Strategic Powerful Web/Digital Transformations

Isadora Agency is a leader in transformational business web, digital and marketing solutions. At Isadora we are changing the way brands engage and connect with audiences. Award winning solutions range from branding and corporate visual identity to enterprise web development and digital marketing services that drive long-term results. From brand strategy to robust eCommerce development and everything in between.

We enjoy providing highly strategic and distinctive solutions that provide B2B & B2C brands with a powerful competitive advantage. Providing our partners with world-class solutions is what our full-service digital agency is known for.

Our team of marketers, strategists, user experience researchers, web design artists, animators and web developers work alongside industry leaders. Decades of business and digital expertise have allowed us to form long-term partnerships with some of the most dynamic national, global and Fortune 500 brands. With a marketing foundation behind every business offering, our comprehensive solutions provide partners with dramatic results.

Manhattan Beach, CA
  • Isadora Agency
    1600 Rosecrans Ave
    Manhattan Beach, CA 90266

Logitech, McKinsey & Company, Gartner, Steve Madden, News Corp, Belkin International, Report Signature, Bernstein Display, Palm Bay International, Ultimate Ears, Outward Hound, Precision Oncology, LindaMood-Bell, Hop Media...

TechStyle

Steve Madden's Report Signature

McKinsey & Company

News Corp Benefits Website

News Corp is a global, diversified media and information services company creating and distributing engaging content worldwide.

News Corp was seeking a new business grade benefits website to highlight company benefits, programs, increase employee participation and drive engagement. The online experience provides efficiencies in locating purposeful content and guides users to content appropriate to their specific needs.

Belkin International

In the highly competitive consumer electronic parts market, only a few brands compete on innovation and quality, Belkin is the most recognizable of these industry leaders. With such a well-known consumer vertical, Belkin Business worked with Isadora to establish a clearly defined brand strategy and marketing communication to distinctly position the vertical for growth.

Power School

We joined PowerSchool in rethinking school administration and the software behind it. The website re design for PowerSchool uses a persona based approach to address pain points and questions for its 40 million platform users. PowerSchool's new online experience aims to enhance the innovative technology that improves all aspects of school administration, classroom instruction, and family engagement.

Palm Bay International

Palm Bay International, a leading importer of fine wines and spirits, approached Isadora to reinvent their digital presence and how the sales team provides client value. The end result is a full digital transformation that includes a suite of tools to grow new business while solidifying Palm Bay’s position as an industry leader.

Virco

School districts across the country depend on Virco everyday to supply them with custom solutions for classrooms. Our agency developed a robust experience from scratch, catapulting Virco ahead, while offering schools easier access to product details and configurations online. The new business grade web product is a harmony of configurable product-rich variety, solutions and valuable resources.

Ultimate Ears by Logitech

Ultimate Ears by Logitech, is a global consumer products brand telling the world what stunning sound and quality should look and feel like. They reached out to Isadora with the goal of educating consumers and introducing comprehensive product features while pushing the digital envelope. We helped extend their bold, lively brand style to a mobile-first experience that shows off the groundbreaking features of their top-of-the-line Bluetooth speakers. With a focus on user interaction, our collaboration led to hundreds of enhancements in user experience.

Martinkovic Milford Architects

Martinkovic Milford Architects crafts high-end, custom solutions for commercial and hospitality clients, healthcare providers, home owners and developers. Our agency concepted a state-of-the-art user experience that put qualified prospects front and center. Driven by breathtaking architectural design elements, elegant movement and seamless functionality, each unique project is brought to life to connect with potential customers. Instead of a simple two-dimensional portfolio, we pushed the envelope into an immersive journey, inviting engagement and conversion every step of the way.

Branding - Visual Identity

The visual identity for this new brand is sleek, clean and professional. All visual elements including the loop logo was sketched by pencil first and designed from scratch. Several concepts and mockups were presented and refined prior to delivering final assets. Precision Oncology offers innovative services to consumers looking for the very best in customized medical care and treatment.

Minimalist eCommerce Web Product - WaterO

WaterO is an innovative Chinese brand looking to penetrate the US Market by providing consumers with portable, high quality and beautifully designed countertop water purifiers.

The strategic web product instantly differentiates the business from competitors and resonates with WaterO’s intelligent target audience. The main goal of the new web product is to create a new eCommerce experience that allows WaterO to drive online conversion and revenue within the B2C market place.

Digital Agency - Interactive Microsite by Isadora

Transform your business website and make it your most powerful marketing tool. Do the research and reap the rewards. Analyzing your brand and your competition can help bridge the gap between just having a good-looking website and having a highly effective marketing tool. Learn to distinguish your brand by studying its surroundings.

From concept to implementation to ongoing enhancements that drive unprecedented business results.

Custom Ecommerce Dev. for Scooter Company

“They hit on everything we wanted, and I recommend them wholeheartedly.”

June 2017 - Feb. 2018

Isadora Agency conducted a full website redesign, and helped establish a set of brand guidelines following customer research. Product, video, and support pillars organize content on the WordPress platform.

Danny Simon
COO, Razor USA

A detail-oriented project manager and skilled creative lead led the team through a careful design deliberation period and a development phase organized by daily scrum. Isadora Agency’s excellent work yield a robust platform that’s intuitive to navigate and easy to use, and received great feedback.

