Software Development Company For Future Unicorns

SILVER VERIFIED

Ideamotive provides top tech product teams on-demand, individual software development contractors, and IT consultants. We help startups, scale-ups, and enterprises all over the globe build, grow, and scale digital products.

Our wide network of hundreds of tech veterans combines on-site talent, off-site collaborators, and top software houses:

1. Software developers for every software projects and every technology
  2. UI/UX designers and digital illustrators
  3. Business consultants and back-office experts
  4. AI & ML developers and Big Data engineers

With our holistic approach, we will help create your strategy, develop your product, and provide you with all the additional experts necessary, like PMs or Product Owners — all on one invoice.

And if you are unsure of your vision, we will help you clarify it.

Our mission is to deliver top tech talent perfectly matched with your technology, industry, and company culture, who will integrate seamlessly into every project.

We are led by the Agile mentality and we believe in a growth-first principle.
We are talent-driven.

Connect with us to hire world-class tech talent.
Drop us a line on [email protected]

Warsaw, Poland

Nielsen, JRPass, CarPal Fleet, Memcare, GoGetty, Lauber (InterCars), Mediatask, SnowShow, Marvipol, Tripbuilder Tours, XTB, HAVAS, Reykjavik District, Fasadio.

Mediatask Image

Mediatask

Mediatask is a marketplace connecting top drafters with real estate developers all over the world to provide them with best quality drawings. The heart of Mediatask is the system that helps to manage and keep track of the whole process.

We overtook the project when it was already live. Together with the client, we decided to rewrite the whole system so it would be more cost effective to improve it and add new

functionalities in the future.

During the two years of our cooperation, we managed to decrease Mediatask administrative costs by 80%. Their team doubled (160+ people). We also reduced the cost of external licenses (Office365 for 100+ drafters).

Nielsen Image

Nielsen

Nielsen is a global marketing research corporation which provides reliable measurement and data analytics for marketers and sales specialists worldwide. The company approached us with a substantial challenge: to create a dedicated mobile app for Nielsen's staff.

Through a process of various workshops with Nielsen’s team and stakeholders, we specified the final vision for the application, designed and developed it and

also distributed it for Nielsen’s employees in Poland.

On the course of work we enhanced documents exchange and improved time-to-delivery, improved communication within divisions (formal and informal groups), introduced fast team inquiries with push notifications and improved information flow within the organization.

JRPass Image

JRPass

JRPass is a UK-based company selling Japanese Railway tickets all over the world. Click, order, pay and in a few days your ticket will arrive at your doorstep.

Ideamotive took the project while it already been online and in continuous development.

We audited the codebase, developed new features and at the same time began to refactor the code to deliver better SEO, performance, system security, and many others.

Thanks to SEO improvements and A/B testing the website traffic and conversion rates increased significantly.

CarPal Fleet Image

CarPal Fleet

CarPal Fleet is a SaaS delivery management software from Singapore. Its goal is to help delivery companies from all over the world. With CarPal Fleet it’s much easier to manage, scale, control and automates delivery operations.

Ideamotive developers are involved in creating CarPal Fleet web and mobile apps with the use of React for the web app and React Native for the mobile app (for both iOS and Android).

GoGetty Image

GoGetty

GoGetty is a Danish startup, the first employer branding and diversity platform in Denmark that makes diversity numbers and inclusion strategies measurable and transparent.

During our work together we performed workshops to identify business processes, designed the part of the platforms MVP and developed it using Ruby on Rails and React.

GoGetty was nominated to many Danish startup prizes and also featured in

one of the most prominent Danish newspapers - Børsen.

VOD Web App Image

VOD Web App

An US-based client approached us to design a new VOD web app. Our goal was to create a universal design to fit all screen sizes and all sort of devices (desktop, mobile, TV screens).

The design process involved:

• Benchmarking, competition research, and analysis
  • Wireframing and interactive prototypes for various devices
  • High fidelity mockups design
  • Creating a design system
for the client's internal development team

Bonacea Image

Bonacea

Bonacea is an early stage healthcare startup aiming to help people throughout their long-term treatments. It is a complex project involving software and IoT. We were asked to prepare UX and UI concepts for the web and mobile interfaces.

The process of gathering requirements and drawing low-fidelity mockups helped to save a significant amount of money and time by avoiding costly modifications during the development. We

also build an interactive prototype to allow everyone involved to have a good understanding of how the product should work.

Bonacea received the complete design of the system for all devices.

