IT Svit - Superior Solutions For Your Ideas

More than a decade ago, back in 2005, IT Svit made its first steps as a service provider for businesses of all sizes, specializing in system configuration and Linux administration. With time our team and skill set grew, opening new horizons and allowing to engage in delivering various IT solutions.

12 years later IT Svit is among the leading Ukrainian IT companies, according to Clutch Leader Matrix. We have proven our worth both as an IT service provider and as an IT solutions integrator for businesses and organizations of all sizes, from startups to established enterprises.

IT Svit offers the following services:

• Cloud transition for startups, small-to-medium business and enterprises,
  • Enabling DevOps approach to infrastructure management and software delivery,
  • Implementing Big Data storage, processing and analytics,
  • Deploying various Machine Learning models,
  • Integrating AI-powered systems to help your business thrive,
  • Web design, development and consulting,
  • QA and testing of software products,
  • Linux administration and system configuration,
  • Startup consulting, audit, scaling, promotion and development.

We are always ready to help with turning your ideas into successful business projects or optimizing the existing business operations to provide maximum efficiency and ROI. Contact us and let’s have a chat!

2005
Kharkiv, Ukraine
  • IT Svit
    Kosmichna St, 21
    Kharkiv 61000
    Ukraine
    380.57.752.87.42

Python & Angular J.S Dev for Travel Web App

"They’ve been able to collaborate really successfully with us to get things accomplished."

Oct. 2016 - Ongoing

IT SVIT is developing the frontend and backend for a travel website and trip-planning portal, using Python and AngularJS. They’ve done content and technical writing and automation and will perform testing.

Seattle, Washington
Owner, Agency

Their thoughtful approach and willingness to question norms enables them to deliver cost-effective, custom solutions. They deftly overcome the challenges of work across time zones and language barriers to clearly grasp desired outcomes, from initial creative concept to functionality details.

I run an agency in Seattle, along with a couple other startups. We’re working on many different types of projects.

What challenge were you trying to address with IT SVIT?

We needed help building our travel website. My other business partner and I were also developing a trip planning web portal. It helps optimize future travel routes and focuses on feedback and ratings for those trips.

They’re building the entire travel website, along with the software development to support it. They’re using Python and the frontend will use AngularJS. They are developing it in a way that allows people to give legitimate feedback and have a check-in system.

They are also doing some content and technical writing for us, along with some automation.

I only work with Paul [Product Manager, IT SVIT.], because we have a longer-standing relationship. The team includes a frontend developer, Python developer, content writer, and a technical writer, but Paul’s my point of contact. His English is fantastic. We’ve gotten to be pretty good friends as well. Other contractors have been much more formal. With Paul, we discuss things, and he consults with the team, but it’s a little bit more informal.

I’ve worked with Paul for probably about a year and a half or so. He does a lot of custom coding for me. They’ve got a really good team there and do great development work. I’ve had Paul specifically work on a lot of different projects for me as well as the larger team..

How did you come to work with IT SVIT?

About a year and a half ago, I posted on Upwork in search of a custom WordPress developer. We’ve got WordPress people in-house, but I wanted someone that was more cost-effective and a little more technically minded. Paul then reached out to me via our agency website. We had a one-on-one conversation and bypassed the Upwork process. He displayed great initiative, and we hit it off immediately. That was before he worked for IT SVIT.

Initially I talked to a lot of people. I have a massive network, and I’m always re-evaluating who’s doing work for me. For this project specifically, I chose them because they’ve got access to things that I typically don’t for the price, and because they do great work.

We started working together in October or November 2016. We’re still developing this product, deciding on our marketing strategy, and pitching it to various investors. It’s not particularly disruptive to the market, so getting it out there quickly isn’t a high priority. We’re looking at starting with a soft launch.

There will be a lot of ongoing development needed, and no matter what, I’ll keep them involved through launch and after. There will be data testing, etc., moving forward.