Razor is a scooter and electric vehicle company based in Los Angeles, best known for our kick scooter. We've been around since 2000, and have grown substantially over that time. I run all of the areas in organizational sales.

What challenge were you trying to address with Isadora Agency?

We needed significant improvements done for our website. It hadn't been revamped in a number of years, so we were looking for firms to help us with that endeavor.

Our project centered on branding, and stages included discovery, customer research, design concepts, and development. They focused on making the technology feel intuitive and easy to use. Our platform is a WordPress site, with BigCommerce powering the e-commerce engine. Since we conducted a full-scale relaunch, we didn't keep much material from the original page.

It’s built around three core areas: product, video, and support. The product dimension simplified the process of online shopping, and lets users learn more about our offerings. Customers needed to be able to easily navigate the assortment. The team essentially built a hub for our fans, and showcased the substantial amount of video content we had available. The support section includes owner's manuals, facts, and replacement parts. Each facet involves specific technology that's integrated within the platform.

Isadora Marlow-Morgan, the founder and creative lead, worked on the key design concepts and variants for the site. We've interfaced the most with our project manager Michael Fruta, who helped us iterate through the site.

How did you come to work with Isadora Agency?

We found them using your website, Clutch.co.

This eight-month project started in June 2017, and our launch is this Friday. I'm sure there will be some QA and development work to complete within the coming month or two. Through this next year, we'll add any additional functionality that goes beyond the scope of the initial project.

Isadora Agency has been fantastic. They exceeded expectations at every turn. They've been great, and we will continue to use them as an ongoing vendor for our site. There are really no areas for improvement that I've seen. The work they delivered has been exceptional, and we’ve gotten great feedback. They hit on everything we wanted, and I recommend them wholeheartedly.

How did Isadora Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

Michael has been a great project manager up to this point. He is detail oriented and follows up. Typically, I email or call them. The dashboard they use for their clients is helpful, especially for reviewing designs and providing feedback. Our project has evolved into a daily scrum over the past couple of weeks as we've approached launch. They've done a great job sticking to the timeline.

Overall, the process was pretty great. Our company has historically struggled to articulate our brand. It was very serendipitous that Isadora Agency took on this project, which is much broader than just putting content within established brand guidelines online. They concretized our brand in an appealing way, and I was very impressed.

I highly suggest deliberating with them. We spent a lot of time with them on the design concept. It probably took more time than they anticipated, but that process helped us generate the best ideas possible and yield a product we're very happy with.

Landing Page Development for Health Tech Company

"They built a clean, attractive site that does exactly what I envisioned."

May - Aug. 2017

Isadora Agency designed a clean, stylish landing page for a healthcare tech company. They developed a parallax scroll function, implemented information forms, and built a back-end database.

Omaha, Nebraska
Senior Marketing Manager, Healthcare Consultancy

The finished page earned rave reviews for its sleek design and polished portrayal of the brand. Isadora Agency's capable management kept the project moving forward smoothly, and their design skills delivered a beautiful product. The team swiftly attended to every request and concern.

We're a healthcare consulting and technology company focused entirely on healthcare, staffing, and scheduling, and we’re a division of the largest staffing agency in the country. In my role as senior marketing manager, I oversee all marketing aspects, including sales support and web development.

What challenge were you trying to address with Isadora?

We were launching a new tech product and needed a developer to build a landing page, something basic but stylish to direct clients to.

I had a discovery call with Alex [Mathias, vice president] and put him in touch with our technical team so he could get a better understanding of the product. I provided a login so they could familiarize themselves with the product in order to incorporate it into their web design.

One of the things I requested was a parallax scroll, and they did a nice job designing one that was eye-catching, but not overly done. They also did an excellent job mocking up the images and screenshots I provided, giving them a trendier, modern aesthetic. They gave the page visual depth, but kept it clean. I find that many websites can be overly stylized, but Isadora managed a delicate balance.

For content, I trusted them to tell me how much text was needed to match the design requirements. The end result is a web page with strong, uncluttered copy.

In terms of functionality, we needed a way for users to send us information forms. I initially wanted the site to generate an email, but we had trouble receiving those emails because of our company’s sensitive firewalls. Isadora built a web database that stored these forms on the backend. This was something I requested relatively late in the development, and Isadora delivered without any trouble.

I worked directly with the project manager, who in turn referenced other developers. He was my only contact and was able to answer any question and kept me updated.

How did you come to work with Isadora?

I often read through "Best Websites of the Year" lists and discovered them that way. They’ve always been one of the sites I've returned to for new development ideas, so when this project came up, I decided to contact them.

I've worked with digital agencies in the past and they’ve always left me unimpressed. I liked the design of Isador’s site, and felt confident they could meet the needs of our landing page.

Between $10,000-$15,000.

We first talked in May and began work in June. I was concerned because I couldn’t be present for two weeks during a crucial time in the initial development. I left the project in the hands of someone at my company, but Isadora never missed a beat. I had the first set of proofs when I returned, and we then went back and forth with requests and adjustments. There were a couple of snags toward the end while migrating to a live site, but that was because other priorities popped up on our end. Isadora could have completed the project in three weeks. They work very fast and can knock a project out quickly.

