Multidisciplinary NearshorePlus Software Teams

Silver

iTexico helps companies innovate, bring products and services to market faster by providing Multidisciplinary Software Development Teams (Agile + DevOps + Lean) under a Nearshore Plus Model, customized for our clients' digital innovation needs.

Nearshore Plus is similar to offshore, but with more benefits, businesses pair up with their teams in a country that shares the same border,  closer in proximity to the US than far shore options such as India, Ukraine, and S. America while providing cultural alignment, better communication, and IP protection through USMCA.

Nearshore Plus helps you innovate while reducing risk, saving time, and costs and convenience when traveling to meet with your teams.

Austin, TX
  • 4807 Spicewood Springs Rd, Building 2, Suite 425.
    Austin, TX 78759
  • Lopez Mateos Sur 2077-Z9
    Guadalajara, JAL 78759
  • Zapopan, JAL
  • Aguascalientes, AGU
    Mexico

We have successfully helped companies to expand the brand, enter new markets, and improve growth.

Customers Testimonials

Customers share their experience working with iTexico's IT talented teams. Also, our customers share the benefits and business impact of working under a Nearshore Plus model.

iOS, Android and .NET development for MONIN

iTexico developed applications for each mobile platform, as well as a new backend database to manage the specifications imposed by Monin.

If you want to learn more about this Project, Download the complete case study at:

Visit us for more info about our Software Development Teams with a Nearshore+ model. https://itexico.com

C.H.I. Overhead Doors Customer Hub UI/ UX

The challenge was to create a hub in which the dealers across the country could be able to receive leads from their website, build garage doors along with their customers onsite and place an order to the main factory.

This hub also gives the dealers news, articles, tutorials, tips and useful links for them to be always up to date with the C.H.I. sales strategy.

The Hub was a product design challenge that

improved the conversions for the company at the same time, it made easier for the dealers to really understand what their customers needed. It was a Design Team effort that we are really proud of!

C.H.I. Overhead Doors Customer Hub UI/ UX

The Hub was a product design challenge that

Valves Manufacturer Digital transformation

iTexico partnered with MOGAS in a business planning session to better understand the system and its functionality. Additionally, iTexico’s team visited MOGAS’ facilities and also worked with end users of the system to observe how consumers integrated the application into their daily activities. Through observation and research, iTexico was able to understand the requirements document based on their real and functional

needs.
  • iTexico implemented a customized, web-based solution in which different users, depending on their roles, can execute testing, or verify, or create the final certificate for download.
  • The app connects with other customers’ databases to link mission-critical information. The user interface was developed with simplicity in mind, further enhancing the solution.
  • The iTexico team built the web app using a mix of technologies, including C# .NET, MVC 5, Entity Framework, SQL Server, Jquery and Bootstrap.

.NET Development for Mechanical & Industrial Engineering Firm

"They're great communicators. Also, they do an excellent job keeping things on track and following up."

Aug. 2017 - Ongoing

itexico developed an app that enables the generation of test certifications and helps with other aspects of an engineering process.

Houston, Texas
Troy McDonald
CTO, MOGAS Industries

The application is user-friendly and provides better interaction than an old system. itexico goes above and beyond to meet all needs, while their exceptional project management skills helped them set the project up for success.

I'm the CTO of MOGAS Industries. We engineer products to custom orders.

What challenge were you trying to address with itexico?

We needed a vendor to develop a custom application for us.

We have to provide test certifications to our end customers for everything we produce. itexico developed an app that allows us to generate test certifications. We can use the application during the engineering and assembly process, as well as for the final document production. They mostly used .NET and SQL for development. We're also planning to use itexico to help us with biometric authentication on our time clock.

We mostly work with three of their developers.

How did you come to work with itexico?

The relationship had started before I joined the company.

We've spent about $175,000.

We started working with them in August 2017, and it's an ongoing project.

The new application is more user-friendly than our old system and has a comprehensive interface that fits better into the multiple points during the process. While productivity is about the same, usability and interaction have improved significantly.

How did itexico perform from a project management standpoint?

We have daily calls to check on the status of the project, and they use an agile methodology for project management. We also use Jira and video calls. I met them in person at the end of last year, and I felt like I knew them already because of our regular communication.

No, we've had a very positive experience.

Most of the time, everything was on target.

Web Dev and AB Testing for Storage Listings Platform

"itexico can easily adapt to changing needs. They’re willing to work with us to solve problems as they arise."

