RIDING TECHNOLOGY'S WAVE

Intersog® is a Chicago-based provider of full-cycle custom software engineering and Agile Team Staffing solutions with R&D centers in North America and Eastern Europe.

We invite you to take advantage of our 12 years of experience with building successful web and mobile products for startups and Fortune 500 companies, as well as our team placement capabilities and expertise in innovative technologies such as IoT, Big Data, AR/VR, Cloud, etc.

We build strategic to tactical ROI driven software solutions from scratch and help evolve existing applications, deploy and customize Big Data analytics, replace legacy software and eliminate your technical debt.

Whether you're looking to outsource your entire product development or get plug and play IT talent for your in-house project fast and cost-effectively - we offer different engagement models that can fit in nearly any software development budget.

Get in touch to discuss your project and how we can assist with your development strategy!

2005
    Odesa, OD 65009
    Ukraine
    +38 067 489 4277

Elite Staffing

Elite Staffing was looking for an external software development company to build a job description tablet kiosk application with a web-based back-end CMS to populate and categorize job descriptions.

For this project, Intersog built a collaborative software development team with Elite Staffing to facilitate the analysis, definition, testing and delivery phases.

The iOS and Android app was built with hybrid code (HTML5) and published in the appropriate app stores. The web CMS system/admin portal was done with the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP). Amazon Web Services (AWS) was recommended as a “pay as you go” platform for hosting the web services because Elite Staffing didn’t have own servers in-house.

Michigan Catholic Conference

Michigan Catholic Conference (MCC) was looking for an external mobile application development provider to build an employee self-service (ESS) mobile application for providing easy access to crucial information including required forms for benefits administration. After thorough evaluation of several service providers, MCC eventually chose Intersog as their software development partner.

Intersog created an intuitive mobile app for benefit participants to access forms, calculators, documents and educational videos provided by MCC. The app is integrated with employee self-serve features of the Morneau Sheppel benefit administration system (MSS). One primary goal of the app is to reduce calls to the call center by providing expanded access to information and readily available self-service functions.

The MCC ESS app was built using a cross-platform development approach (HTML5) for both iOS and Android platforms and deployed as a native app using PhoneGap.

University of Michigan - Transportation Research Institute

The University of Michigan was researching how to assist the State of Michigan’s Department of Transportation with better monitoring of their current road conditions. Intersog collaborated with the client to build a mobile application that would deliver real-time, pertinent data on current road conditions. The app is used to determine which areas of road need repair, snow/ice removal or other typical preventive maintenance. The goal was to build an embedded system function that integrated with the vehicle’s anti-lock braking system (ABS) to monitor and provide real-time road condition data for the department’s fleet of vehicles during their normal routes.

As a result, Intersog developed a mobile solution that is based on data gathering from OBD-II. Read more at http://intersog....

Ski Nation is the first mobile application that identifies EVERY SKI AREA in the USA and Canada regardless of their size or type.

Track every place you ever skied, every season, and all your days on snow. Collect online pins for every visit and share with friends. Help build the Independent Skier Network that will allow you to review insider offers and information from ski areas, gear makers, and shops without compromising your personal information.

Read more at http://intersog.com/portfolio/ski-nation/

CDW

Intersog built a B2B mobility solution for internal and external sales representatives of CDW, a leading provider of technology products and services for businesses, government and education. The app's goal is to improve CDW's client service activities.

Once the user has logged-in and gained access to their client list, they can drill into the results list to find specific contacts, orders or quotes. Any of which can be selected to find detailed information of each result. The read-only data available in the mobile app is utilized to facilitate client requests, while allowing the rep to be more mobile. Read more at http://intersog.com/portfolio/computer-discount-warehouse/

DECIDE Treatment

Custom-built patient decision aid system for a collaborative initiative of Innlandet Hospital Trust, Dips ASA, the Norwegian University of Science and Technology and the Norwegian Knowledge Centre for the Health Services.

