Impekable offers Silicon Valley caliber UI/UX design coupled with mobile and web development capabilities and deep expertise in various industries including enterprise SaaS, IoT, healthcare, legal, fitness and wearables, automotive and more.

Partners and Official Vendors for:

San Jose, CA 95113
242 Linden St
Fort Collins, CO 80524
650-733-6006

Google, HP, Twilio, Motorola, LegalZoom, Constant Contact, Aruba Networks, Zscaler, Accenture, Cognizant.

Industry focus

Client focus

Reviews of Impekable

Enterprise Dev for Internet Company

Enterprise application development

Impekable's resources help internal developers with project overflow, often receiving complex and high-priority tasks. This engagement remains ongoing.

Impekable often excels where other agencies fail. The team is a diverse mix of experts who thrive in Agile ecosystems, but there was also an impression that they rarely reject client work, which could become disadvantageous to future work.

"They're an Agile team able to pivot and adapt with rapidly evolving project scopes."

Sr. Director, Internet Company

San Jose, California

Average: 5 (1 vote)

We are an ecosystem company providing a combination of platforms, devices, and content, all seamlessly working together in order to create better lifestyles for our audience. We are working to break down industry barriers and provide a better connection to content across devices, in a seamless platform available on TVs, smartphones, and even automotive displays. We provide cloud services, content, and applications for all of these. I am the senior director of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Impekable?

I needed to get work done quickly, so I wanted to avoid using a large, bureaucratic agency, while still finding one with enough resources to support a complex project. I was hoping to find a partner with a reputation that suggested they could deliver this, which is why I hired Impekable.

Impekable has been involved in the design and technical work for our platform.

Our team included around 12 people for different areas of our work. There was some scope creep and changes requested by our stakeholders. Impekable was able to accommodate this by quickly adding resources and ensuring a timely delivery of the project.

How did you come to work with Impekable?

I was referred to Impekable by another one of their clients. Impekable's team was flown to Los Angeles in order to offer an introduction to one of our strategic business partners.

This is confidential.

We started working with Impekable on November 1st, 2016, and have an ongoing relationship.

Our platform is ready to launch, but we have decided to postpone it through a business decision. I don't have any feedback for it yet.

How did Impekable perform from a project management standpoint?

Impekable's founder was heavily involved in our work, but we also had a project manager who actively developed the project timeline and worked collaboratively with us to ensure prioritization and a critical path. As a Chinese company, we've had to collaborate with our tech teams there. The project was pretty complex, with an almost 24-hour schedule, but Impekable accommodated our collaboration.

We used InVision for previewing designs. Impekable also used another preview tool at a later point, when we actually had developed material, in order to share it within the development environment. We collaborated through WeChat (which is common in China) and Slack, as well as email for formal communications. We used Jira for tracking testing and bug fixes after the front-end development was completed. Impekable's team worked seamlessly across all platforms.

What did you find most impressive about Impekable?

Impekable was available to us at a moment's notice. They're an Agile team, able to pivot and adapt with rapidly evolving scopes. Impekable was able to take tough feedback quickly and make changes, using it as helpful information for building a better product. Especially when we asked for changes without discussing them initially, Impekable was willing to comply. Working out of scope can be daunting for any agency, but Impekable was always flexible. They also let us know when something wouldn't be possible, and what trade-offs were available to us.

Are there any areas Impekable could improve?

Impekable accepted a project with a very tight timeframe, so it would be hard to determine what some improvement areas would be. I think that Impekable does need an even stronger nose for what would amount to too much work within a short period. Bigger agencies have an easier time saying no to work, but being newer, Impekable is happier to appease us. This is good, but they also have to be willing to push back a little more to someone like me.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Impekable?

I would advise other clients to tell Impekable when it's reasonable to say no to them.

Web Application Development for Legal Company

Application development

Impekable developed a web app using CSS, InVision mockups, JavaScript, and Node.js, that allows users to search for existing patents. The project has been put on hold for budget reasons, unrelated to Impekable's performance.

Impekable's great project management and business strategy were highlighted.

"Impekable is great for business brainstorming."

Chief Marketing Officer, LegalZoom.com

Average: 4 (1 vote)

Average: 5 (1 vote)

I am the B2B chief marketing officer of LegalZoom.com, Inc. Essentially, we’re a tech-enabled law firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Impekable?

We wanted to test the concept of launching a series of patent search functions. Unfortunately, we have a shortage of tech resources in our company. We’re very business heavy and very marketing heavy. But when it comes to building web assets and digital products, we just don’t have the competency in-house to do it.

