market research and organize meetings.

Jennifer Meram
Marketing Manager & Strategist, American National Investments

Jacob Tyler’s services led to a successful partnership. They have significantly benefitted the business. Their team is trustworthy and dedicated. Jacob Tyler met expectations, delivering their best effort to the engagement. Customers can expect a creative team working with them.

I’m the marketing manager at American National Investments. We invest in a variety of brands in different industries including retail, food & beverage, and corporate hospitality. Our company functions differently than the average investment company due to the vast number of brands and properties we serve.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jacob Tyler?

Our VP of marketing recently left the company, and we needed someone who specialized in marketing. We also needed an agency to deal with media relations and interface with our internal stakeholders.

Jacob Tyler was hired to audit our marketing team, looking into how our team functions and how they could supplement us from a strategic and organizational standpoint. For the past six months, Jacob Tyler has stepped into the VP of marketing role by guiding the team, conversating with executives, and supporting all things marketing.

Jacob Tyler provides feedback on a lot of marketing plans. They’ve built out our Q1 matrix, ran through our 2019 marketing goals, spearheaded organizational meetings, and assisted with competitor analysis and market research. Their team has also dealt with HR related issues. In my experience, I’ve never seen an agency work with this unique of a scope, helping with high-level concerns as well as day-to-day organizational structure.

We’ve worked with around four people in total but mainly deal with Les (CEO & Chief Creative Officer, Jacob Tyler) and Amy (VP of Operations & Project Management, Jacob Tyler). Amy acts as our VP of marketing and works with us day-to-day, while Les comes in with strategic and creative input.

How did you come to work with Jacob Tyler?

I believe our CEO met Les at a networking event. They discussed our marketing needs and issues. Les came into the office and talked about what their team could potentially do for ours.

I would say around $100,000 or so.

We began working with Jacob Tyler in September 2018, and the engagement is ongoing. We recently hired a new senior director of marketing.

Due to the uniqueness of our partnership, it’s difficult to measure any statistics. There’s been success in the organizational structure they’ve implemented for the marketing team and from the executive level. Amy has been an integral part of our team. She’s easy to work with. Les brings fantastic ideas to the table. Everyone, including the executive team, has enjoyed their insights and guidance.  They assisted with creating brand guidelines for one of our entities, and it was well-received from the entire company. Overall, the team has enjoyed Jacob Tyler’s presence and working with them.

How did Jacob Tyler perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team helped manage our current priorities. We work with a lot of brands. Jacob Tyler’s role is to guide which priorities, brands, and initiatives come first and let our executive level know what the team is working on.

Jacob Tyler has become an extension of our team, filling in a critical role. I’ve worked with agencies in the past, and it’s difficult sometimes to fully trust someone. I can truthfully say that this isn’t an issue with Jacob Tyler’s team. It’s a fantastic feeling to believe an agency truly and know that they have your best interests in mind. I’m incredibly grateful for them.

I don’t think so. We’ve worked on something different with them. I’ve never seen an agency involved in this scope of work. Jacob Tyler did what we requested and delivered the best service.

Clients should make sure they have an idea of what they want. Our scope changed severely over the past couple of months, and their role morphed into something different. Even when you have to change a few things, make sure you understand your scope and what you’re signing up for.

A lot of the times, our executives wanted them to be there in person, but that’s not necessarily realistic.
  • N/A Cost
    I can’t begin to say how much effort and dedication they put it. They worked all hours to be accessible. Their quality of service was excellent.
    I would definitely recommend them.

Branding & Website Development for Yachting Sales Company

"Jacob Tyler’s responsiveness and transparency were the hallmarks of their service."

2005 - 2016

Jacob Tyler developed a new website and implemented a new logo to rebrand a yacht seller’s outdated image. The new branding took place on all corporate and promotional materials.

Long Beach, California
Nikki Selter
Former Advertising & Marketing Director, Stan Miller Yachts

Jacob Tyler’s take on a new brand, coupled with a stronger digital presence, was well-received by customers, creating a successful engagement. The team’s organization and enthusiasm fostered an effective partnership. They showcased an initiative to serve that makes them an ideal vendor.

I am the former advertising and marketing director for Stan Miller Yachts.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jacob Tyler?

At the time of the engagement, the company had been around for about 50 years, and it was not progressing in the way that we had hoped. We determined that our image was stale, and worked with Jacob Tyler to develop a new website and a new logo.