Read project description at http://intersog.com/portfolio/innlandet-health-trust/

The world's first free-market telemedicine system. For the cost of a co-pay, VideoMedicine connects citizens with world class, leading health care providers. Our custom-built telehealth solution for Chicago-based Video Medicine, Inc. protects user privacy and provides access to over 40+ Ivy-League specialists across multiple categories (Cardiology, Dermatology, Oncology, and more). VideoMedicine is HIPAA compliant and uses high-level encryption. If needed, there is an optional anonymous mode to hide your true identity.

iPad App Development for Financial Services Company

"They served as more than just the day-to-day account management. They were instrumental in brainstorming on the user experience."

Intersog consulted and advised in the development of a wealth management iPad app. They specifically contributed expertise on how young consumers engage with wealth management software.

10,001 + Employees

Director of Marketing Communications, Financial Services Firm

Although the difference in time zones made communication stilted, Intersog was instrumental in the brainstorming process. Their attentive service and conceptual expertise made them a valued strategic partner.

Please describe your company. What is your role and responsibilities?

I am head of marketing communications for a global financial services firm. We focus on wealth management, asset management, and asset servicing. We have 15,000 employees.

What was your goal for working with Intersog?

We wanted to market wealth management capabilities and focus on brand awareness, specifically in the iPad environment.

We engaged Intersog to help us develop an app for the iPad.

What was your process for selecting Intersog with which to work?

I think the key was really consulting and collaborating with our account representative. I had been utilizing Intersog’s help off and on through the course of a year, brainstorming ideas on how we could develop something for wealth management and the younger audience. We were able to collaborate with them on some ideas. So, I hadn’t necessary talked with other vendors. We do use other vendors in app development, and since then we have created an internal mobile center of excellence and IT [information technology]. So, we have resources now which we didn’t have two years ago.

What is the status of the project?

Our project with Intersog is complete. We have since consulted with Intersog for maintenance and support.

I would say the individual attention from our account representative. They served as more than just the day-to-day account management. They were instrumental in brainstorming on the user experience.

I would say that the biggest challenge was that the development resources were out of the country, in different time zones, so there was some lag in communication back and forth.

Customer Relationship Management Development for IT Solutions Company

"They were very good at coming up to speed and learning everything about our company."

Intersog helped build a mobile version of an internal CMS system. The goal was to give the sales force 24/7 access. Intersog successfully integrated with an in-house dev team to deliver the requirements.

Senior Business Manager, IT Solutions Company

Intersog delivered rapid iterations with decreasing turnaround time as they became more adept with the project; they got up to speed on the project remarkably quickly. The team successfully complied with rigorous business rules.

Please describe your organization. What is your role and responsibilities?

I was the previous senior manager for an IT information technology solutions company.

What was your goal for working with Intersog?

We wanted to build a mobile version of our internal CRM system. We wanted our sales force to have mobile access 24/7. We needed Intersog to augment our staff. We didn’t have anybody internal who could build it alone.

What was your process for selecting Intersog with which to work?

Through conversations with a manager of the organization and looking at Intersog in terms of their skill sets, they were the best fit for this particular project.

Can you give a sense of the size of the initiative in dollar terms or a personnel work-hour figure?

This project cost my previous firm between $50,000 and $200,000.

Is there anything unique or special about Intersog that really makes them stand out compared to other business partners?

There are a lot of business rules that are involved in building an application like this. From an insider’s perspective, we worked with Intersog, and they were very good. They were very good at coming up to speed and learning everything about our company. If I had an internal development team, I would expect them to know everything about the business of the company before they would be able to produce any work.

This was a one-off project so a large amount of time educating Intersog about the company would not have been very productive in terms of dollars. But, at the same time, they needed to come up to speed enough to get the work done. Finding the balance was very easy with Intersog. It was easy to get the application started. We had multiple releases in a three-year window. Deliveries were pretty much on time. As they learned, the iterations became tighter.

One of the initial challenges was that the team was based out of Ukraine. We needed to adjust to the time difference. We were able to figure it out. They ended up putting in a dedicated project manager who was immersed into my team. We did that a couple of months into the project. Next time, I would say let’s do this the right way and solve those distance issues right away.

iOS and Android Development of Skiing Application

“Being able to have a team that collaborated with us and took the time to understand what I’m trying to do made a huge difference.”

