We design and develop beautiful mobile apps.

Inventive Mobile, Inc. is a mobile app development company based in the Seattle area that specializes in the development of Android and iOS apps. Since 2010, we have developed over 35 apps that have been downloaded 100MM+ times on Google Play and the App Store.

Seattle, WA
  • Seattle, WA

Intel, Xerox, Best Buy, DoubleDown Interactive, Meijer, Taleo, UCSF Medical Center, Concordia Publishing House, EagleView, Vulcan, Blue Canoe Learning, Oly Works, VisibleBrands

Mobile App Dev for Veteran & Entrepreneur

“Basically, the company really cares about what they do and won’t do anything subpar.”

Inventive Mobile developed a social media app, designing several variations of the platform. Analyzing app trends, they determined which features would help the app succeed and created a simple UX.

Kijja Tantayanurak
Owner, Dot

The app is in its final development stages. Pleased with the app’s design, stakeholders plan to launch it soon. Rather than just producing the app, Inventive Mobile showed a lot of character by demonstrating personal investment in the app’s success and minimizing costs. They’re great partners.

I’m the co-creator of an app called Dot.

What challenge were you trying to address with Inventive Mobile?

We hired Inventive Mobile to develop our social media app.

I was very unfamiliar with app development, so they helped with everything from design to development. They provided different variations of the app so I could choose what looked best. While I wanted to roll out many different features at once, they helped me understand that to many functionalities can overwhelm a user. We analyzed trends to help us formulate realistic goals, and they focused on certain functions that would create a positive UX.

I’ve been working primarily with Mike (CEO, Inventive Mobile). I think he took on the brunt of the work because he wanted to deliver a great product for me, but may have had a larger team working with him.

How did you come to work with Inventive Mobile?

I was researching app developers online, and I thought they had a really professional website. They’ve also worked with some very big companies, so I knew they had good experience. I reached out for a quote, and they gave me an affordable price range.

Their team knew I was a veteran, and it was clear that they wanted the app to succeed. Instead of just completing the project, they became invested in what we wanted to accomplish. It showed a lot about Mike’s character. After meeting Mike, he was great at explaining what this process would look like and I was confident moving forward with them.

We’ve spent $39,000 on the app.

We started working together in January 2019 and the project is ongoing.

The app looks exactly how I envisioned it, so I’m very satisfied. We’re on our last build and will be launching the app soon. I’ve worked on another app development project with another company, but Inventive Mobile delivered a better product for a more reasonable cost. They’ve met every requirement at each milestone.

How did Inventive Mobile perform from a project management standpoint?

Mike is very responsive and his team has been very good. We’ve hit every milestone on time. We generally email but have met in-person twice. When I’ve expressed concerns, Mike is always willing to sit down with me and address the issue.

They don’t look at their customers as another dollar sign. They actually invest themselves in the app and its success. Basically, the company really cares about what they do and won’t do anything subpar.

I really don’t think there’s anything they need to improve.

Know exactly what you want from your application. Then, maintain a good line of communication and be courteous by responding to them in an appropriate amount of time. If you don’t communicate with them, they can’t move forward, and that’s when deadlines will be missed.

Overall Score I’d give them a 5 all the way through. Trust me, they’re great.
    Compared to the last team I worked with, they’ve delivered a better product and their pricing is fair.
    They fit the bill. All requirements have been met.
    Very likely! They’re good people.

Mobile Development for Healthcare Startup

“They're truly invested in helping us bring our idea to life.”

Nov. 2018 - Ongoing

Replacing a less competent provider, Inventive Mobile designed and developed an iOS application. They guided the entire process from prototyping to building an MVP of an app.

Samuel Wairiri
Founder, Healthcare Platform

The feedback from potential users has been positive and the in-house team loves the look and feel of the platform. Inventive Mobile goes above and beyond to meet all needs, while their exceptional project management skills helped them establish a seamless process.

I'm the founder of a health-focused platform and we help the general public that has medical questions to get answers from licensed physicians.

What challenge were you trying to address with Inventive Mobile?

We needed development resources to help us build a mobile app. We began working with another company, but we were not satisfied, so we started looking for a new vendor.

Inventive Mobile created a prototype and then developed an MVP of our platform. It’s an iOS app and they managed both design and development. If we have any feedback or need to make changes, we have a meeting with them.

I interact mostly with Michael (Co-Founder, Inventive Mobile), who has a team of developers underneath him.

How did you come to work with Inventive Mobile?