Jacob Tyler built a new website from scratch because we barely had one to speak of to begin with. I wrote all of the content and relied on their team to coordinate the design and the layout. They created a new logo for us and implemented it on all of our collateral and marketing materials. They also produced new advertisements and promotional items for boat shows.

I worked primarily with Les (CEO/Chief Creative Officer, Jacob Tyler), but I also coordinated with an IT director and a designer.

How did you come to work with Jacob Tyler?

A friend of mine worked with Jacob Tyler at her company and recommended them after a job well done.

We spent around $250,000.

We worked together from 2005–2016.

We had a positive response to all of our changes. Our customers were very happy with our website, and they appreciated our efforts to become more digital.

How did Jacob Tyler perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicated mainly through emails, but we also met in person a few times. The owner was always very responsive to our needs.

I had worked with other branding companies before Jacob Tyler, and none of them had the same initiative. Jacob Tyler’s responsiveness and transparency were the hallmarks of their service. Everything was structured well so that nothing fell through the cracks, which was critical with so many projects in motion at once. We also appreciated the team’s enthusiasm to take part in the project.

No, I can’t pinpoint any needs for improvement.

They always met our deadlines.
    Their work is worth the cost.
    They transformed our image from old to something polished and modern.
    I'd recommend them to anyone.

Branding for Aircraft & Aviation Systems Company

"They understand our business’ language and what our customers want, which differentiates them from other vendors."

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

Jacob Tyler provided support in defining and conveying a company’s message. They developed a comprehensive brand guide. The team currently supports a redesign project for several products and materials.

Dave Twining
COO, Planck Aerosystems

The branding process was smooth from start to finish. The deliverables are produced in accordance to project guidelines and exceed expectations. Jacob Tyler’s unique expertise in the industry makes them a valuable asset and helped secure continued work between the teams.

I’m the COO of Planck Aerosystems. We build small, unmanned aircraft systems that operate from moving vehicles. Our clients are primarily government and industrial agencies looking for security and defense applications.

What challenge were you trying to address with Jacob Tyler?

Initially, we hired Jacob Tyler to help our branding efforts. We were struggling to create a messaging strategy that targeted our customers, potential partners, and future investors effectively.

To begin the project, Jacob Tyler held an in-person discovery meeting so we could inform them about our business and overall goals. They interviewed several members of my team and our customers to glean feedback on our company’s value in the market. With this information, they formulated a formal proposal that included a set of key milestones, a budget, and schedule.

From there, they iterated several versions of a brand guide. This package included an overview of our company, our products, a positioning statement, a personality identification, and our key messages. Their team broke the approaches down into multiple categories to target more specific audiences, ranging from commercial customers to potential investors. They delivered the guide as a complete document to enable my team’s internal training efforts.

After wrapping up the messaging process, we began another project focused on product naming and other customer-facing items. They’re working on our logos, business cards, and other aspects of our visual identity.

Tom (Director of Creative Copy and Messaging, Jacob Tyler) is the lead for our projects. Marcela (Account Supervisor, Jacob Tyler) helps with the programming work. Les (CEO, Jacob Tyler) is our management contact and several others help organize meetings and answer questions.

How did you come to work with Jacob Tyler?

We used our network to find recommendations, as we wanted a team that had experience in our industry. We narrowed our list to three companies and brought them in for interviews. I liked that Jacob Tyler was local and they were the best fit for the project.

Including both projects, we’ve spent between $30,000–$35,000.

We worked together on the branding efforts from October–November 2018. The engagement is continuing with the second project.

We don’t have any external metrics, so the way we measure Jacob Tyler’s success is through deliveries. They’ve delivered everything on time and within our budget, which perfectly fulfills our expectations.

How did Jacob Tyler perform from a project management standpoint?

They manage the project well. One of the initial traits I appreciated about Jacob Tyler was their great responsiveness. They use BaseCamp to communicate and share documents between our teams. They’re always ready to take my call and solve any issue. Their division of labor is very clear, so I know who to reach out to for any of my needs.

Their experience working with industrial and government-facing companies is valuable to us. They understand our business’ language and what our customers want, which differentiates them from other vendors.

Their only limitation may be the smallness of their firm, but it works perfectly for my team and is a great fit.

Overall Score We’ve already kicked off a second project and I anticipate it won’t be the last.
    They deliver everything according to our schedule
    Their price is competitive with other companies and the end product is worth the money spent.
    The quality of their work has consistently been above our expectations.
    I would wholeheartedly recommend them.

Gold