Marketing Agency Known for Custom Web Design

Gold

Idea Marketing Group offers award winning web design and development with effective marketing strategies to clients all over the world. Our team listens to your needs to produce a creative strategy and deliver goal-driven results. In a digitally connected market, you need an experienced web design company that respects your urgency and drive to win.

We work closely with you to get results by navigating through your web development needs, working to deliver competitive search results, and delivering more quality leads through content marketing.

Yorkville, IL
  • 46 Saravanos Dr
    Yorkville, IL 60560

American Board of Medical Specialties, Northwestern University, Northeastern University, Phil Stefani Signature Restaurants, Rosebud Restaurants, Here's Chicago, The Patio Restaurant Group, Ventus at Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort, Company House Hotel, Bear Necessities Pediatric Cancer Foundation, The Compassionate Friends Nonprofit Organization, The Crystal Gardens on Navy Pier, Bridgford Foods, The Patio Food Group, Zepole Restaurant Supply, CBC Specialty Beverage

Ventus at Marina El Cid Website Image

Ventus at Marina El Cid Website

The El Cid Resorts family partnered with Idea Marketing Group to design a new WordPress website for the Ventus at Marina El Cid beach resort. We designed the website to be mobile-friendly and SEO strong, which will help increase its visibility and allow online searchers to find the resort faster and easier. Being built on the WordPress platform also allows staff to make changes and updates as needed.

Custom booking

widget

Exotic resorts like Ventus at Marina El Cid provide an experience in person that begins online. For their new website, we highlighted a booking search function on each page. By positioning this feature as the primary call-to-action, site users can quickly and easily take action.

Luxurious guest experience

Every moment spent on the Ventus at Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort website is awash in luxury. From the beautiful images to the minimalist text, maximized by white space, users flow through the Ventus website relaxed and engaged in the environment it creates.

Dedicated Spanish website

For a global website like Ventus at Marina El Cid, it was very important to communicate all relevant information in both English and Spanish. So, we implemented a fully translated version of the new site that duplicated all content for Spanish-speaking visitors.

Plainfield Park District Website Image

Plainfield Park District Website

The Plainfield Park District partnered with Idea Marketing Group to create an easy to navigate website that would help users find important information quickly and easily. Unlike their old website, the new site is user-friendly and visually dynamic. It is also easy to access on mobile devices and tablets. Because it’s built on the WordPress platform, it allows Park District staff to quickly update events, program information,

and more. Like all of our websites, the new Plainfield Park District website is SEO strong, meaning it will rank well in search engines such as Google and Bing.

Highlight services and information

The Plainfield Park District wanted to offer users relevant information about their services and programs while making their website easy to use. We designed their custom WordPress site with the flexibility and functionality to be updated regularly while maintaining brand consistency.

Showcase quality and technology

Community members know Plainfield Park District is dedicated to quality programs and service. We built a website that reflects that mission and incorporates technology to help users find the information they need, then quickly register and pay online.

Custom map of facilities

The Plainfield Park District manages 91 parks that include 64 playgrounds for more than 100,000 people. So, when we built their website, it was important to include a custom, interactive map showing users each facility’s location and unique features.

Rosebud Restaurants Website Image

Rosebud Restaurants Website

Rosebud Restaurants hired Idea Marketing Group to create a dynamic web presence that highlights each of the company’s individual locations. The website was part of an ongoing marketing strategy implemented to raise awareness for their brand. The blog section allows for new and original content to be added to the website that educates guests about upcoming promotions and events. We also managed a robust social

media presence for the brand and integrated it into the website to maintain customer engagement. Lastly, we were asked to keep the brand top-of-mind with email marketing campaigns delivered directly to their customers’ inbox.

Showcase multiple restaurant brands under one umbrella

The Rosebud restaurant group includes nine individual restaurants, each providing a unique experience. To tie together each location’s identity on the Rosebud website, we focused on high-quality images of the outstanding food as well as each on-site environment.

An e-commerce platform for popular desserts

In addition to the steak, pasta, and seafood Rosebud restaurants are famous for, the company also has a bake shop that offers an assortment of high-quality cakes, cannolis, cookies, and pie. With an e-commerce platform installed on its website, Rosebud can now sell these items online.