June 2017 - Ongoing

itexico built two websites and gateways to allow a storage listings platform to run AB experiments and improve conversion rates. The project is ongoing.

Austin, Texas
Engineering Partner Manager, Storage Listings Platform

The sites and gateways met all requirements. itexico delivers work using scrums, allowing for quick changes and adaptiveness if needed. Their team demonstrates a focus on customer service and a knack for creative problem-solving.

I’m the engineering partner manager for a platform that provides listings for self-storage units.

For what projects/services did your company hire itexico?

We engaged itexico to build two websites and corresponding gateways that can access microservices through a RESTful contract.

We wanted to improve our conversion rates from AB testing on our sites.

itexico’s rates matched our budget. They also demonstrated a focus on service.

The team provided coding and scum work to help us implement AB experiments.

We work with three developers and a scrum master.

Thanks to itexico’s efforts, our AB testing efforts allow us to help improve our platform’s conversion rates, adding revenue to our bottom line.

The team delivers using scrums and agile methodology, so we haven’t used long-term project management. The agile approach enables us to be more predictive and adaptable.

We’d love more consistent and accessible options for remote work.

Web Development for Health Tech Manufacturing Company

“They have excellent developers who helped us hit our milestones ... .”

2018 - Ongoing

Working alongside an in-house team, iTexico helped develop a web-based user interface and a SQL backend for an embedded system.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
CTO, Health Tech Manufacturing Company

iTexico played a large role in speeding up the process and moving the project into a deployment phase. Their ability to provide all the necessary resources and quickly become part of an in-house team made them a reliable partner.

I'm the CTO at a health tech manufacturing company. We make mobile workstations that are used in acute care facilities mostly by nurses.

What challenge were you trying to address with iTexico?

We have a lot of projects going on at the same time, but we don't have enough resources to handle all of them. We were looking for a development team to work alongside our in-house team.

We're essentially an embedded system. Our core product is an SQL backend, while our user interface is web-based. iTexico primarily works on frontend development, but they've also helped us with our backend.

We mostly work with two members of their team.

How did you come to work with iTexico?

I had a previous business relationship with Phil (Director of Business Development, iTexico). We looked the resources they had available and decided they were a good fit for us.

We've spent between $100,000–$250,000.

We started working with them in 2018, and the relationship is ongoing.

It was a very collaborative process, and they worked closely with our in-house team as well as some other remote resources. They have excellent developers who helped us hit our milestones and move into a deployment phase.

How did iTexico perform from a project management standpoint?

We use Slack internally, so they joined our channel. They also took part in our scrum boards. We're used to dealing with remote resources (they're based in Mexico), so we didn’t have any issues with communication.

They were in constant communication with us and quickly integrated into our team. They gave us a senior and a junior developer, which worked out very well.

I can't think of anything. They have a strong team.

Multiple Developments for for Sports Nutrition Company

“They orient around a long-term relationship and are a reliable asset.”

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

itexico is an IT partner for a sports nutrition firm. After earlier success with the CEO at another company, they’re building a portal to help with customer billing, POS, distribution, and product development.

Austin, Texas
VP of Information Technology, Nutrabolt

itexico’s work at the previous company won awards and made a significant difference across all daily operations. They are a communicative, flexible partner that always remains focused on the task at hand. They deliver consistently good work and are quick to adapt.

I currently work for the number one privately held sports nutrition company in the world. We distribute pre- and post-workout sports nutrition products to all countries. I’m the vice president of information technology.

What challenge were you trying to address with itexico?

We’ve used them for multiple projects at two companies, but the main drive of each product and portal we work on together is to improve our customers’ user experience.

Prior to this position, I worked for a large garage door manufacturer. We worked with itexico to build an iPad app and customer portal to help customers get the information they needed. When I switched companies, I brought them with me to work on similar issues. Customers had difficulty paying their bills online or looking up prior invoices or purchase orders. We worked with them to improve communication with our customers on both the distribution side and our direct sales.

We’re currently building a portal that will improve the point of sale process. The new portal will come with a touchscreen monitor that allows customers to review products and make selections based on their individual needs. We’re also working with them on a bill of materials program to improve the cost model with our contract manufacturers.

Other projects include improvements to our new product releases, customer surveys for more relevant products to develop, work on our Shopify platforms to help our frontend developers, and tradeshow simulations for beverage distribution. We’ve essentially eliminated our web development team in favor of itexico, and they support Java, .NET, Xamarin, iOS, Android, Ruby on Rails, and a number of other technologies.

