Create More Than Just A Website

Iris Creative Co. is a digital design agency based in Portland, Oregon. We build tailored web experiences and strong client partnerships.

Portland, OR
  • Iris Creative Co.
    1001 SE Water Ave Ste 330
    Portland, OR 97214

Clients we're proud to work with:

• Westcon-Comstor

• Digital Marketing Agencies
  • Content Agencies
  • In-House Marketing Departments

Westcon-Comstor: E-mail Marketing

To stay current in the digital age, IT distributor Westcon-Comstor rolled out a global cloud partner program that required an aesthetic to communicate this to their partners. The content needed to be easily translatable into five different languages.

We designed emails that could be easily recognized as EDGE for Cloud. The emails were developed using our responsive framework to ensure a beautiful look across all devices.

www.westconcomstor.com

Grinbaum Orthodontics: Website Design

Together with Modern Interface, we helped Grinbaum Orthodontics grow their business in a very competitive NYC market by using a mix of lifestyle and patient-focused photography, packaged in a people-focused web experience.

grinbaumorthodontics.com

French Lilac Co

Using intimate photography and focusing on the unique story of each client, we helped their website convey the personal attention French Lilac brings to each design and celebration.

frenchlilac.co

SugarStreet Bakery + Bistro

By utilizing beautiful photography and creating an intuitive, modern experience, we were able to help the client reach their business goals: increasing revenue from cake and cupcake sales, and growing their bistro business.

sugarstreetportland.com

Confluent: Website Design

In combining our efforts with the content experts at Conveyor, and the strategic development team at Modern Interface - we were able to provide Confluent Strategies with an updated web experience. By focusing on passionate, friendly staff and the people who love to work with them, we helped the company project themselves as a person-to-person brand and not a faceless b2b.

CraftCMS Dev & Design for International Development Foundation

“Everyone seems to love the new website.”

Sept. - Dec. 2017

Iris Creative worked to execute a defined vision by designing and developing a website on Craft CMS. In addition to completely revamping the website, they designed custom icons to reflect the brand’s identity.

Portland, Oregon
Laura Koch
Executive Director, Vibrant Village Foundation

Iris Creative understood the importance of communication within a creative engagement. They delivered an excellent product with an intuitive UI/UX that accurately evokes a philanthropic image. Their staff went beyond the initial project scope to ensure the best deliverable possible.

I’m the executive director of the Vibrant Village Foundation. We’re a private family foundation working to improve the health and well-being of communities around the world. We make grants to local organizations and operate three field offices in Kenya, Ghana, and Ecuador.

What challenge were you trying to address with Iris Creative Co.?

Our website was out of date. We wanted it to accurately reflect the change in our strategic direction and capture the look and feel of the foundation. The site needed to be easily manageable because we don’t have a full-time communications person.

We had one or two in-person meetings where I shared the mock-ups I designed and Iris Creative took the project from there. We knew how we wanted the UI/UX, so there wasn’t much of exploration process. They came in to execute our vision. We also wanted icons to reflect the sectors we work in. This was an area that Brandon (Principal & Creative Director, Iris Creative Co.) took the lead on. He ultimately developed custom icons that work well for us. They designed everything and built out the site using Craft CMS. Currently, they take care of backend security and are available to help with more substantial updates.

We worked directly with Brandon. He worked with other people on the backend, but we weren’t in contact with them.

How did you come to work with Iris Creative Co.?

I was referred to a local agency, but they were out of our price range. I asked them for recommendations and Iris Creative was their first suggestion.

We spent around $4,000.

The redesign took place from September–December 2017.

Everyone seems to love the new website. Its modern UI/UX and bright photos are reflective of our spirit. We had a lot of information on our old site that bogged things down. Now, the design and functionalities are much more streamlined.

How did Iris Creative Co. perform from a project management standpoint?

Brandon was laid back, easy to work with, and delivered on everything we asked for. He went above and beyond the initial scope of work with the time he put into designing the icons. Aside from a couple of in-person meetings, we mostly communicated through email. We also used a project management platform to handle the day-to-day work and deliver content revisions. Overall, they were fantastic.

Brandon understood us as well as our aesthetic. Based on that foundational understanding and effective communication, he was able to deliver what we wanted.

We only interacted with Brandon and I was the sole contact on our side. As a result, I can’t speak to how he performs within a bigger team process. I’d test that out before engaging in a long-term project that requires more team involvement.

Make sure you have an in-person meeting and note how well communication goes. We did a lot of the process internally which saved both time and money. If you can write the copy beforehand, the design and development process will go quickly.