We were looking for an offshore development company that had a local office, and we came across Inventive Mobile. We got in touch with Michael, who was very responsive and called us back almost immediately. Their portfolio and their reviews also looked impressive, so we decided to give them a chance.

We've spent over $50,000.

We started working with them in November 2018 and the relationship is ongoing.

We're happy with the design and the functionality of the platform. The feedback from our potential users has also been excellent.

How did Inventive Mobile perform from a project management standpoint?

Inventive Mobile is more organized than any other company I've worked with. Their turnaround times are fast and they've met our deadlines.

They're truly invested in helping us bring our idea to life. Also, Michael is an exceptional lead. He's always trying to understand our vision and help us build out our ideas.

I can't think of anything.

It'd help if you could sit down with Michael and lay out your vision. They have the capability to work with people from anywhere in the country, but I'd definitely recommend meeting with Michael in person.

They'll sit down with you and work out the budget.
    We're impressed with the product.
    I've already recommended them.

iOS & Android Dev for Working Parents

“They’re transparent and have developed the iOS and Android apps exactly as I expected.”

June 2018 - Ongoing

Inventive Mobile is building an iOS and Android app, collaborating with the in-house team on both design and dev. The app has an internal messaging feature and is almost finished and ready to go live.

Renton, Washington
Kanako Matsumoto
Owner, Task-KI, Inc.

Inventive Mobile solely does mobile app dev, making them skilled and knowledgeable in their field. They care about the project, providing suggestions and feedback to make it even better.

I'm the founder of Task-KI, Inc., a company that helps working parents connect.

What challenge were you trying to address with Inventive Mobile?

I needed a partner to develop an iOS and Android mobile app.

We met to determine the scope of our work and what I wanted out of the apps. They provided designs and wireframes for what the different pages would look like, and we iterated back and forth until we reached something I liked. They then began development, which I also tested and critiqued. We have about 10% of the work left before we go live.

The app allows working parents to pick up each other’s children from daycare safely and efficiently. Users can also message one another and exchange services without having any monetary costs.

My main point of contact is the project manager, but I’ve also met the developer.

How did you come to work with Inventive Mobile?

I’d found several firms and even interviewed some, but none of them seemed like a good fit. I wanted a partner that did nothing but mobile app dev. I eventually found Inventive Mobile on Clutch. We met in person a few times to discuss the project, and they said they could do it, so I hired them.

I’ve spent between $100,000-$150,000.

We partnered in June 2018, and the work is ongoing.

How did Inventive Mobile perform from a project management standpoint?

We developed the scope and payment terms together, communicating every step of the way. We have regular milestones where I’m able to give feedback, and it’s all gone well so far. We mainly communicate via phone and email.

They’re serious about their work and only take on projects that they know they can finish. They aren’t afraid to push back and provide suggestions to improve the product and partnership. They even researched before accepting the project to make sure my product would do well in the marketplace.

They could be better at proactively educating people on the different technical terms they use. If I ask, they’ll explain, but it would be nice if they had a guide or other document that had the answers.

Spend time with them before jumping into a project. If possible, meet in person until you feel comfortable with one another. Once you get to know them, you realize that they are super capable of any mobile app projects and highly dependable.

Overall Score Things have gone as expected, and they're incredibly accommodating.
    They’re clear, transparent, and keep us on track.
    I shopped around, so I know they're a good price and worth the money.
    They take care of us and communicate well.
    I trust them and would definitely refer them.

Educational App for Youth Learning Center

"Inventive Mobile worked hard to meet moving deadlines and evolving project goals."

Sept. 2018 - Ongoing

Inventive Mobile was hired to build an interactive and design-heavy mobile application for an educational learning center that targets underprivileged youth. The product was for a creative studio's client.

Boise, Idaho
Joshua Dunson
Creative Director, New Visual Media

All parties involved were extremely pleased with the work. User engagement on the application has been positive. Inventive Mobile delivered high-quality work within a tight deadline. They are skilled and take scope changes in stride. Expect a communicative team of developers.

I’m the creative director of New Visual Media, a digital signage installation and content creation studio that works with large retail spaces across North America.

For what projects/services did your company hire Inventive Mobile?

Our company was tasked with creating an interactive exhibit for an educational learning center that targets underprivileged youth. After finalizing designs and getting them improved by our client, we needed a company to develop the mobile app.

We wanted an app that delivered info quickly through imagery and video. Our users needed to engage within two minutes. The project also needed to be completed within a short time frame.

My team reached out to several companies. Inventive Mobile was responsive, and their proposals understood our goals.

Our project was a bit unconventional. Inventive Mobile worked hard to meet moving deadlines and evolving project goals.