This project was for the product of patent law and services. An inventor can come to our new website, enter an idea, and see what patents are already associated with the idea. It’s a web app that’s supposed to be responsive, so you can use it on a phone as well. For this project, Impekable used CSS, InVision mockups, JavaScript, Node.js, all of those things.

How did you come to work with Impekable?

I’ve known Pek for a while now. Impekable started in Chicago, where I also started my career.

How much have you invested with Impekable?

We paid $15,000 for Impekable’s services.

We worked with Impekable this year. It took only a month for them to complete the project.

How did Impekable perform from a project management standpoint?

Impekable’s project management was really good. I worked directly with Pek; he managed his designers and developers in doing all the mockups.

What did you find most impressive about Impekable?

The thing that stands out is that Impekable does not just have designers and UI/UX experts, Impekable are great for business brainstorming. As he went through the mockups, he pointed out his experience building similaquotr apps. He brought a lot of patterns and a business perspective to the job.

Are there any areas Impekable could improve?

I think they are on the more expensive side of things, but then you also get what you pay for. All of his staff is in San Francisco, which is a very expensive place. I would say that that’s the only thing. If it’s something that’s super deserving of their talent, then we give it to them, but for lesser projects, we would choose cheaper sources.

COST: 4
SCHEDULING: 5
That’s one of their biggest strengths.
Bebe Chueh

Android Prototype Development for Computer Software Firm

Mobile app development

Impekable was hired to support user interface design efforts, which then evolved into a full-scale Android dev project. The engagement remains ongoing.

Noteworthy highlights include a wide range of technical expertise and direct access to highly-responsive executive leadership during time of crisis or project urgency.

"Impekable has been able to take projects from design all the way to implementation and launch."

CTO, Betcade, LLC

Average: 5 (1 vote)

Betcade builds technology for the real-money gaming industry, primarily focusing on European markets. I am a co-founder and the chief technology officer of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Impekable?

We are working on a store for Android gambling apps for the Northern European and Western European markets.

Impekable has handled all of our front-end development, building our store according to our requirements for interfacing with the back-end technology. Impekable has also supported applications for the Android platform. We have used imPekable for some web projects and interface design, but their main contribution has been on Android interface implementation. We've used Impekable on around a dozen discrete projects, but the vast majority of the work has gone into the main platform. At the moment, we're working with around 6 resources from Impekable. There is a project lead who manages our interactions, but we have direct access to Impekable's developers. There is a good working relationship with all of them. There have been a few staff changes, but most of the people working on our project have been there for the duration.

How did you come to work with Impekable?

I'd worked with Impekable's owner [Pek Pongpaet, managing partner at Impekable] prior to starting my current company and have known him for about 6 years. When I came to look for a resource center on the mobile side, Impekable was one of the first companies I contacted.

How much have you invested with Impekable?

The total cost of our projects with Impekable has been in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

We started working with Impekable in April 2015 for a first mobile prototype, and they produced a working version within a few weeks of us being funded.

Impekable has effectively been our outsourced mobile development team, and we have not felt it necessary to staff in-house resources for Android work. Even though this is an important strategic point to my company, I've found Impekable to be a high-performance partner that delivers on time and with great quality. Impekable has been able to step up and do what needed to be done in order to move forward.

How did Impekable perform from a project management standpoint?

The costs have been predictable and manageable. Impekable had advance communication before any changes. The process is also transparent in terms of scheduling. We don't farm tasks out to Impekable, but rather treat them as an in-house development team. Impekable is active in our in-house chat system and work with us as if they were on staff.

We have very little in-house infrastructure and have decided to put everything in the cloud, from bug tracking to source code management to collaboration tools and chat systems. When working with primary vendors like Impekable, we always tried to make sure that our choices were in line with how they were doing stuff and not have to ask for changes on how the provider engaged with clients. For example, we didn't pick Slack as a collaboration tool simply because Impekable used it, but it was certainly a factor. Likewise, source code and bug management were selected in collaboration with Impekable, rather than being picked in a vacuum.

What did you find most impressive about Impekable?

I've appreciated the fact that Impekable is a full-range shop with both mobile and web development. The fact that Impekable can pick up an iOS project, provide some web design or even back-end implementations, distinguishes them from many other shops I've worked with, which were more narrowly focused. Many providers will bring some designers and maybe some additional prototyping but, when the time comes to build complicated projects, we had to find other sources. Impekable has been able to take projects from design all the way to implementation and launch.