Stanton Interior Concepts Website Image

Stanton Interior Concepts Website

Stanton Interior Concepts tasked Idea Marketing Group with creating a visually stunning website conveying a vision of innovation, luxury, identity, and sustainability. The custom WordPress website we built mirrors that image and design style. The site features a dynamic project gallery, allowing Stanton to highlight some of its best work.

Gallery for sales presentations

Interior design is extremely visual,

so we built the Stanton Interior Concepts website to showcase a number of high-quality images that fill the user’s screen while minimizing written copy. We also provided a gallery intended to be used on mobile devices during sales presentations.

Easily rotate projects in WordPress

Stanton Interior Concepts has a wide variety of beautiful project images to share with potential clients. From time to time, the company wanted to rotate projects to provide a fresh appearance for return visitors. We made this possible through the backend of their custom WordPress site.

Web Dev and Digital Marketing for Logo Company

"They truly want to dig deep into the soul of your business and know about your values and what's important."

Oct. 2009 - Ongoing

Idea Marketing Group, Inc. designed and optimized a website for a promotional products and apparel company. Their team runs a comprehensive SEO campaign while also maintaining the brand's online presence.

Oswego, Illinois
Don Forsell
President, Show Your Logo

The site has a robust digital presence and ranks higher in Google Searches. Idea Marketing Group, Inc. has spent the last decade producing quality work. Communicative and professional, customers can expect fast responses and technical expertise.

We are a distributor of custom printed promotional products and logo apparel. We started with one guy in a basement office and are now one of the top 10% of distributors in the country. I was the first guy in the basement in 1999. Paperwork says I'm the President.

For what projects/services did your company hire Idea Marketing Group, Inc.?

We built a website that ranked well on search engines before Google formally existed. We held on for a long time, but the algorithms and technology changed much faster than we could. Idea Marketing Group took over for us and allowed us to focus on our business instead of the demands of Google's algorithm.

Maintain our online advantages over the other 60,000 distributors in our industry by ranking higher in natural search results. Then, it expanded beyond SEO into creating, updating, and maintaining an online presence beyond the website and across the spectrum of social media and other outlets.

I met Darren as a web developer before he branched out and started Idea Marketing Group. He was and still is one of those individuals that would work through the night to figure out the best solution to a challenge. His dedication reflects in everyone I've met at Idea Marketing Group. Darren surrounded himself with the right people. Genius.

My entire business was built on the back of an exceptionally well performing website.  Idea Marketing Group has designed, polished, optimized, redesigned, marketed, and managed our expanding online presence for the past decade.

Over the years, we worked primarily with with Darren and the front-end developer Len with his magic touch.  We have been paired with Holly to manage our account and she has been a joy to work with. Steven and Bill have also contributed greatly to our strategy conversations.

They built my online business, literally, and now I have a really nice boat.

Goals are clearly defined and discussed in advance. Communication was tremendous.  Fast responses, often when you don't expect others to be working, like late hours.

The questions they ask. They truly want to dig deep into the soul of your business and know about your values and what's important.  They care about your unique brand.

We should have lunch once in a while. We say it, but we all work too hard and don't make it happen.

Overall Score I'll repeat my quote from above: They built my online business, literally, and now I have a really nice boat.
    See comments above
    I owe them.
    See comments above
    Let's not limit this to friends. I would fight my mother if she needed their services and didn't use them.

Multiple Web Design Projects for Consumer Products Company

"I found their culture and beliefs to be the best part. Idea Marketing is built with people that you want to work with."

Jan. 2010 - Ongoing

Throughout the years, Idea Marketing Group, Inc. has supported several web design projects. They've done a full WordPress redesign, going through branding iterations, and will soon start a marketing campaign.

Morton Grove, Illinois
Vimal Prajapati
CEO & Co-Founder, P3 Global

The internal team is proud of the new site, and external stakeholders commend the revamped look and improved usability. Reliable and adaptive, Idea Marketing Group, Inc. is dedicated to receiving client input. Their strong rapport with the in-house staff has helped cement the long-term relationship.

I am the co-founder and CEO of a consumer products company. We work with locally owned businesses, providing them impulse products for resale. We also have a division of our company that provides fulfillment services for growing e-commerce brands.

For what projects/services did your company hire Idea Marketing Group, Inc.?

We wanted to refresh our web presence and branding, and needed someone that was able to understand the challenges of our customer base.