Memcare Image

Memcare

Memcare is a SaaS startup from Norway that aims to transform the funeral market by optimizing the management of funeral homes. It offers a cutting-edge system that helps funeral homes to organize funerals, manage customer and partner relations and all other aspects that a funeral home staff has to operate on a daily basis.

Ideamotive worked with Memcare to redesign, enhance the existing ap and expand the functionalities

of Memcare Partner and Memcare Notify apps. The process involved rewriting the apps front-end from Ruby on Rails to React.

Voicer Image

Voicer

Voicer is an early stage startup wanting to build an app for audio/voice recording, with an advanced algorithm for sharing personal content.

We took the Client through the whole process of defining the business model, market research, segmenting customers and creating mock-ups for the potential investors.

With our help, the Voicer team defined their product including target audience, business model, overall

design and tech skills needed to create an MVP (budget, time, and other resources needed). We enabled them to sell their prototype to investors, show it to a potential customer and make more in-depth market research without developing the app.

GoAP - UX Design Sprint Image

GoAP - UX Design Sprint

GoAP is a Warsaw-based startup, the winner of the third edition of ReaktorX, one of the best startup preacceleration programs in  Poland. They connect teenagers exploring their passions with events, instructors and activities.

They came to us for a UX consultancy regarding optimizing their provider onboarding process. We recommended a design sprint as the fastest way to find a better solution. After just three workshops

and five days of work, we provided them with a simplified userflow for the onboarding process, high fidelity mockups, and a clickable prototype.
Packhelp Image

Packhelp

Packhelp is a successful European startup delivering custom packaging all around the continent. They already had an existing app and as an established business. Due to the enormous growth, they couldn't handle all of their development work internally anymore.

We helped them by creating a new module of their system. We started with a workshop to identify business requirements for the new module. After understanding the

details, we discussed technical requirements with Packhelp's CTO.

Together we decided on the system architecture and implementation details. Thanks to our help Packhelp gained an additional workforce and finished a project that they wouldn't have usually even started.

SnowShow Pilot App Image

SnowShow Pilot App

SnowShow is the most significant winter tour provider in Poland, and one of the biggest in Europe. When we started working on their mobile app, we've already been developing their booking system for two years.

Their growth forced them to automate their processes even further. An essential part is logistics during the organized trips. We digitized the work that tour pilots had previously done manually by developing a

mobile app (off-line first with data sync while online).

Thanks to our knowledge of SnowShows's processes the app significantly decreased the time pilots had to spend on managing payments and paperwork. Also, SnowShow's team has real-time data from their tours.

Chilling  Image

Chilling

Chilling is a sister brand of SnowShow. They provide tours to the hottest exotic locations in Europe. To start their new branch, they needed a booking system for summer trips.

We already worked with SnowShow and their business processes. To optimize the work, we started with wireframes to see how much Chilling's booking system will differ from SnowShow's. After that, we knew we'd have to separate Chilling's CMS, but was

able to use SnowsShows's CRM and recommendation system with only a few adjustments to address Chilling's business requirements.

In just two months we delivered a cutting edge booking system that allowed them to earn money on summer trips from day one.

SnowShow Image

SnowShow

SnowShow is the most significant winter tour provider in Poland. When we started our cooperation in the fall of 2015, they had already an existing booking system developed by a freelancer.

We overtook the booking system development, redesigned it the booking journey and Snowshow's website, created a machine-learning based recommendation system and a CMS for the site. Our developers also reduced the overall code

complexity and implemented Continous Integrations, so the system could be easier to maintain and develop new functions.

The new version of SnowShow increased conversion by 20% and sales by 70%. We also managed to make the system much more secure and speed up the development of new features.

Lauber Image

Lauber

Lauber is a subsidiary of Intercars, the most significant car parts dealer in central Europe. They are present on the market since 1994 and chose us as their partner to build their e-commerce platform.

Together with Lauber's project team and stakeholders we defined requirements for the version 1.0. We designed the platform for a particular target group - car part dealers, repair shops and car mechanics.

The

development (React, RoR) involved creating and implementing a process for merging product data from various sources (ETL), payment gate integrations, advanced search engines, comparators. All in multiple languages and currencies for clients all over Europe.

New Product Creation for Telecom Company

“They provide us with really high-grade specialists. They really do their homework.”

Ideamotive helped create a new digital product for a telecom company. They created a client-oriented workflow on a Greenfield platform. The team was comprised of React Native and DevOps engineers.