Communication is the most important thing. Anyone with the right technical training can develop something, but the success of that development depends on communication. How the team understands not only the creative direction, but also the concept itself and the necessary functionality, is really important. And of course, it’s important that they can actually deliver it.

IT SVIT’s communication is on point. They follow direction well, and any time they don’t agree, we discuss it and take their feedback seriously. They’ve been able to collaborate really successfully with us to get things accomplished.

How did IT SVIT perform from a project management standpoint?

One of the biggest challenges with the many agencies and teams I’ve worked with has been truly getting my desired outcomes across. This is even harder when working remotely with a language barrier. When it comes to those things, Paul and the team are solid. They really do know what they’re doing.

I typically do a lot of project management myself for clients, so Paul and I collaborated on that too. Our relationship enables us to be transparent and even blunt at times, which makes projects move a little faster.

We usually communicate over Skype. His day is my night and vice versa, but we manage to speak every single morning and evening when we are in the midst of projects.

I am impressed with how differently they approach challenges, compared to a lot of development and marketing vendors in the U.S. A lot of them develop a particular model and then sell a scalable version of it over and over. What makes IT SVIT different is how nimble they are at creating solutions, seemingly out of nothing. They ask why things are done a certain way and look for better, cheaper, and more efficient ways to do them.

I really value that creativity. My fine arts background makes me ask the hows and whys as well. IT SVIT represents that in terms of development.

Even though they are so great at communication and scheduling and Paul and I work together so well, sometimes there is a language barrier, or rather, a semantics barrier. Paul has taken English classes, and his English has gotten 10 times better. They are constantly working on that, and it’s hard to criticize them in light of their geographical, socioeconomic, and political context.

Do you have any advice for potential clients?

It depends on the company and what they are looking for, but I would say be transparent and direct, including about the details of the project. Until you know what you want for things like UI and functionality, don’t start the conversation with a developer. Giving them a blank canvas to work with won’t result in satisfaction with the end product.

Overall Score There’s always room for improvement in terms of language issues and visual elements. Given the parameters they're operating under I'd give them a 5.
    They did well, considering they had to work with moving targets from my side.
    Cost is one of the main reasons I’m working with them.
    My background is brand development and visuals, so I’m extremely OCD and strive for perfection in terms of visuals. They have a bit more to learn there, but they take great direction.
    I’ve already referred them to people.

Multiple Projects for Web Dev Company

“In several cases, they went the extra mile to make sure that they satisfied our requirements.”

Apr. - Oct. 2017

IT Svit provided an internal dev team for two projects: building a new WordPress website and providing resources to build a custom ExtJS app.They also assisted with content writing, branding, and UI design.

11- 50 Employees

President, Software Development Company

IT Svit provided proactive and efficient project management. They had an in-depth onboarding process that allowed them to add enhanced features outside the original scope, which contributed to the success of their projects. Not surprisingly, the CRM solution was well received by the client.

I am the president of an IT company specializing in software development, specifically MS Dynamics CRM [customer relationship management] systems. We have several developers on the team, which is based in New York.

What challenge were you trying to address with IT Svit?

One of our clients wanted to rebuild an old system with custom UI and coding, so I needed a dedicated developer who I would work with directly. However, we didn’t have enough internal resources.

IT Svit helped us with 2 projects. The first was creating a website, which they built from scratch. Initially, I described the pages and information that I wanted to show on the website, as well as our target audience. They also asked me to fill out a questionnaire with links and ideas for the site. After some time, they provided us with UI [user interface] mockups. Once we agreed on the UI, they started development.

The website was built on WordPress in PHP and JavaScript, using a MySQL database. They designed custom UI templates for WordPress, to make it more unique. A writer also helped me define the content and its overall structure. For example, they helped me identify the places where could I put my own text.

After I described what I wanted in a logo and the impressions that I wanted to get, they provided me with several examples. The designer provided multiple variations and we discussed and corrected them until I was satisfied. For graphics, they mostly used Photoshop. They also created an animation for the logo.