We wanted a clean, simple, up-to date website that was user friendly. We wanted a classic look and feel to the site, and something that would be professionally done on time and on budget.

We've worked with Idea Marketing Group for years, and on several different projects. We've been consistently happy with their work and the professionalism of their team. It feels like they are truly an extension of ours.

We did a full site redesign using Wordpress, and will be working with Idea on a Marketing campaign as well. I liked the process of working with them, as we started with design iterations where I got to see our branding come to life. After we agreed on look and feel, they began coding, and allowing me to see the site grow every step of the way. I appreciated that they never pressured me with timeline, and were always eager to get my feedback. They were ready to work as quick as I was, which was nice.

I worked closely with our project manager and designer initially. They have quite a few folks on their staff that jump in and out of the relationship depending on the stage of the project, but it was nice having one point of contact to work with throughout the process. Towards the end of the project, they provided us an overview of the backend of the Wordpress system-- some of it is pretty basic, but it's nice that they don't overlook the small stuff and don't take anything for granted.

It's nice to hear positive feedback from our customers and vendors, about the sites usability and flow, as well as the look of the site overall. Both existing customers and new prospects consistently talk about how great our site looks. Makes me feel great hearing that feedback-- a website is something that I wanted to be proud of and not hide behind. After all, it's the first interaction most people have with a company.

Having one point of contact on both sides seemed to help. I could imagine things getting hectic if there were multiple people involved in the conversation daily-- so I made it a point to be point person on my team. They had their project manager coordinate theirs.

I found their culture and beliefs to be the best part. Idea Marketing is built with people that you want to work with. It's nice knowing that when I handed off a task or provided feedback, generally, the outcome/result would be what I wanted. And when I saw things going down a path that I didn't like, they didn't have an ego and try to sway me another way. They listen-- which was awesome.

I'm sure there are things that everyone can improve, but I've always enjoyed working with the folks at Idea. No real complaints here-- if I had them, I wouldn't have referred them to as many clients as I do.

Website Update & Ongoing SEO Management

“They seem to be the only company out there that took the time to learn our industry.”

2017 - Ongoing

Idea Marketing Group provided a full WordPress overhaul. They do SEO, e-mail campaigns, and blog-writing; create city-specific location pages; and provide secure data backups.

Skokie, Illinoise
Benjamin Palmer
President, Expressive Structures

The team’s efforts yield phenomenal results, ranging from increased site traffic to more event bookings. Their project management process is seamless and adaptive to circumstances. Idea Marketing Group's exhaustive knowledge on the event industry is what sets them apart from other agencies.

I’m the owner of Expressive Structures, a corporate scenery company that uses modular systems. We transform event spaces for shareholder meetings, investor meetings, financial analyst meetings, and internal awards ceremonies.

What challenge were you trying to address with Idea Marketing Group?

Our initial challenges were to update our website, make it more accessible on mobile devices, and try to drive more leads and applications to our newsletter, through the website.

After we achieved those goals, we sought after their SEO feature to start driving traffic to the site.

We deal with the end client, but we’re dealing with one-layer back, as well, with project managers, audiovisual companies, and producers. A big challenge was to explain our offerings to them on a product basis, but also provide a solution-based presentation to everyone. We have a lot of technical information on the site, but we also needed to do it in a way that wasn’t overwhelming.

They created a brand-new WordPress site for us. The backend is built in a very organized way, which we like. We can go in and alter content whenever we need to. They also provided a lot of great ideas on how to handle our site’s navigation; they came up with this really great idea of doing accordions on the site for details about a product, without overloading a visitor.

In terms of SEO, the team works on our organic search results and manages our email on MailChimp, which also runs our email marketing campaigns. They create location pages for a lot of the major cities that we visit. Originally, we aimed our SEO efforts at different market segments; over time we realized it's better to aim it at different groups of people we serve within the market. Now, we’re able to evolve the site in the background, instead of letting things get outdated, like in the past.

Additionally, we do one blog every month, and they’ve been writing most of those for us. Finally, they handle the backups and security for our site. We run our domain through them, and we have backups in three different cities, so we don’t have to worry about a web hack situation.

During the website building process, we had 3-4 people working on the project. Now, we have just one point of contact that handles the blogging content. He also works with other team members in the company for SEO elements. We can always reach out to the owner if that person is ever unavailable.

