Building a Smarter Web

Founded in 2001, ImageX is a technology & web agency with a global reach. We've help brands across the world such as Disney, Apple, YMCA, Samsung, Adidas, Adobe and Stanford University architect complex technical solutions and create meaningful digital experiences through user experience, content strategy, stunning visual design and ongoing digital strategy.

With offices in Vancouver, Canada, Kyiv, Ukraine and team members throughout North America, ImageX offers 24-hour web support to brands both big and small.

2001
  • ImageX
    19А Khreschatyk Street
    Kyiv, KY 02000
    Ukraine

Apple, YMCA, Adidas, Samsung, Stanford University, A&E, Disney.

Drupal Redevelopment for Tech Firm

"ImageX doesn’t make excuses, and they’re easy to work with."

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

ImageX overhauled a web platform following a major rebranding effort. The new solution is easily scalable, which is critical to future expansion. The project team remains focused on incremental enhancements.

Austin, Texas
Web Producer

The launched site has evoked overwhelmingly positive user feedback, especially concerning the modern design and seamless UX. Convenient access to experienced developers and thoughtful project management make ImageX an ideal partner.

I’m a web producer at an IT monitoring software company. We work with the world’s largest companies to ensure their IT services and applications are always functional. As the global leader in hybrid IT monitoring analytic software, we provide complete visibility for cloud, virtual, and physical IT environments.

What challenge were you trying to address with ImageX?

Our company was going through a rebrand and needed a new website. Our existing website was built quickly and poorly before I came to the company. It was made internally and didn’t work well or look good, so we needed a new site. I am the only person handling this project from our end, so I knew I couldn’t do the whole thing by myself.

We started building the site from the ground up. ImageX started by planning the site infrastructure and organization. Then, they handled wireframing before they did the development. We’ve continued to use them after the site was finished with a service agreement for ongoing development.

Everything was built to the best practice standard. Our old site’s code had just been hacked together and wasn’t scalable or customizable. ImageX designed the new, responsive site based on what we knew we needed, allowing us to expand it in the future. It’s a content-based website with demand generation.

ImageX did a large integration with us. Because we have a lead-generating website, we use the marketing automation software, Marketo. All of our forms are built in Drupal, but they’re actually Marketo forms, so there’s 2-way communication between Marketo and Drupal. That’s huge for us.

We didn’t have a search function previously, and our documentation portal is now really robust. We just had PDFs before, and now we have PDFs as well as downloadable and viewable HTML files. We had ZenPack catalogs that are WordPress plugins for our product. It’s open-source, so you can build them yourself or use our pre-made ZenPacks. Our ZenPack catalog was hosted on Wiki but didn’t have a good UX, so ImageX built an entire new ZenPack catalog for us by working with our documentation team.

We worked with a project manager, a lead developer, and 2 or 3 other developers from ImageX. At different stages, a business development planner helped us with the site architecture. We have an internal designer, so we came up with the design, but ImageX offered creative input.

How did you come to work with ImageX?

We wanted the site to be built on Drupal, and we wanted it done well. I started researching Drupal agencies that could be a true partner, not just a development shop. I made a list of 20 agencies and conducted phone interviews with all of them. I narrowed our options to 3 companies. ImageX felt more like a partner than the other choices. They also understood what we needed. They came to Texas from Canada to explain their services and give examples of work they had done before, which was impressive. Their development results were second to none.

How much have you invested with ImageX?

I don’t remember the cost of the project. We have a 50-hour per month service agreement with them.

We started working with ImageX at the beginning of last year, and the relationship is ongoing.

ImageX helped us design the site with our end-customers in mind, which hadn’t been done previously. We have only gotten positive feedback about the site. Our company used to look at lot older but appears much more modern now. The site is the face of our company, and it actually matches our personality.

We had a problem before where people weren’t able to find information. The new site has a much better UX and a stronger brand presence because it’s laid out well. From an admin experience, it’s great.

How did ImageX perform from a project management standpoint?

They don’t take shortcuts just to finish tasks quickly. They finish work on time and are flexible. ImageX doesn’t make excuses, and they’re easy to work with.

What did you find most impressive about ImageX?

They have the best developers that I’ve ever worked with. Their team is collaborative. Their head developer is able to speak to my manager as well as other developers, which is unusual and valuable. We used different agencies for marketing automation and SEO, and they worked well with all those teams.

Are there any areas ImageX could improve?

They could move to Texas. In all seriousness, I think they’re great.

They’re extremely reasonable.
    I have already recommended them.

Drupal Implementation for Online University

"They’ve been tremendously thoughtful partners."

