App Development & Consultancy

Inceptive build apps in the mobile and web space, partnering with you to create, manage and execute technology roadmaps. We work with you to create mobile and web strategies, development, deployment and app store optimization.

We build strategies using the Minimum Viable Product(MVP) model which helps clients see faster Return on Investment and faster time-to-market. Simplicity and Usability are the crux of our app and we constantly keep pushing our limits to ensure we build simple and fluid designs.

Our engagement model is adapted to provide you faster insights on the product been built, thus getting your feedback faster into the system.

Lastly, we strongly believe that people work with people they like and relationships are the crux for anything - be it on personal or professional front. Keeping this insights in mind we walk the extra mile to build long lasting human relationships - demonstrated by our strong pipeline of return clients and clients who do not hesitate to give us a reference.

Visit www.inceptivetechnologies.com to know more. We love talking technology, so hit us up!

Pune, India
    +1 561 283 4455
  • Inceptive Technologies
    Palm Beach
    Palm Beach, FL 33480

AdMySale, Heybor, CAD-man-do Design & Draughting Solutions, My Lean Business Coach

App Development for Event Planning Company

"The team is easy-going, and it’s fun to talk to them. They also listen, and they’re very level-headed guys."

Jan. - Apr. 2017

Inceptive Technologies designed and developed an Android app to connect event planners with services in a bidding marketplace. Key features included sorting and reviewing vendors, and a chat function.

Ghana
Frank Addae-Aboagye
Founder, Ayefro Inc

User feedback has led to two upgrades, and there are still some bugs to work out. Inceptive met project management expectations, budgets, and timelines. The team communicated well. Their expertise was in technical development more than in interface design.

My company is Ayefro Digital Solutions Limited, and we’re based in Ghana. We provide event service providers a platform to interact with their clients or potential clients. We developed a mobile app called Ayefro Inc. Ayefro means wedding in Ghana. It’s essentially a wedding planning app, but it’s not just for wedding planning. It’s for any kind of life events like a birthday party, a reunion, a festival, or any kind of event. You can find the right service provider for your event at extremely good prices. You can compare vendors based on price, ratings, reviews, and even location, so that you find exactly what you are looking for.

What challenge were you trying to address with Inceptive Technologies?

I got married last year, and getting ready for the wedding was a hassle. Finding the right people was difficult. Planning a wedding in Ghana is very expensive. It’s a huge social event where families come together and celebrate. The moment you mention that you are having a wedding, people increase the prices of the everyday goods and services that they provide. They just want to take advantage because they know it’s a highly stressful time and you don’t really have many options.

I wanted to find a solution to this problem. I wanted a solution that would bring all vendors together and be the place where people go to find exactly what they need. People go where they know they will find what they want. So that’s the challenge we decided to solve: how to get the best service provider within your budget, for whatever event you are hosting. Because of our robust feedback system, people can see the quality of the service provider. Customers can review their portfolios, and then rate them after the services have been provided. This way, hard-working service providers are rewarded while the lazier ones are avoided.

I had the idea for the app, but I did not have any design. I knew what I wanted it to be, but I didn’t have the full picture in my mind. I just knew that I wanted a solution that could be a bidding platform, where the service providers could bid on events created on our app. Inceptive took my ideas and designed the app, then fully developed it. The app is currently available in the Google Play Store for Android users.

How did you come to work with Inceptive Technologies?

I posted on Twitter and we had lots of people bid to develop a mobile app for us. Inceptive was one of them. Their CEO was very helpful and friendly. He had good communication skills and was very patient with me. This was my first time working on a project like this, and it was a daunting task, but he was very patient with me. Many times, I wanted to stop and just quit, but he kept advising me and was just very patient.

How much have you invested with Inceptive Technologies?

It took about $5,000 to get everything put together and go live.

The engagement began around October of 2016. I then got married on October 29th, so I was away for some time. Real development started in January of 2017, and the work finished on April 17th, 2017.

We really care about our customer’s experience. We are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service to our users. We contact all service providers who sign up to the app and provide them with some quick tutorials on how best to use the app. In the process, we also take their feedback. We contact the services and find out how well they like, so we have lots of feedback. As a result, we’ve been able to roll out two more updates. We are expecting to roll out another update based on user feedback.

