Bringing great digital products to life.

Imaginary Cloud is a successful and fast growing company, working to design and develop cutting-edge web and mobile products.

We design web and mobile products with our user-centered Product Design Process, an ideal process for designing world-class digital products with a fast go-to-market strategy and to apply in projects that seek product growth through optimisation.

With our Agile Development Process we develop web and mobile products, based on a Scrum methodology. The process focus on delivering new features within short time frames, answering quickly to change.

• Av. António Augusto de Aguiar, 108, 5º
    Lisbon, Lisboa 1050-019
    Portugal

Sage, Ernst & Young, BNP Paribas, Nokia, Full Fabric, Remax

ChatSpace

ChatSpace helps clients increase efficiency and automation by applying artificial intelligence in a way that gives them the ability to build & manage chatbots plus continually augment this chatbot experience.

Jingalife

Jingalife is an app that connects patients with their caregivers, care managers, and their family and friends. It’s meant to be used across all platforms and in many different contexts, from the care manager’s office to the care giver’s dynamic and ever-changing working environments.

On the other end, patients, as well as their family and friends, will be able to follow the medical information and bookings meant to

happen, inform and be informed of any emergencies and have access to all necessary contacts for their day to day life.

Built in partnership with existing care homes that are eager to condense all their rostering work and communications in a single, simple and intuitive app.

The branding work was laid out before us and we used our Product Design Process to bring the app’s concept to life.

Miami Duck Shooter

Picture this: ducks, Miami, and a powerful duck-shooting Apple TV remote. Welcome to Miami Duck Shooter, a beautiful and fun duck shooting game that gets people playing for hours.

The idea is simple yet potentially addictive: the player gets unlimited ammo to shoot ducks flying over Miami. All that remains is to try and break the previous high-score.

As Imaginary Cloud received an Apple TV developer kit, we

started thinking how we could jump on the bandwagon and actually do something both educational (for us) and cool with it. We knew right away that we wanted to make a game, which would be the first on for anyone on the team.

The concept was developed in a day, uniting bits and pieces of different ideas, with a sense of humor to glue it all together. In a month’s time, we were almost ready to release, with most of the game mechanics and designs finished. A couple of weeks later, we managed to launch our first Apple TV game, alongside an original soundtrack.

StoryApp

StoryApp is a german app that contains a library of short stories and tales that the users can read on the go. These stories can be searched by theme, author or date. The user can collect and create their own library of bookmarked stories so that they can later read the ones that spiked their interest or even re-read the ones they loved.

We did our Product Design Process and the resulting designs were implemented by

the client’s side.

Invisible Homes

Invisible Homes lets users sell and buy properties off-market, allowing sellers to keep their property value high and have their privacy kept while providing buyers the access to exclusive offers that match their needs.

Imaginary Cloud was called to redesign the user onboarding area and user interfaces in order to increase engagement and accommodate new features.

One of the main challenges that we had was to

create a simple and easy way to understand information architecture/navigation that accommodates the possibility of the user being both a buyer and a seller. The information hierarchy should be intuitive, in order to allow users to quickly scrutiny the most relevant information from long lists of potential buyers and offers, keeping it easy to track the communication and status of each process.

Additionally, we had to find a way to communicate the platform dynamism and value to buyers, while keeping private the information about the properties.

OvalData

OvalData is an investor relation SaaS (Software as Service). It empowers investment managers with a process to engage their investors. The tool delivers a web portal for reporting fund performance and other relevant data (info sheets, compliance documents, etc).

Mapping App for Industrial Software Company

"The team’s positive internal culture has supported a personable business relationship."

Aug. 2018 - Ongoing

Imaginary Cloud developed a web-based application that renders detailed point clouds into a web browser. Services have included a Google Maps integration.

CEO, Industrial Software Company

Customers have praised the solution. The team’s expertise and tenacity have resulted in the ability to work with emerging technology such as quasi-AR. They have a responsive working style, welcoming collaboration with stakeholders. Their insights have added value.

I’m the CEO of an industrial software company operating in heavy industries such as oil, gas, and refining. In addition to providing environmental compliance software and services, we perform laser scanning and mapping to solve industry challenges.

What challenge were you trying to address with Imaginary Cloud?

We engaged Imaginary Cloud to develop a web application based on an MVP. We wanted to render detailed, 3D industrial maps in a web browser using an open source framework. Since we saw traction with the market with our demo, we brought on Imaginary Cloud to turn the prototype into a completed solution.

While I provided the initial code, they optimized the solution by rewriting all of it. They performed front-and-backend design and development.