Apr. 2013 - Sep. 2014

Intersog built an iOS and Android app to fill a niche in the skiing industry. They consulted on preliminary designs and timed the app’s launch with ski season.

Durango, Colorado
Jack Turner
Founder and President, Ski Nation, Inc.

Intersog balanced an ability to take orders with an ability to offer expert guidance on design and functionality. They thoroughly understood the cultural markers of the industry they were designing for. The team seemed truly invested in the product, not just their paycheck.

Please give a brief description of your company and what you do.

My company is mostly me. We do so many different things, everything from produce television shows and films and events, all in the ski industry. We also have a mobile-type program going on here with the Ski Nation app.

What was the business challenge that you were trying to address when you approached Intersog?

The development of a mobile app that would be suitable for our industry.

Why did you want to develop that?

I saw a need for it, and felt that we could find the niche that no one else had done.

Why did you hire Intersog?

I spent more than a year interviewing developers. They were one of the companies that came up through various searches. They put in a bid, and then once I got down to two or three companies, I interviewed them and checked references. I wasn’t able to say 100% that I knew they were the best technically, but my impression was that they were committed to making sure this happens. They were the best, not the cheapest, although I think they’ve been very reasonable in pricing.

How long ago did you start working with them?

More than a year. The length of the development process has been stretched out due to my actions and conditions, not theirs. I have total respect for what they’ve been doing.

Do you have an estimated launch date for the application?

Around the end of the last week of August or first week of September of 2014, and that’s due to the nature of the skiing culture.

In which system is the application built?

iOS and Android.

How would you describe Intersog’s performance?

We haven’t launched yet. So far, I am so happy with Intersog in terms of their follow-up and their patience because I haven’t done this before.

Since this is our first shot at this, we’re not an order giver. I can’t say, “I want A, B, C, and D,” and then they fulfill it. That’s what so many of these companies are where you go in, and they say, “Tell us what you want.” Part of the reason why I’m seeking out help is to say, “Can you help me figure out what I need? Here’s what I want to accomplish. Don’t ask me just to give you the laundry list of things to perform. Here are the various things that we want to do.” They were really good about not only hearing our request, our functionality and things that we wanted, but being able to hear us say, “We want A, B, C, and D”, and they go, “We can do that, but you might think about A, B, C, and F. F might work a little bit better than D for you.” They were very much collaborators with us. I really learned that since we gave them the job.

It didn’t go exactly the way we thought from the very start. As you get into this, you find that something’s changed with the industry or the market, or our personal capacities regarding what we could build and what we couldn’t. The thing about Intersog that I appreciate is that they’ve been very flexible about saying, “Okay. Let’s figure out another way to get this done.” I can’t tell you that everything works perfectly because we haven’t launched yet. We haven’t tested, and we’ll have to have consumer feedback. But, so far, they are 100% a good contractor. They’re almost more a partner. They’re not technically a partner, but I sure view them that way, and I like them.

Looking back on the work done so far, is there any area that you think Intersog could improve upon or that you would do differently as a client of theirs?

I think the person that could have made improvements is probably me, but no, I don’t have any criticism of them at all.

Any other feedback to add?

One thing I look for in every project I do is the company and the people in the company that are vested in the project or they care about it. They’re not just like, “We’re really good at this.” My feeling is that they care about how good this thing comes out.

Secondly, they are very willing and able not just to take orders, but also to provide input and collaboration. For me, being able to have a team that collaborated with us and could make suggestions as well as take orders, and took the time to understand what I’m trying to do made a huge difference. That was what I was looking for from the very start. They are certainly familiar with my industry and my culture. Skiing is a culture; it’s not just an industry. Some of the Intersog people did actually ski. They really caught on and listened to me. Often, they would say, “Here’s our concept for this screen shot,” and they’d have a picture there. I could look at that picture and say, “We have to change that picture out because anyone in our industry is going to look at that picture and know that whoever did this doesn’t really understand our culture. We need to go with this one.” They would learn from that and say, “I see what you’re doing there.” They were very open and never offended when we would say our opinion. Those are the things that really meant a lot to me, and do mean a lot to me in terms of where we’re going right now.

iOS Development for Golf Applications

“They were excellent. I have nothing but good things to say about them.”