My team worked closely with a project manager. They were our primary contact throughout.

With Inventive Mobile’s help, we were able to reach satisfactory results that wowed our client. User engagement was also high. Their team met project deadlines each time.

Communication between our teams was excellent. I was always kept in the loop about how the project was going. Their team provided significant updates, and we kept in contact easily. As our client’s needs shifted, they worked with the changes alongside us.

Inventive Mobile did an exceptional job, educating our team on the process and helping every step of the way.

We were delighted with the result and are looking forward to working with them in the future.

Overall Score I'm completely satisfied with Inventive Mobile. We will do business again.
    The scheduling was on time and accommodating.
    The quality was exactly as agreed upon ahead of time.
    Great experience working with them.

iOS and Android App Dev for Global E-Commerce Comp

“They expertly balance strong design, development, and management skills.”

May 2016 - Feb. 2018

Inventive Mobile analyzed an internal client management app, identified key problem areas in both the design and technical components, conducted user research and testing, then made the necessary changes.

Marketing Lead, Global E-commerce Company

Since updating the application, internal usage rates have increased by about 40%, and it has generated millions in additional company revenue. Inventive Mobile managed a seamless collaboration, communicating updates and progress reports when necessary. The team was very responsive and knowledgeable.

I lead a marketing team at a successful global e-commerce company with over ten thousand employees.

For what projects/services did your company hire Inventive Mobile?

We were encountering issues with the usability and functionality of an in-house iOS and Android application used by several teams to manage relationships with our clients. We were looking for an experienced app design and development company to analyze the system and identify the major problem areas, then make necessary changes.

We needed to improve the usability and performance of the app. We wanted to eliminate the errors and confusion for end users that relied on the platform. Additionally, we were looking to implement several new features.

We initially reached out to about 10 vendors, and eventually shortlisted a few candidates. Ultimately, we chose to partner with Inventive Mobile. They responded quickly and approached mobile design and development with precision. We felt comfortable with them in our first interactions, and they were also the most competitive in terms of pricing.

First, we provided all of the information we had regarding the key issues and an overview of our vision for the updated application. It was a very basic outline with minimal details. Within a couple of weeks, the Inventive Mobile team identified the key problems stemming from both the design elements and technical aspects. After some user research and testing, they provided us with a proposed plan of attack. We prioritized each task and handled each one in an iterative fashion. Looking at the full scope of their work, they basically redesigned the app from the inside out. The main project is complete, but we’ve continued to work with them on new features and enhancements.

We worked directly with one of their principals for the full project. In the beginning, we had a few conversations with their design and development team.

Since launching the updated app, its usage has increased by over 40%. Our internal users and executives claim that it has helped them generate millions in additional revenue for our company.

The collaboration was very fluid. The Inventive Mobile team provided weekly updates to ensure we were always aware of their progress, so there wasn’t much day-to-day communication. We provided them with a vaguely defined problem, and they solved it with skill. Overall, their team is responsive and easy to work with.

They’re knowledgeable and capable of working quickly. The team promptly identified and fixed our key issues. They expertly balance strong design, development, and management skills.

I can’t think of anything at the moment. I would have no hesitation in working with them again.

App Development for Investment Advisory Firm

“They’re invested in helping companies succeed and building excellent products.”

May 2015 - July 2017

Inventive Mobile collaborated on a suite of mobile apps for lead generation. The products include a corresponding website and backend system. They supported design, development, and product management.

Palo Alto, California
Co-Founder, VP of Sales, Financial Services Firm

Inventive Mobile brainstormed an impactful product strategy and facilitated a seamless delivery. They produced high-caliber products that work flawlessly in tandem to attract tens of thousands of more leads than was possible before. Dependable and diligent, the team was committed to client success.

I was the co-founder and VP of sales for an investment advisory firm. We partnered with large financial services companies including Morgan Stanley, Merrill Lynch, and Hightower.

For what projects/services did your company hire Inventive Mobile?

We needed a trusted development partner to help us build a large-scale lead generation platform.

Our primary objective was to develop a scalable platform that would enable our company to manage and automate the end-to-end lead generation process. The system and applications needed to be fast, reliable, and easy to use.

Inventive Mobile was referred by a mutual acquaintance who spoke very highly of their team.

We needed a more efficient method to generate leads for our company. Following our initial discussions, Inventive Mobile helped us craft a product strategy. The solution is comprised of a suite of a website, back-end system, and suite of mobile apps to manage all of our outbound marketing initiatives from a desktop computer or on-the-go.