Web Dev & Branding for IP Law Firm

"They were very closely involved."

Apr. - Sept. 2016

Iris Creative built a new website for a law firm. They interviewed clients, created written content, managed photoshoots, and designed a new logo and branding guidelines.

Bend, Oregon
Celia Leber
President, Leber IP Law

Customers reported that the website was both coherently organized and easy to navigate. Iris Creative was characterized by their meticulous management, technical skill, and timely deliveries. They showed their investment by freely offering advice and providing assistance.

I am the Founder and President of a small, boutique intellectual property law firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Iris?

We were trying to update our website. I had started the firm as a sole practitioner and I had designed the original website to reflect that. As the team grew, I have not had an opportunity to update the website. We added people on the website, but the content didn't reflect that we were a growing organization. I wanted to show that with a better, more updated and modern website.

It's a little complicated because when we were working with Iris Creative, they were partnering with another firm called Conveyor. Between the two outfits, they did a great job. They interviewed a number of our clients and found out information from them about what our strengths are as a firm and why they like to work with us. They were able to incorporate some of that information directly, but some of it is just their understanding of what kind of content would be helpful.

With all of that information, they put a lot of time and effort into developing the content, getting great photography done of our clients and of ourselves, and putting all of that together, which is an amazing feat, to represent what we are as a firm. I was very pleased with the whole process. What we have now is a website that is really representative of what's important about our firm.

They did everything from scratch, which was phenomenal. They would give us drafts of the website, both the written content and the visual design. We would give comments back as to what we liked and didn't like, and they gave us possibilities as far as colors and different things like that. They did everything from scratch, which was terrific because that's definitely not our strength. We ended up with a new logo, branding, advice on how to use our branding, et cetera.

How did you come to work with Iris?

I found them through a very good friend of mine who is a professional photographer and has worked with Iris Creative.

We've spent about $20,000 total with them.

We started working with them in April 2016. We ended up launching the website in September 2016, and our engagement with them ended at the same time.

We've had a lot of positive feedback. People really like the format of the website, find it easy to navigate, and think it looks really modern and great. What some of our clients have said is that they really liked the case studies.

How did Iris perform from a project management standpoint?

Good. It was all very organized. They kept things moving and if there were any flips in the timeline, it was more on our end. We did not use face-to-face communication because we're at a distance from them. We did either email or occasionally phone. They often used GoToMeeting or some kind of video conferencing as well.

They were very closely involved. It was not anything where we were left to fend for ourselves. They really did a lot of handholding through the whole process, which was great. That was something our team really needed.

No. I can't think of anything in particular.

They were always on time.
    It was a lot of money.

Creative Marketing for Global IT Distributor

"If you have the desire to be creative and inventive then they are the right team for you."

Jan. 2015 - Ongoing

Iris Creative is involved from original conception through to completion of projects. They are the go to partner for all design work, creating webpages, e-books, email design and more.

1,001 - 5,000 Employees

Downers Grove, Illinois
Alison Reeley
Director of Cloud Marketing, Westcon Group

Their creative insight is accompanied by top notch work. As a team, they are extremely communicative and available to discuss the scope of work and project details. They are willing to push boundaries, which makes them a fun partner.

I am the Director of Cloud Marketing, from a global perspective, for Westcon Group. We are an IT distributor that is located in 170 countries with almost 30 logistics facilities worldwide.

What challenge were you trying to address with Iris Creative?

I've been working with Iris for quite some time. I find that they have an understanding of the business in which we work in, have a really nice eye for design and are creative. In addition, they help me with problem-solving. I may not anticipate everything involved in the campaign and they are proactive in helping me identify certain things and a workaround.

I get them involved at a very early stage, from a first idea and brainstorming through to completion. I give them everything that I can like print, webpage development, responsive email design, etc. We've worked on e-books together, brochures, event collateral, we've even done some booth design. They're my go to for design work.

We've done some pretty creative things with regard to the Skype for business product and UCC [Unified Communications and Collaboration] market, that's where we got an e-book and did some creative marketing. They've also been helping me host events on behalf of Microsoft. This is where they've worked with me on e-mails, the registration forms, and even webpages in different languages.

We are also working on what we're calling a “fast start” portal. Iris Creative helped me design and build a website that speeds up the time of adoption when customers want to sell Microsoft products, such as Office 365, to their customers or the consumer of the product and are new to us. It gets the customer who's not familiar with Westcon-Comstor or is not quite sure how to go about navigating the Microsoft world, a fast path to figuring that out. There are a lot of materials, resources and learning aids.