Are there any areas Impekable could improve?

Impekable has grown alongside us and, any time when there were resource crunches or communication issues, they were resolved through a quick call with their leadership. Usually, they'd already seen the same issues and were working on resolving them. I don't see this changing going forward.

WILLING TO REFER: 5
We highly recommend them.
Trevor Fiatal

UI/UX Design for Multinational Tech Firm

Application UI/UX

Impekable was first hired to design the user experience for a conceptual product. Their performance led to ongoing involvement.

Highlights include a proactive, thoughtful approach to client relationship management and access to outstanding design talent with no shortage of creative insights.

"We've used Impekable as an extension of our own team in many cases, which is rare for a contract relationship."

Senior Director of Emerging Technology

Average: 4 (1 vote)

Average: 5 (1 vote)

I'm the senior director of emerging technologies and I work in the office of our chief technology officer. Our projects are largely based on forward-leaning innovation, things which we aspire to do in the future. They typically fall outside of the traditional engineering path and are more skunkworks projects.

What challenge were you trying to address with Impekable?

We were building a prototype for a product. To bring it to life, we needed professional user experience and design skills.

We had a rough framework for the product and Impekable helped us create a polished user experience. Impekable has worked on many professional interface design projects for us. Their involvement has expanded beyond my group since they have also worked with our IT and marketing departments. Our work has had a strong emphasis on user experience. We largely interfaced directly with Impekable's principal or one of their senior designers. We didn't have full visibility of the team of designers.

How did you come to work with Impekable?

I had a chance meeting with the principal of Impekable at a coffee shop in Mountain View. We struck up a conversation and exchanged ideas about what was going on in the Valley. I learned a bit about Impekable and he learned a bit about the project I was working on. I asked if he'd be willing to offer contract work for a company like ours. We saw previous projects on their website and references.

How much have you invested with Impekable?

The cost of Impekable's services for my group has been in excess of $100,000 per year. Impekable also has projects with other groups in my company. I would estimate that our company has spent more than $500,000 on Impekable’s services.

Initially, we picked a relatively small project in order to gauge Impekable's work. It was successful so we moved on to bigger and better things. Over the course of 3–4 years, Impekable has done 20 projects for different business units within our company.

We've used a lot of Impekable's work during executive briefings and customer keynote presentations. The feedback has always been very positive. It was a great thing to have such a professional and polished experience on prototype-style projects. Our products looked as if they were ready to go out the door even though they were still in the concept stage. We've run projects that provoke people's thinking on what is possible and have achieved very polished results. We've tried to bring consumer-centric designs, taking very technical concepts and putting them into the hands of non-technical people.

How did Impekable perform from a project management standpoint?

Impekable has been a professional group. Whenever there were blow-outs in terms of complexity and the time needed to get tasks done, Impekable has been flexible with the use of resources. They made sure that we stayed on time and on budget. Our projects have been fairly tactical and narrow in scope so we haven't had to fall into a formal project management process. Other groups within our company may have used project management tools. That’s because they were involved in broader, wholesale redesigns of community portals and quoting systems.

What did you find most impressive about Impekable?

Their principal has traveled at his own expense to customer events [we've hosted], standing shoulder-to-shoulder with us in order to make sure that the product worked. We've used Impekable as an extension to our own team in many cases, which is rare for a contract relationship. I have nothing negative to say about our collaboration.

Are there any areas Impekable could improve?

They could have come up with a better solution for tracking the consumption of our allocated hours. We had weekly check-ins with Impekable in this regard. But in hindsight, we both agree that we could have shared a Google Doc instead of email updates. It wasn't a big deal, rather an issue on which we could have collaborated better.

QUALITY: 4.5
We have not missed a deadline.
COST: 4
WILLING TO REFER: 5
I've done this several times. I've put my reputation on the line and recommended them to many contacts outside of our company. Impekable has done great work there.

Web & Mobile Development for Entertainment Company

Application development

Impekable was hired to help develop a platform for the web and mobile devices. The project is in its final stages, scheduled for launch in October 2016.

Key strengths include a flexibility, a proactive approach, and the ability to understand the nuance in specialized industries like fashion/apparel.

"Comparing Impekable to our last development team, I can say that they've understood the fashion industry a lot more."

Project Manager, Lenspire

Greater New York City Area

Average: 5 (1 vote)

I am a project manager for Lenspire. It is a collaboration platform for the photo, fashion, advertising, and film industries. It's a one-stop-shop for production, from call sheets to credits.