After we provided general details about the product we needed, Inventive Mobile packaged everything together into a coherent, sensible product. They helped us with the entire process, from product management to design and software development.

We worked with three people from Inventive Mobile. Their team included the lead software developer, a designer, and the main product and project manager who was also one of the co-founders of the company.

Inventive Mobile helped us develop a system and applications that generated tens of thousands of additional leads for our company. The degree of success we experienced would not have been possible otherwise.

We held meetings multiple times a week to ensure the deliverables were on track and that we’d communicated all the project details properly. Inventive Mobile was extraordinarily responsible and cared deeply about doing a great job for us.

Inventive Mobile is a very kind, honest, and capable team. They are extremely reliable and organized. Most of our previous development partners seemed to extend the minimum possible effort for our projects.

The team at Inventive Mobile genuinely cares about their clients and the products they create together. They’re invested in helping companies succeed and building excellent products.

There are none at this time.

Mobile App Dev for Investment Firm and Global IT company

"Inventive Mobile is a fantastic partner in software development who always delivers the very best product for our customers."

Oct. 2015 - Feb. 2016

Inventive Mobile built market-leading iOS and Android mobile apps and managed every step of the process from concept to wireframes to deployment.

Ned Hayes
Former Director of Product Management, Vulcan Labs

Inventive Mobile worked very quickly and efficiently; they outclassed previous vendors with their excellent project management and their attentiveness to the apps' market, which helped attract additional customers. Planning and responsiveness were also strengths from this collaboration.

I was the director of product management under Paul Allen, during which time I worked with Inventive Mobile. When I worked at Xerox PARC, we also worked with Inventive Mobile and were very happy with their work on our mobile apps there. For the last five years, I have been the product strategist for visual computing and context-awareness at Intel and have also contracted with Inventive Mobile in this capacity at Intel.

What challenge were you trying to address with Inventive Mobile?

At Vulcan, PARC, and Intel, we needed applications developed for product launches at major shows such as GIGA-OM, Mobile Future Forward, CES, Mobile World Congress and Intel Developer Forum. Inventive Mobile had a huge challenge of a tight unmoveable deadline and a demanding developer and consumer audience.

We worked very closely with Inventive Mobile on the different pieces that they did for Vulcan Labs, PARC, and Intel. Inventive Mobile delivered mobile applications for all three companies. My teams have been able to provide wireframes for some of the apps they've developed for us, but often Inventive Mobile worked closely with us to define the product plan and wireframes. Inventive Mobile owned mobile app development in every aspect of development and deployment.

How did you come to work with Inventive Mobile?

I originally met one of the principals at Inventive Mobile, while we were working at the same company. I was so impressed with her work ethic that when she left the company, I asked if she would be willing to contract for us. She was able to work with us, which was fantastic.

I’ve done work with many vendors over the years and have a competitive bidding process. I’ve been excited to see Inventive Mobile consistently rise to the top of our selection. They have become a best-in-class vendor both for Vulcan Labs as well as other companies I’ve worked for.

How much have you invested with Inventive Mobile?

Teams I've worked with have invested between $100,000 - $300,000 over the life of the projects.

Inventive Mobile continues to be a valued partner for my teams.

In the past, we've worked on projects with tight turnarounds and longer scale projects. For example, we did one project that lasted for six months. That was a fast turnaround, and we were able to move forward very quickly. I don't currently have a project open with Inventive Mobile.

I’ve seen Inventive Mobile successfully develop business apps as well as consumer-orientated apps. The Apple and Android stores have a huge amount of interest in several of the apps we’ve developed with Inventive Mobile. They’ve gone far and above our expectations in terms of downloads. I also know that the install base for apps has been fantastic.

Inventive Mobile excelled at delivering mobile apps to our specifications on extremely tight timelines. They were creative and worked within tight budgets, making it possible for our teams to land additional customers in the market very quickly, and we were able to showcase our technology at major shows because of Inventive Mobile's professionalism and delivery.

How did Inventive Mobile perform from a project management standpoint?

They were really good and quite clear in terms of expectations. It has been a really solid working relationship. They were fantastic in terms of meeting deliverables, and they were able to make it even when we pulled in the timeline. I found their delivery capabilities to be above other vendors. One example is we had switched to another vendor for one project and that vendor dropped the ball. We had to turn back to Inventive Mobile and ask them to pick up the project and deliver it on time. That was a problem. But to me, it demonstrated once again how Inventive Mobile consistently delivered, regardless of where other people were at.

What did you find most impressive about Inventive Mobile?