They were able to render the multi-terabyte point clouds in a web browser, integrating the solution with Google Maps and a Global Information System for geo-spacial views. They’re layering detailed information on top of the maps to support AR applications. They’ve even built advanced data structures so users can filter what they wish to see.

Technologies used include a Node.js server and a React frontend framework. We use Postscript for a database hosted on Google App Engine. Point clouds are rendered using WebGL, and we use a Google Maps API to access a map view of the model.

We work with two developers full time, while design and UX personnel provide support as needed.

How did you come to work with Imaginary Cloud?

We researched vendors online, including looking at reviews on Clutch.co. We talked with a dozen different companies, but I couldn’t find one that matched what I was looking for. A vendor I contacted recommended that I speak with Imaginary Cloud and connected me with the CEO.

Imaginary Cloud produced an excellent code review and they were willing to act as an extension of my staff, using our project management tools for regular communication. As a technical stakeholder, I was looking for a team that would involve me throughout the entire process, and Imaginary Cloud offered that.

We began working together in August 2018 and the partnership is ongoing.

Customers have been blown away by what they’ve seen. They’ve delivered a quality solution using cutting-edge technology.

How did Imaginary Cloud perform from a project management standpoint?

They did a good job defining the coding standards and all the design elements up front. Since then, we’ve only needed to check in. They’ve got a good process and system established where I never feel burdened by additional costs for regular check-ins or advanced expertise.

As they all work in the same office, they easily collaborate with eachother. Whenever I ask questions, they answer quickly and provide solutions accordingly.

The team has advanced expertise, and they were willing to dig into complex, emerging technologies and successfully use it in the solution.

It’s clear that the staff is well supported by professional development workshops, performance reviews, and benefits. The team’s positive internal culture has supported a personable business relationship.

I can’t think of anything I wish they were doing better.

I’ve had a good experience because I started out with a good, high-level understanding of what the product should be. At the same time, I’ve learned that trusting their expertise is often the right decision, even if it contrasts with my initial thoughts.

Overall Score They’ve opened their processes to us, and now they feel like an extension of our company.
    The scheduling has been very consistent, and they’ve never missed a deadline.
    They’ve conformed perfectly to cost estimates. They also offer a high value for their cost.
    A junior developer solved a mathematical problem in a few days that would have taken a competitor’s engineering department three months.
    I would recommend them to anyone but a competitor.

Custom Dev for Financial Services SaaS Startup

"The team, deliverables, and overall experience have all been fantastic— I couldn’t ask for anything more."

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Imaginary Cloud developed an app for a digital feedback assessment effort. They handled the front- and backend production for the platform and created a dashboard. They provide ongoing technical support.

Portugal
Miguel Costa Santos
CEO, Globsurveys

The application has helped capture the interest of several important potential buyers and has set the company up for future success. The Imaginary Cloud team is dedicated to the work. They are an attentive, skilled, and flexible partner willing to put in the effort to produce a quality product.

I’m the CEO of Globsurveys. We sell SaaS products.

What challenge were you trying to address with Imaginary Cloud?

We wanted to create a platform for banks to gather customer feedback through. In several countries, banks seek insight through phone calls and email, which result in minimal content. To help us develop a solution to this problem, we hired Imaginary Cloud.

Imaginary Cloud developed our app. Their team worked on the front- and backend, including building the dashboard and providing technical support. They created the platform to function as a digital feedback assessment form.

The CEO is my main point of contact. They also provide a UX specialist, 1–2 engineers, and other teammates dedicated to visual work.

How did you come to work with Imaginary Cloud?

I followed a recommendation and chose Imaginary Cloud.

We have spent around €150,000 (approximately $168,994 USD).

We started working together in March 2017, and the project is ongoing.

Since beginning the project with Imaginary Clouds, we’ve gained potential clients worldwide. We’ve been able to establish contact with several banks and start the sales cycle. Currently, we’re moving forward to the next phases of marketing and improving the platform. Without their team, we couldn’t have made any of this progress.

How did Imaginary Cloud perform from a project management standpoint?

I speak with the CEO weekly, and the meetings consist of the entire team plus my clients, if necessary. They pay close attention to the details and have a rigorous approach. They’re professional and always hit deadlines.

The team, deliverables, and overall experience have all been fantastic— I couldn’t ask for anything more. They are always available for questions and fulfill all of our needs. Everything is done very well, and I’m not looking for a different provider.

At this point in the project, everything has been great. I can’t think of anything for them to improve.

Bring them a good idea and Imaginary Cloud will help you find success. They’re willing to invest their time in companies with solid concepts.

Overall Score I'm very satisfied with them.
    I've already recommended them.