2010 - Ongoing

Intersog built multiple sports data apps. Features included a golf handicap integration and auto-renew subscriptions. They continue to add functionalities and provide AdWords marketing to increase users.

Florida
Bill Helman
President, Sports Data Systems

Intersog demonstrated incredible technical prowess with previously unheard-of features. The team was responsive and communicative and quickly picked up on the golf jargon. They provided expert guidance on technical features like the leaderboard and cloud integration.

Please give a brief description of your company.

Our company is called Sports Data Systems, Inc. We started out about five years ago to make golf apps that feature the statistical portion of golf applications. We worked with Intersog to make them better. They helped us create three applications, one of which got into the top 10 percent of paid apps in the iTunes store last year and the year before.

What is your role at the company?

I’m the president.

When you began working with Intersog, how far along were you into the development process?

Intersog had a technical person, Sergey, who sent me a demo of his impression of what he thought I wanted. It was pretty close to what I wanted. So, I worked with Sergey to develop the first app, and that’s how we got started with them.

When you first started, did you have any specific business goals for the project?

Business goals, no. I had no idea what was going on. I started out before the iPhone was popular and had worked with Shenzhen Electronics in China to develop a handheld unit that would record your golf stats. I went to the PGA show, and as we’re walking out the door, one of the people asked me, “Do you have this through the iPhone?” I asked him, “What’s an iPhone?” He showed me what it was, and I said, “Well, this is a whole lot better than manufacturing a device in China.” That’s how we got started in the mobile business.

Why did you select Intersog to work with in the first place?

It’s mainly because of Sergey. He’s the guy that made the model work. I don’t recall exactly how I met him. He seemed to be one of the few people that I ran across that had some idea of how to take the project from the start to the finish. I do recall that other people met were not, in my opinion, able to do it at the time. Back in those days, very few people were skilled at developing apps.

When did the relationship with Intersog begin?

About four or five years ago.

Can you describe in more detail the scope of the work Intersog has done for you?

It started out with an application called MyStrokeTracker. Then, the next one we did was MyGolfStats, which was a greatly enhanced version of MyStrokeTracker. It had a lot more screens. It was simpler to operate. It held a lot more data, and it was really a popular application. Almost everybody who has developed applications in the world of golf copied everything that we did, just modified it one way or another, with better graphics and things like that.

But, our app was pretty effective, and we were able to integrate the golf handicap. That was a pretty popular feature, too. A lot of people used it.

When Sergey finished the project, and we put it out in iTunes, I was wondering how we were going to get downloads. We got some from the search engines and iTunes, but it wasn’t a lot. So, I worked with AdWords, with a budget of $100. I did $0.10 a piece, and we got 1,000 clicks, maybe about 200 downloads. I said, “Maybe I’ll drop the price down to the lowest they have,” which was $0.03. If you do that math, for $100, you get 3,600 clicks. The next day, we had 800 downloads. We wound up with 12,000 downloads for the week.

Incredible, so we were the top-ranked app right away. This was free because I didn’t know what to do. I didn’t know anything about [monetizing apps]. I didn’t know anybody that knew anything about it. I made the app $0.99, and we got zero downloads. People wouldn’t pay for it.

The latest project they did for me was called MyGolfLeaderboard. This should be the best app in the iTunes store but, unfortunately, it will never come to pass. I ran into some trouble with Apple where they didn’t want us to use the auto-renew subscription feature. I had to take the app out of the App store, and that was the killer, for three months until Intersog was able to change the renewal feature to regular renew. I had a real battle with Apple, and they admitted they were wrong. But, by that time, the negative comments were pretty bad. It didn’t work out for us.

But, Intersog did create great applications for us. None of [the Intersog team] knew anything about golf. They all had to learn it. They all learned the terms. We had a language barrier. It was difficult to start. But, it was perfect. These guys were great.

How else would you describe the performance of Intersog?