5,001-10,000 Employees

Dev Ops Manager, Telecom Company

Ideamotive provided a talented and dedicated team, resulting in a strong collaboration so far. Their approach, professionalism, skill, and expertise led to excellent results. They delivered everything in an efficient manner.

I’m a DevOps manager for a telecom company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ideamotive?

We took on an endeavor of delivering a whole new digital product in the market of telco products. The product itself would be groundbreaking. We needed fresh, creative minds and people that could deliver.

It was a great challenge involving creating on a Greenfield platform from the ground up. They helped with the creativity in chiseling the flow and processes to make it as client-oriented as possible.

They provided us with the necessary people. Their skillsets ranged from React Native developers to DevOps engineers.

How did you come to work with Ideamotive?

We were at a crossroads and needed to make a decision about the technology we wanted to create. We were having discussions about what technology to use and we decided on React Native. We started to look for React Native companies that had some experience and excel at it. That’s how we came upon Ideamotive.

We started working together in January 2018 and the work is ongoing.

They provided us with a very able people that worked well. They understood the project. We could see the sacrifice. They were sometimes working 12-16 hours a day to deliver our product and making changes and tweaks. Their approach, professionalism, skill, and knowledge was great.

Having them within the team meant we had a stable partner we could rely upon. They were part of the team and concentrated on the product itself. The productivity of the team was groundbreaking. They whole team molded together and made it happen.

How did Ideamotive perform from a project management standpoint?

We handled the project management from our side. They provided the necessary means for our needs. If there was a problem, I relied upon them to make it happen and they did. There was someone that had to leave for a month and they provided the means for him to work offsite so that the service wouldn’t be disrupted. I relied on them to provide continuous service without any disruptions.

They met my expectations and delivered what I needed. Their efficiency increased in a manner I would expect also. They do things better and faster. They provide us with really high-grade specialists. They really do their homework.

I’m satisfied overall.

Provide them with a description of your vision. It’s crucial in order for them to get hyped about it. Selling the idea is very important.

UI/UX Design & Consultation for Caregiver Matching Platform

“They were there for me one 100%.”

Apr. - Aug. 2020

Ideamotive provided design and consultation services to an online platform that matches caregivers with patients. They revamped the platform’s UI/UX and consulted on business opportunities.

Marta Godlewska
Managing Director, Spectocare

Ideamotive was highly skilled and acted on the client’s needs. They were able to communicate in nontechnical language and offer valuable insights. Despite some delays, the team was flexible and collaborative. Customers can expect a transparent partner that will be invested in their success.

I’m the managing director of Spectocare, an online platform matching caregivers, masseuses, physiotherapists, and nurses with people in need, mostly the elderly and those with disabilities.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ideamotive?

I wanted to make my platform more user friendly and easier to navigate.

Ideamotive reworked the overall UI/UX of my site. They consulted me on possible business opportunities, what to change, and how to make those changes. They explained their recommendations.

I was in direct contact with one of their principals, and I had an account coordinator and a designer assigned to me.

How did you come to work with Ideamotive?

I found them through a recommendation while I was living in New York, possibly through the Polish community. Ideamotive was also the main designer of an educational website I was using. I thought that they might be suitable for my project, and I contacted them.

The cost was £2,500 (approximately $2,900 USD).

I contacted them around late-April 2020, and we had a consultation period of about four weeks. The designer started working around May.

I was supposed to receive the project back in early-June, but the time was extended by two weeks. We had some differences of opinion during July, and I finally received the deliverables and approved them in early-August.

My developer is still working on it, so I don’t have any results yet. Ideamotive was very collaborative and flexible with me, a non-technical person with no experience in online technologies. I wasn’t always able to use the proper professional language, but they understood what my needs were.

Right now, I’m waiting to receive the final project from my developer, which should be within a week or a week and a half. Unfortunately, I haven’t had the chance to give it to anyone to try, so I don’t have any feedback.

How did Ideamotive perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re very skilled, open, and flexible, and I never felt that I was overwhelming them with my worries and ideas. They were always happy to listen and give me a resolution, and I was very impressed by this. I believe they have a bright future ahead of them. They had plenty of ideas and resolutions. I’ve sent them a proposal for another project, and they gave me feedback that was very advanced on the technology side. I have only good things to say about them.

We used Slack for communication, and the project was delivered on Figma.