What challenge were you trying to address with Impekable?

We have worked with a previous development team which helped us publish the app into the store. Impekable has taken over that work and is now managing our app.

Impekable is helping us develop our platform. They are taking care of design and strategy as well. We have the groundwork down for our design, but we have collaborated with Impekable in reworking it to make our vision come to life. Our solution is available as a web, iOS, and Android app.

The biggest part of our services is call sheet management and Impekable has implemented several steps for this process. Our app aims to coordinate everyone on a photo shoot. It lets users build call sheets and handle creative concepts for the preproduction process. Postproduction is done through it as well, with something we call "the images behind the call sheets." Our app provides full-circle production.

How did you come to work with Impekable?

The CEO and founder of our company discovered Impekable. We'd outsourced to another team in India initially, even though [they] were our first choice. We came back to Impekable in the end.

How much have you invested with Impekable?

I'm unsure of the finances behind this project.

We started working with Impekable in April 2016. By the end of the month, we were already reviewing demos for the app. Our launch date is set for October.

The difference between Impekable and our previous team has been night and day. They've taken initiative and were always one step ahead of us, while our last developers were the exact opposite. I have complete faith in Impekable and find them to be a very capable team.

How did Impekable perform from a project management standpoint?

Impekable has been proactive and extremely flexible in terms of call schedules. Anything that we may need is provided by them. Impekable has done everything possible to work within our tight schedules and to make the relationship work. We've used Slack for communication with Impekable. We've interacted with around 5 resources from Impekable, but there may be more in the background.

What did you find most impressive about Impekable?

Comparing Impekable to our last development team, I can say that they've understood the fashion industry a lot more. They saw what our vision was.

Are there any areas Impekable could improve?

No. Impekable has been perfect so far.

COST: 5
Even though I don't know what the exact costs were, I know that everything's worked out so far.
Carly Ibach

Android Prototype Development for Automotive R&D Subsidiary

Mobile app development

Impekable was hired to design, develop, and launch an Android app. The project remains ongoing.

While the solution itself remains unfinished, noteworthy highlights include exceptional resource flexibility and the ability to brainstorm proactively with clients.

"... a unique feature of [Impekable] is that they're a one-stop-shop, with their own design team and software engineers."

Senior Research Engineer

Average: 5 (1 vote)

We are a research institute working as a subsidiary of a car manufacturer. We operate in Silicon Valley, focusing on technologies related to automated driving. I'm a senior research engineer for our company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Impekable?

We needed to build a tablet-based application from our custom specifications.

The deliverable will be an Android-based application which will run natively. The app allows us to log our testing activities, particularly information such as direction, time, and weather conditions. We also included an ability to add other features such as audio, video, and image recordings. Impekable created the app based on our specifications, helping our group record this info and put it into a database. We had initial discussions focusing on some general use cases and our initial ideas. Impekable took this information and had a team create some mock-up designs. We went through these weekly iterations, trying to work off of each other's ideas and hone in on a concept. During our meetings with Impekable, I've interacted with at least a couple of designers and developers. I don't know the exact size of their team.

How did you come to work with Impekable?

I used to be neighbors with Impekable's owner and I heard that he had started his own company. I've only been involved in research software development, not Android. When we started the project, we shopped around for other vendors and I received offers which I didn't find reasonable. I reached out to Impekable's owner and asked for a professional opinion of what an estimate should be. He told me that the offers were within the ballpark, but also that he could do it. I asked for a quotation. He told us that they would be able to do this under the budget that we had available and within a quicker timeframe. Since they were also a local company, we decided to select Impekable.

How much have you invested with Impekable?

The total cost of Impekable's services has been under $100,000.

We started working with Impekable a month ago. The weekly reviews and meetings took around 2 weeks. When we finalized our design, the prototyping phase started. The project is now in its final stages; we are just making last-minute tweaks and debugging. Our app should be finished within 2 weeks. So far, our application has been the only project we've done with Impekable. Since we've started the project, other groups within our company have seen what Impekable was able to do. They have offered additional contracts.

Impekable identified many features which we hadn't really thought of. Generally, I think that it was very good to work with Impekable. They were able to take our initial vision and suggest many improvements. They honed our ideas, made them more concrete, and implemented them. I appreciated the designers' ability to utilize their prior work and experience in order to make the final product a lot better.

How did Impekable perform from a project management standpoint?