I currently work with a team of 14–15 people across various projects, but the team size varied over my relationship with them.

How did you come to work with itexico?

I was looking for a nearshore provider in 2010 and interviewed several companies. itexico was very small at the time, but they were efficient and professional. I worked with them on a daily basis, and, as I mentioned, I brought them with me when I changed companies.

We spent about $800,000 with them at my last company. Between all the projects we have lined up, we will likely spend between $600,000–$800,000 here.

We started working together at the other company around 2010. They were very small in the beginning, but we ramped up with them until they became a part of our IT department. When I changed companies, they joined me here in October 2018. The project is ongoing, and we hope to launch in March 2019.

At the last company, we won awards for the development they provided. They made a significant difference to our purchasing, product development, sales department, and customer relations. We started small, with only a few people using it, and it eventually became the main function of the entire company. Ultimately, we had 8,000 customer logins every day. We haven’t launched the new product at this company yet, but we hope that it will become as integral here.

How did itexico perform from a project management standpoint?

I’m very pleased with their communication. We use Jira for a ticketing system, and they’re happy to communicate through any channel that works for us. We used Skype at my previous company, but we switched to Glip here. We have a daily scrum call, and they’re very adaptive.

They always deliver on time and are very good about noting anything out of scope. We can change timelines or move things to different phases, and they always stay focused and deliver.

They are a bona fide partner, and we consider them a part of our IT team. I can go to their offices in Guadalajara and work with them, or I can bring them to me. They orient around a long-term relationship and are a reliable asset.

No, not really. They have a customer council each year, and they invite customer input on things they could improve. Year over year, they take those suggestions to heart and make changes. They fix whatever we bring up.

Overall Score They treat me better than any other vendor I've worked with.
    They're always on time.
    Other companies don't even come close to their rates.
    They deliver on their promises.
    I brought them with me when I changed companies.

Staff Augmentation for Software Dev Company

“They've got a great team of talented people.”

2014 - Ongoing

itexico provides staff augmentation solutions for software projects, offering a variety of specialized skills sets in frameworks that include .NET, SQL, jQery, Anjular, and others.

Dallas, Texas
CEO, Genesis Path

itexico continues to enable the business to thrive and deliver high quality technology and business projects that meet a range of client needs. Organized, professional, and talented in their field, their team is great to work with and highly recommended.

I'm the CEO of Genesis Path, Inc., a software development company.

What challenge were you trying to address with itexico?

We were looking for a vendor that could help us with staff augmentation for various software projects for clients.

itexico provides developers for client projects based on specific software needs. They work on many different frameworks, including .NET, SQL, jQery, and Anjular.

Over the course of different projects, we've worked with about 20 developers.

How did you come to work with itexico?

We found them through our search for vendors in North and Central America. We ultimately chose to work with them because they were able to offer multiple skill sets, allowing us to meet specific software needs of clients as needed.

We started working with them in 2014 and they continue to work on various projects for us.

They've successfully enabled us to deliver high quality technology and business projects to our customers at a reasonable price.

How did itexico perform from a project management standpoint?

Although we tend to use our own project management teams for most projects, itexico does have an excellent project management team as well that helps oversee the different teams and projects. We use a suite of tools for communications for project tracking, time keeping, and task management.

Overall, they're highly professional and adept in their field of work. They've got a great team of talented people.

I just highly recommend them.

Staff Augmentation for Digital Agency

“I was predisposed to dismiss them, but I found value that I hadn’t expected.”

April 2016 - Ongoing

iTexico augments the team of a digital advertising technology company. They first worked on a project basis, and now support design and frontend work, primarily using Amazon Web Services.

Denver, Colorado
VP Engineering, Mediashift Technologies Inc

The design team and frontend development team are excellent and can handle user interface/user experience work, basic applications, and low-volume data with ease. Though they require some work before they can handle higher-volume backend projects, they are well organized and add value to the team.

I’m the vice president of engineering for a digital advertising technology company.

What challenge were you trying to address with iTexico?

We were a reasonably funded startup without any resources. We saw an opportunity to close the gap on our resource needs. Initially, it was short-term, but they’re rapidly becoming a long-term element of our plans.

Initially, a lot of the work was .NET Windows Web Services in the Microsoft stack. Subsequently, we moved away from that and we’re working with a more general web stack, Java NodeJS, Angular, and we settled on Amazon Web Services. We use a lot of S3 Buckets. We use Java, Redshift, and Dynamo.