Dec. 2016 - June 2017

ImageX redesigned an aging proprietary site, implemented a responsive retrofit, and then migrated necessary data to Drupal. The dev team also upgraded the dynamic course listings available to students.

Melrose Park, Pennsylvania
Director

The new site is more visually appealing and functionally reliable than its predecessor. Expert project management and communication skills let ImageX achieve what several other vendors believed impossible.

I am the Web Master and Administrative Coordinator for Educational Services at a small, Jewish university on the east coast of the United States. We offer mostly graduate programs, and it’s almost entirely online.

What business challenge were you trying to address with ImageX?

One of the biggest issues with our old CMS-driven site and hosting provider was that they were proprietary, which meant we totally relied on them for any changes to the website– even for the minor things.

I’m not a developer, but I have some basic web skills and I’m a pretty quick study. It was frustrating that, as the client, I didn’t have access to certain parts of the site where I could try to make changes myself. Because of that arrangement, everything would end up costing more money than we had within our approved annual budget, and our site was rapidly getting out of date. I had done some research and thought Drupal and Acquia, specifically, seemed like something we would want to try. At the end of the day, we needed a completely new design done within a very limited budget.

Please describe the scope of their involvement.

There were a lot of things that were broken on the old site. It was really old and really bad. A lot of the content is similar but the way that it is presented has been completely overhauled. The new website is now mobile friendly and no longer fails on a lot of the web accessibility points like the old site did. The actual usable course listing functionality is different.

We’re hoping to retain them for a service agreement. I’m trying to convince the people in charge of registering vendors, that it’s a good idea. I’m in the process of signing a service agreement with ImageX for a few hours a month for the Drupal security updates and whatever I can’t do. Though I’m feeling pretty confident in the backend. They’ve been really helpful in terms of training me.

How did you come to work with ImageX?

I was given the go ahead, after an extended amount of begging, to begin researching ways to make a new website for grads. The problem was we were super limited in terms of budget. About a year ago, Acquia had done a demo for us and I thought Acquia seemed cool as a host. I thought Drupal seemed really cool too.

When I was given the go ahead, I asked Acquia about designers I should talk to and they referred me to a couple of different places that priced out something completely out of our budget for designing a new site. Then, I told them it seemed impossible and asked if they had anybody who could meet us with our constraints. They directed me to ImageX primarily because of the open EDU. I talked to Brent Wilker [VP, Business Development at ImageX] and told him that I knew a lot of the high cost was associated with designing everything from scratch, as opposed to using the out of the box stuff, as well as the content migration being expensive. I told him I would rather do the content migration myself if there was a way and for us to use the open EDU framework, and then customize from there. We were able to come up with a way to do it that was within our budget, which was pretty exciting.

$30,000.

We started working with them December 2016 and the site went live June 2017.

The new website really is different from top to bottom. Visually the website looks a lot better, but it also works very well. The search function actually works the way it should and isn't prone to error.

How did ImageX perform from a project management standpoint?

I had a dedicated project manager throughout the whole engagement. There were 22 people in Basecamp. About 18 of them were ImageX resources and the rest of them were internal employees. I only interacted with 4–5 resources on a regular basis and it depended on the skills necessary.

I don’t have any complaints about the process. I’m thoroughly satisfied with the new site and they’ve been tremendously thoughtful partners. They were highly responsive and incredibly helpful. They were also excellent at training and enabling to be more self-sufficient. We used Basecamp extensively for communication, which made it seamless. I never had a difficult time getting in touch with ImageX or getting responses to my questions.

What distinguishes ImageX from other providers?

ImageX finished our project ahead of schedule and under budget. Every other designer I talked to thought our launch schedule impossible.

Is there anything ImageX could have improved or done differently?

I only have positive feedback.

I’d absolutely recommend them.

Joint Flagship Program Development for Nonprofit

"ImageX is closely aligned with our mission, produces great quality, and is an outstanding partner."

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

ImageX is collaboratively building an open digital platform for individual website creation by major nonprofit locations, streamlining development to reduce costs and promote cohesion throughout the network.

1,001-5,000 Employees

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Associate VP of Digital Product Management, Nonprofit

The collaborative solution attracted positive engagement from multiple stakeholders, many of which launched their own sites using the new stack. ImageX’s impressive coding, transparent communication, and willingness to work in tandem with other agencies strengthen the relationship.

I am the associate vice president of digital products and innovation for a large nonprofit entity in North America. We’re part of a loosely federated organization that’s driven from the bottom up; we have over 800 locations across the United States, and each is independently owned and operated. Our network includes 900 different websites. I answer to the SVP of all of digital items, who answers to the chief experience officer.