For the second project, a dedicated developer worked using JavaScript, ExtJS for Microsoft Dynamics CRM. There was some minor C# coding.

About 5 people were assigned to the website. Our main contacts were the QA person and the project manager. I also worked with a designer, a WordPress developer, and a content writer. They brought on other developers as needed. This project was completed with minimal involvement on our part.

For the second project, we requested access to a dedicated developer and worked with him directly.

How did you come to work with IT Svit?

I learned about them from the Internet. I also found out that someone I know works there, so I was able to get more details.

We paid less than $50,000 for their services.

The website project started in April 2017, but the dedicated developer started a little earlier. They completed their part within 6 months, and they will help us with marketing in the future.

The website hasn’t launched yet, but we’ve deployed the second project. Our clients have used it and liked it.

IT Svit delivered within the agreed schedule and budget. In several cases, they went the extra mile to make sure that they satisfied our requirements. For example, I mentioned that our software needed to be able to work on mobile phones, and they made it happen.

How did IT Svit perform from a project management standpoint?

They performed well on project management. I spoke with the project manager about twice a week, and I knew who to talk to when I had any questions. They sent me regular updates, so I always knew what they had installed. It was nice.

They published the results of their design work online using a special tool on the web and I could choose what I liked and add comments and suggestions. Afterward, their designer made adjustments based on my feedback. Upon request, IT SVIT gives access to communicate directly to any person on the team who works on a project even if it is a turn-key project.

I was impressed with the overall quality of their work. I checked and I had nothing to complain about. They also did some extra work. For example, I didn’t ask for an animated logo, but they put it in there and I loved it. It seems like they do care about the project and not thinking about finishing and billing the client.

They are good, but there is no limit to perfection! In the future, I will need a good full-time C# resource. As of now, they don’t have that type of resource but they expressed willingness to find any type of resource for my next project.

Do you have any advice for potential clients?

Just go for it. I would advise paying attention to what they ask during the initial phases of the project. In my case, I had to answer many questions in a questionnaire and it's a good thing that I did because I understood better what I exactly needed. Just follow their process.

Overall Score They’re a great partner that you can rely on.
    The work was done on schedule. We had a time difference of more than 6 hours, but they know how to schedule work and meetings efficiently.
    The cost is very reasonable. You pay for the quality.
    The overall quality was higher than what I expected.
    We would definitely refer them to others.

IT Support for Cloud Hosting Company

"They have confidence in their skills, and they know what I’m asking."

May 2016 - Ongoing

IT Svit provides subcontracted resources to support diverse tasks related to managing virtual private servers and developing Linux software solutions. The team scales from 1–7 members as needed.

Sydney, Australia
Cristian Iconomu
Director, Preterion

Given their successful track record and wide skill set, IT Svit now handles all tasks internally, from full-scale projects to complex technical portions. Their integrity, responsiveness, and compelling price point continue to promote a productive partnership.

Preterion is an IT service-management provider. We are aimed at small to medium-sized businesses that want to migrate to the cloud but don’t want to spend large budgets on solutions like Microsoft’s commercial products. We come up with different solutions based on open-source technology, and not only implement but also support them in the long-term. I am the director of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with IT Svit?

We have various needs in the space of managing and maintaining virtual private servers and developing Linux DevOps software. We don’t have all the required skills internally, so it’s always difficult to find a right fit. IT Svit has a wide range of skills, making it easier for us to assign full projects.

IT Svit has provided maintenance work for virtual private servers, software upgrades and fixes, as well as development for PHP web tools. We have used between one and seven resources from IT Svit. I only deal with Vladimir, the owner of the business. I provide briefs and explain our projects, then he will assign resources as he sees fit.

One of our projects involved fixes and new-feature development for a CRM [customer relationship management] system. We’ve also done some upgrades and changes to a Perl web-based app with a MySQL backend. At one point, we had some issues with its database and asked IT Svit to find out what was going on and fix it.

