Quality Assurance

Founded in 1999 and located in metro Denver, Colorado, iBeta Quality Assurance specializes in “QA on Demand” for software: functionality, compatibility, security, load/performance, code review, test plan engineering, automation testing, biometrics certifications, biometric system testing, and more, for websites, mobile apps, desktop/server applications, set-top boxes, and other platforms, with no subscriptions, retainers, or other long-term contracts.

All work is conducted in our own secure building by highly-trained and experienced testing staff. iBeta is the trusted partner of companies across the U.S. and the world, from Fortune 500 firms to scrappy startup ventures that might one day be the next big thing.

1999
Aurora, CO
  • 2675 S Abilene Street, Suite 300
    Aurora, CO 80014

QA Testing for Industrial Printer Manufacturer

“They're very responsive, and they're always willing to meet with us to clarify the process or ask questions.”

Apr. 2019 - Ongoing

iBeta Quality Assurance provides QA for a printer manufacturer as it prepares a new product for launch. They work with a .NET server, and .NET, iOS, and Android applications.

St. Charles, Missouri
Sean Irving
Software Engineer, Diagraaph

The new product will launch at a future date, but iBeta Quality Assurance is quick to catch issues and is very clear in daily reporting. They have a large library of devices, are easy to reach, and always respond promptly.

Our organization makes industrial printers that print supply labels and directly on products before they ship. I'm a software engineer and am in charge of the software that configures and runs our printers.

What challenge were you trying to address with iBeta Quality Assurance?

We hired iBeta for quality assurance for a new product that is about to launch.

Their testing is primarily on the software. Our suite includes a client server application, which they're testing. Some of our printers aren't very easy to set up and configure, but they have remote access to check connectivity.

We have a .NET application and server infrastructure, and Android and iOS applications that they're testing. They have a huge, impressive library of devices.

How did you come to work with iBeta Quality Assurance?

We weren't happy with another vendor we were working with at the time, so I suggested iBeta. I worked for them about 15 years ago, so I was aware of them. My team did our due diligence, and we started working with them.

To date, we've spent about $20,000.

We started working together in April 2019, and the work is ongoing as we prepare for launch.

We track the issues, and we rarely encounter something they didn't notice before us. Most of the things we catch are hardware related.

How did iBeta Quality Assurance perform from a project management standpoint?

I get daily reports for them that go over new issues and what they've completed. Tickets come in daily, and they're very open about their plans, concerns, and highlighted issues. We always know how much time is left for the tasks at hand, and the reports are very clear and easy to read. We use Jira to track everything related to their work.

They're really easy to work with. If I have a problem or need to talk to someone, I can reach out. It's easy to reach them by phone or through Slack. They're very responsive, and they're always willing to meet with us to clarify the process or ask questions.

I'm really happy with them. The only thing I could hope for is a lower price, but I understand that costs for a domestic company will be higher than an offshore resource.

Have clear definitions of the scope and your goals. Give them your ideas, and spend time with them early on to teach them how your application works.

Overall Score Their performance far exceeds our experiences with other vendors and gives us a lot more confidence in outsourcing.
    We had a week-on/week-off schedule, but they were willing to give us the same tester. That provided the continuity we needed to succeed.
    Their costs were higher than some competitors, but they were willing to work with our budgetary restraints. We get a lot out of the collaboration.
    They give me everything I want, they're prompt, and they're easy to work with.
    I'm trying to use their services as much possible, and would happily recommend them.