My job is split between working on projects specifically for the Twin Cities market as well as working on this new distributed initiative. I’m responsible for leveraging digital resources and making enhancements to serve our audience in the best way.

What challenge were you trying to address with ImageX?

As an internationally recognized nonprofit, we can’t operate with the strength of a cohesive unit to capitalize on our 2,200 fitness facilities and 20 million gym members in the United States. We’re spending a lot of money on duplicating digital efforts 800 times over. This means we have less money to invest in what’s core to our mission, which is fostering Youth Development, Healthy Living, and Social Responsibility.

It is essential that we invest our capital in a way that fostered collaboration across our network to bring down costs. We wanted to drive a philosophy of sharing and open collaboration.

They’re helping us build a solution. ImageX is one of the lead agencies on our collaboration platform. ImageX has been our thought partner in creating a system of choice with different technology providers.

ImageX is closely aligned with our mission, produces great quality, and is a fantastic partner. They recognize that we’re a nonprofit. They know we don’t always have robust technology teams and we often need a lot of help. Nonprofits can have half of the available budget and twice the needs of a for-profit organization.

ImageX’s role mainly involves our distribution in Drupal, which allows any of our locations to get an enterprise-grade, fully responsive, mobile-optimized website within a few minutes through just a few clicks. They’ve helped us to determine a long-term approach from a strategy perspective in tandem with a few other agencies.

ImageX also provided code for our open collaboration specifically. We launched the distribution publically in January 2017, and then we worked with ImageX to develop specific code for social media integration and search engine optimization (SEO). They built some innovative integrations with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager that make it very easy for a content admin who may not have any technical expertise to get started with Google Analytics, allowing them to view site performance in real time.

ImageX is impressive because they delivered great quality on time, within our budget, and with no issues or defects at all. Working with them was an absolute pleasure. In addition, I asked them to collaborate with our other agencies, and they did phenomenally well. As you can imagine, collaboration between agencies could have introduced a variety of potential conflicts, but that didn’t happen at all. If we had any issues, they openly and with transparency communicated with other agencies to find the solution and resolve the problem. I did not see any friction between ImageX and the other agencies. We liked them so much that we’re looking forward to working with them further on our open distribution in addition to those other agencies.

How many resources have been assigned to your project?

I don’t know exactly how large the team was. I’ve worked primarily with a lead technical architect, Yuri, and with Brent, our account leader. They give suggestions to guide our long-term strategy. I also worked with a project manager to make sure that the work was on schedule and that we were invoiced appropriately. I’m sure they had a handful of developers writing code at the direction of Yuri.

How did you come to work with ImageX?

Yuri actually used to be at another agency that was an original founder of the project. When he moved to ImageX, we followed and started talking to ImageX. We had a summit in Houston, Texas in February of 2017, and we invited partners that were interested in our open platform. Brent and Yuri came to Houston to meet with us. Once we learned that they were interested in working with mission-driven organizations and were aligned with our goals, it was clear that they’d be a great partner to try. We started by asking them to write a bit of code. What we got was great, and now we’re planning to have them do more.

We started working with them in February of 2017, and the work is ongoing.

We’ve gotten good press because of the quality and the caliber of the partners writing the code. ImageX is among the top providers that we’ve worked with. The number of associations that are either interested or are committed to this initiative is growing daily. Right now, different locations are in various states of launching new websites. Many sites are in development and will launch this year. Another 25 associations have committed to either launching a site in the imminent future or leveraging a portion of the open code to augment their current web stack.

Because they wrote code for a distribution, the work from Image X will not have the standard KPIs associated with a web project. Instead, we looked holistically at the open platform itself. One of our associated locations in Seattle has 19 different branches. They spent 6 figures when building their initial site, which was an early prototype of our open platform. With the new distribution and working with partners like ImageX, our associations have been able to reduce their costs by up to 70% and increase their speed to market by 75%. Some of our associations don’t have the funds to set up a Google Analytics account that integrated with their website. That’s why we have our out-of-the-box solution that enables easy setup and integration via the interface that ImageX built.

Over time, each association will gather usage information to continue to optimize their experiences at lower costs than using a proprietary platform. Through ImageX and the other agencies, everything worked properly. We didn’t have to go back to them with bug defects or things of that nature, so it saved us a lot of time.

Did ImageX make themselves available to organizations that had questions about their work?