I was impressed by the clarity of planning and discussion. They cared about getting it right. It was nice to have a partner in software development who wasn’t just doing what we said, but actually wanted to deliver the best. Inventive Mobile was attentive to the market, consistently informing us of ways to improve our product and be more responsive. Inventive Mobile is a fantastic partner in software development who always delivers the very best for our customers.

Are there any areas Inventive Mobile could improve?

It’d be great if they were a bigger company, but I think they’ve consciously chosen to remain small and stay focused. This has allowed them to devote all the resources we need for a project.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Inventive Mobile?

It’s useful for anyone to have their plan put together and know what they are aiming at. Inventive Mobile has pushed back when we didn’t know exactly what we’re doing. I think that’s a valid response when we didn’t have it together yet. It’s important to get your ducks in a row before you work with them. They are professionals and expect you to have your stuff in order.

The downside of working with Inventive Mobile is they don’t have a team of 16 program managers who will manage everything for you. The upside is you’re going to be dealing directly with the principals. That means you won’t have to go through multiple layers of management to make a simple change. Inventive Mobile is incredibly responsive.

Overall Score They really have gone above and beyond and have exceeded my expectations almost every time.
    They consistently deliver on time and ahead of schedule.
    For what you’re getting, I’ve found them priced extraordinarily well.
    The quality is consistently high, the deliverables are consistent with expectations, and there’s never any doubt about what you’re receiving.
    I’ve recommended them multiple times. I feel like they are best in class and incredibly well priced for being best in class.

Gaming App Dev for E-Learning Company

"Inventive Mobile was always responsive and excited to help, making sure I was a satisfied client."

Sept. 2016 - Jan. 2017

Built from initial specifications, Inventive Mobile built the user interface for an Android mobile game.

Co-Founder and CEO , E-Learning Company

Early feedback for the app was very positive from investors and users. Contracting with Inventive allowed her to get started on her project quicker than if she had a full-time staff. Inventive Mobile's project management shined; they worked very hard to deliver projects on time.

I’m the CEO of a startup that creates mobile games for e-learning.

What challenge were you trying to address with Inventive Mobile?

We wanted to create the first prototype of our game.

Inventive Mobile built the user interface from start to finish for our first mobile game. It was developed for Android. We had the specs for a product, not as fully detailed as you normally would, but just right for the first prototype for a startup. We gave them the specs and they developed it. When they would do iterations, we would review it and I’d ask for changes. Inventive Mobile was always responsive and excited to help, making sure I was a satisfied client.

How did you come to work with Inventive Mobile?

I posted a few ads on Craigslist and GeekWire, looking for a senior Android mobile developer to help. I don’t remember which one it was that Inventive Mobile answered. We met with Jessica, the principal, and explained to her what we were doing. She was interested in what we were doing and wanted to help. She quickly put her skills to use and built us a prototype.

How much have you invested with Inventive Mobile?

We spent between $10,000 and $50,000.

We started working with her in September or October 2016. The work was done in January 2017.

The early feedback from both users and investors was very positive, and it helped me move forward to the next milestone of my company. That was really important. Although we now have in-house development capabilities, I had no full-time employees at the time when I hired Inventive Mobile, which is why I needed a contractor like her. She helped me get started much more quickly than I would have been able to if I waited until hiring a full-time person.

How did Inventive Mobile perform from a project management standpoint?

Inventive Mobile delivered what they said they were going to deliver on time. We met in person and talked on the phone a couple of times, but in between, it was mostly email.

What did you find most impressive about Inventive Mobile?

Jessica is a really hard worker. When she says she’s going to get something done, she does. I don’t know where she finds all of the hours to work, but she works hard. She knew we had a deadline and dedicated herself to helping us meet that deadline, and I very much appreciated that.

Are there any areas Inventive Mobile could improve?

I don’t know. In our situation, Inventive Mobile was working independently. Near the end, I hired people and it would have been interesting to see how Jessica works in a team environment. But perhaps when you are hiring a consultant, they are always independent.

Normal things apply: make sure you have a clear statement of work and that Inventive Mobile understands what to do. My experience was that when Jessica understood what to do, she was fully on board and worked hard to satisfy me as her client. That was great.

Overall Score Inventive Mobile created our first mobile game. They created something out of nothing, and that was a huge milestone for our company.
    Inventive Mobile worked very hard, and it was mostly on target.
    They delivered well on what I asked them to do.
    The primary thing I asked Inventive Mobile to do was to deliver a user interface that performed in the way I asked it to be. They did that very well.