What were your company’s business goals for this particular project?
There are two parts. The first one was to help us during an emergency, which was last fall when we had to service victims of a catastrophe in our state. If our clients need dollars for a claim related to home damage of any sort, we have to process the claim fast to get the money to the person.
The person that typically did our content management imaging solution was no longer available, so we quickly had to change some workflow processes to meet our new IT. We quickly found ImageTech Systems randomly through Google searches.
Their technical person quickly turned around a statement of work, then overachieved by actually providing clear documentation to validate the requirements, and then execute on those requirements. Their team set up meetings on their own, so they were clear before they dove in.
We didn’t have our own test environment for the content management environment, but they had a development and test environment on their end. We needed to trust their development and test environment before we deployed, which worked out. As we updated the workflow, they did some tests before we deployed it to production.
After we got that rolling, we decided that we need to upgrade our whole content manager system to incorporate Kofax workflow. The whole goal of our organization was to manage a Category 5 storm off the coast of our state without paper. For the past 20 years, our team processed everything on paper. This required a multiphase project. There were some software and hardware upgrades. ImageTech Systems helped us with licensing, with hardware memory, and other things.
Their team actually talked to the business side of things, and tried to understand what the problem was. They validated what that was and documented information for what we wanted from a workflow perspective clearly.
They helped us on many levels: Hardware, software, and business process improvements. All along the way, they used clear documentation, spot-on project management, and issued status reports every single Monday. Their group worked on weekends when we needed to migrate to production. No matter what the task was, I felt we always had the A-team.