InspiLab is a startup studio based in Saigon

InspiLab is a startup studio based in Saigon who collaborate & create essential products for a well-communicated world.

We are a product team of entrepreneurs, engineers, designers, and strategists. At InspiLab, we run our own products and businesses so we understand how hard it is to keep up the good work. We can be your partner, taking your product from end to end: from understanding the problem that you're solving, giving business insights, to forming a real world product with millions of users.

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
  • 384 Hoang Dieu, District 4
    Ho Chi Minh, HC 700000
    Vietnam

Information Technology Services Company, Front-end Web Development

"They make my priorities their priorities, which is different from some people that I’ve worked with."

InspiLab handled the creation of a content management system and built the front end of websites to fit various templates. They also worked on landing pages using dynamic JavaScript functions.

Toronto, Canada
Founder, IT Services Company

InspiLab delivered the work successfully and with quality. The team worked until they met the specified requirements and displayed a strong work ethic and commitment to the project.

Please provide a description of your company.

I have a company that provides software development to clients in Canada and America. We build various custom software systems, billing systems, subscription systems, and so on.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I’m the founder.

What was your goal for working with inspiLab?

I work with them whenever I have projects that demand more resources than I have in-house. I had hired the owner of inspiLab when he was a freelancer several years ago. We formed a friendship and, since then, he was able to grow his business, and I was able to give him larger projects.

The biggest project we did together was the creation of a content management system for a client in a very niche market. The inspiLab's team was primarily responsible for building the front end of the template websites. We created a system that would allow the client to repurpose their content in various templates. Everything was dynamic and resized to fit the various templates. inspiLab helped us to construct those designs, and the system for managing those templates and switching them out.

We've also used them for work on landing pages. We’ll need a nicely functioning landing page, with a responsive layout, often with certain dynamic JavaScript elements. I’ve come to depend on them for any kind of complex JavaScript work that we might have.

During the past five years, we’ve spent in the $50,000 to $200,000 range.

What was the timeline of the project?

We started working together five years ago, and the relationship is still ongoing. We’re not actively working at this moment, but I’ve got some projects that I'm about to get them started on.

Can you talk about how you feel inspiLab's performed?

I’ve been very happy with the quality of work and very happy with the relationship I have with their owner. He’s very accessible. Although they're located in Asia, he’s very indifferent to the time zone difference always defers to me when it comes to communication. I'm very appreciative of that.

The team at inspiLab has a very strong work ethic. That’s something that I noticed was dramatically different versus working with Canadian and American developers. They have a sense of entitlement almost. They don’t get invested in the projects, whereas inspiLab has always considered my problems their problems. If the work isn’t done, they’re committed to getting it done with me. They make my priorities their priorities, which is different from some people that I’ve worked with here in North America.

My only complaints would be that, in times when they were very busy, I could sense they were a little afraid to tell me when they would be behind which was frustrating.

They’re very diligent on working towards our deadlines.
    However, I haven’t really asked them for estimates or quotes. We’ve always worked on an hourly basis.
    It’s very good.
    I have many times. Selfishly, I would not recommend them because I want to save them for myself.