Another thing that I'm really proud of that we've worked on together was a section of our website called “Cloud insight”. It's global in nature, so we're working on getting it translated into seven major languages now. Iris was really helpful in getting the keystone pieces ready for market consumption. They're absolutely beautiful, stunning and I love them. I can't wait to get them in all of their languages and into the hands of our customers.

I don’t know the size of the team, and I'm okay with that as long as I have one main point of contact that I trust.

How did you come to work with Iris Creative?

I knew Brandon [CEO, Iris Creative] before Iris Creative was Iris Creative.

I am planning to invest $35,000 this year, the price is a bit more than the previous year.

I have been working with the Iris Creative team since January 2015 and our work is still ongoing.

I get a lot of positive feedback, especially on the creative insight project. Again, absolutely fantastic work from them, hands down probably some of the best anybody has ever seen us put out, with regards to responsiveness.

Unfortunately, we have not invested a lot in Google Analytics or any sort of tracking mechanism. I also don’t actually deliver the materials on a local level, those are owned by the regional marketing managers.

The best metric I can share is for our email work, we have a 10%-33% open rate. Some emails knock it out of the park and the message is right. When it doesn't, it could be the wrong list or copyrighting, it's not a matter of design. Iris is very good with the design and Brandon does ensure that things are built for all mobile platforms.

How did Iris Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

I think they do well. They are available for a regular cadence call if you need details on scope of work, they're more than happy to provide that. They are very communicative and open, you just have to understand that if you're on the East Coast and they're on West Coast the time difference. We often make decisions over text phone email, whatever works best.

I think what makes them stand out is that they're continually very passionate about the marketing that they do. You can tell that they're always learning and working on education of new styles, and staying up-to-date on what's new. They're very adaptable and flexible to changes within the marketing industry.

What makes it fun to work with them is that they're willing to push boundaries. If you have the desire to be creative and inventive then they are the right team for you.

Overall Score I love working with them and have been for years.
    Any delays are usually not on their side.
    I get fantastic work.
    They do provide really good service.
    They're always on my for my referral list for people that need design.

Web Design, Branding & Logo Partnership for Digital Agency

"The quality of design and the understanding of the psychology of marketing and how it's going to affect the end user is most impressive."

Oct. 2014 - Ongoing

Iris Creative is a trusted partner for website design and branding projects. They work in a collaborative effort, contributing to a company's success of increasing business 3X within six months of launch.

Portland, Oregon
Alan Mason
CEO, Modern Interface

Producing excellent design work and understanding the psychology behind marketing led to a long standing relationship. Although there have been some difficulties around project timelines, the quality of work outshines any minor bumps in the road.

I am the owner of a digital marketing agency.

What challenge were you trying to address with Iris Creative?

We needed design help. We’re programmers and strategy implementers and we did not have any design talent.

For three projects with an orthodontics office, a bakery, and a credit reporting agency, they helped with branding, website design, and copy. We built all websites from scratch, using Laravel, a PHP framework.

For the website design projects, in particular, we would come up with strategy, ideas for content, and what would go where. I would present our future plan for the project, team, and the goals for the client. Then we would have a discussion with Iris Creative about how those goals could be met and what design could help. They’d also give feedback and suggest changes.

The process was similar to branding projects. I would meet with the clients first and discuss problems. I’d sum them up and talk with Iris Creative. They would give ideas, and we’d go back to the client and get a better feel for what’s in line with their goals. They would come up with anywhere from 3-6 options to start from.

It was a partnership and a lot of back and forth. The work was not just handed off.

Around 3-4 people from Iris Creative worked with us for all the projects.

How did you come to work with Iris Creative?

We actually worked in the same office space three years ago. We met there and decided to start out on a project together.

We’ve probably invested around $60,000.

We began working with them in the around October of 2014. We are still working together.

All the clients have been very happy. One of the clients said that his business increased approximately three times within six months after launching the website.

How did Iris Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

Personally, it’s hard for me to figure out. I was pretty organized at a time when Iris was not well organized, and then we flipped around - I became disorganized and they were organized.

We primarily communicated over Slack. However, for the three aforementioned projects, we also worked in the same office as them.

The turnaround time was difficult to work with at times.

It was hard when things weren’t ready on time. Typically, the work would get done and turn out fine. But the timing was a contributing factor to not being able to get as much work, because we were behind all the time and our clients weren’t happy.
    If we could’ve gotten things done faster, than the cost would be reasonable.
    The quality is so high that it all evens out.