We don’t have any ROI stats yet since the site is still new, but we’ve had tons of positive feedback. They did an excellent job of maintaining the spirit of our brand while still pushing the envelope. The site really represents the product well, and the design quality is a notch or two above what we’ve had in the past.

How did Isadora perform from a project management standpoint?

They had a website where I uploaded my changes and documents, but weren’t sticklers about this system. I sometimes e-mailed them directly and they were always cool with that.

Overall, I'd give them a 9 out of 10. We’re based in different time zones, so it occasionally took a day or two to receive a response. Still, ours was a brand new relationship and they did a great job.

They always listened to my needs and met my expectations. This may sound obvious for a web design firm, but they're very good at design. They built a clean, attractive site that does exactly what I envisioned.

They were a little persistent on asking for payment. We're a division of a corporation, so it takes time for billing to go through accounts payable. They were a little impatient since everything was due upon receipt, but I get it, they're a small agency and they need to make payroll. I kind of had to fight with my accounts payable to keep the project going, but I also totally understand where Isadora was coming from.

They were willing to work with me on price and we ultimately found it to be a fair investment.

Brand Strategy & Ongoing Marketing for Electronics Co.

"They’re very creative and insightful when it comes to digital advertising. It’s a big strong point of theirs."

Aug. 2016 - Ongoing

Isadora Agency provides direction and consultation for realigning a brand message with an umbrella company. They help form guidelines and thereafter execute all brand elements and marketing material.

1,001-5,000 Employees

Los Angeles Metro Area
Marketing Manager, Electronics Company

Isadora Agency’s contributions garnered positive feedback across internal teams as well as stakeholders. They respond to feedback well, and require very little oversight. While they could improve in communication, they’re easy to work with and superior in creativity and digital marketing.

We are a mobile device accessories company and I am the marketing manager for the business division.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Isadora Agency?

The business division of our company was handled in a way that deviated from the greater company. The branding was a little off and didn’t align. We needed a partner to help us gain alignment with the larger company and still stay true to the roots of what the business division was serving.

Basically, we redid our brand guidelines and they provided us with suggestions, direction, and elements that we could add—how to execute on certain elements, how we could differentiate while still being on brand with the greater company. These brand guidelines are the backbone for everything that we develop. We had the direction set, and they helped with carrying out the direction.

After the guidelines were developed, we continued to use them as a partner to execute on activities all the time, like flyers, toolkits, case studies, and that type of thing. My main contact is Michael [digital producer]. Isadora [President] is heavily involved from the creative side. Mariana [Social Media Coordinator] is a hybrid between copy and creative. Those were the 3 main executional people that worked on the project that I’m aware of. Alex [VP, Client Services] is involved in the business side of the relationship. I was their main point of contact, but they were also involved with meetings including our senior director of marketing, our CMO, and our vice president.

How did you come to work with Isadora Agency?

We interviewed 5 different companies in order to find a long-term partner. We wanted to make sure we were working with a partner that understood the business side of the house, and that we’re a consumer-heavy company. A lot of our work was going to be digitally-focused in the future and Isadora Agency had a specialty in digital. Those were some of the deciding factors.

We started working with them August 2016 and have been working together since.

It went over very well. We vetted it through many key stakeholders. Before it was even finalized, we had a lot of buy-in and input. We had everyone’s stamp of approval from all across functional teams.

How did Isadora Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

I wouldn’t say excellent, but it’s good. They have a dashboard. It’s like a tracking tool where you can see what open projects you have and where they stand. The creative team was really easy to work with. They understood feedback and were able to take it and run with it without having a million questions at every turn. There wasn’t too much handholding, which was nice. They’re very easy to work with.

Is there anything Isadora Agency could have improved or done differently?

They can improve on project management. Some of the communication style could be worked on. Some of the showcasing of our work, with our permission, could be improved on.

Design and Dev for Fortune 500 Media Company

"They’ve empowered us to use their designs to communicate and maintain our brand and identity."

Aug. 2016 - Ongoing

Isadora developed a benefits website for a media conglomerate. They conducted a thorough user and competitor analysis, created marketing collateral, and a designed new brand identity.

New York City, New York
Marco Diaz
SVP, News Corp

The site was recently launched, but has already received high praise from employees and vendors. Isadora provided fresh and unique designs both for the site and additional materials. Their level of attention, tight project management, and creativity set them apart.

My company is News Corp. We are a portfolio company and the owners of businesses such as Dow Jones, Harper Collins Publishers, The New York Post, Realtor.com, News UK, Storyful, and News Australia.

I am the SVP, global head of benefits in HR. My function specifically deals with employee benefit programs.

What challenge were you trying to address with Isadora Agency?

We provide employee benefits to all 8,000 of our US-based employees. Employee benefits are a significant cost for any employer, but they tend to not have an equivalent degree of value within the perception of employees. That largely is the fault of people in my role. They may be good managers of these programs but are generally not the best communicators.

A colleague of mine and I came up with this idea about engaging with a firm that had no sector knowledge about benefits. Obviously, most people employed by a firm or large organization has their own personal benefits, so they would understand it from that perspective—the end user—which is the audience that we’re trying to target.