I’ve made two web platforms so far, and I’ve worked with a few other companies. The most impressive thing about Ideamotive was how open they were. It gave me a feeling of being taken care of. They never seemed bored or set in their own ideas, and they were there for me one 100%.

They delivered the project as if it were the final version of the job, and I felt like I didn’t have a chance to provide my input. It was a bit unexpected. They asked me to make a payment, and if I had other requests, those would require additional payments.

They should be very clear about their expectations and specify subsequent changes as part of the contract.

The project was delayed quite a bit.
    They’re very skilled.

MVP Prototype Creation for Cloud Workplace Startup

"They helped me become acquainted with the basics of development, ensuring that our partnership would work."

May 2019 - Aug. 2019

Ideamotive handled frontend development for a cloud workplace startup's MVP prototype. Because the client had little development experience, the firm helped them set their expectations throughout the process.

Piotr Chomczyk
Founder & CEO, Renderro

The customer credited Ideamotive with helping their startup get off the ground, and was grateful for their clear communication. Ideamotive managed the project well and the customer felt they were on-track throughout the entirety of their involvement despite changes to the project requirements.

I’m a co-founder and the CEO of Renderro, a startup focused on providing a cloud workplace for designers, animators, and filmmakers. The tool enables users to upload work that had previously been done in postproduction studio environments to the cloud. We provide machines with graphic cards, cloud storage, and a project collaboration app as part of a simple, out-of-the-box solution.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ideamotive?

The company was incorporated in April 2019 and originally consisted of only me and my technical co-founder. We didn’t have enough hands to do all the work, so we decided to collaborate with Ideamotive. We wanted to create a prototype that showed the basic concepts of the technology and the system design to aid in conversations with potential customers and investors.

Ideamotive created the frontend of the prototype system, where users could register, log in, and demo all the components. I was a filmmaker previously, so I had little experience with app development. Early on, Ideamotive devoted a lot of time and energy so I could create proper specifications for them. They then helped me translate these specifications into user stories and tasks on Jira.

I worked with their senior UI/UX designer on a few iterations of what the solution should look like. We created three iterations of clickable mockups in InVision which I could test with users.

There was a project manager on Ideamotive’s side, and I also worked directly with their UI/UX designer.

How did you come to work with Ideamotive?

They were highly recommended by my network in Warsaw, were well-known in the microsystem and virtual machine space, and had worked with young entrepreneurs.

We spent between €40,000–€50,000 (approximately $45,158–$56,448 USD).

We worked with Ideamotive between May–August 2019.

Ideamotive helped us get our idea off the ground. We wouldn’t have been able to move forward if we hadn't partnered with them. Their work has had a lot of impact on our business.

How did Ideamotive perform from a project management standpoint?

Ideamotive’s project management process was a mix of scrum and Kanban. There was a project manager in place and the communication was quite clear. Everything was based on well-planned sprints that left little overflow work. Even though we made changes and reprioritized based on customer feedback, I can say with full confidence that we were on schedule with everything.

I was glad that they didn’t exploit the fact that I was totally green in the beginning. They helped me become acquainted with the basics of development, ensuring that our partnership would work. They already had a contract signed and could’ve left me in the dark, but they didn’t.

I can’t think of anything.

Clear communication was extremely helpful to me. I tried to be as honest as possible about my needs and expectations, and I expected the same from them. This approach worked well for me, and I would recommend it to future Ideamotive clients.

I made a comparison with other software houses in the beginning, and Ideamotive seemed to be in the same price range.
    I’d strongly recommend Ideamotive to early-stage companies that lack internal teams and expertise.

Custom Software Dev for Educational App Developer

"Since we brought Ideamotive on, the project has really taken shape."

Dec. 2019 - Ongoing

Ideamotive provides frontend development and design support for an education app developer. They’ve been involved in decision-making and testing design validity as well as producing a production-ready app.

Toronto, Canada
Julian P.
Product Manager & Media Strategist, Luminate Enterprises

The project transformed an idea into an app over six months, impressing the client. Ideamotive delivers high-quality development and suggestions on a regular basis. Consistent communication, flexible resources, and a willingness to meet the client’s needs make for a smooth partnership.

I’m a product manager at Luminate Enterprises. We build education apps.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ideamotive?

We’re building a word processor simplified and specified for essay writing, and we had a ton of frontend development needs that were slowing us down. Specifically, we needed someone to build bad ideas to test their validity and then build a production-level application.