Our organizational movement in Australia has 34 associations. They just recently voted to consolidate 99% of those locations. Because they’re looking for a new web platform, I connected a decision-maker with Yuri at ImageX, and he helped them build an entire prototype site to be shared with their leadership. It’s important to be aware of the time difference between Vancouver and Australia. Yuri made himself available for hours at a time, often late at night, giving essentially free consulting to make sure our Australian counterparts were set up for success. ImageX showed that they believe in this platform. It was fantastic to connect a colleague with a partner like ImageX and know that they were in good hands. Our Australian colleagues had only positive feedback after their interactions with ImageX.

What did you find most impressive about ImageX?

The productivity gains and ease of management are impressive. It was so easy to work with them. We truly feel like they are a partner. If we ran into an issue, they made it easy for me to trust them. Their communication was proactive from the start.

Are there any areas ImageX could improve?

It’s been great so far. We’ve only been working with them for about 6 months, but I haven’t seen anything concerning.

Overall Score They have absolutely fantastic service and are really invested in our success.
    I’d give them a 10 if I could.

Drupal Web Dev for Building Materials Manufacturer

"There were no surprises. When they said it would take an hour, it never took four."

Jan. 2017 - Ongoing

ImageX performed backend and security upgrades on three associated websites. After another agency failed to deliver, ImageX repaired broken elements like a Google API-based locator tool and GEO coordinates.

Rancho Cordova, California
Christian Martin
Head of Marketing, PABCO Gypsum

ImageX successfully fixed damaged site components, leading to a smoother web experience and contributing to a 20% increase in revenue. The team made significant improvements to overall code quality and managed the code base efficiently. Their project management skills were strong.

I work for PABCO Gypsum, which is a division of Pacific Coast Companies. We make drywall and advanced soundproofing materials for buildings. I’m the head of the marketing department.

What challenge were you trying to address with ImageX?

I had a team of developers working on some upgrades to our Drupal CMS sites, and I wasn’t happy with the level of attention and quality they had. I was struggling with them a bit. The ImageX guys came highly recommended, so I gave them a shot. They were on-point to pick up where the previous development team had left off.

We had an existing Drupal site, and it lacked a little bit of style and pizazz on the frontend. More importantly, we have an advanced dealer locator, which uses the Google API. The previous developers were trying to get that all to work, and it was just littered with bugs and wasn’t working right. We couldn’t get our database to load. We couldn’t get the GEO coordinates accurate. It was just a whole slurry of things.

The guys from ImageX came in and cleaned everything up. They gave the site a bit of a shakedown because I wasn’t very confident with the level of work the previous team had done. They kicked some of the gremlins out of the basement, if you will, and addressed potential security problems, and proposed some updates to it. Now it’s pretty polished and solid. It still needs a little bit of TLC, but it’s all fine-tuning from here. Before, it was just breaking.

We don’t have an e-commerce module built on the site. We have a dealer and distributor channel to which we refer all our customers. There are three sites I control; pabcogypsum.com, quietrock.com – which is the site I really wanted some focus on – and pabcobuildingproducts.com. All three of those domains are under my control.

ImageX worked with all three, with more focus put onto quietrock.com because of my sensitivity about that site. It had come a long way, and we left that site hanging when we were in phase two of development. So, most of their focus had been on quietrock.com. Some of the security updates and proposed fixes did get applied to the other domains as well. A lot of the bling, the stylizing, and the work done to that locator module was all on quiestrock.com. It didn’t affect the other sites.

I didn’t ask to select their developers. I was told they had a fine group, and they were already primed by the person who recommendation them. They already knew a bit about my projects before they started. They were on-point to do all the heavy lifting for the development work. The site was already built, so they didn’t work on the design.

How did you come to work with ImageX?

They were a referral from another company I’d worked with in the past.

How much have you invested with ImageX?

We’ve invested around $20,000 so far.

We started working together in January of 2017, and our relationship is ongoing. I was so pleased with their work that I decided to hopefully enter a service agreement with them.

More people are using the dealer locator, and I’m not getting any errors coming through on the backend, so that’s good. It’s been a combined effort, through marketing and stuff, where people are going to that dealer locator now. I’ve been marketing it a lot lately, and luckily for me, people are actually getting into contact with dealers and buying the product, so that’s pretty substantial. I would say it’s improved by about 20%.

How did ImageX perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re excellent. There was a guy I was working with specifically over there, Leslie Cordell [Web Developer], and he’s been a rock star. He’s been a pleasure to work with so far. We mainly use email and phone to communicate.

What did you find most impressive about ImageX?

I’m a bit of a geek, so I could actually look at the code itself. I can say that the code is really clean. There’s not a whole lot of junk or residual copies of style sheets referencing a new entry somewhere. Sometimes developers make a copy of it somewhere and rename something, just to keep the ball rolling. The quality of the code is really spot-on. The level of detail is really spot-on. They’ve met every single requirement I’ve had. They’re very punctual. When they say something will only take about an hour or two, they mean it. There were no surprises. When they said it would take an hour, it never took four. Their estimations were spot-on. I’m very pleased with their dev team all around. It was awesome.