Impekable kept us in the loop through weekly meetings where we saw the latest developments. We haven't used any project collaboration tools because the process of working with Impekable has been really easy. We can tell them what we want, and receive new revisions a week later for us to test out. There hasn't been a need for us to watch Impekable's team do their work, so to speak.

What did you find most impressive about Impekable?

This is not my area of expertise; I don't work a lot with mobile applications. I do think that a unique feature of Impekable is that they're a one-stop-shop, with their own design team and software engineers. It wasn't necessary for us to go in with fully-defined requirements. Impekable was able to work with us, as long as we had a vision and general ideas. We came with an idea for a simple application, and Impekable went above and beyond. I'm confident that the final product will be much better than what we'd envisioned in the beginning. Impekable has exceeded our expectations.

Are there any areas  Impekable could improve?

No, I don’t think there are any areas that they need to improve.

OVERALL SCORE: 5
Impekable has taught us a lot about what is easy and difficult to do within an app development project. It's been a learning process.
QUALITY: 5
Impekable has exceeded expectations. The final product is going to be much better than what we'd envisioned.
COST: 5
This is compared to quotes we received from other vendors.
SCHEDULING: 4.5
They were able to give us a much more aggressive timeline than what the competition quoted. We are around a week over the planned schedule. But we've allowed Impekable to relax the time constraints, given that they were adding many extra features.
WILLING TO REFER: 5
I've recommended Impekable to other people, from both outside and inside our company. A lot of them have asked for quotes and have started doing feasibility studies.

UI/UX Design & Development for Computer Software Firm

Application UI/UX

Impekable was hired to supply dev resources for several challenging projects. The engagement has since expanded and remains ongoing.

Notable strengths include rapid response time, exceptional technical skills, and a transparent project management approach.

"Impekable is phenomenal at swooping in, learning about a problem, and helping with that engagement."

Director, Constant Contact

Greater Boston Area

Average: 5 (1 vote)

Constant Contact empowers small businesses and organizations to create and grow customer relationships. We help them succeed through email marketing. I am the director of emerging business for the company. I am responsible for launching and developing new products.

What challenge were you trying to address with Impekable?

We needed additional capacity while trying to launch a few different business initiatives at the same time. Normally, we have a development team in-house, but we needed help with some prototyping and getting ideas off the ground.

At the time, we were launching a new small business advertising service. Impekable handled the overall design engagement, primarily on the front-end. They were responsible for developing clickable prototypes for the user experience. They created InVision prototypes which we put together. We were looking for additional feedback for our design group. Impekable came up with an alternative product experience. This was pitched to the team in the form of an interactive InVision prototype.

How did you come to work with Impekable?

I've known Impekable's head for 6 to 7 years through the startup community in Chicago. We are part of the same networking groups. I'd never actually hired his firm for any work, but knew how Impekable came to where it was. Initially, we had a design-focused exercise with Impekable. We wanted to engage them because they were strong from a design and UX standpoint.

We started working with Impekable at the end of 2015. The overall engagement went on for 6 to 8 weeks. Impekable is still under retainer with us technically because we didn't utilize all the hours allocated to us.

Within my department, ideas become greenlit and killed often. Impekable enabled me not to have to hire full-time resources, which saved money at the end of the day. I can't provide dollar metrics, but Impekable has been able to help me conserve resources. Impekable's work was on par with what our full-time UX team could do. That challenged our in-house team to think about the problem that we were addressing.

How did Impekable perform from a project management standpoint?

Impekable's principal provided consultation for our project and we had weekly calls with 2 to 3 members of their team. I don't know how many people were working behind the scenes, but we had an account manager who kept the project moving. We were the primary driver of the timeline, while Impekable was conscious of the schedule. If anything, we dragged our feet because of company bureaucracy. We used InVision for creating clickable prototypes, and shared Basecamp, which I brought to the table.

What did you find most impressive about Impekable?

I think of my department as the innovation part of a big enterprise. Impekable is phenomenal at swooping in, learning about a problem, and helping with that engagement. They did all that without pushing their fee. Whenever we had additional work for brochures and so on, we were able to use Impekable's services through the hours we had left. Sometimes, consultants can be focused on the after-work, trying to burn the remaining hours. Impekable has been protective of this and focused on what was best for the customer.

Impekable is quick and nimble. They're able to respond to business needs fast, which is what we would have expected of someone of their caliber. I'd known Impekable's head for quite a while, but it was the first time I'd actually engaged his firm. I expected that we'd be working more with his junior staff, but we actually worked with him as part of the engagement. I didn't push for this during negotiations, so this exceeded my expectations.