There is a lot of collaboration. The process has been fewer product decisions and more development and programming decisions. Ideamotive also plays a consulting role in design validity. Our requirements have flowed and changed a lot as we’ve gone through the project. There’s a high level of communication between our teams.

We’ve worked with Justyn (React Developer) for 4–5 months. Filip (VP of Sales & Marketing) is one of their managers and was willing to be involved to help make decisions. We’ve also briefly worked with a designer.

How did you come to work with Ideamotive?

We interviewed four development agencies before choosing Ideamotive. In our conversation with Filip, we liked the questions they asked, and they were willing to provide someone who could work in a startup’s collaborative environment. We wanted a company that could work with us and didn’t require us to have everything figured out from the outset.

We spent about $10,000–$15,000 CAD (approximately $7,300–$11,000 USD).

We started at the very end of December 2019 and are still working together.

Since we brought Ideamotive on, the project has really taken shape. It was just an idea at the beginning; now we have a product that we didn’t have in December. Now that we have the stability of an external developer, it gave us more structure and more reason to have a standard development cycle.

How did Ideamotive perform from a project management standpoint?

Justyn has been great. His English is perfect. Since we’re creating a word processor, we needed the copy to be done at a level that requires minimal change. A person on our team wakes up early to work with Justyn for his full workday. He’s also on Slack all the time, so we’re in constant communication with us. He’s very responsive, available, and willing to have meetings whenever.

First, their communication is very good and flexible. Second, they promised to find us the React developer we were looking for, and they were willing to let us test them out on a two-week trial basis. We switched from our first developer to Justyn in that timeframe; Justyn was a better fit for us. Third, they were willing to give us a major discount when COVID-19 hit. Our budget got cut considerably, and they were willing to work with us to make sure our partnership could continue.

It’s really been perfect. We needed to check two boxes — communication and development ability — and they have checked both.

Make sure you find the right developer once you find the right agency. There should be a stipulation that lets you change developers so that you find the right person for your project. Ideamotive has a huge pool of talent. Don’t just settle for someone: find a person who understands your project and has the competencies you need.

Overall Score I don’t really have qualms with them.

Backend Development for Entertainment SaaS Platform

“The attitude that they brought every day made the project incredibly enjoyable to work on and manage.”

Aug. 2019 - Ongoing

Ideamotive delivered Ruby on Rails backend development for components of an entertainment SaaS platform, helping to design, test, and execute architecture to support specific features.

Monica Brady
COO, VUniverse

The work completed by Ideamotive is consistently high quality, satisfying all project stakeholder requirements. Their team is professional, communicative, and dedicated to their work and partners, going above and beyond to make sure the engagement is easy for the clients to manage.

I’m the COO of VUniverse, which is a SaaS platform in the entertainment space that unifies all your movie and TV show discovery across your streaming services. We take your Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Amazon, and other watch histories and put it in one place so that you know what you have to watch and where you can watch it.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ideamotive?

We needed help with a specific element of the development on our platform.

Their team provided Ruby on Rails backend development. Our CPO worked closely with them to come up with ideas for the actual implementation of our requirements for them, and then they returned code and he tested it to make sure that everything was working correctly before moving on to the next element. The collaboration went on like that until the product was complete.

Philip (Account Manager) was excellent to work with because he was always on top of any questions or issues that came up throughout the project. Marek () was our primary developer working with Philip as well.

How did you come to work with Ideamotive?

Our CPO interviewed a lot of different companies, and Ideamotive came out on top because of their experience and the personalities of the people working there.

We spent about $110,000 with them in total.

The project started in August 2019 and is still ongoing.

I don’t have any specific metrics that I can cite, but they have been able to complete everything that we threw at them so far both fast and economically. We have been completely satisfied with the quality of their work in that regard. The product is out in a beta version but is almost ready to be fully launched thanks to the work that they have completed for us.

How did Ideamotive perform from a project management standpoint?

They were absolutely excellent to work with. It was my first experience working with an offshore company, so I was a little bit more reticent at the beginning of the project, but they took away any angst that I might have had about the time difference or any other communication issues.

We use tons of different softwares to communicate and keep track of everything, including Slack, Atlassian, and a variety of other project management tools.

They were coming over to go to South by Southwest, but on their way over they took the time to get off the plane in New York and come meet us. To me, that really was representative of how willing they consistently were to go the extra mile and how much they loved the work with us.

They make the collaboration feel like a partnership rather than a contract. The attitude that they brought every day made the project incredibly enjoyable to work on and manage.

I really can’t think of anything that I wish they were doing differently.