Are there any areas ImageX could improve?

No. I can’t think of anything. I’ve been really stoked with the work they’ve done.

Do you have any advice for potential clients of theirs?

When selecting a development team, you should get your head around your project before you start talking with them. It’ll speed things along and make the whole process a lot easier. People often don’t know what they want. ImageX is pretty good at talking through some of that stuff. They’re good at communicating with their clients, but the more the client knows out of the gate, the better. I think that goes without saying for any development group. It’s kind of a ‘No duh!’ but a lot of people don’t get that.

Overall Score I’m really floored by the level of quality in everything these guys are about. They’re rock stars.
    Their pricing is incredibly competitive. Some development groups charge a lot more, and some might charge a lot less. It’s a little more expensive than some other places, but you get what you pay for.
    Every requirement was met in a timely fashion, even before the deadline at times. The communication was always on-point. It was perfect.
    After working with several groups over the years, ImageX is my favorite so far. They’d be at the top of my list for a recommendation.

Subcontracted Drupal Dev for Tech Consultancy

"Sometimes the situation seems impossible ... but ImageX has always pulled it off."

2014 - Ongoing

An internal software group relies on ImageX to implement custom Drupal solutions. Multiple projects have been finished and several remain ongoing.

California
Operations Manager

Responsiveness under pressure and the ability to comply with aggressive deadlines are two major strengths. Project teams are friendly, reliable, and experienced.

I work for a management consultancy business where we work with clients to help them with their management processes. I’m the operations manager.

What challenge were you trying to address with ImageX?

We were unhappy with our previous developer and the hosting setup we had. We’re a Drupal based shop and we moved to Acquia, which is the primary Drupal host.

The first Drupal website ImageX built for us was a hackathon site which was a public website. It was a social collaboration website where people could come to the site and post challenges and people would respond to the challenges and post reviews and ratings. The last couple of years we’ve moved to doing systems that live inside client networks. They’ve been our ongoing development partner ever since. Every time we go in with a client, we develop new software for the client based on Drupal and that’s the work ImageX does. They serve as our development team and we’re the link between our client and ImageX. We’ve been extremely happy with the work they’ve done. The largest team that we’ve had work on a project has been five or six. I have a very good relationship with the lead developer.

How did you come to work with ImageX?

We asked Acquia for suggestions of developers and ImageX was one of the suggestions they gave us. We interviewed three companies that Acquia recommended and gave them each a proposal. ImageX had the most in-depth responses and the most reasonable rates to the proposal.

We started working with them six years ago, and the work is ongoing.

We’re very pleased with how the public site turned out. The bigger successes are the projects we’ve done in recent years where they’re for internal clients. We’ll work with a large company and get several thousand people participating on this platform to move new ideas forward and creating new processes. One of the clients had 5,000 active engaged users on the platform. The platform we’re currently working on will have upwards of 65,000 users when it’s done. Our previous developer did not provide deliverables in a timely manner and didn’t have a good grasp of the technology. When we switched to ImageX, things went much smoother and much faster. They are more reasonably priced and much more responsive.

How did ImageX perform from a project management standpoint?

I have access to the software inside their system.

What did you find most impressive about ImageX?

In my world, we work with high-level executives and deadlines can be really crazy and the clients don’t want to accept delays. Sometimes the situation seems impossible to get done in time, but ImageX has always pulled it off. They’ve been incredibly responsive in really demanding deadline situations. I know many other developers would not be as responsive.

Are there any areas ImageX could improve?

No. I’m a super happy customer.

Subcontracted Drupal 8 Implementation for Tech Firm

"Their project manager was extremely thorough. I never had to worry about anything."

Jan. - Mar. 2017

ImageX was subcontracted to migrate data from an existing Ektron site to its recently developed Drupal 8 counterpart.

Boston, Massachusetts
Project Manager, Tech Firm

Adaptability and a clear willingness to learn separate ImageX from competitors. The project team is detail-oriented and contributes proactively wherever possible often resulting in material improvements.

I’m the project manager at a technology company.

What challenge were you trying to address with ImageX?

For our own internal projects, we generally have a program manager, who in this case is me, and then also a technical architect. We then hire partners to come in and help with the day-to-day activities and the development. That is true of all of our larger projects, and that was the case with this particular one as well. ImageX got involved with a project for an end-customer of ours.