Are there any areas Impekable could improve?

At the time of hiring Impekable, it didn't seem that they were a full-stack shop. I couldn't outsource a complete app development project to them, from front-end to Ruby on Rails work. I appreciated Impekable's transparency in letting us know that they mainly handled front-end work.

OVERALL SCORE: 4.5
It was a great experience.
QUALITY: 4.5
Not even our internal team can reach absolute perfection.
COST: 4.5
As a corporate consumer, I found the cost to be good. If I was bootstrapping and using my own dollars, I would consider the work to be more expensive. Impekable is not the cheapest shop in town, but we got to work with a leader in the field.
SCHEDULING: 5
Impekable was very flexible. I don't remember them having to reschedule.
WILLING TO REFER: 5
I have just referred a friend who came to me with a startup idea. They were the first people I thought of.
David Wachtendonk

Product Development for Ed Tech Startup

Enterprise application development

The engagement began with incremental upgrades to a flagship product, which then evolved into ongoing maintenance and support.

Notable highlights include uncompromising responsiveness and resource flexibility that rivals suppliers much larger than Impekable.

"We have appreciated Impekable's ability to scale their level of management and oversight."

Head of Product, Insight Advance

Washington DC Metro Area

Average: 5 (1 vote)

Insight ADVANCE is an EduTech company. We are a sister company of Insight Education Group, which was founded 20 years ago. We have spun off from them, working primarily on teacher and school leader development. Our technology is used for coaching, delivering professional development for teachers, and ensuring that they're receiving high-quality feedback. I am the head of products for the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Impekable?

We needed small upgrades and improvement for our core product, ADVANCEfeedback. In addition, we also required ongoing maintenance and support for that software. It had been sitting dormant for 2 years and we didn't know what the code looked like. It turned out that it had been poorly put together, using several different pieces. It was written using the Groovy language, so the software was significantly outdated. We had a serious time crunch of 3 months, during which it needed to be up and running for statewide usage.

We recently relaunched the software for a state's department of education. Impekable made it possible to roll out our product to a statewide group of users. Our most complex project involved digging into the old product. Impekable handled numerous repairs, upgrades, and refactorings for that software. The project involved a significant discovery process, both on the front and back-end. Impekable learned along the way with us.

How did you come to work with Impekable?

Impekable had done work with a team with which our president had been involved in a previous engagement. Impekable left a good impression so, when we were looking for a new team for maintenance and support, he went back to them. We interviewed several other teams as well, but I was very happy with Impekable

How much have you invested with Impekable?

The total cost of Impekable's services has been around $200,000.

We started working with Impekable in March 2016.

We gave Impekable a messy, black box project with a tight timeline, but they worked it out. The ADVANCEfeedback software went from being dormant to being implemented statewide within a short timeframe. This is a great testament to what Impekable is able to do. Impekable told us what they would be able to accomplish from the start. They were honest and upfront about this, which meant that we were able to deliver on time to the client. Impekable was able to say that they would not be able to go above a certain threshold. Going on another route would have involved rebuilding the software from scratch, for example. Impekable told us that this would not happen in time. They instead did an awesome job of refactoring what we had and delivered on time. The stability of our core product is another success indicator. We had been stuck with ongoing maintenance and repairs for it. Our senior developer from Impekable did a great job of stabilizing the base code, making the need for maintenance drop by about 75%.

How did Impekable perform from a project management standpoint?

We worked with up to 4 resources from Impekable, depending on our project. We worked directly with those members. Our senior developer served as a project lead while I was in charge of direct communication from our end. I met with the project lead and the rest of the team at least weekly during heavy development. While I'm the head of products, I'm not a senior developer. But Impekable's team did a great job of conveying what was happening, what our issues were, and what it would take to fix them. They were very communicative, made themselves available and were always very clear. We use Zendesk internally and have given Impekable access to it. Google Docs is our main communication tool.

What did you find most impressive about  Impekable?

We have appreciated Impekable's ability to scale their level of management and oversight. We've worked with firms which had set processes for project management. It may have been what certain people need, but not our company. We've seen Impekable scale up and provide more management whenever things became more ambiguous. But they were also able to scale the process down when we stopped needing it. Impekable made its team accessible to us in this way. We're a startup, and often run on a lean budget and pressed timeline. Being able to remain responsive has been spectacular.

Are there any areas Impekable could improve?