There were a couple of phases to the project. The first was an assessment phase, where Isadora Agency identified the weaknesses of our existing website as well as market-based reviews. They went out, and looked at how others communicated their benefits. Their research also went outside the benefits spectrum. They also came up with target groups, straw-man examples of people that we’re speaking to. We needed to ask, “Would this person interact with this content?”

Then we went onto the development phase. They created a brand identity for us, a look and feel. The website is the core piece, which had some very cool functionality built into it. In addition, they also built us templates for PowerPoint, email, postcards, and other collateral.

They also helped us develop our new site in WordPress. With benefits, you are doing it for current employees and for candidates because we want to be recognized as the attractive company to work for that we are. We want people to choose us over competing. We’re avidly engaging with our recruiting teams to say, “Familiarize yourselves with this site and make sure you’re passing it along in the early stages of a candidate’s interactions with us.” Another thing with employee benefits is that a spouse or partner can be as much a decision maker in the enrollment choices as the employee. For that reason, we also didn’t want it behind any firewall because it might be the employee simply forwarding the link home saying, “Take a look at this.”

How did you come to work with Isadora Agency?

We sourced a number of different design firms through Google, searching for award-winning design firms. Then we created an official RFP which we issued out to the various firms. One of them was more accustomed to doing work in the employee benefits space, but we just fell in love with Isadora’s work. Their website was great, which was obviously telling. The clients they had seemed to fit because it wasn’t all sexy clients. We also have a very unsexy topic to talk about and I felt if they could be so engaging with existing clients, this was going to work for the employee benefits side.

The website development was from August through November. When we began contracting, it ate up a lot of time. We’re now on an ongoing project by project basis to keep the site fresh.

It’s so new that everything’s anecdotal. I don’t have measurements. We launched on Tuesday. I sent it out to the benefit vendors —the ones that are featured on this site so they would know what we’re saying about them. The vendors went crazy. I sent the blurbs over to our design lead at Isadora. One of them said, “This is the greatest site I’ve ever seen in employee benefits.” That’s one set of very positive, unsolicited feedback. Some HR staff have been getting stopped by employees in the hallways saying, “Wow, that site looked really great.”

Isadora also did an excellent job in the assessment phase. Even if we had only hired them for that, it would’ve been pretty amazing because they did such a thorough review of our current state. For the templates, what’s cool is that they are distinctly different from how we’ve worked with other firms in the past. They’ve empowered us to use their designs to communicate and maintain our brand and identity. Going forward, any email we send out and any PowerPoint we present will have this template. I really am thrilled about how empowered we are now and that we can work with the site on a much more organic basis.

How did Isadora Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

They did extremely well, especially in the earlier stages. As we got to the very end, it became a bit of a hack-a-thon. Some of the formal structure had to go out the window just to get everything done. We had a hard deadline because we needed everything to be ready for our annual enrollment period. But the last week or 2, I was taken aback by how incredibly tight they are in terms of their structure. You know exactly what’s coming when it’s coming. They hit all their deadlines. They also hold you to these deadlines too, which we were very respectful of because a lot of thought went into them.

They have a great internal tool that they use, a project management tool that really lays everything out. You could see the history of everything you’ve looked at. If you need to go back to stuff or get samples or anything, it’s all there for you. You can see you need to review this, this is when we need your feedback, here’s how to submit your feedback, and all that. It was great because we knew what we needed to do. We knew what the expectations were and we could work as a collaborative partnership. It wasn’t just emails flying around or “I forgot” or something like that. It was very clear.

What did you find most impressive about Isadora Agency?

I was impressed that Isadora herself was involved. I didn’t expect that. She was coming to meetings and giving ideas and setting the stage for things. They did a lot of stakeholder meetings, so that was great for me. In a large organization it’s very easy to be going down a certain path and then somebody comes in and says they don’t like it. They must have had that experience because they did all these stakeholder interviews. Everyone felt like they’d been heard and had a chance to make decisions without derailing us mid-project.

Are there any areas Isadora Agency could improve?

I would only say that it got a little hectic at the very end due to external factors on our side. But we pulled it together and we’re happy with that.

They were tight on everything.
    Part of the reason they won the bid was the fact that they were definitely an economical decision for us.
    I’ve already been doing that.

Website Design for Education Platform

"I trust them to deliver what I want, to listen to what I want, and to deliver quality."

Apr. - Sept. 2016

Isadora conducted user research, designed wireframes, created content, and developed a WordPress website in an effort to increase traffic and establish a brand identity.

Folsom, California
Manager, PowerSchool

The new website has positioned the client as a thought leader in their industry. Quality of leads and conversion rates have improved. Isadora's strengths are transparency, diligent project management and flexibility.

PowerSchool is an education technology platform from K to 12 that is number 1 best in cost. We used to be a part of Pearson Education but we became a standalone company in 2015. Since then, we’ve invested more than $200 million in innovation and acquisitions. When PowerSchool was a product of Pearson, it was mainly a student information system. Now, PowerSchool is more robust and we do more than just student information. Currently, we offer the unified classroom. We offer student data management, assessment in learning management system, registration, a bit of analytics, reporting in dashboards, and special education. We have an HR in finances and a library management piece as well, making us more all-encompassing. Most of our users are parents, students, and teachers, but we sell to schools and districts. We serve at least 24 and a half million students in more than 6,600 districts. That includes 1 million teachers and 43 million parents. In total, that makes for 65 or 67 million users worldwide.