How did you come to work with IT Svit?

We constantly search on Upwork, Freelancer, and Fiverr for people or teams with the skill sets we need. This is how we found IT Svit.

How much have you invested with IT Svit?

The cost of IT Svit’s work has been between $2,000 and $4,000.

We started working with IT Svit in May of 2016. We’ve integrated IT Svit into our ticketing system, and it looks like we’ll have an ongoing relationship. They cover all the areas where we’re missing skills and also have the right attitude.

My ticketing system is tracking all of the tasks we’re giving IT Svit automatically. We assign time-based targets and receive notifications if they are not met. I had a nice surprise in our work with IT Svit, three or four months ago: I gave them quite a complex task consisting of an upgrade and fix for a web-based app, and it took longer than it should have because of some past changes we’d made to the app. I found that IT Svit didn’t charge us for the full time, and I had to insist that we pay them the full amount.

How did IT Svit perform from a project management standpoint?

I usually run these projects with my team. We have a project manager on their side who ensures that all tasks are done on time and within budget. We assign IT Svit either full projects or portions and don’t have to chase them or manage the tasks. IT Svit handles all the work internally, and we receive a final product.

What did you find most impressive about IT Svit?

Beyond their skill sets, we appreciate the way in which IT Svit uses them. For example, I could give them a task which required ample MySQL database programming and PHP knowledge, but I may not be aware that it also requires CSS coding. IT Svit would allocate the necessary people internally, without asking too many questions from me. They have confidence in their skills, and they know what I’m asking. That’s is why I keep going back to IT Svit.

Are there any areas IT Svit could improve?

From my standpoint, whatever I’ve needed has been delivered. So far, even in instances when IT Svit didn’t get enough information from me or when the software had unknown areas for both our sides, they did the research, got on with the job, and delivered.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with IT Svit?

My only advice for IT Svit would be to keep doing what they’re doing and look at expanding. What they do is good, so they could easily increase the operation.

Overall Score I have no complaints.
    They always delivered on time.
    The pricing is very good.
    I haven’t had any issues with IT Svit’s work.
    I’ve already referred IT Svit to a couple of colleagues.

Web Dev for Software Company

"IT Svit has the right resources and they also have good communication."

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

Two assigned resources from IT Svit aid in the development of an enterprise web CMS. Additionally, they’ve handled AWS setup and continue to provide their services on an ongoing basis.

11- 50 Employees

München, Germany
Masiar Ighani
Senior Software Developer, skillbyte GmbH

IT Svit is knowledgeable and diligent, successfully implementing a complex CMS on time. Their team is always available for solving any unexpected server issues and is proactive in providing feedback and daily updates. Unlike previous vendors, they excel in English communication.

We are a small software company mainly involved in developing solutions for mid-sized and large companies.

What challenge were you trying to address with IT Svit?

It is rather difficult to find good developers in Germany, so I reached out to the Ukraine market for a larger project on which we needed DevOps specialists.

We are developing an enterprise web CMS [content management system] for a large customer specialized in spare parts retail. IT Svit has provided resources for the operations part of the project. We are working with one technician and one project manager from their side, who have been responsible for setting up Amazon Web Services servers and running cluster software like Docker.

How did you come to work with IT Svit?

I found IT Svit on Elance and talked to Vladimir, one of their project managers. They made a good impression, so we gave them a try. I had worked with two other vendors in the past but they did not understand my requirements. The first person I used had very bad English, so everything needed to be translated through a third party. It was simply not working out. On the second attempt, the guy took a lot of time to understand what I was asking for, compared to our resource from IT Svit, who was very fast and could work many things out himself without my intervention.

How much have you invested with IT Svit?

The cost of IT Svit’s work has been around $12,000.

We started working with IT Svit in mid-January 2017, and the project is ongoing.