The only improvement would be getting constant updates on the number of hours we've used and what we're doing next.

I would recommend that anyone be as clear as possible regarding a problem, allowing Impekable to be as clear as they can be on how to solve it. Being open to Impekable's insight is advisable. They're very knowledgeable and realistic in terms of estimates.

QUALITY: 4.5
We're working across distance and over time. We've had the best experience possible, within our limitations.
WILLING TO REFER: 5
I have worked with more than a handful of development companies over my career. I'd have the least number of qualifiers for Impekable when recommending them.
Nancy Goodman

UI/UX Design & Development for Consumer Product Company

Web development

The original scope included only user interface and experience design for a separately developed solution, which then led to further involvement.

A key strength includes the willingness to learn about internal processes and logic before challenging their clients in ways that typically improve the solution.

"Impekable was never late and they were patient whenever we took the time to make decisions."

Former CTO

Miami/Fort Lauderdale Area

Average: 5 (1 vote)

My former company provides a call log management system. They have been around for several years. I was the chief technology officer of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Impekable?

A business partner got a look at our app and told us that they loved what we were doing, but that our UI [user interface] was atrocious. We needed to find an award-winning UI/UX design team that could help clean up the app from the end-user side of things.

There was a number of aspects to consider; one of them was redefining the interface. More importantly, we needed to make sure that the user experience was correct. Impekable made some recommendations and helped us work through them. We had a UI redesign and had Impekable build us a PowerPoint template for presentations. We also asked them to create collateral pieces and a corporate website redesign. Impekable also built our website. At one point, we were working with 5 people from Impekable. The process was very transparent, and we were able to interact with people directly. The project manager took part of the bigger operations but, for little questions or suggestions, we could go directly to our team.

How did you come to work with Impekable?

I went on a search, talked to around 10 companies, and decided to choose Impekable.

How much have you invested with Impekable?

The total cost of Impekable's services has been around $30,000.

We started working with Impekable in January 2016. Our project was finished in April. We had a very short timeline in which we needed to accomplish a lot.

The website code was quite solid when we received it. There will always be issues and changes to be made, but Impekable was very responsive in this regard. We were able to test 90% of the site right away, so it was very functional. The UI designs made by Impekable were good. They were able to find some inefficiencies we had. They then made some very clever recommendations which hadn't occurred to our own team. Impekable gave us more UI choices than we expected. Because of our budget, we only expected 2-3 pieces, but we had up to 6-7 choices at times. We were featured as the best new app in the app store because of Impekable's work.

How did Impekable perform from a project management standpoint?

Our project manager from Impekable was great. She was always on top of things. She knew the status of all our work even before weekly meetings. We didn't have to waste time having each member talk about their involvement. She gave an overview, mentioned outstanding issues, presented results, and moved on. During the week, she checked in with us and gave minor updates depending on certain deadlines. We could email or call her and get a response within a short amount of time.

Impekable used standard project management tools instead of proprietary or unusual technology. I was happy about that. Impekable spent some time teaching our team how the tools could be used. We used Jira for internal bug tracking on our project. I didn't interface with Impekable's bug tracking system. They also used Sketch and InVision.

What did you find most impressive about Impekable?

We had no issues with billing at all. We had milestones and payments based on those. Impekable was never late and they were patient whenever we took the time to make decisions. There was never a disagreement. Impekable may not have liked every decision that we made, but we were the client and they respected that. I've recommended Impekable to many companies.

Impekable never held back in terms of listening and offering advice. There were times when my boss couldn't quite make decisions about which direction to take. We didn't want to hold up the progress. Because I know a bit about UI/UI, I could work interactively with Impekable's files and hand them off to our developer. That allowed him to export assets for the mobile app. Impekable was very willing to modify their process to meet our requirements.

Are there any areas Impekable could improve?

For our website design, we featured a marquee image. Our chief marketing officer had a vision of what that image should be, but we never clearly explained it to Impekable. We only offered 1 to 2 sentences when we asked them to create a design. It didn't come close to what we wanted. It wasn't possible for Impekable to understand our vision from that little information, so it wasn't really their fault. However, it's always important for everyone to ask for clarifications.

QUALITY: 4.5
We didn't have any issues and received excellent results from Impekable.
SCHEDULING: 5
Impekable never missed a deadline.
WILLING TO REFER: 5
I recommended them my new company.

Design & Development for IoT Security Startup

Enterprise application development

Impekable was first approached to support all aspects of prototype design/development as well as revamp the main corporate website.