I'm a digital media and design manager at PowerSchool. I run all of our websites, some internal, mostly external. I handle some of our social media with our PR in communications, all PPC digital advertising. Anything that is digital and online to do with our company, I'm there; it falls into my category. For lead generation and lead optimization, we work closely with our mocking operations team.

What challenge were you trying to address with Isadora?

We had many challenges, the first being lead generation. Second, we couldn't update the site ourselves as it was. We had to rely on our web development team to do it, which was a huge problem for us because they had so many other projects. Updating a website was not a priority when you consider the big picture of the company and what they had to do. As a result, stuff just wasn't getting updated. Third, the site didn't reflect who we were as a company. It didn't give us the flexibility and leverage to grow the site with the gross of our company. That was a big thing for us.

Isadora was heavily involved in this project from the beginning, including development and project management. We started by determining PowerSchool’s official identity, who we were as a company. It's hard when we've done 7 acquisitions in 11 months as a company. When you have a project that's been going on for 6 months, all of a sudden what your company has offered is changing while you're trying to develop a project with some sort of stability. Isadora spent all that time getting to know who we were as we were doing acquisitions. Then they said, “Here are the opportunities that you have with the website. Here are the personas you're going after.” They did a lot of research on their end, sending us a proposed site map and user click path. We went back and forth around the wireframes and edits. It was the same for designs. Once we tied down all the designs, it was easier to move into the development stage. Next, we went into content development, gathering and pulling everything together based on the number of pages we had in our site. Then the content that we had from white papers was turned into graphic blog posts and e-books. Our involvement was, “You do your stuff, we do our stuff.” We had QA testing, which was great, before they handed over the site to us. We put in all of our content and then launched the site.

How did you come to work with Isadora?

I was tasked with redoing the website, so I went out, got proposals, and vetted companies. Then I presented our options to the VP, my boss, and the CEO, and then we picked one. I went to several award sites for companies that deliver excellent projects and designs and Isadora came up. I looked at them and we liked the work they'd done. We were also really impressed by the proposal that they gave us. We felt it was going to be a good partnership on both ends because I know they don't work with everyone that they got a query from. After that, we signed the contract.

I think it began in April and we launched on the 26th of September. The project lasted for 6 months.

Thanks to Isadora, our site now allows us to position ourselves as a thought leader in the education market. We had multiple compliments, not just internally but externally, on the site design and how it really reflects our company. This is a big deal given how much the company has changed in the last 11 months. It's definitely a big upgrade for us.

I'll tell you a story and this might give an insight into it. Our software is interesting in that we sell to schools and school districts, but most of our users are parents, teachers, and students. We have a mobile app with a parent portal and a student portal. People can go in and check their grades and their assignments. Parents can see if their child attended a class. If a child didn't attend a class, the parents would get a notification. Parents and students usually Google PowerSchool because they're looking for the login.

When we launched the new site, we put a button in the top right-hand corner that said: “Get started.” It was us trying to make it easy for schools and districts to say, “Hey, I'm interested in PowerSchool. I want to learn more about you guys.” So we had a contact forum up there with instructions. Instead, the link gets flooded with requests from parents saying, “I don't know how to log in,” or “I forgot my password.” That flooded our sales team and support, so we immediately started experimenting and testing to see how we could improve this. We built a parent and student resource center as well as a teacher resource center. We made a “Get started” page where people needed to pick an option: “I'm a parent or student,” “I'm a teacher,” or “I'm interested in purchasing PowerSchool Solutions or learning more about PowerSchool Solutions.”

That immediately dropped the number of requests from parents. After the change, they were able to find the information that they were looking for in the first place. It was interesting for us because if we hadn't done this project and the site was designed the way it was, we wouldn't know how many parents are actually coming to our site and how many students are coming to our site. Isadora’s design helped us increase the accuracy of our leads and increase conversion rates because we're basically getting rid of the fake leads that are coming in. It decreased the volume for our support team because people are finding the information they need. It's also helped our clients find the information they need, like how to reset a password. That seems so simple, but it's so effective.

They're very good at design, but they're also good at delivering a functioning website. Those are the 2 things that we want. They really took into account our users and helping us to drive lead generation. They tackled the problems we wanted then to tackle very well. I had also been involved in another project that was created in WordPress and I have to say that they are very clean with their coding and very clean with their setup. You don't necessarily see somebody else's backend of their WordPress, but they've done a very good job of it. That is good and a compliment to them.

How does Isadora perform from a project management standpoint?

They're fabulous. They're clear about telling you when the deadlines are on the whole. They give you a dashboard and they set a milestone for the project. Once you get something given to you, you have 48 hours to turn it around and give it back to them for feedback or changes. They're very clear. They know how long it's going to take them to do something. They know to remind you of deadlines and say, “If you miss this deadline, here's the impact of that.” Also, they say, “If you're in the middle of a project and you decide to go a totally different way, that's great and that's okay. Projects can have flexibility, but the effect is going to be X, Y, and Z.”