Our relationship was initially a project based one. Subsequently, I converted it to staff augmentation. I defined the need for developing the team. We have 12 in the team now. Most of them are full time and a couple are part-time.

How did you come to work with iTexico?

Our COO [Chief Operating Officer] had previously worked with them at previous organization. He had selected them to redo some code and other elements. I inherited that relationship. I wasn’t sure if I was interested or not, or if I liked the work they’d done. The problem was that the ask was unclear. We restructured the relationship and the ask. Since then things have been pretty good.

We started working together in April 2016.

They have a world-class design team. I’ve worked with a number of design teams across the world and I’d say they’re right up there. In terms of their capacity as a software shop, if it's frontend, UI/UX [user interface/user experience], mobile, basic applications, or relatively low volume data, they’re perfectly adequate and could probably service your entire needs.

If you have very large, very high-volume transactions, very large data issues, then they’re probably not up to the job. Although, by the time our company is finished with them, they might be. At the moment, it’s a collaborative effort between their frontend developers and our onboard backend developers.

How did iTexico perform from a project management standpoint?

We use The Atlassian Stack for ticketing. It works very well. Our original project had project managers. When I restructured, I took that away. We primarily manage the project from here. It’s not because they weren’t capable, but because the complexity around our product offering is such that it was beyond the reasonable capacity of a non-full-time employee.

I was predisposed to dismiss them, but I found value that I hadn’t expected. The language barrier is not nearly as insurmountable as people might guess. They speak remarkably good English. The people working in iTexico understand our business’ issues well.

I think they’re encouraged to avoid saying no, and yet that should be an important part of expectation management. I always make a big deal out of making sure they should tell me no because if it comes up later, I’m going to be really upset. They need to include no in their vocabulary.

Do you have any advice for potential clients of iTexico?

The idea of having people that are working in the same time zone, but for considerably less than those which would be in the U.S. is extraordinarily appealing. The advantages being close is that one gets more out of one’s staff if one spends time with them and learns about them. Taking a quick flight to Mexico is very easy and could even be a day trip. I go down on a regular basis and spend time with the team there. This produces high productivity.

Staff Augmentation for Software & IT Consulting Firm

"I couldn’t ask for a better group of people to be part of our team."

2013 - Ongoing

iTexico supplies near-shore outsourcing for software development, testing, and support, allocating up to 12 resources to improve product quality and shorten delivery timelines.

Dallas, Texas
CEO, IT Consulting Firm

Since iTexico joined the internal team, third-party clients reported increased satisfaction due to improved responsiveness and rapid problem-solving. Their collaborative focus, attentive project management, and flexible workflow continue to boost efficiency.

I am the CEO of a software and business consulting company.

What business challenge were you trying to address with iTexico?

We needed to find a way to augment our software development teams. We were looking for a robust partner that had access to personnel with a wide set of skills.

We’ve had iTexico’s developers work on a lot of different projects. Resource numbers range from a few people to a dozen. We primarily use .NET, SQL, Angular, and Knockout. We’ve also done projects with their staff in PHP and different UNIX database platforms.

How did you come to work with iTexico?

We’d tried outsourcing once before, and it did not go well. I swore I would never do it again. A friend of mine was an executive at a high-level financial company. He recommended that I reach out to iTexico and look into their capabilities.

We chose iTexico over other companies because they were a near-shore opportunity, located in our time zone with no language barrier. They speak English very well. They were also well-aligned with what we do. iTexico has a large resource base with a diverse set of business, technical, and analytical skills.

We’ve spent a lot… and it was worth every penny.

We started working with them in 2013 and have been partners since.

For the team leads, having iTexico on board is a huge benefit. They’re very professional and easy to work with. From a personal standpoint, I couldn’t ask for a better group of people to be part of our team. That spills over to increased client happiness because they’re so responsive. If somebody has an idea for an enhancement or a tweak, they’ll jump right on it. Even if a customer has a difficult request, iTexico has been really good about helping us achieve that goal.

How did iTexico perform from a project management standpoint?

They have a project management team and a testing team in place, among others. We use our own project management, but they use another system with most of their other customers. Because we’re an IT company too, we’ve already got an infrastructure in place. We use our own ticketing system, and they were willing to use that to manage the teams.

What distinguishes iTexico from other providers?