Users are extremely happy. We’ve built a community around the app in Ghana and Nigeria, and people actively use the app daily. We’ve also created groups on social media platforms for our users, where we can interact on a daily basis. We find out the challenges they have so we can provide support in real-time. They are really excited, and they propose features we could add to make the experience better for them.

We monitor the install rates, the daily number of active users, the engagement of the users, the crashes, on a daily basis. When you create a good app, it’s not going to market itself. It depends on the after-launch marketing strategy. We’ve relaunched the app on April 17 and held a launch event for a selected group of service providers at a four-star hotel. We’ve been doing social media marketing, and we recently signed a contract to market on radio. You can have a good app, but if you don’t market it well, it will not get the desired number of installations. Currently we have about 400-500 installations. We have about 270 active, daily users. The average user engagement lasts about 5 minutes. We’ve had about 30 reported crashes in the past week, due to updates that we’re working on.

How did Inceptive Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

They did pretty well. They kept to the timelines and used the resources the way we wanted. Sometimes they worked extra hours, weekends, and even holidays to make sure that we met our timelines.

We used Fabric, a suite of programs for analytics. When they developed a new feature, it was uploaded to Beta, an app developed by Fabric, so we can test the app with our team in Ghana and get feedback. We give the app to a few people to test and provide us with feedback. We also used Skype a lot for communication, as well as email.

Are there any areas Inceptive Technologies could improve?

I have suggested that they hire a UI/UX tester to add to their team. Sometimes I had to draw exactly what I wanted before they were able to implement it in the app. They delivered on the functional and technical aspects, but I think they could improve with the UI and interface design.

It’s not necessarily their fault. They are six hours ahead of us, so communication could be delayed and changes in design may take an extra day or two to be implemented.
    Inceptive wasn’t the cheapest, but they were the best option within my price range. Other people wanted to do the same thing for four times the amount I ended up paying. Also, they’ve done updates for me for free.
    With the UI challenge, I couldn’t give them a perfect 5.

Mobile App Development for Neighborhood Rating Platform

"They’re very easy to work with and very thoughtful."

Aug. 2015 - Ongoing

Inceptive Technologies brought a mobile app idea to life in iOS and Android. After providing several UX designs and creating wireframes, the team developed the app’s prototype. A second iteration is in process.

New York City, New York
Kiola George
Founder and CEO, Heybor

Feedback on the app has been positive, and users enjoy its ease of use. Inceptive Technologies has one point of contact for the project, simplifying the process altogether. The team communicates regularly and makes sure they are aligned with the project’s expectations, despite large time differences.

I am the founder of Heybor, which is a mobile app that allows users to review residential properties.

What challenge were you trying to address with Inceptive Technologies?

I don’t have programming or developing experience, so I needed to bring in a developer to bring my app idea to life.

Inceptive Technologies provided both development and design for my app, which is for iOS and Android. I explained to Inceptive Technologies what I wanted to accomplish, and they walked me through everything from wireframes to launching the app. At the beginning of the project, I only had an idea which I sent to Inceptive Technologies' team. They were able to create wireframes and make sure it was everything I wanted.

Once we agreed on the functionalities to develop, Inceptive Technologies started production on the app itself. They gave me different options for the UX [user experience], and I selected how I wanted things to look like. Inceptive Technologies adjusted a lot of their designs to fit my vision.

Inceptive Technologies provided a lot of technological guidance throughout development. I wanted to have the app access Google, making it so that a residential property could come up in Google Maps when a user searched for it. Inceptive Technologies was able to walk me through that process and make sure the feature worked as I envisioned.

Inceptive Technologies helped me to understand how the app could be built. They knew how to do everything I wanted.

How did you come to work with Inceptive Technologies?

I reached out via Twitter to find a developer, and Inceptive Technologies responded with details about their company. I also spoke with a few local companies, but they weren’t affordable. The amount of work and input I got from Inceptive was worth what I spent.

How much have you invested with Inceptive Technologies?

I’ve invested about $10,000.

I started working with Inceptive Technologies in August or September of 2015. We launched the first phase in February of 2016, and I’m now working with them on phase two of the app.

The users love the app, and I love it too. I want to make the new version more streamlined, more focused on community events, and engagement aspects. Overall, I’ve gotten nothing but positive feedback about the app. I went to a trade show, and the people who saw the app really enjoyed it and thought it was a good idea. It’s very easy to use.