They're some of the most persistent people that I've met, and that's meant to be a compliment. It helps you as a customer that you don't have to monitor the project yourself. You can count on them to tell you you're missing something, you need this, or this task is yours. A lot of delays were largely due to us, such as the difficulty of trying to get 3 VPs together in a room because of their schedules. If somebody's away for a whole week, that sucks for your project but there's nothing you can do. That was more on our end than on their end.

What did you find most impressive about Isadora?

They're very good at listening to the feedback from the customer. They're not afraid to go back to the drawing board. The first design that came out for our homepage, we said, “This does not reflect our company. We don't like this at all.” They took everything and listened to what we said. They turned around and gave us a totally different design. We said, “Yes, that's it. That's better. That felt more along the lines of what we are as a company; who we are as a company.” That obviously is a big one when you're designing the entire face of the website.

That's one example, but there are multiple ones where we were said, “No, we don't like this,” and they went back based on our feedback. That is so valuable because if you're working with a company that doesn't listen to you, then you're going to get very frustrated. You're also probably going to end up with something that doesn't have as much value. That's one thing about them that made a big difference.

I trust them to deliver what I want, to listen to what I want, and to deliver quality. Trust is a big issue when signing a big contract. It just depends on the size of the site and what you're looking for. They're great people. They're patient and they listen. They're honest with you. They're going to tell you what's going on and what's not going on. That sort of transparency is valuable in building trust with somebody who’s building a large digital asset for your site.

Are there any areas Isadora could improve ?

It's funny you say that. The only thing I'd say is that while their proposal was good, it wasn't as good as some of the others we got. That’s in terms of detailing what's actually involved in the project in terms of timeline and major deliverables. Alex, who runs the company, actually went around and asked for feedback from a bunch of people on the proposal. I'm sure they have changed it since then since that was a few months ago.

Overall Score We've employed them for other stuff as well and had a mishap, unfortunately. I can't disclose what that is because that was an internal one. On the whole, they're great to work with.
    There were a couple of deadlines that had a 1-day delay when we told them to get back to the drawing board and start again. That takes time and it was worth it. They didn't see that coming. Neither did we. It's just now the project goes.
    They weren't the most expensive proposal we had. They also weren't the cheapest, but I have told my bosses multiple times that it was worth every single penny for what they delivered to us. I appreciate that you do get what you pay for with this industry.
    They delivered what they said they were going to deliver basically in the timeframe that they laid out. The quality of their work is excellent.
    Definitely. I know they're expensive. Obviously, it depends if a colleague has a low budget or no budget, or respectable budget, I'd still recommend them.

Web Design for Architecture Company

"There’s really nothing negative I would ever say about them and their process—and especially their deliverables."

Jul. 2015 - Mar. 2016

Isadora completed a complete web redesign. This WordPress-based project included custom visual development as part of a rebranding campaign.

Chip Jordan
Director, Martinkovic Milford Architects

Isadora's work significantly impacted business. The site saw an increase in activity with a decreased bounce rate, but more importantly, it effectively generated higher quality leads. Their skills and methods left nothing to be desired.

We are Martinkovic Milford Architects. We’re an architecture firm. My role at the firm is Director of Marketing and Business Development.

What challenge were you trying to address with Isadora Agency?

There were several challenges that we were trying to address. Our website was probably 6 to 7 years old at the time; it predated my time with the company, and the technology itself was just outdated—in particular, it didn’t work on a lot of mobile devices. There were a lot of technical things to improve upon, but at the same time, Martinkovic Milford was undergoing a brand redesign; it was our 15-year anniversary, and we were revising logo, colors, collateral. So the project with Isadora really dovetailed into something bigger than just a website. What we were looking for from Isadora was really to take all of that and help us emerge at the 15-year mark as a new, more grown-up company. Then, with all of the current technology in place, we wanted them to build a system that could expand and grow as we continue to grow—and really just get us into 2016.

We ultimately chose Isadora for their design sensibilities as it pertains to websites. Currently, there’s not an ongoing branding campaign, mainly because we couldn’t bite off all that at once. The reason we contracted with Isadora was, first and foremost, their technical expertise. The professionalism of their organization, the communication, the project management—all of that certainly mattered, but above all else it was really about how their designs tend to add that little bit of a difference to a website.

There are so many templates out there. It’s clearly a competitive space, and it’s hard to create anything new online, in my opinion. That said, the spirit of Isadora Agency is trying to do something different, whether it’s quirky or just a different approach to design. That is also true of our company, and so the DNA of the two companies worked well together. We really looked to them to hear what we needed to do and turn it into something that challenged us and was different. Ultimately, they gave us a presence online that is unlike anybody else’s.

We built our site on a WordPress platform, and I’m happy to say you would never know it. I wrote in our RFP to Isadora that I really didn’t care what CMS they used, but I did not want it to look like a template. They succeeded in fulfilling that requirement. Quite honestly, I was surprised that they were able to take WordPress as an engine and put something on top of it that didn’t in any way resemble what you tend to think of when you imagine a WordPress site.

How did you come to work with Isadora Agency?