How did you come to work with Idea Marketing Group?

I work in the event industry, and I go to a lot of networking meetings; I’ve never met any website people who specialize in the events industry. They seem to be the only company out there that took the time to learn our industry. They’ve also worked with a few other events companies that I’m familiar with.

We’ve invested $10,000–$25,000 in total so far.

We began working together in 2017 and our engagement is ongoing.

I’ve seen us come up on the first page, if you search “rental scenic walls in Chicago”, which is important because there’s a large contingent of professionals that prefer to get things in the city they’re coming to. I also noticed we started getting forms filled out, for both our newsletter and our questions form, which never used to happen with our past website. I can directly tie the number of people who fill out the forms to shows that we’ve won. It’s definitely generating specific contacts who are actually looking for our service.

How did Idea Marketing Group perform from a project management standpoint?

They have a fantastic process. They take something that’s overwhelming and they have a defined process on what the expectations are, within each stage. They’re very good at helping keep the projects focused; if at some point, during one of their steps, things look like they’re taking a new direction, they’re very good about noting that and making those changes to ensure the overall agreement.

I think their knowledge and understanding of the event industry is quite good. I also think they have great writers; we didn’t really have a voice for our blog, and with their help, we were able to narrow down the voice we’re trying to convey.

Since most of our sales are made via phone, email, and text, we like how easy it is to communicate to our prospective clients and refer them to the links on our site or walk them through different aspects of our offerings to get their questions answered efficiently.

No, not really. From my end, they’re doing everything they’re supposed to do.

If you can write down on paper what you’re trying to achieve, it’ll help you get to the desired end result.

If there was ever any hold up, it was on our end.
    I’d recommend them in a heartbeat.

Wordpress Design and Digital Marketing for Nonprofit

"Idea Marketing Group’s personalized approach and willingness to train our team stood out."

July 2018 - Ongoing

Idea Marketing Group redesigned a WordPress website to enhance its look. They focused on emphasizing services in the design and layout. Their team now provides marketing services.

Palatine, Illinois
Cassie Khurana
Outreach Coordinator, St. Mary's Service

The internal response of the website has been positive. Idea Marketing Group’s instruction empowered their internal team’s methods of production. Their team is responsive and in tune with the client’s needs. They also remain open to feedback.

I’m the outreach coordinator at St. Mary’s Service. We’re a non-profit adoption agency and counseling center for women. I also work with technical support for the agency.

What challenge were you trying to address with Idea Marketing Group?

We needed a website redesign. Our team wanted to freshen up our look.

Idea Marketing Group created a customized WordPress theme with a striking backend. Our team provided them with a sitemap and content. They did give us suggestions, but let us lead the way. I have experience with WordPress, but their team made it so simple that anybody on my team can work on the website.

As for design, we loved their main website designs and looked through other pages they’ve worked on. Going off that, we discussed what we liked. The way Idea Marketing Group set up the website was different than our previous. Their team found a way to incorporate all our services in a balanced way versus focusing one.

Now, they’re doing Google advertisements for us to drive traffic. Their team set everything up for us and helped us get in the right direction to update our website with fresh content.

Our primary contacts are Beka (Project Manager, Idea Marketing Group), Shannon (Business Development Manager, Idea Marketing Group), and Darren (Creative Marketing Leader, Idea Marketing Group). We worked with an all-female design team.

How did you come to work with Idea Marketing Group?

We did an online search of local companies then interviewed a few who were experienced in non-profits. Idea Marketing Group’s personalized approach and willingness to train our team stood out.

We’ve spent around $12,000.

The work started in July 2018 and is ongoing.

Since the website is new, it is still gaining traction. Our board of directors did comment on how much they liked it. That’s a huge deal. We’ve gotten great initial feedback from our employees.

I spearheaded this process, and everyone seems to be happy with it, so that is wonderful for me.

How did Idea Marketing Group perform from a project management standpoint?

Our team is expressive and passionate, and Idea Marketing Group was able to get an idea for what we wanted based on our personalities. Beka was quick to respond to any requests, and Shannon communicated our mission exceptionally well. Darren helps with the advertising aspect and is receptive in understanding what our agency is trying to achieve out of our advertisements.

