Pro-Active IT Solutions to Protect your Business

IT Risk Managers LLC provides proactive IT support and IT Managed Services to insure systems are available and ready to meet the needs of today's businesses 24/7

Our services are an extension of your business and they include:

• 24/7 Network Operations Center that keep your servers secure and up to date
  • 24 Hour Help Desk Team that provides support and remediation of computer issues
  • CIO Services and project managers that help align IT with the business
  • Data replication to the cloud and data recovery in the event of a disaster
  • Security solutions that keep your systems spam, virus free and secure from outside intruders

IT Risk Managers LLC provides project and support services to help IT Directors meet the needs of the business

Through a combination of on-site and remote network services we insure projects are delivered on time using best practices

IT & Networking Services, Engineering & Project support:

Routing, Switching, Security, Cisco Nexus line, Barracuda, Virtualization, Hyper-Convergence, VMware, Site Recovery, OPS Manager, Horizon, SANs, NAS, Backup, DR, EMC Partner, Windows, Exchange, AD, Office 365, Wide Area Networking, Failover & Redundancy Solutions, Wireless Networking Solutions

We provide physical network infrastructure services:

Infrastructure Services & Cabling Solutions, Category 6 Network Cabling, Fiber Optic, Data Centers Wireless Communications, Data Networks, Programmable Logical Controller Networks, Scanners, RFID networks, Access Control Systems, Doors, gates, fobs, swipes, readers, Telephone Entry, Emergency Phones, Emergency Notification Systems, Video Surveillance Solutions,Security Systems, Access Control

Email [email protected] or call 630.918.7370 for more information.

2007
Oakbrook Terrace, IL
  • Two Mid America Plaza Suite 800
    Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181-4746

Our Engineering Team

Our engineering team has years of experience. We specialize in Network Engineering, including routing and switching, security and disaster recovery, wide area networking. We also have a storage practice with SAN and backup engineers, server experts and hyper-convergence solutions.

Network and Help Desk team

Our network and help desk team are available 24/7 to make sure your systems are available and working correctly. Our Networking Operating Center constantly monitors your systems for issues and problems. Our on-site people are available for immediate support in the event of issues.

This is Rick Bolda our CEO in a video produced by the Illinois Manufacturing Association disucssing IT and business. There is some good info in the video.

IT Risk Managers Family of Services

Our team has years of deployment experiences with technologies that drive efficiency and bring value to your business!

Video Surveillance and Camera Systems

Having the right Camera solution in place protects your people, assets, and resources. Look to IP Vidoe Surveillance Solutions from IT Risk Managers LLC to get the coverage you need.

Keyless Access Control Solutions for your business

Access control systems are newtork based and cloud based. Having the right partner with the right resources in place is key to a succesful deploymnet.

IT Risk Managers Pro-Active Systems to Protect Facilities, Access Control, IP Cameras, Network Cabling

IT Managed Service

"I'm impressed with their level of expertise in all current technology as well as communications."

Jan. 2011 - Ongoing

IT Risk Managers provides ongoing IT services to a printing firm. These services include, server maintenance and repair, installing virus scanning software to company PC’s, and housing backup servers.

Chicago Metro Area
Treasurer, Printing Firm

They’ve been a valued partner for many years. Their rapid respond and extensive knowledge ensure operations can continue despite a sudden server crash emergency. IT Risk Managers’ work ethic and communication methods continue to help the client through significant company transitions.

I’m the treasurer and IT director of a printing firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with IT Risk Managers?

We had proximity issues with our previous IT provider. They were located an hour anyway so whenever there was a problem, that added to the response time. We needed a reliable and local IT provider so they could respond to issues as quickly as possible.

Their main job is to make sure our 3–4 servers never go down. If the servers do go down, they are responsible for resolving the issue. Rapidity is key because none of our employees can work on their computers with the servers down. Risk Managers is also responsible for providing virus scan software for our PC’s and housing backup servers at several locations. They send a monthly notice detailing what has transpired within that timeframe.

I work primarily with 1 point of contact.

How did you come to work with IT Risk Managers?

I interviewed a couple of different firms but decided to go with them because they were confident, methodical, and their response time was great. The cost was reasonable too.

We spend about $20,000 per year.

We started working together in January 2011, and the engagement is ongoing.