We did some due diligence at the beginning. We’re in the Bay area, so I really expected to find a development shop near me—and we interviewed a bunch. Isadora got onto my radar somehow. They’re out of LA, and at the outset that was a mark against them; there’s something comforting about having somebody local. But in reality, the website digital design work we’re doing doesn’t really require the designer to be local. Once Isadora popped up on our radar, I saw the work they were doing and immediately wanted to talk with them. I spoke to the folks at Isadora a few times via email and phone before we got a little formal about it, and at that point, they floated right to the top of my list.

How much have you invested with Isadora Agency?

We have invested between $50,000 and $200,000.

Our engagement with Isadora Agency probably began in July 2015, when we began interviewing. We really kicked off our work in September and October, and then we wrapped up the process at the end of March 2016. In terms of true work, it was probably 6 to 7 months.

We have seen increased traffic to our site, as well as a decreased bounce rate. Our engagement metrics, such as time on site and pages viewed, have improved as we hoped. We’re fortunate to have good inbound campaigns on other sites, so we were attracting people. But the goal for us—and this is where we had some synergy with Isadora—was to attract the right people; even if the quantity of inbound leads decreased. That has happened. I don’t have specific metrics, but I could say that there has been a noticeable difference in the quality of calls that we have been getting. We sit in a higher-end bracket—I wouldn’t say luxury, but more of a higher-end bracket—so there’s a certain type of client that has the realistic expectations and investment level that we’re trying to attract. In the end, it is working.

How did Isadora Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

I always laugh when I say this because I’ve done website redesigns more than once, and it’s usually the people like me who screw up the schedule—the people who have to create the content and give feedback. Nonetheless, schedule was at the top of my list for Isadora. I’ve had bad experiences with firms who sell you heavy on project management and then don’t really deliver. Isadora was the opposite. In addition to online tools that they have to keep everybody on track, and a dashboard where I can log in at any time to see the calendar and where different deliverables are in the process (as promised), Isadora was on me weekly, reminding me of due dates and telling me when I was behind. We’re a small firm of only 20 to 22 people. I am the only marketing guy, so for me to produce and manage in addition to all the other things I have to do, I knew that it was going to be impossible from the beginning. Isadora did a great job and never once faltered throughout the whole process.

What did you find most impressive about Isadora Agency?

I probably hit on this point earlier. I don’t know what it is about them, or I don’t know if there’s anything proprietary that enables them to deliver different-looking sites, but it seems to be similar to the way we work. As an architecture firm, when we hire a client and they’re doing a potentially $1 million to $1.5 million or even a $2 million remodel of a home, it’s all about them. It’s all about custom; it’s all about getting to know the client so that the designs we create in collaboration with them are meant to express how they live—indeed, to help them live, help them be more efficient in their lives, help them enjoy their lives, etc. I think Isadora approaches their work in the same way.

Working with Isadora has been the best experience I’ve had with an agency or a web design team because, from the beginning, they understood we were trying to be different. Based on their previous work, I began this project with that hope, and what I can say is that the hopes I had were 100% met at the end of the project. The feedback we’ve gotten from potential clients, friends of the firm, and existing clients has been in parallel with that. Everybody thinks the site is great. Of course, it’s new and refreshed, but the feedback we’ve gotten has proven to be what we hoped.

Are there any areas Isadora Agency could improve?

No. As a client, you always wish you got more for your money, but you must keep your expectations realistic. There’s really nothing negative I would ever say about them and their process—and especially their deliverables. They were right on par with everything I wanted, and they really exceeded what we were hoping for.

Overall Score We weren’t in a financial position to continue an engagement with them on a month-to-month retainer basis, it felt a little bit cold at the very end. I think part of that is on us. We extended the timeline a bit, and we were in a hurry...
    If there were delays, it was my fault and never theirs. They kept us on track—exactly as I expected from them.
    The value that we got, including the personality and the temperament and how it matched with us.
    I had some expectations at the front end and I’m happy to say that they achieved every one of those goals.
    I’ve already recommended Isadora Agency multiple times. I think they’re fantastic, and if you’re in the market for the type of work they do, it’s really a slam dunk. I wouldn’t hesitate at all to recommend them again.

Web Development for English School in Japan

"They were very thorough in explaining what we needed to complete and where it would fit into the design."

Jun. 2013 - Aug. 2013

Isadora Agency completed a WordPress-based website rebuild. This included UI/UX development and custom visual design.

Allison Stovall
Recruiter at Amity Corporation

The new site has accomplished it's goal of attracting more applicants. The unique, intuitive design has been praised as user friendly and aesthetically pleasing. Isadora performed detailed work and displayed outstanding communication skills and follow-through.

Amity Corporation is an English school in Japan with 85 branches across the country.

My role is the recruiter, so I hire the native English teachers to work at our branch schools.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Isadora Agency?

We needed to upgrade our website to make it less text heavy. The wordiness detracted from our image and turned off many people who were visiting the site. We wanted something that was user-friendly yet would provide a lot of information. Most importantly, we wanted something that would be visually appealing to attract candidates to our interview process.

Isadora Agency laid out a time schedule with all of the deadlines and details that we needed to know, which was excellent. We had to conduct photo shoots and complete other tasks similar to that. They were very thorough in explaining what we needed to complete and where it would fit into the design. They took our materials and built the website from the ground up on WordPress.

How did you come to work with Isadora Agency?