We communicate through email and usually get a response within the same day, if not, within the hour. InVision helped us view the website at our office, so we could make comments and give feedback.

I loved that they were willing to teach us the process so that we wouldn’t be dependent on them. The project came from more of a customer service standpoint than sales. Our team appreciated that.

Nothing really, I wish the timeline would’ve been quicker, but I know that’s within industry standards.

Communication is number one. If we needed anything, we would always get a reply the same day. Communicating with their team is the biggest thing, and I think people tend to forget about that side of it.

Web Design & SEO for Audio Visual Company

“The platform is everything we were hoping to achieve with Idea Marketing Group.”

Nov. 2017 - Ongoing

Idea Marketing Group designed and developed a website based on WordPress. The look and feel reflect in-depth research about the company. They use SEO to get more conversions and are starting Google AdWords.

Or Israel
President, ATD Audio Visual

Idea Marketing Group delivered a website that reflects the highest industry standards for its design and functional capabilities. Reliable, trustworthy, and honest, the team put results first and was committed to customer satisfaction.

I’m the president at ATD Audio Visual. We provide audio visual services in New York City.

What challenge were you trying to address with Idea Marketing Group, Inc.?

Our company had transitioned from being mainly a rental house to more of a service provider. We wanted to rebrand the website, the company, and streamline the checkout process.

Idea Marketing Group helped us build a WordPress website that will increase conversions using SEO. They based the design on extensive research we conducted together. They learned about our company in depth before starting. Currently, they’re hosting our site. The team’s copywriters wrote content to add.  We’re going to start working on Google AdWords soon.

We are in contact with Beka (Project Manager, Idea Marketing Group, Inc.) and Dan (Frontend Developer, Idea Marketing Group, Inc.) on a daily basis. Shannon (Business Development Manager, Idea Marketing Group, Inc.) started off the process and passed it onto Beka.

How did you come to work with Idea Marketing Group, Inc.?

I found them through another website they had designed. We liked their work.

We’ve spent $11,000 so far.

We started working together in November 2017, and the work is ongoing.

Our website is at the top of our industry right now regarding appearance and functionality. The platform is everything we were hoping to achieve with Idea Marketing Group. They’ve over-delivered in every aspect. We’re pleased with their work.

How did Idea Marketing Group, Inc. perform from a project management standpoint?

Idea Marketing Group performed very well with project management. We use phone and email to communicate. They use an external website to show the design and comments.

Idea Marketing Group stuck to their word. We paid what we agreed to, even when they had to make changes. The cost was never the main concern for them. Instead, they prioritized the experience and what they delivered.

Define the scope of work ahead of time. In our case, we made everything very clear about what we expected them to deliver. Make sure the design you approve is the design that you want.

Web Dev & Marketing for Parks & Recreation Org

"They're an incredibly talented group of people and they were wonderful in creating our website."

Apr. 2017 - Ongoing

Idea Marketing Group developed and designed a website to boost overall functionality and design. They host the site, and also provided training for staff on how to use the backend.

Plainfield, Illinois
Marketing Manager, Plainfield Park District

Communicating clearly from the start, Idea Marketing Group’s expert team inspired confidence throughout the project. The team’s quality deliverables set them up for an ongoing engagement. They also bring creative ideas of their own to the table at a reasonable value.

I am the marketing manager at Plainfield Park District. We bring recreation services to over 100,000 people in Plainfield, Illinois.

What challenge were you trying to address with Idea Marketing Group?

We wanted to make our website user-friendly for our patrons who range anywhere from grade school all the way to retirees and beyond. It also needed to be easy our staff to update on the backend.

They completely redeveloped the website. We took down our old site to start fresh with Idea. They provided their opinions about the best platform to use and the best layout. They learned about the quirks of the parks and rec space and the rules that we have to abide by. They presented a plan for how to best go forward in publishing information to the public. They simplified the backend and provided training on how to use it for our staff. They’ve provided us a way to make changes to the site from wherever instead of having to be in the office at a computer station. They're also hosting the site.

I have one main contact, but also occasionally work with the owner and other account representatives.

How did you come to work with Idea Marketing Group?

We did a request for quotes and had approximately 13 companies reply. We narrowed it down to three and brought them in for interviews. A key selling point was they showed us the before and after of a large website project they were working on. They seemed very personable, which is important because we plan on this being an ongoing relationship. Idea was the only company that asked us what we wanted and didn’t just focus on what they've done.