They are the people that they portray themselves to be. You obviously have to look things over, but don’t waste time going back and forth with them on the details. Just talk it out with them and they will be able to accommodate just about any situation you could possibly find yourselves in with them as your partner.

Overall Score It has not been easy because of everything going on in the world, but they have been absolute team players.
    They go above and beyond.
    We could have easily spent twice as much for the same quality.

MVP Software Creation for Adventure Vacation Marketplace

"They took a very progressive approach to our needs."

Feb. 2019 - Ongoing

Ideamotive built a travel marketplace MVP from scratch. Their work included front- and backend development, and UX design. They’ve continued to provide updates and improvements.

Piotr Grabowski
Founder, Travel Duck

As a result of Ideamotive’s work, the client has a functioning online platform that serves their needs. The team was passionate about the client’s work and showed a lot of dedication to the work. Communication was clear, and they had a well-organized workflow.

I’m a co-founder of Travelduck which is an adventure travel marketplace. I’m responsible for the development of our marketplace platform.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ideamotive?

The challenge was to build a marketplace from scratch and to build a great looking MVP within a reasonable budget. We wanted something that looked like topnotch marketplaces with a modern design and had all the necessary backend functionality.

They did development for both front- and backend. They helped us choose the stack for the project, do the proper setup, and handle the infrastructure. Everything from design to the backend and frontend UX was developed by Ideamotive.

I mostly worked with the project manager, but I also sometimes worked directly with the developers.

How did you come to work with Ideamotive?

They worked on a project for a previous company where I was an employee. Now as a co-founder of a new project, I decided to go with them because I had a good experience working with them previously.

We have spent around €100,000 (approximately $111,859.30 USD).

The project started in February 2019, and we’re still working together.

We launched the marketplace in October of 2019. There were no major bugs, and after launching the MVP, we focused on mostly developing new features that were in the backlog. It was working well and serving our needs.

Of course, Covid-19 changed everything, and tourism has stopped for two or three months. We are now focusing more on offers from our local market here in Poland and we are getting back some traction but on a bit of a different product scheme.

How did Ideamotive perform from a project management standpoint?

They have a very well-organized workflow. We mostly used tasking tools, plus a project management platform as well as Slack for communication. Most communication was done through the project manager, but anytime there was a need I could contact the developers directly, or they could contact me. We have weekly stand-ups with the project manager and developers which has been pretty effective.

We were using them full-time and were working with the best project manager I’ve ever worked with. It was a very smooth process with great communication. They took a very progressive approach to our needs. Sometimes they helped us find a solution that was a bit more cost-effective, but didn’t change the performance of the overall design or functionality of the product.

The project manager we were working with was very proactive in terms of helping us build a better product with more features for the same budget. She had a very good attitude towards us as a client, and towards the developers who were working on the project as well as the co-founders of the company. With them, we have had the least amount of problems with communication out of any software house I have ever worked with.

They don’t engage in projects they don’t believe in, and they put the most effort into the projects they believe in. I think they really liked our vision and that is why we decided to choose them. There was a huge alignment and passion for our project. It wasn’t just “we pay, and you do.” They had great engagement with the product because they believe in it. They were excited about Travelduck getting better and getting our first clients. Having those first successes was also a great success for them which I really liked.

We have been working together for years and we developed a great communication scheme. It is hard to say where they can improve because I see huge progress in their approach over all these years. I know many software houses, and this is still my best experience.

Be super open about your budget, your limitations, and who is going to be involved from the client’s perspective because they’re really flexible in the harder moments for businesses. Be open with them and be honest about the project and business goals. We were open about the business goals because they have the skills of delving deeper into your business and trying to understand it in order to provide better solutions. Ideamotive is a trustful partner and the more open you are, the better the results will be.

We were delayed with delivering, not them.
    It is one of the reasons I chose them.
    I recommend them all the time.

Event Management Web Development for Swiss University

“Their team meets tight deadlines, including some that only give them a few hours to do the work.”

Aug. 2019 - Ongoing

Ideamotive developed and currently maintains a website for university events. Working in Ruby on Rails, they've updated the platform and implemented new features as well as built a backend management system.

Lausanne, Switzerland
Sylvain Bernard
Events Manager, Applied Machine Learning Days

The platform has contributed to the partner's growth within the last year. Ideamotive is communicative and participates in daily standups. Their expertise in Rails, flexibility, and ability to meet tight deadlines are hallmarks of their work. They actively handle technical issues and track features.