I had been doing research on web design companies, and Isadora Agency stood out because they were the only company that made a point to come to my office in person. They laid out all of the details and were very in-depth, which I appreciated. The whole contract process was excellent.

It cost about $17,000 for the project.

We started working in June 2013 and completed the project in August 2013. We asked them to help us design a brochure to match the website about a year ago and were very pleased with the results of that project.

We have gotten a lot more traffic to our website, and it is now the number one place that applicants find out about us. We've received a lot of feedback from candidates about the ease of use of the site and how intuitive it is. Getting that positive feedback directly from users was huge for us.

How did Isadora Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very detailed. Prior to the start of our contract, we had a meeting to discuss all of the dates and milestones for the project. There was never any confusion about what needed to be done and when it should be completed. They kept us on track with reminders, and we stayed in constant contact throughout the whole process. We were able to launch the site exactly around the time that we wanted to. It was great.

What distinguishes Isadora Agency from other providers?

I felt that they held my hand through the process. I knew nothing about redesigning a website or what my role was going to be in the project, but they made sure everything was clear so I was never confused. One thing that really stood out for me was the uniqueness of Isadora's website designs compared to other companies that I looked into. We get many compliments on our site and the new design.

Is there anything Isadora Agency could have improved or done differently?

I honestly can't think of anything. Even after the project was completed, they were always available to answer questions or help with anything.

Overall Score – Much of it has to do with the aftercare they provided. They were always open to helping us troubleshoot any issues and making certain things a priority.
    – We were pretty much on time. We may have been a day or two off, but it was never more than a week from a specific deadline date.
    – Their designs were a little bit above our initial budget but, because they were so unique, it was worth spending the extra money.
    – I was very pleased with the outcome, the handholding, and the knowledge I gained through the process.
    – I am highly likely to recommend them.

Web Design for Retail Manufacturer

"They didn't let anything fall through the cracks and kept us organized."

Isadora Agency assumed all responsibilities for the creation of a custom website. This customer-facing project was not an ecommerce site, but a display of previous work desinged to attract qualified clients.

New York City
Creative Director, Retail Manufacturer

Isadora was a fantastic development partner that delivered the unique, creative site that was desired. In fact, the site helped win a major award. Their project management and communication skills proved to be outstanding and the partnerhsip is ongoing.

My company is a retail manufacturing firm. We create products for top retailers around the world.

I am the creative director.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Isadora Agency?

We knew that we didn't want to create an e-commerce site. We were interested in creating something innovative, fun, and entertaining yet helped further our brand and present us in a creative light.

Isadora Agency did the whole thing. We had an initial kick off meeting to discuss everything we were looking for and to hear their initial input. During the next few months, it was constant back and forth as we continued to brainstorm and give feedback. It was a very collaborative effort from the creative aspect, but they handled all of the development and technical aspects.

How did you come to work with Isadora Agency?

I interviewed dozens of companies both locally in Manhattan and by Googling "website design services." I was using my gut reaction to find somebody I thought would be a good fit. We did not want a very dry, corporate-looking site, but rather an entertaining and fun site that would appeal to our clients. I felt that Isadora Agency was the best fit for those reasons.

The total cost was $10,000 to $50,000.

The project was completed more than a year ago [2015] and took about six months from start to finish. We still interact with Isadora Agency here and there about various things. They've been very forthcoming with any advice or technical support that we may have needed beyond the initial scope. They were very willing to keep the dialogue going well after the project was completed.

We wanted something out there that was engaging enough to catch the eye of potential customers and make them want to pick up the phone to call us. We have definitely received new business from the site, and we've gotten great compliments from existing customers on the layout. Since most of what we do involves customized items, the site gives people an idea of what we can do. Just by being able to show our work on the website, we have seen an increase in business. We also ended up winning a major award for our site.

How did Isadora Agency perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very organized and initially laid out a detailed calendar for the deliverables that we needed to provide. They didn't let anything fall through the cracks and kept us organized. If we were ever stumped with an idea or had hesitations, they were very helpful in providing creative solutions and suggestions. Again, it was very collaborative. We are both creative companies, and it was very helpful to be able to go back and forth the way we did.

What distinguishes Isadora Agency from other providers?

It would be their creativity. Before I decided to go with them, I interviewed a host of other companies that just weren't clever. We were looking for a clever company that would help us attract the customers we were looking for, and we found that with Isadora Agency. You only have a few seconds to grab someone's attention online, so you need to be intrigued and pulled in as soon as you visit a site. We wanted to make sure that whomever we teamed up with was able to fulfill our wishes in that sense.

Is there anything Isadora Agency could have improved or done differently?

The only part that could have been improved was on our end. If anybody was late in what they were supposed to be doing, it was us. They didn't want us to fall behind and really helped us keep up with the schedule. It all worked out.

Overall Score – We're both creative companies and we just synced. With Isadora, there was never any question that there would not be enough great ideas to choose from.
    – They didn't allow us to fall behind. It was a very strict schedule presented at the very beginning.
    – In my initial interview process, it seemed like you could pay anything to have your website built. The trick is to find a company that you click with, and I had that feeling about Isadora Agency.
    – It was an excellent collaboration. They're very professional and fun to work with. It was a very enjoyable experience.
    – I recommend them all the time.