We’ve spent $20,000.

Work started in April 2017. The website launched about six weeks ago. They continue to help us update the site and provide ongoing maintenance.

They helped us set up Google Analytics. We don’t have them yet but soon we’ll be able to get insights into our website and be able to report that back to our board. We like the way our site looks and we have received a lot of compliments so far both internally and externally.

How did Idea Marketing Group perform from a project management standpoint?

Their team is great. We never had any issues. We primarily communicated via phone and email, with the occasional in-person meeting. We’ve been to their office a few times, and they came to us to do website training.

They're very personable. They have a positive attitude. They're an incredibly talented group of people and they were wonderful in creating our website. They've been very helpful and patient with our staff. They've helped us navigate the whole project, and provided good feedback when we've asked for their opinion.

No, they're just really great to work with.

Have trust in who you're hiring because they’re incredibly talented. They will help you get to where you want to be.

Overall Score We’re really happy with the engagement.
    Never any issues with deadlines.
    They’re in line with their competitors.
    Their deliverables are fantastic, and their training was really good.
    I have already recommended them.

Branding & Marketing for Full-Service Engineering Firm

“Our online performance for one day now outperforms what our performance was for a whole month prior to the launch.”

July 2017 - Ongoing

Idea updated the branding and design of a website, incorporating mobile-friendly features and content. They also designed supplementary marketing materials as needed (e.g., brochures, business cards).

Plainfield, Illinois
Colton Anderson
VP of Operations, ABM

Idea's updates to the website significantly improved web traffic and Google search rankings. Timely and transparent in their approach, working with their team was a breeze. They quickly learned industry information to deliver top-quality work at a reasonable rate.

I'm the VP of operations at ABM, a full-service engineering firm that specializes in the food and beverage and chemical industries.

What challenge were you trying to address with Idea Marketing Group?

We had an outdated website that was not mobile-friendly, so we were in the market for a vendor that could update and modernize the design.

Idea helped us rebrand most of our website, providing the designs and updates to the site to make it mobile-friendly. They also incorporated SEO and designed a brochure and other marketing materials as needed.

I was assigned a project manager as my main point of contact. Others working on our project included a sales manager, graphic designer, developer, and content creator.

How did you come to work with Idea Marketing Group?

I found Idea through an online search for various design firms. I ultimately chose Idea, because they seemed to have the best website compared to their competitors. After meeting with their sales manager, I appreciated how open and transparent she was about their approach, taking the time to educate me on why certain things needed to be done in a certain way.

We've invested about $8,000 thus far.

We started working together in July 2017 and the website launched in March 2018. We expect to be picking up more work with them pretty soon.

Within a couple days of launching the website, our business was showing up on Google under broad search terms for the first time. Our rankings and web traffic have significantly improved thanks to Idea's updates to our website. Our online performance for one day now outperforms what our performance was for a whole month prior to the launch.

How did Idea Marketing Group perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very reasonable with timelines and responded almost immediately whenever I reached out.

They're open and transparent—they basically told me how to redesign the website ourselves. It also didn't take them long to understand our industry, so they were able to write content and choose photos for our website in line with our work.

I can't think of anything.

Their area of expertise is in marketing and web design, so understanding your industry may take some time. Be willing to help them and give them as much information as you can upfront, so they can make something great with it.

Overall Score They were fun to work with and made the whole process very easy.
    They turned everything around quickly.
    The value of our product far outweighs its overall cost.
    Their designs were pretty much always right on the first try.
    Working them was painless and their costs are very reasonable.

Website Renovation for Business Events Company

"They’ve engendered our trust."

Nov. 2015 - Dec. 2016

Idea Marketing Group fully renovated a business event website to include a more professional UX/UI. The team provided extensive designs, modernized coding, and maintenance training for revenue growth.

Orlando, Florida
Manager, Events Company

Since the site’s relaunch, the number of visitors has tripled, and dozens of new leads have presented. Idea Marketing Group’s responsiveness, reasonable price point, and focus on fast load times contributed to a positive partnership.

Our firm is an event services company that works entirely on behalf of businesses and business-related associations, providing excellent speakers who will achieve our clients' event objectives. I manage our digital marketing efforts.