ImageX was part of our initial kick-off meeting, and that’s where we gathered a lot of the requirements. ImageX was involved from the initial client meeting to the end of the project.The site has been in Ektron and the client wanted to move to a new CMS. ImageX built the site in Drupal 8 and they were specifically working on the frontend and backend development. They weren’t just working on basic pages and press releases, but also helped with important functionalities like translation, and if somebody was coming in from a certain region, for example, being able to figure out kind of what language the site should show up in. ImageX worked with our team and also the client. They provided one project manager, two developers and one person for QA. It took a week or two to put the team together.

How did you come to work with ImageX?

Our director of professional services was the one that suggested ImageX. She knows of their work and speaks of them very highly. Generally, we go to the partner firm and say this is who we’re looking for and then they’ll put together some resumes and we actually go through and interview them as well. Our company had worked with them in the past but this was the first time I personally had worked with them.

The project started in January 2017 and was completed in three months

How did ImageX perform from a project management standpoint?

We talked to their management team about their work ethic and from a project management perspective, their project manager was extremely thorough. I never had to worry about anything. There are times, honestly, where we kind of have to look over somebody’s shoulder to make sure that they’re doing what they need to do but she’s very self-motivated and self-starting and I would say that same feedback for their development team and for their QA. They don’t just take requirements and do exactly what you say. They really think through the process. They throw back ideas of things that could make the project better. They’re willing to get involved with the client and help them along with what they need and really motivated to do the best job that they can. I feel like they went above and beyond my expectations. We did not experience any turnover in the team. We use JIRA as our bug tracking software. The project was remote.

What did you find most impressive about ImageX?

I have worked with several different firms throughout my career and I see ImageX has a willingness to learn. For example, we have a brand-new system of doing work technologically at our company. They were able to dive right in and figure out exactly what they needed. This is the fastest ramp-up for a project that I’ve had.

Are there any areas ImageX could improve?

Even when we talk to their management team, some of it was just getting used to our process, but that’s true of anybody. If I was thinking about constructive criticism, I don’t think there’s anything that I would say ImageX, in general, needs to improve on. I think they’re a really strong company and we were extremely happy with the work that they did for us.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with ImageX?

I would say ask for references to see if they can find anybody experienced with auditing code. I think sometimes you can see a website someone has built that might look great from the outside but it’s not really built well on the inside. Asking for those examples to get that information would be helpful.

Drupal Development for Academic Fundraising Startup

"We've been blown away not only by their expertise, but also their willingness to share it with us."

Feb. 2017 - Ongoing

ImageX supplies subcontracted developers who advance design-oriented tasks. The team interfaces directly with end-customers, therefore preventing possible issues and reducing turnaround time for assignments.

Ontario, Canada
Tom Kezis
Sr. Account Manager, ResolutionTech

Practical experience and responsiveness are differentiating traits. The suggestions they make reveal careful thought and attention to detail, which is essential to design activities.

RESolutionsTECH is a consulting firm specializing in Raiser's Edge. It's one of the more popular fundraising databases that many colleges, universities, and not-for-profits are using. I’m the senior account manager.

What challenge were you trying to address with ImageX?

We focus specifically on the Raiser's Edge side, a fundraising database, but there are other tools and products that relate to Raiser's Edge on the website. If an organization is looking to do fundraising, one option is to purchase one of these products that allows donors to go online, complete a donation form, and go through that whole process. Their contact information, their amount of donation, and what kind of campaign it came through, then goes into Raiser's Edge. We were searching for a partner who could assist on the more advanced technical aspects of the web design.

The way our system works is that myself and another technical person on my side have a weekly call with them to discuss the projects taking place, how they're progressing, the amount of time spent, and where we are in terms of what was originally laid out in the project plan. We're just making sure that there aren't any changes from that perspective. The ImageX team is working directly with our clients on a daily basis on particular projects. If there is a question, clients will post it to an online ticket system portal, and then ImageX has that communication with the clients on an ongoing basis.

This is a steady format that we have. For any new client that comes on, we assess their needs, share that with ImageX, and they'll give us their thoughts on the scope of the project. Once we're up and running, it's a collaborative effort of us and ImageX communicating with the clients.

There are three to four staff members with different roles from ImageX working with us. We are assigned one account manager. Depending on the type of request that comes in, it’s divided out to those other staff members.

How did you come to work with ImageX?

Our specialty is the Raiser's Edge, but we're lacking expertise on the web development side of things. That's where we started reaching out to potential organizations that specialize in web development. We came across ImageX and were happy with their reviews. They sent us references, and we reached out to them. We had a few preliminary calls, and those discussions went well. That’s when we decided to ultimately partner with them.