How did Inceptive Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

I worked directly with one developer, who was my lead. I appreciated that I didn’t have to follow up with multiple people. It was a very easy process. We regularly speak to make sure things are still working. I reach out to Inceptive Technologies if there’s any functionality that isn’t working right. They are always available to help.

We had a phone call every week, for about an hour, on which we reviewed our weekly goals. We followed up with emails about the specific tasks. I had no issues with missed deadlines.

What did you find most impressive about Inceptive Technologies?

I think Inceptive Technologies' dedication to the work makes them stand out. They’re very easy to work with and very thoughtful. Inceptive Technologies never made me feel rushed. They were willing to take the time I needed to ensure the final product met my expectations. That made me feel very comfortable working with Inceptive Technologies.

Are there any areas Inceptive Technologies could improve?

The time zone difference presented some scheduling challenges, and sometimes our phone calls were dropped. I’d like to have a better way to communicate with Inceptive Technologies.

Overall Score I don’t have anything negative to say. It was a great learning experience for me.
    I gave Inceptive Technologies a deadline at the beginning, and we hit it. I couldn’t be happier.
    I got what I paid for. I invested in something that I think is a valuable product. Inceptive Technologies' input was invaluable.
    I love the app, and I was happy to see it come together. It’s exactly what I requested.
    I recommend Inceptive Technologies all the time.

Website Design and Development for Equipment Re-Selling Company

"I’m most impressed with Inceptive Technologies' responsiveness and timeliness."

June 2015 - Aug. 2016

Inceptive Technologies designed and developed two informational websites and one e-Commerce website. The websites used WordPress and WooCommerce technology.

Reading, Massachusetts
Nanci Kasischke
Ecommerce Manager, OEM Connect

Inceptive Technology fulfilled all the goals of the project at a high-quality. The team was communicative and easy to work with and performed well despite budget constraints.

Our company is OEM Connect Limited. We purchase liquidation lots of inkjet and laser toner cartridges for resale. We operate numerous stores on Amazon and eBay, as well as our web store. I’m the e-commerce manager in charge of those stores. My team does the fulfillment and manages all the orders.

What challenge were you trying to address with Inceptive Technologies?

Our president wanted our website updated.

Inceptive updated our informational website based on information we gave them. Inceptive completely redesigned the site from scratch without much input from us. We wanted the project to move very quickly, and Inceptive met that goal. Due to our time and budget limitations, the scope of work doesn’t necessarily reflect the extent of their talent.

Since then, Inceptive has also worked on two other projects for us. One is an informational site, and the other has e-commerce features. Inceptive has done both design and development on these projects. The informational sites were built on WordPress, and WooCommerce was used for the e-commerce site. We dealt mainly with two people throughout the projects, including their head of development.

How did you come to work with Inceptive Technologies?

Our president was given a referral through a social setting. We also reached out to a couple of local firms but decided on Inceptive Technologies based on their cost and the timeline they gave us.

How much have you invested with Inceptive Technologies?

For the three sites, we’ve spent around $15,000. Unfortunately, we always have a limited budget when we work with Inceptive.

We began working with Inceptive Technologies in June 2015, and the last site was completed in August 2016. They still do monthly hosting for us.

Inceptive Technologies has fulfilled all the goals that we originally set out to achieve. My company has decided not to incorporate analytics into our site, so we don’t have metrics on traffic, but the quality of their work is very high.

How did Inceptive Technologies perform from a project management standpoint?

Inceptive is very responsive and always available. It’s very easy to deal with them. Inceptive was on top of everything. The only delays were due to the time it took me to provide Inceptive with the necessary information. We communicated daily, and they were available around the clock.

What did you find most impressive about Inceptive Technologies?

I’m most impressed with Inceptive's responsiveness and timeliness. They’re also very nice people.

Are there any areas Inceptive Technologies could improve?

This was the first time I was involved in a web design project, so I really can’t speak to that.

No matter what we asked, Inceptive Technologies got it done.
    We had time and budget restrictions, and Inceptive Technologies made it work for us.
    Inceptive Technologies managed the project very well.
    I had a positive experience with Inceptive Technologies.