Core strengths include keen design sensibilities when it comes to all things digital and a flexible engagement model well-suited to rapid prototyping.

"I trust Impekable completely when it comes to project management. They have always delivered projects on time."

VP of Product Management, ZingBox

Average: 5 (1 vote)

We are a computer security company providing solutions for Internet of Things devices. Over the past several years, laptops, cell phones, tablets, and computers have become more connected. Industrial robots, manufacturing equipment, and medical components are becoming connected to the Internet. Currently, there aren't any security solutions which can help protect these devices. That’s where our company comes in. I am the vice president of product management.

What challenge were you trying to address with Impekable?

We are a very lean startup with few full-time employees. We quickly recognized a need for exploring various design concepts before starting development. We were looking for a design partner to conceptualize the product with us. That should happen while we were on an exploratory journey to understand our customers and figure out a solution. As we started putting our solutions together, we were trying to figure out which market segments they would accurately fit in. We explored different verticals like manufacturing and healthcare. We wanted to put together certain design solutions, take them to customers, come back with feedback, and retread them on a rapid basis.

Using this customer feedback, Impekable quickly explored various design solutions and put together prototypes. Impekable helped us understand the market, quickly presenting results from a prototype perspective. We would then take that output to customers in order to get quick feedback. Early on, Impekable also helped us put together a mobile application when we didn't have in-house developers. When we had a need for front-end or mobile app development, we also received resources from Impekable.

We worked with various team members from Impekable on and off. At one point, we were working with 4 resources, including a permanent developer. They also sent other specialists who were brought in as needed. Impekable assigned an interaction designer to us. That person often engaged a graphic or visual designer. We didn't handpick the team. After working with the team lead for a couple of months, we have come to trust him to with selecting other team members.

How did you come to work with Impekable?

We wanted to have an extended relationship with a design agency. That’s instead of the more common one-time, project-based engagement. After investigating many design studios in Silicon Valley, I stumbled upon Impekable. They proved to be a perfect match, given their expertise in the enterprise infrastructure market. We didn't want to hire someone and begin by explaining how security solutions worked. Rather, we were looking for a design agency with some experience in the enterprise space. They needed to bring in some domain expertise, as well as a lot of design expertise. That way, they could help us figure out how the solution was supposed to be put together. We found these strengths in Impekable. From my past experience with another company, I knew that Impekable had worked with a large client. I was impressed with their work there. After speaking with Impekable and seeing their portfolio, I decided that they were the right partner for us.

How much have you invested with Impekable?

The total cost of Impekable's services is between $10,000 and $15,000 per month.

We have been working with Impekable for a little over a year and a half.

Impekable's impact has been tremendous in terms of branding, product design, and website design. Impekable has done a phenomenal job in defining how the outward-facing part of our company looks. They designed zingbox.com, our product, and our logo. Impekable has helped us in every possible way.

How did Impekable perform from a project management standpoint?

I trust Impekable completely when it comes to project management. They have always delivered projects on time. We have weekly meetings, during which I will articulate what types of features and projects we have lined up. Impekable's team comes up with various additions and solutions to the feature that we're working on. I don't have to get involved in the nitty-gritty of project management; Impekable takes care of the majority of it. Once their lead becomes involved in a project, he will manage it fully. We are connected with Impekable through a Slack channel. Their visual designers and interaction designers are always online for communication. We also use shared Trello boards for identifying and managing dependencies in our projects.

What did you find most impressive about Impekable?

Impekable offered a long-term relationship, which made us select them over other vendors. We spoke with several agencies who offered equally good design jobs. Unfortunately, they didn't have engagement models which were suitable for a startup like ours. They had project-based models that meant we'd have to handle requirements and hand them over to the company. This process meant that we would expect results in 6 or so weeks. That model can work well for a large organization with an existing product which only needs a refreshing. However, we were in a completely different phase as we were still exploring our options. Impekable's core value proposition was working as an extension of our team and being a partner in exploring the market.

Are there any areas Impekable could improve?

Impekable is more of a design agency than a development one. We didn't want to outsource our development to Impekable, so they only provided developers as needed. We didn't find this area to be particularly effective.

OVERALL SCORE: 5
Impekable isn't just your typical agency. We have built relationships with everyone in the team. Impekable knows our product inside-out.
COST: 4.5
SCHEDULING: 5
Impekable never missed a deadline.
WILLING TO REFER: 5
I wouldn't be providing this feedback if I wasn't likely to recommend them.
Mayuresh Ektare