A few weeks ago, one of our switches blew taking down all the servers. It was Monday at noon and nobody knew what happened because the lights were still on. I called Risk Managers and they were on site in 20 minutes. They were able to quickly apply a workaround until the new switch arrived the next day. We were completely operational within 24 hours. The response was unbelievable and the whole team is extremely knowledgeable.

How did IT Risk Managers perform from a project management standpoint?

They never delay projects or appointments and we’ve built a great relationship over the years. Usually, if I reach out to them it’s urgent and they always respond quickly. If our main point of command is unavailable they have a reliable chain of command.

I'm impressed with their level of expertise in all current technology as well as communications. If I need new cabling they're able to change the entire infrastructure of the cables and wiring. When we transferred to a new system, they were here every single day for 10-12 hours making sure everything worked properly. They're multi-talented and possess an admirable work ethic.

They could be better at putting information into layman’s terms for people less technologically-inclined. They’re cerebral and somethings it’s like they’re speaking in a different language.

Hiring a full-time staff to do what they do would cost exponentially more.
    Every new piece of technology they’ve delivered is fantastic.
    I would recommend them to anyone.

Long Term IT Support Relationship

I like that they can think out of the box.

2002 - Ongoing

IT Risk Managers provides ongoing technical support on a project basis across infrastructure, cloud services, and security.

Chicago Metro Area
Cathy Bressie
IT Director, Construction Management Company

IT Risk Manager’s customer-centered approach ensured successful implementations across a wide range of projects from email to hardware replacement to cloud solutions. They apply solid problem-solving skills and are willing to spend the time needed to get the job done.

I’m the IT Director for an industrial, commercial and multi-builder firm with 9 offices nationwide. The firm includes two construction companies and a real estate arm.

What challenge were you trying to address with IT Risk Managers?

We required managed services for ongoing technical support across a range of projects. I was the only IT person on staff until we recently added an assistant admin, and I couldn’t handle everything myself.

IT Risk Managers provides ongoing project-based technical support. I reach out to them whenever there is a specific project and they’ve helped us with multiple large implementations. For example, we installed and configured new routers at all 9 of our offices. They helped us manage new email implementations and move from multiple domains to a single one. We built a Citrix farm. We also moved to MPLS and transferred our network to the Cisco Meraki cloud.

They’ve also provided some security solutions, such as firewalls, vulnerability testing, and network health checks.

Rick Bolda is my main contact. I also work directly with a technician, Jamie Palkovics.

How did you come to work with IT Risk Managers?

The first time I spoke to Rick was probably 15 years ago. He cold called and asked if there was anything they could help me with. I was having an issue with backup at the time. He connected me to a colleague there and they resolved it. He asked the right question at the right time and they solved my problem. I’ve been working with them ever since.

My budget is between $70,000 and $100,000 for all three of our companies.

We’ve been working together since January 2002.

A great example of how well they have supported us is a hardware implementation we worked on early in our relationship. We needed to change out all the equipment for about 50 users in the office. When the equipment arrived, I worked with one of their techs all weekend to switch out the old hardware with the new, and get everyone up and running with internet connections and email. When the staff came in on Monday, everything was in place without a glitch. To me, that was huge. The fact that we do a lot of this work after hours and on weekends so that users can come in on Monday and everything is working – that meets all of my expectations for them.

How did IT Risk Managers perform from a project management standpoint?

We communicate via Skype, phone and also meet in person. If I need anything, I call Rick and schedule something.

When we have a new project, Jamie will write up a scope of work, we’ll agree to it, and we’ll get started. They live up to what we’ve agreed on. Jamie knows what he’s doing which means he can clearly articulate what needs to go into any given project.

Most impressive to me is how knowledgeable Jamie is. He’s able to solve problems. Whatever the project is, he either has the right expertise or, if he doesn’t, he figures out how to get it done. I like that they can think out of the box. If we're having trouble, we can always find another solution to make something work.

Be clear about the details of your project so that, when you’ve communicated it, IT Risk Managers will be able to articulate an appropriate scope of work for what you want to do. I have to know what I want before I can ask them to do something, and I have to have expectations that they will meet within a certain timeframe, budget and scope. That's key.

If we run into a snag—which happens in IT—we may miss a deadline. But there's always a work-around that means my users aren’t impacted during that time.
    I like to do part of the project so I can save some money. They’ve never had a problem with that.