We are aggressive. We are tenacious. We Deliver

Bronze

Interdependence is a tech-powered public relations firm powering fast conversion for brands through today’s complex media landscape. Our team activates creative campaigns with remarkable tangible results.

Chicago, IL

PR for Baby Products Retailer

“We’re very happy with their work.”

May 2019 - Ongoing

They provide PR services to a baby products company. They do press releases, which internal stakeholders feature on the company website, and pitch articles to journalists. The team previously did social media.

San Jose, California
General Manager, Baby Products Company

Internal stakeholders are pleased with the results they’ve seen from working with Interdependence, whose performance and deliverables supplement continued engagement. The team is professional and flexible, working to accommodate objectives and overcome challenges. Their costs are reasonable.

I’m the general manager of a company that sells baby carriers.

What challenge were you trying to address with Interdependence?

Our product is different than anything else in the market, so we needed a PR company to help us promote it.

Interdependence provides PR services. They do press releases and pitch to journalists to get them interested in reviewing our product and including it in their coverage.

They work with me on articles that I draft. They basically copywrite the draft and make it a readable copy to the journalists. They also did social media for us for a few months, but we decided that it was easier to handle in-house.

We interact with 5–6 people. We have a main point of contact for PR, and we had one for social media.

How did you come to work with Interdependence?

We looked at three companies and chose Interdependence because we felt that they were the best match for us. They were very specific and did due diligence when sending their proposal.

We started working together in May 2019, and the work is ongoing.

They’ve done all of our press releases, and we have many of them on our website. They’ve done a lot more than the ones we have online, but we’ve been too busy launching to keep the site updated. We like the result of working with them.

How did Interdependence perform from a project management standpoint?

They do a decent job. The staff is quite professional. We have bi-weekly calls and emails.

The team is professional. They’re also flexible in working with our constraints and goals.

We’re happy with the relationship; it’s been positive. We’re constantly reaching out for help.

Be very assertive about your need and constraints. Everyone has different goals, so create a project design that’s specific to your need. They’re quite flexible.

Overall Score We’ve been very happy with them, which is why we continue working with them.
    They deliver.
    The service they provide and the fees they charge are very reasonable.
    We’re very happy with their work.
    We’d recommend them.

PR & Marketing for Real Estate Software Company

“Interdependence helped us gain more brand recognition within the industry.”

June 2018 - Mar. 2019

Interdependence did PR for a real estate software company. The team did press releases, marketing campaigns, and collateral. They helped the team contribute to industry articles and publish their own pieces.

Irvine, California
Chief of Staff, SetSchedule

Their efforts increased the number of articles that internal stakeholders contributed to or published each month, ultimately bolstering market presence. The team delivered content that coincided with current events, relayed any pertinent PR opportunities, and executed quick turnaround times.

I’m the chief of staff at SetSchedule. We’re in the real estate industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Interdependence?

We wanted to get more of a foothold in the marketing industry and increase our brand recognition.

Interdependence focused on media. They were involved in all of our press releases and helped with marketing campaigns and collateral. To establish our company as knowledgeable in the industry, Interdependence also helped us in our efforts to contribute to articles within our industry and to write original pieces.

We worked with four people from Interdependence. Our main point of contact was Laura (VP of Client Services, Interdependence), and she oversaw the entire team. Another team member wrote content pieces, and a few other people contributed as well.

How did you come to work with Interdependence?

One of our founders came across Interdependence when someone recommended them.

My company spent around $60,000.

The engagement lasted from June 2018–March 2019.

Interdependence helped us gain more brand recognition within the industry. We also had a lot more publications when we were working with them, averaging about three original published pieces a month.

How did Interdependence perform from a project management standpoint?

Interdependence performed and communicated very well. They made sure to connect with us regarding any opportunities that came up, and they were constantly relaying what was going on in the real world. For instance, the government shutdown affected our industry, so they tried to create relevant content while it was happening.

Our teams had weekly meetings, during which we went over the traction Interdependence had gotten and any new pitch ideas that they had for media. They provided regular updates about when content pieces would be released.

They pushed to get all of the content pieces that we wanted. The fact that they could turnaround three original pieces each month was impressive.

No, not necessarily. The only thing is that we’re based in California and they’re in Chicago, so there were time and location differences, but that wasn’t something they could control.

Communicate with them and make sure that everyone’s on the same page. Have a clear understanding of what you want to do so that they can drive results in that area.

They definitely met every deadline that we gave them.
    We got a lot from them, but media and PR are always going to be expensive.
    They generated a lot of content. They were also in contact with many different people while communicating constantly to our team what was going on.
    I’ve already been referring them and sharing my experience working with them.

Public Relations for Global Manufacturing Company

"The way they did research on us ahead of time helped make the whole process very streamlined."

June - Sept. 2018

Interdependence provided PR services, including writing and interviewing, in order to place articles in European markets.

Seattle, Washington
Barbara Kiliz
Marketing Manager, AeroGo

Interdependence met the goal for the number of articles, which received positive feedback from key stakeholders. They efficiently kept the project moving and on deadline. The team’s quality deliverables and client-focused approach set them up for potential future engagement.

I'm the marketing manager for AeroGo, a 50-year-old manufacturing company based out of Seattle that sells globally.

What challenge were you trying to address with Interdependence?

We needed to get placements in European publications. We wanted to create educational awareness in the industrial market about our products.

The process was pretty simple. Interdependence held an overview call to learn about our technology. Then they assigned a writer to us. He conducted a couple of interviews to get additional background on the specific manufacturing sectors we focused on. He wrote some short pitches specific to our targets. Once they got some placements, we did expanded interviews to finish off the stories. Each story was around 1,000–1,500 words.

We had an overall account manager, and we worked with 2–3 other people.

How did you come to work with Interdependence?

I might have found them on Thumbtack, but I'm not sure. I contacted several firms I found online that focus on Europe. They called me back quickly, which was amazing because I needed to move fast.

We spent about $4,500.

We worked together from June–September 2018.

We had a specific goal of the number of articles we wanted to publish per month. They absolutely 100% met that goal. The way they did research on us ahead of time helped make the whole process very streamlined. They totally delivered, which made it an excellent interaction from my perspective.

How did Interdependence perform from a project management standpoint?

They provided good, clean project management. They were very efficient. They didn't waste time by giving us weekly updates. They told us what the track was going to be, and then they ensured the project stayed on track. We mostly communicated by email.

I was impressed by their focus on my needs. They met my goals, objectives, and budget without any extra fluff or sales pitches. I don't have time to go through multiple emails just to be told the project is on track. Other people would perhaps feel they didn't communicate enough, but to me, they communicated the right amount. They told me exactly what I needed to know and not a lot of vendors do that.

I don't think so. I'm definitely going to use them again on a new project.

Overall Score They deliver what they promise. It was quite a good experience.
    They're organized, efficient, and stick to deadlines.
    They’re on par with others that I've engaged for this kind of work.
    If I was being picky, they could’ve given more detail on a couple of things.
    I’d for sure recommend them.

Bronze