We finalized our agreement with them in early February 2017 and started rolling things out from there. The work is ongoing.

Our experience with ImageX has been nothing but positive. We had an email from one of our clients saying they were extremely happy with the interaction, expertise, and responsiveness so far with ImageX. That email was a big thank you letter for introducing us to them and getting the project up and running. We look forward to a long-term and successful partnership.

How did ImageX perform from a project management standpoint?

We use Basecamp for managing projects between ourselves and ImageX. We also have an online portal system through Salesforce. All of our communication with clients is through the platform. We get updates on a daily basis and an overall recap of what's taken place on a weekly basis. They’re on top of their documentation.

What did you find most impressive about ImageX?

The thing that stands out to me the most is their responsiveness. We've had partnerships with other clients or organizations where we sometimes don't hear back for a couple of days, but ImageX is always very quick to respond. Within a couple of hours, they're responding to emails or requests. Another thing is their level of expertise. We've been blown away not only by their expertise, but also their willingness to share it with us. No other partner has gone to that level in terms of sharing their knowledge.

Are there any areas ImageX could improve?

There isn't anything that comes to mind yet about any issues we’ve had with them. We've been really happy with them.

Overall Score We've been more than happy with them with no issues. They're an excellent partner.
    They are very prompt and meet all deadlines.
    They have been accurate with estimates and even coming in below price.

Drupal Dev for Tech Agency

"[They] can communicate well, even at the client level, taking complex ideas and translating them into everyday terms ..."

2014 - Ongoing

ImageX engineers help the internal dev team cope with project overflow, focusing exclusively on Drupal solutions. This engagement remains ongoing.

Dallas, Texas
CFO, Dev Shop

Unrivaled Drupal expertise is a key differentiator, especially when productivity is a major consideration. ImageX is not an inexpensive option, but with the price comes some peace of mind.

We're a web development shop based in Dallas, Texas. I’m the chief financial officer.

What challenge were you trying to address with ImageX?

We became busy with some large projects, so we were looking for additional resources in order to scale up quickly. The idea was to partner with someone to help with overflow, but they had to be experienced with Drupal.

ImageX has provided third-party work for one of our clients. We have worked exclusively with two backend developers from ImageX's team. We weren't sure how they would mesh with our own team but came to find that they were very well-trained, knowledgeable individuals. They were also very good communicators.

We've used ImageX for a second, smaller engagement, with only 1 resource. They exceeded our expectations there as well.

We have used ImageX's developers on two projects. Because they were capable, we've shifted them to more urgent work.

How did you come to work with ImageX?

Our owner knows ImageX's team well, given that we work in the same business space. When we needed additional resources, we reached out to ImageX in order to see if we could leverage some of their people. We did consider other North-American companies, but in the case of 2 of them, it became clear that their knowledge and workflow practices were not on-par with our requirements. We had very specific processes using Git repositories, development, and testing environments, and so on.

This is confidential.

We started working with ImageX a year and a half ago. The project ran for longer, but their involvement lasted for 6-8 months when the client was looking to speed up the level of output. I would have loved to use ImageX's resources more, but they were expensive. That said, this works fine for high-level work which can support additional billing.

Even though I can't provide solid numbers, a general indicator of ImageX's performance is that we were able to not only reduce our timeline backlog and get back on track but to also exceed the client's expectations.

How did ImageX perform from a project management standpoint?

We use a combination of tools for project management, including Basecamp for client communication and repositories, Harvest for time-logging, and Pivotal Tracker, which is used for user stories and backlogs. We also use Git for versioning control.

What did you find most impressive about ImageX?

Some developers, even though they may be technically competent, shouldn't be brought to a client meeting. ImageX's team can communicate well, even at the client level, taking complex ideas and translating them into everyday terms during conference calls. ImageX's resources were very capable of being team players and didn't try to stick to their own way of doing things.

Are there any areas ImageX could improve?

The cost was a little high, but there were no issues with ImageX's work. They did a good job for us.

The cost may seem high, but value is a different question.

Drupal Salvage for Media Production Firm

"I appreciated how knowledgeable [they were] and how professionally the team was handled."

Jun. - Jul. 2016

ImageX joined the project after several failed attempts to inject functional JavaScript into an existing Drupal site. They delivered a viable solution within 5-weeks.

Santa Cruz, California
Jake Karecki
Project Manager, Rail Digital

Pros include unrivaled experience operating in the Drupal environment, exceptional project management, and the ability to work hand-in-hand with end-customers to ensure a timely and quality delivery.

Rail Digital is a web design and animation company. I am a project manager for the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with ImageX?

