Engineering and modelling tools

IncQuery Labs Ltd. is a young and innovative company, founded in 2013 by a group of experts, with over 50 years of total R&D experience in model driven engineering. Our mission is to accelerate technology transfer from top-notch academic research to challenging industrial projects.

We are a team of motivated and highly skilled professionals, and we all share the same goal of bringing innovative software and systems engineering solutions to companies all over the world.

IncQuery Labs has always trusted in open source software as an important vessel of gaining and sharing expertise.

Budapest, Hungary

Application Development for Electrical System Modeling

"Expectations have been handled very well."

IncQuery Labs initially revised the work done by another vendor, then moved on to develop an app for building models using Eclipse, while also creating a metamodel to base everything of off.

Huntsville, Alabama
Jeff Green
Owner, Kronotek Enterprises LLC

The business greatly depends on having a cost-effective and experienced partner, and IncQuery is the perfect fit. Their level of English is impressive, as well as the way they dedicated their full attention to the project during an onsite visit to their offices.

I’m the owner of a company that develops computer applications for modeling electrical systems.

For what projects/services did your company hire IncQuery Labs?

We hired them to create a metamodel and to develop an application based on Eclipse for building the models.

We aimed to achieve full functionality in an application that’s easy to learn and utilize.

I met them at a trade symposium in the US. I was working with another vendor at the time and hired IncQuery Labs to review the work done, then extend it. I was happy with what they did, so I decided to continue the collaboration.

One of our requirements is that the model conforms to unified modeling language and systems modeling language. Doing this for a whole new domain requires a high level of expertise in modeling. IncQuery Labs extended the metamodel to support these requirements.

This work was primarily done remotely, with regular web conferences and constant email traffic. They worked diligently to understand my requirements and developed the application which implements the metamodel.

They provided a system architect, who was my main point of contact and worked with me throughout the process. Up to two additional staff members were provided as necessary.

The whole purpose of the business, at this point, is the development of this application. As such, it is imperative that the developer chosen is capable and easy to work with. Cost is also a very important factor. I evaluated two other vendors in the US, but they couldn’t provide the support I needed. I believe that the inconvenience of working with IncQuery Labs across the ocean is more than made up for by their cost and expertise.

All project management and communication are done through Github and web conferences. Although IncQuery Labs is in a non-English speaking country, all communication has been in English, and their staff speaks it fluently for the most part. Expectations have been handled very well. However, due to the relatively small size of my project, scheduling has not always been ideal.

During the design process, I spent one week at the vendor's location and was impressed by their hospitality and hard work. Being onsite made a huge difference in solving some of the really difficult issues we had been grappling with. They scheduled everything in advance so that we were able to make maximum use of my time there.

I can't think of anything at this point.

There have been two times when I couldn't schedule the needed staff at the time I wanted, however, the work continued at a reduced pace.
    Their price is better than the other vendors I have evaluated or used. They’re also conscientious in making the most of my resources.
    The project team as well as other staff members reviewed the work with me, which gave me the confidence that the best solution was being implemented.