When I went to college, I studied systems engineering. So, I did all the calculations for the handicaps and for all the scorecards. I was able to guide them step by step and frame by frame, so everybody knew exactly what to do. They’re excellent in mathematics. But, they didn’t know what a birdie was. I had to give them the definitions for technical golf terms. I was able to do it on an Excel spreadsheet. I got it all to work in Excel, they followed the Excel formulas, and made it go right into the app.

It’s pretty great. They were really quite good. The leaderboard was a completely different story where I didn’t know what I was doing, and they were able to guide me through the servers. It’s really a cloud-based app where if you’re in the Washington, D.C., area playing the Congressional with Tiger Woods and President Barack Obama, I could see your score right on my iPad. That’s pretty cool stuff. You can have everybody post his or her scores on the universal leaderboard. That was the next phase of the technology that we were going to do, where you could see everybody all around the country playing on the same weekend for a charity. We were able to do that. I doubt if it will ever come to pass. That’s where we stand with the app. Intersog made it all happen.

Is there anything unique about Intersog compared to other companies that you may have worked with in the past?

They were quite responsive. I had good communications with them. Everything worked out well. We were able to overcome the time differences and language differences and it worked out terrific. They were excellent. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

They did have a few people that they changed over; I guess that’s probably true no matter what company you work with. I started with Sergey, and then they had another team of people that I worked with for two years, but then they went on to different paths. This is the third team that I’m working with, and they’re pretty good.

Is there any area that you think that they could improve on or that you would do differently?

There were two phases of the app. One was the technical creation of it. The next phase was the marketing. I worked with them to some degree on the marketing, but not totally. I did most of the marketing myself.

The thing that hurt us with the app, which is not the fault of Intersog, is that we had some server issues, and Apple just absolutely killed us when they took the app out of the App Store for a few months. They just killed it.

It did work. There was a guy in California, one in Texas, and I live in Florida. We were able to see each other’s scores while playing at the same time, and it’s a freaking miracle. The technology is spectacular. Other companies that have something similar to that can’t get multiple golf courses. If I were the Golf Channel with an unlimited budget or NBC, I would do it. But, I’m just me. I don’t want to do it anymore.

If you could give a sense of the size of the initiative of the work that they’ve done, either in a cost range or in a work-hour figure?

Through the years, it was around $50,000. The last one, the leaderboard project, was the most complicated.

Web Application for Online Video Advertising Platform

"We made a decision in favor of outsourcing and never regretted it."

September 2015 - Ongoing

Over 4 months, Intersog fully staffed a development team to build a web app for media publishers from prototype to final release. They now maintain the app and are responsible for upgrades.

Alex Bornyakov
CEO, VertaMedia

The app delivered by Intersog fully matched the client's budget and requirements. They're complimented for going above scope and offering strategic direction to improve the effectiveness of the client's product launch strategy.

I'm CEO and co-founder of VertaMedia, a US-based video advertising platform. VertaMedia provides online publishers with a robust technology stack of essential go-to-market tools to monetize video content.

What challenge were you trying to address with Intersog?

Some time ago, we had to build a full-fledged web application for our publishers and had a dilemma of whether to set up our own development team in-house or outsource to a professional service provider via an offshore development center. Eventually, having calculated the cost of in-house resources versus offshore development and weighed all pros and cons, we made a decision in favor of outsourcing and never regretted it.

Intersog assisted us with candidate screening, vetting, and verification, and involved us in the full-cycle process from pre-selection to interview to making a job offer. Intersog was able to fully staff our team in less than a month which was really impressive. We were able to move from prototype to final release in less than four months, which would have been hard to achieve had we chosen to build the app internally, considering the learning curve, the slow time to hire locally, and other overheads related to team setup.

Currently, Intersog takes care of our application maintenance and upgrades. We also keep using Intersog for smaller time and materials projects.

How did you come to work with Intersog?

I was referred to Intersog by a friend of mine who did his project with them before. Timing was critical for us and we were impressed with their speed of candidates search and overall quality of talent submitted for an interview.

The application delivered by Intersog fully matched our budget and requirements. We liked the attitude of our offshore project team; they were always responsive, responsible, and reliable. Intersog didn't just deliver the application, but actually gave us a new product launch strategy which proved to be effective.