We’ve been working with them for a long time and interacted with everyone from the front-line staff to the managing partners. Everyone has shown us repeatedly how committed they are to helping us and our clients succeed. iTexico really cares about their customers, and they’ve proven it again and again. Sometimes, we need people on short notice to help us with an urgent fix or change. Without fail, iTexico has always been there to support us when we needed them.

Is there anything iTexico could have improved or done differently?

No. If you offered me $100,000 to come up with something that they could improve, I still couldn’t think of a single thing that they could do better.

Overall Score They are great to work with.
    Their teams communicate clearly. In our line of work, problems come up from time to time, but they’ve always kept us up to date so that we can adapt.
    They consistently help us define, scope, and take a development effort from concept to delivery.
    If anyone isn’t sure whether they want to augment their staff, try iTexico. You won’t regret it.

App Dev for Cybersecurity Company

"iTexico is willing to invest in our relationship."

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

Sept. 2014 - Ongoing

iTexico provides scalable engineering resources for expediting product releases, applying multiple technologies across web development and business automation initiatives in an outsourced engagement.

Waltham, Massachusetts
Director of Quality Engineering, Cybersecurity Company

Through iTexico’s expert assistance, in-house developers have the freedom to focus on higher-level tasks, allowing all releases to procced in a cost- and time-efficient manner. The team’s broad expertise, responsiveness to feedback, and ongoing training processes continue to impress.

I’m the senior director of quality engineering at a software company focused on end-point cybersecurity.

What challenge were you trying to address with iTexico?

They provide high-quality engineers to help us release products faster.

They’ve done web development for 1 of our portals, and we recently engaged them for business automation. We’ve had anywhere from 3–10 resources from iTexico working on our projects. We are currently adding 5 more, so there will be a total of 15 people working with us. They have used JavaScript framework, Python, and Shell scripting for automation.

How did you come to work with iTexico?

The engagement started before I was here. I know someone from our company in the Austin area met them at a conference. We appreciate their startup feel. They’re very passionate, and their service is personal. They match the speed at which we’re trying to move as a company.

How much have you invested with iTexico?

We have spent over $1 million on our current project.

The engagement that I’m part of now has been going on for 2 years. We started this project in June 2015. The previous engagement involving web development was in September 2014.

The web development piece gave our developers the freedom to focus on other areas of our business while making sure the UI is in good hands. We were able to ship the first major release of the product on time, without optimizing anything internally. That helped the company tremendously from a resource-management perspective.

We have multiple customer-facing products now. For 1 of the products, part of the iTexico team handles all the hot fixes and patches. Currently, we put out a hot fix or patch every 2 or 3 weeks. The work has been perfectly on target, on time, and well managed. We’ve had no problems. One of the hard things about measuring quality is that as long as we don’t have issues, we know we’re good. I can’t put an absolute measure on our results. Not having issues is how we measure that everything is going well.

How did iTexico perform from a project management standpoint?

Since we’re a security company, we use our own tools to make sure everything is locked down on our side. We worked with iTexico for 2 main products. For the first product, we’re actually embedding their team members within our own team. Together, they’re using our project management systems—JIRA, Confluence, etc. For the second model, we actually hired a project manager to make sure that we stay on top of things.

What did you find most impressive about iTexico?

This is probably the third company I’ve worked with in the past 4 or 5 years. One of the most impressive things is the quality of the people to whom we’re assigned. They’re responsive to any feedback we give. They immediately get on top of things and fix any issues we have. They provide a tremendous amount of training for their team, which is more than what we can do for our teams. Sometimes, they’re even ahead of us when it comes to training and certifications. iTexico is willing to invest in our relationship, which makes it easy for us to continue together.

Are there any areas iTexico could improve?

Other providers offer an internship engagement where they would provide a service as a “try it before you buy it” deal. I don’t think iTexico is at that maturity level, but I’d be interested to see if they could bring young people who could work with us in that manner. Of course, these resources require a lot of management, and that commitment would be helpful.

Overall Score We had a couple of hiccups, which I expected, as nobody is perfect.
    This is software, so we can’t always meet the deadlines. They’ve been doing a great job with scheduling under the circumstances.
    They’re definitely cheaper than U.S.-based vendors but still deliver a high level of quality. Also, the cost of hiring more people is too much for us as a company. This relationship opens up another pool of talent for us.
    Everything they manage for us has finished on time. Their commitment to the work has been superb.
    I’ve recommended them a couple of times already, depending on the type of service. I’ve referred them internally as well.

Silver