This was my third attempt to find a company which could fulfill my requirements, and I’ve been very satisfied with IT Svit. Our technician is extremely qualified for the job. He knows the technology, works fast, and I can communicate with him well in English. I’m very happy to have found IT Svit.

How did IT Svit perform from a project management standpoint?

Our main communication is done over Skype, and I like the fact that both resources from IT Svit are available all the time. I can write at any moment, and receive immediate feedback. This is important to me because if we ever have server issues, the communication must be fast. Our project manager provides a daily update, looking to see if I am satisfied.

What did you find most impressive about IT Svit?

Skills are most important for me. We’re working with a new technology and it’s hard to find people with experience. IT Svit has the right resources and they also have good communication. I’ve had many bad experiences in the past.

Are there any areas IT Svit could improve?

Our collaboration has been too short to say, but from my point of view, there isn’t anything I can criticize.

If I were to recommend IT Svit to anyone else, that client could potentially block their resources so they couldn’t work for me anymore. To be fair, I would recommend IT Svit without even thinking about it.

I can only judge what I’ve seen from experience, but I can’t say anything negative about IT Svit. Everything is running on schedule, and they deliver what we agree upon.
    Resources in this area are very rare, and when we do find them, they’re very expensive. I’m very happy with the cost/value factor.
    The CMS we’ve implemented is very complex, but IT Svit’s team understood everything from the first time we showed it to them.
    I am very satisfied in all areas, and have no reason not to recommend IT Svit.

Software Dev for Search Engine

"IT Svit was flexible and adapted well to changes."

Aug. 2015 - Ongoing

IT Svit developed software for a search engine, they built the software off of basic design and specifications. Additionally, they provided PR services.

Ophemert, Netherlands
CEO, Search Engine Provider

The pre-launch feedback was positive; the performance of the search engine platform increased considerably. IT Svit is celebrated for their ability to achieve results and to adjust quickly to changes.

I am the CEO of Toweya Corporation, a search engine provider.

What challenge were you trying to address with IT Svit?

We needed to build a service for online searches.

We had a list of specifications for our project. IT Svit provided software development for our company and we are currently working with four of their developers. Aside from using big data modeling technologies for predictive analysis, we also have message processing capabilities on the frontend. IT Svit also provided some public relations services.

How did you come to work with IT Svit?

We found IT Svit online while looking for solutions providers. We considered one other developer in The Netherlands. After some research, I found that Kharkiv, Ukraine is a city full of highly-educated people. It's a university city with around 300,000 students, most of them related to the IT field. The area also provides very competitive tariffs, compared to countries in the EU.

How much have you invested with IT Svit?

The cost of IT Svit's work has been above $100,000 and under $1,000,000.

We started working with IT Svit in August 2015. We completed development one month ago, and we are now in the pre-launch phase.

The feedback we've collected pre-launch has been very positive. The solution is different and easy to use. We are a search engine ourselves, so we don't aim to gain good SEO [search engine optimization] with competitors' engines. In general, the performance of our platform has been increased substantially.

How did IT Svit perform from a project management standpoint?

The project management was handled by myself and my company. IT Svit was flexible and adapted well to changes in the specifications. We communicated both remotely and in person when I visited their offices. We used Viber, Skype, email, and videoconferencing tools.

What did you find most impressive about IT Svit?

The most impressive thing about IT Svit is their dedication to achieving results.

Are there any areas IT Svit could improve?

There is always something to improve. In regards to project management, IT Svit has shown that they can improve over the last 1 ½ years. We've gone on a journey together in order to learn about new technologies, including theoretical mathematics. IT Svit has adjusted quickly and found resources for our work.

Clients shouldn't think that everything will happen by itself with outsourcing or remote work. The most important thing is to have good, detailed specifications.

IT Svit has put in every effort possible to meet our deadlines. Any shifts have been because of changing specifications on our end.
    There's always room for improvement, but I'm satisfied with IT Svit.
    I've already done it. IT Svit has started a project with a friend of mine.