I’m the events manager of a Swiss university. We organize many events throughout the year.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ideamotive?

We needed developers to work on updating our website as well as implement new requirements and features. Our university had done two previous versions in-house.

Ideamotive redeveloped our entire platform. We provided spec sheets from the first two versions of the website and described our desired structure and features of the database. They developed the backend management system for us, added input, and implemented codes to create the third version of our website.

They used Ruby on Rails to code and deploy the platform to the web. Now that the MVP is finished, Ideamotive is currently developing new features and broadening the scope.

I work directly with the project manager and have direct contact with the web developers as well. The size of the team fluctuates at different times to meet the current need.

How did you come to work with Ideamotive?

I did a call for projects, an audition of sorts, by sending the spec sheets to about 10 different vendors. We felt Ideamotive was the best fit to work with us on the different methods we employ.

We’ve invested 40,000–50,000 CHF (approximately $42,000–$52,000 USD). The MVP was 20,000–25,000 CHF (approximately $21,000–$26,000 USD) and the new platform will be 10,000–20,000 CHF (approximately $11,000–$21,000 USD).

We started working together in September 2019, and our partnership is ongoing.

It’s difficult to provide metrics that result directly from the improvements made. We’ve grown a lot within the last year, doubling the size of our audience. Ideamotive’s work is part of the reason because the website is the face of our events.

How did Ideamotive perform from a project management standpoint?

The process has been the perfect setup for us. We do daily standups to go over the previous day’s and that day’s work. Once a week, I have a call with the project manager and lead developer to go through backlogs and choose the features to work on over the next week.

The project manager does a good job of taking notes during meetings, ensuring developers work on time, tracking all features needed, and handling technical problems. It’s easy to communicate with them. We use several tools including Slack, Jira, email, and more.

We wanted to work in specific technologies, for example, Ruby on Rails. Ideamotive is known for working in Rails. They’re also experienced in this type of project and are flexible, providing a team of developers on short notice and scaling the size as needed. Their team meets tight deadlines, including some that only give them a few hours to do the work.

Due to pressing deadlines, Ideamotive took what we gave them in the beginning and dived straight into the project without much discussion. We discovered that some tools didn’t work as expected and the project wasn’t developing as clearly as we’d hoped. We had to do a QA and iteration of some features that could’ve been done if it had been discussed upfront. The fault lies with us, and with them.

Collaboration and communication are key. Feedback needs to be given frequently to help development go the way you envisioned.

They developed the final product in the exact quality we wanted.

Mobile App Development for Medical Device Technology Firm

"We have strong, fluid communication with them."

Nov. 2019 - Feb. 2020

Ideamotive used React Native to develop an iOS/Android app, while ensuring that the design is accessible for vision-impaired users. Features included a QR scanner, data storage, and data transfers.

11- 50 Employees

Silvia Novak
Product Manager, Entia Ltd.

The app has been released with a limited rollout to trial participants. The design is accessible for many users, making the project a success. Ideamotive was organized and communicative throughout the engagement. As a result, they have a strong partnership.

I work for an organization that works in the healthcare space making medical devices. My role there is a product manager for two of our products.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ideamotive?

Our most recent project was in support of a clinical trial we were running. We required a bespoke mobile application to allow participants in the trial to submit their data.

They provided both design and engineering. We had some pretty clear requirements around functionality, but the team helped us with visual design, execution, and screen prototypes. The app’s key feature was data transfer, so they built functionality that would read QR codes from our system, and was able to capture and store the data from that.

One of the key requirements was having a high-level of accessibility. We were working with an older demographic and with people who have eyesight issues or dexterity issues. So they made it accessible by making it responsive to dynamic type settings, keeping calls to action really clear, reducing clutter on the screen, and things like that. While selecting the color palette, he did a lot of contrast tests, and determined an appropriate type size.

They built the app using React Native, which allowed us to build once and release on both iOS and Android. Then they helped launch the program.

We also worked together on another project in which they included visual graph, data capture of medication use and symptoms.

We had a product owner there as our main point of contact for all of our development work. Then we had one dedicated engineer and a visual designer.

How did you come to work with Ideamotive?

I wasn’t part of the procurement process for the first project. When I came in, they were already an established partner.

This project was budgeted at €14,000 (approximately $15,000 USD).

The project lasted from  November 2019–February 2020.