We have been dealing with web development for a few years and have recently outsourced our team elsewhere. When that group started slacking on their end, we needed the help of a stronger dev team. We prefer this approach to using single developers because we know that, if someone becomes unavailable, someone else can pick up the pace.

We picked up a client who came to us with Drupal development needs. ImageX worked as an alternative to our regular team. They're competent in JavaScript injection and picked up the task along the way.

The client didn't provide a full list of requests, so we approached ImageX about this. One of their lead developers stepped in, took control, and came up with solutions quickly. There were also other resources in the background on ImageX's side. The client ended up working with ImageX directly, which saved the project.

How did you come to work with ImageX?

We found ImageX through Clutch. There were a few other considerations, some with very low Drupal development costs, but they didn't seem very knowledgeable about what they were doing. Especially since we'd had a poor interaction with the former offshore team, we didn't view many of them as trustworthy. Having a Canadian-based developer who could actually speak with us was very helpful. We could communicate within our timeframe.

How much have you invested with ImageX?

The initial quote for ImageX's services was around $2,000, but it extended into the $4,000 to $5,000 range. The cost was on the smaller end of what we were expecting.

The project started in June 2016. We interacted with ImageX for around a week, showing them what problems we were facing, and the whole project took a month to complete. The timeframe was extended by the client dragging their feet and coming up with more tasks.

The client had a new landing page with a search function for their database of companies. The system started working immediately after ImageX checked in, but they've had to impose their own approach in order to make the design functional.

How did ImageX perform from a project management standpoint?

There was a lot of middle management in the beginning, but we eventually put ImageX in direct contact with our client in order to exchange requirements and have discussions.

What did you find most impressive about ImageX?

I appreciated how knowledgeable ImageX's staff was and how professionally the team was handled, in comparison to other teams we've worked with. The project management was great.

Are there any areas ImageX could improve?

No. ImageX knocked it out of the part.

The quality outdid the cost. ImageX delivered something that we knew wouldn't have issues.
    ImageX is about to become our sole development team.

WordPress & Drupal Dev for Nonprofit

"I've appreciated being able to reach out to anyone on their team."

2012 - Ongoing

ImageX first redesigned an existing WordPress template and then began to work extensively on an existing Drupal site, which they continue to maintain and support.

Washington, DC
Communications Manager

Key differentiators are responsiveness and accessibility, especially when it comes to their leadership. In-depth Drupal expertise has also contributed to the long-term success of the engagement.

We are a food policy research institute working as a non-profit. I am the web communications manager of the organization.

What challenge were you trying to address with ImageX?

We needed to redesign our website.

We initially worked with ImageX 4 years ago on a WordPress template design and development project, and have since engaged them for various other tasks. We also have a Drupal platform and ImageX has helped us perform usability studies for it.

The size of our team will vary depending on the work. There are usually 4–5 people from ImageX involved on any specific project, including a creative director, a project manager, a designer, and a developer. I make sure that a project lead from ImageX's side is directly involved, but I also interact with designers and developers directly. When I need to, I will also contact the COO [chief operating officer] and president of ImageX, who have responded well. If for any reason, we don't receive a quick answer from a resource, we have additional channels available.

How did you come to work with ImageX?

We were looking for vendors willing to work on smaller projects. Our institute has several Drupal and WordPress platforms, but we don't have a full-fledged development shop. We looked for a stable partner for a long time. My former boss came across ImageX's name while we were approaching other companies. We gave ImageX a small project and they delivered. It was a smooth ride afterward.

How much have you invested with ImageX?

The total cost of our company-wide work with ImageX has been in the six-figure range.

We have been working with ImageX for 4–5 years.

We started our work 4-5 years ago, with one website. By the time we had 3–4 pages, ImageX was brought in to redesign one of the templates we were using extensively. We now have over 40 microsites on it, which proves its impact. Some of the work I've done with ImageX early on has helped make our platform what it is now.

How did ImageX perform from a project management standpoint?

We use Basecamp for all of our communication and document-sharing with ImageX. We have used version-control systems and collaborative platforms in the past, but we now exchange code directly.

What did you find most impressive about ImageX?

ImageX is very responsive and accessible. I can always reach their president, COO, program leader, and developers over Skype. ImageX is a smaller company, and I've appreciated being able to reach out to anyone on their team.

Are there any areas ImageX could improve?

ImageX is a fairly good company, and I only wish I had more money for keeping their team more involved. Being a non-governmental organization, we don't have a large budget.

We almost always have tight deadlines, but ImageX has never failed me.
    The price could have been less, but compared to the industry standards, ImageX has good value.