What challenge were you trying to address with Idea Marketing Group?

We had an existing website that we wanted to renovate to attract new customers and grow our business. We wanted our renovated website to deliver relevant information about top speakers to our clients and act as a "self-serve" means for clients to search for speakers who fit their event needs. Our target metrics included improved customer satisfaction, revenue growth, and business process improvement.

Idea Marketing Group took our input, crafted and refined a design based on our feedback, coded the entire site, and trained us on how to manage its upkeep. The site we had was over 10 years old, and the coding was on the verge of losing all support. Idea Marketing Group took a bit of what was there and asked for our input to help us craft something on WordPress that works for the 21st century.

All the features we wanted were incorporated into the new site. They did a nice job creating search mechanisms and profile pages featuring speaker information. They also created forms to capture new leads, and that’s been an efficient and helpful functionality for us compared to our prior site.

My initial conversation was with the president of the firm. Then I primarily worked with a team of 3: a project manager, a designer and a developer. At one point, more members of their team were working together to get it rolled out. After the launch, we added some additional improvements. For those projects, I worked with the president of the company and the same developer.

How did you come to work with Idea Marketing Group?

We looked at 5–7 providers and did various speed tests on the agencies’ sites and their clients’ sites to find out if anything was lacking in the build. Many of them had heavy images, slow loading times related to how things weren’t compressed, and various other impediments to our customers. After comparing quality of work and price, we narrowed the field to 2 options.

We chose Idea Marketing Group for multiple reasons: their understanding of the events industry, consistent excellence and fast load times on their websites, and competitive pricing.

How much have you invested with Idea Marketing Group?

We spent between $15,000 and $30,000.

The project - not including a few post-launch additions - lasted just over a year, in part because of an internal delay.  We are continuing to work with them for WordPress platform and any other technical updates.

Our overall website traffic has over tripled. The time to implement content updates has decreased significantly. Employees and customers are both satisfied with the results, and the site has generated dozens of new leads. We are very satisfied.

How did Idea Marketing Group perform from a project management standpoint?

We had a project manager who would loop in the appropriate person (design or development) to work on crafting the site based on our vision and input. We started with an initial survey questionnaire about the design style, content, and various functionalities. They drew up a draft, and we went through a few rounds until we landed on a layout that worked for our business. Clarifying our vision internally, then communicating it, took time of course. Idea did a good job staying in touch regularly through email and phone calls. The only delays were when they had an understandable time crunch when rolling out another client's website.

In regards to project expectations, I am the type of client who is particularly invested in the details. There were a few things I was hoping for that didn’t translate into the development. That was due in part to our own time crunch; our old site was losing support, and we were at risk of being completely shut down. Idea Marketing Group cranked out our new site which worked well, and we made tweaks after the fact.

Even with the post-launch projects, the president of the company will respond within a day. That level of customer service has engendered our trust.

What did you find most impressive about Idea Marketing Group?

Idea Marketing Group is smart, insightful, and talented in what they do. They were patient and provided helpful feedback when we were crafting the design strategy, and when we hit crunch time, they went all-hands-on-deck to get our site launched.

Are there any areas Idea Marketing Group could improve?

A deep-dive strategy conversation at the beginning would have been welcome and would have saved time spent mid-process defining and refining the website vision. The people at Idea Marketing are experts, and I think they could charge more to add on strategy development for customers who need the extra assistance. That said, they’ve given great advice on the user flow and layout questions we’ve had along the way, so my critique is a little nit-picky.

Overall, we would hire them again. They build smart, user-friendly websites with fantastic SEO [search engine optimization] at a good price.

We got a great website at a competitive cost.
    Our site is user-friendly, cost-effective, and smartly built.

Web Dev & Marketing for Chimney Sweep Company

"We are really happy with the website ... They exceeded my expectations."

2010 - Ongoing

Idea Marketing Group built a website from scratch for a chimney sweep company. They also took on the companies digital marketing efforts, which included SEO, PPC, and Google Adwords.

11–50 Employees

Yorkville, Illinois
Terry Dearborn
Founder, Valley Chimney Sweep

The client receives daily inquiries directly from their website, which is a major improvement from their previous site. Due to Idea Marketing's efficient online advertising work, the client has been able to increase their hiring from using one truck to employing three vans.