This smaller project has gone into a limited number of participants’’ hands. So we don’t have the success or engagement statistics that would be associated with a consumer launch. The designer did a lovely piece of work to ensure that it was accessible.

How did Ideamotive perform from a project management standpoint?

The product owner was responsible for organizing our stand-ups, getting the team aligned, translating our documentation and requirements, putting them into Jira, and writing tickets.

We also have a Slack channel, which really helps communication. We can ask questions and get responses immediately, and they can do the same. It feels more integrated and direct, which can be a concern when you’re outsourcing. We have strong, fluid communication with them.

We’ve established a really good relationship. They’ve given us the information on how things are going internally. We always know what they’re working on, what needs to be improved, and what they need from us. They’re very responsive, and I’ve never had to wait to hear from them. They actively seek feedback and have processes for that in place.

After our first project, we asked them to be more involved in QA. They took some feedback from our last project and took on more of the initial QA on this project. By the time it got to us, we were able to do the business acceptance testing rather than the QA, which was super helpful.

Clear and regular communication is important for all remote work. We had a good kickoff in the beginning. We walked through all of our user journeys, talked through it in detail with the designer, the engineer, and the product manager. That really helped to make sure that everyone was on the same page when we started.

Web & Software Dev for Custom Packaging Company

"They’ve never failed, and we don’t have any problems with them."

2016 - Ongoing

Ideamotive supports front-and backend development. They've coded a web app, mostly working with Ruby on Rails. The team has also built back-office software and an invoicing system.

Poland
CTO, Packaging Company

The vendor reliably produces high-quality work. It's been a positive partnership supported by Ideamotive's collaborative approach. They excel at working with Agile Methodology.

We’re a startup based in Warsaw selling custom packaging. I’m a co-founder and the CTO of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Ideamotive?

We mainly went to them for outsourcing. We were developing a parcel application.

They’re essentially a part of our team, and we work on projects together. We gave them specifications and designs, and they coded the web app for us. They mainly worked on the Ruby on Rails backend, and they created some React scripts on the frontend.

Recently, they were upgrading some of our core backend components to the current Ruby on Rails version. They also built some back-office software for our internal production process and affiliations. In addition, they developed our invoicing system.

I believe there were 1–3 people working on this project.

We’ve invested $150,000.

We started working with Ideamotive 2–3 years ago at the start of our company. We’ve had some breaks, but we’ve continued developing with them over the last year.

We don’t have KPIs involved in the projects. We build software in an agile way through sprints and iterations.

How did Ideamotive perform from a project management standpoint?

We collaborate with them to handle project management.

They provide good, steady work, and I can trust them. They’ve never failed, and we don’t have any problems with them.

I don’t have any improvement tips for them because they don’t handle project management tasks on their own. They’re a part of our team.

Overall Score I really have no problems.
    They had a project with a very tight deadline this year, and they met it.
    We have great terms, compared with other companies, and we’ve been working with them for a long time.
    Everything’s working fine, and I have no problems.
    I recommend them all the time.

Web App Dev for Video Company

"They were very responsive and always ready to answer all my questions."

May - July 2019

Ideamotive provided Ruby on Rails development for a video company. They integrated an external automation service for the client.

Marek Rycerski
Project Manager, 10Clouds

Ideamotive successfully provided clean code without any issues. They delivered the project on-time and with high quality. Their team was responsive, professional, and communicative.

I’m the Project Manager at a software house called 10Clouds. We’re based in Poland and we do software development for our clients from all over the world.

For what projects/services did your company hire Ideamotive?

We decided to approach Ideamotive for out project because we didn't have internal capabilities to implement required functionalities as we needed Ruby on Rails developer.

We had the rebuild a crucial part of the product for a company with an existing product to provide high-quality value to the users.

Our relationship with Ideamotive has started long before the project and since then we are connected by helping each other win delivering projects.

The scope was to build integration with an external service for a company from the video industry. The solution was design to automate a very important process of sending video files to distribution partners which helps to reduce manual work.

Ideamotive assigned one backend developer to the project.

The programmer provided everything he was asked for with clean code and without bugs. Everything was delivered quickly within the timeline and high quality. All that allowed us to make a huge step forward in terms of product development.

They were very responsive and always ready to answer all my questions. The communication was on a top-level both from the management side but as well as with the assigned developer who was very professional.

The professionalism of the people we’ve worked with. They provided high-quality solutions with no issues during the process which was crucial for the product back then.

Nothing, the scope was too small and cooperation took only few months.

SILVER VERIFIED