Valley Chimney Sweep is a small chimney service company that has been in business for 39 years. I’m the founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with Idea Marketing Group?

Our existing website was just a basic website created by an employee’s wife, so we needed to build a new website.

Idea Marketing built a new website from scratch. The new site is interactive. We post client reviews and before and after chimney pictures. Because of the work they did on the website, we hired Idea Marketing to manage our marketing and online presence including search engine optimization, pay-per-click, and Google AdWords. I am not a technical person and I loved that they were the expert on the internet and I could concentrate on chimneys.

How did you come to work with Idea Marketing Group?

Idea Marketing was referred to us from a friend. I called several other agencies but didn’t get a response back. When I contacted Idea Marketing, it so happened that they were moving the business closer to where my company is located, so everything worked out well.

How much have you invested with Idea Marketing Group?

My budget is $1,000 a month. I was spending $2,700 a month with Yellow Page advertising 10 years ago, so this was a big saving for us.

We started working with them in 2010, and the work is ongoing.

We are really happy with the website. We were getting very little web response and now we’re getting one web response a day. We have a lot of page views and clicks to call us directly. It’s been phenomenal as far as we’re concerned. I haven’t had any issues with the site. We have gotten a lot of positive feedback about it. Client reviews of our company have helped us go from having one truck to having three vans now.

How did Idea Marketing Group perform from a project management standpoint?

They exceeded my expectations.

What did you find most impressive about Idea Marketing Group?

I call them with an idea and a couple of days later, it shows up on our site. The site is so much better than what we used to have, and I’m very pleased.

Are there any areas Idea Marketing Group could improve?

No. I haven’t seen something on somebody else’s site that I like more than ours.

Overall Score I’m very pleased.
    I have already referred them.

Web Design for Youth Development Organization

"Idea Marketing Group is very hands-on and listens to our requests, doing their best to deliver."

Mar. 2014 - Ongoing

A non-profit organization hired Idea Marketing Group to build their new website. They focused on making it aesthetically pleasing and responsive on mobile devices.

Maliha Sadiq
Communications Director, Mikva Challenge

Idea Marketing Group made a great impression and delivered a polished, functional website. The agency was successful in receiving and learning from feedback. Although the website’s first iteration was lacking in quality, the team earned praise for their final delivery and communication.

We are a nonprofit organization based in Chicago. We work mainly with young high school students in the area, with the mission of involving young people in specific engagement opportunities. We achieve this by working with teachers in schools and by doing direct development work through our citywide youth and leadership councils. The work starts out as an off-school program. We also run direct political campaigns involving young people, but we are nonpartisan. We serve around 6,000 young people, and we're expanding to Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles.

I am the communications director.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Idea Marketing Group?

Our website was very old and not mobile-friendly. We couldn't update its content ourselves, instead relying on the people with whom we worked. It also didn't look good and did not bring out the energy of what we represented.

We hired Idea Marketing Group in order to build a new website.

How did you come to work with Idea Marketing Group?

We didn't go through a request for proposal process, but I did contact many people in the industry. We had interviews and requested proposals for what we could achieve and what the cost would be.

The total cost of the redesign project was between $20,000 and $30,000. It was initially estimated at a lower cost, but we decided to add e-commerce capabilities for our online donations, which bumped up the price.

We started working with them in March 2014. The website was launched in November of that year. Our work is ongoing, and we've had subsequent development on the site, creating a blog for it recently. They are our go-to web specialists.

Their principal [founder and president Darren Fox] was amazing to work with. He was very hands-on, but his team wasn't necessarily as great. One of our developers quit in the middle of the process after delivering a bad first iteration of the site. Their owner took control of the work and got the project back on track. He was good at getting feedback from us and figuring out what needed to be fixed. There were some issues with our donation system, given that it was the first time they'd attempted to build something like it.

How did Idea Marketing Group perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very strong in this regard.

What distinguishes Idea Marketing Group from other providers?

Idea Marketing Group is very hands-on and listens to our requests, doing their best to deliver what we want. They are also a cost-effective solution, which was a big reason for deciding to work with them.

Is there anything Idea Marketing Group could have improved or done differently?

They're very good in terms of communication, taking our vision and building it on their end, but I also would have wanted to receive an expert perspective from them, which didn't happen to a great degree.

Gold