Drive Your Ideas...

Established in 2000, we are an eCommerce Agency based out of North America, Australia, and India, specializing in Magento consulting, design, development, integration and support. We started our journey, with four dedicated individuals, offering software and web development services and eventually found our niche in eCommerce and Integration.

2000
Woodbridge, NJ
  • 581 Main Street, 6th Floor
    Woodbridge, NJ 07095
  • Hyderabad

Magento Dev & Design for Distributor

"This engagement has changed everything—it’s been an amazing success."

Feb. 2015 - Ongoing

i95Dev integrated a Magento platform with a Microsoft Dynamics GP and ERM system using a custom connector. As ongoing partner, they adapted it for Magento 2, revamped the site, and troubleshot extension issues.

Montreal, Canada
Gaelle Everard
President, Qhousekids

The platform integration is a success and has significantly benefited business. Users love the ease of inventory tracking and 24/7 order placement. They offer fair quotes, expertise in both Dynamics and Magento, and smooth project management. They’re especially accommodating of differing time zones.

I’m the owner of Qhousekids, a distribution company. We sell children’s products across Canada and we hold the stock here. We are mainly B2B and we do a little bit of B2C. We’ve been in business for 20 years.

What challenge were you trying to address with i95Dev?

We were already using a Magento platform. We are also using the Microsoft Dynamics GPS and ERP [enterprise resource planning] system with all the updates online. We didn’t have a way to connect Magento and Dynamics GP [global positioning], which meant that we did any stock update, new price, or price change manually.

When they started, the project was to put a connector in place between the two platforms. Every company has their workflow and specific requirements. Ours were currency and other issues. They managed to put everything in place for us.

As we upgraded the GP, they had to adapt the connector. At one point, we had an issue here with the server, and they stepped in to put the connector back in place.

When we decided to upgrade from Magento to Magento 2, it was really like a new website. We gave them the whole project, including not only adapting the connector but also doing the web development and design. They involved their design team and installed different extensions that we found and did testing.

We also had some small requirements that don’t come with the Magento 2 community version. For example, I wanted to be able to see my customers’ carts, which I was able to do in the original Magento platform. By default in Magento 2, that’s not an option. They customized that for me. We bought an extension for Newsletter to automatically see what was left in people’s carts. In addition, we needed to sync with the database.

There are certain languages our customers use since we are in Montreal. Some speak French and some English. We assigned language categories to customers in GP so that Magento would know which language they speak, which in turn goes into the extension for newsletters. They are also working on a new menu and banner system because I didn’t like the other one.

For the first year, there were 2, with 1 being the project leader. He was my main point of contact. Sometimes he would add a developer and move another person to a different function. The project leader got promoted, so now it’s another set of people.

How did you come to work with i95Dev?

We heard of i95Dev through our GP reseller here in Montreal, who said they had a connector. We had looked at different companies that offered this, but the prices weren’t within our reach. What i95Dev offered was within our reach.

$60,000.

We started working together in February 2015, and the work is ongoing.

This engagement has changed everything—it’s been an amazing success. Our customers, who are store owners, love the fact that everything is integrated. They can place the orders at whatever time of day and on weekends and know that whatever we show in stock is actually there. If it’s not, it shows which date it’s coming in based on our ERP system and the connector. i95Dev did that seamlessly.

Now that we’ve moved to Magento 2, we’ve received some feedback on things customers don’t like. We’re now making little changes based on feedback from super-users, who are about 20–30 customers that place orders every single week or 2 times a week. I really listen to them.

How did i95Dev perform from a project management standpoint?

They are excellent, always available, and very knowledgeable. They work hard to be in sync with us and work on a schedule similar to our time zone, even though they are 10–11 hours ahead. When we communicate by voice or Skype, it’s always during our time as well.

We use a team portal that sends me updates during the day that I can reply to. That’s how I can tell they are working at the same time as we are. I like the way that their progress reports are web-based and organized by ticket. I can look at all the different parts of the projects easily just by logging onto the portal.

They’re very polite and their level of English is excellent. They have a lot of expertise and can troubleshooting any issue, like extension conflicts in both GP and Magento. That’s great, because often a vendor is an expert in 1 and not both.

Some companies out west charge for every extra hour. With i95Dev, I don’t know how they keep track of the hours, but we define a scope ahead of time and agree on a certain amount of hours for a certain price. I’ve never had to pay extra. They’re fair in their quotes.

I have nothing bad to say. It’s been great. They’ve helped our business significantly.

Overall Score I hope they stay in business as long as I do.
    If something is urgent or isn’t working, they put immediate resources on it. But they’ve been a few days behind what I’d like sometimes recently.
    From what I see here in the West, it would have cost me so much more than I paid.

Magento to GP Integration for Medical Device Firm

"Although integration is a complicated process, the product they provided is stable and gets the job done."

Mar. - May 2015

i95Dev integrated a web store’s Magento ecommerce platform with Microsoft Dynamic GP to ensure orders, inventory, and pricing are synced with the backend. They continue to provide general support when needed.

New Hampshire
Accounting Manager, Medical Device Firm

The integration has made online orders a hands-off, one-step process. Although there was difficulty discussing the project with offshore developers, the project manager ensured there was a productive line of communication and updates were consistently provided.

I’m the accounting manager at a company that sells medical devices.

What challenge were you trying to address with i95Dev?

After we created a new website and web store for our business, we wanted to redevelop the backend system to integrate our Magento e-commerce platform with Microsoft Dynamic GP.

For the first couple of weeks, they documented what the process would look like for us and came up with a detailed project plan we could follow. Then, using their own software, they programmed our backend so that all of the customer orders that went through our Magento web store would go through Dynamic GP. Inventory and pricing were also synced between Magento and Dynamic GP, so when we created products on the web store, they were automatically created on our backend.

We primarily worked with one project manager.

How did you come to work with i95Dev?

There aren’t many companies that specialize in Magento to Dynamic GP integration. We found a couple that did, interviewed them, and ultimately decided to work with i95.

We started working with them in March 2015 and the website went live in May 2015. Since then, they’ve provided general support and troubleshooting when needed.

Processing orders is much more instantaneous and hands-off since the integration. As soon as an order is place, our customer service representatives get a notification. We’re also able to process credit card orders as one transaction. We don’t have to take any separate steps, which would be the case if we didn’t have the integration.

How did i95Dev perform from a project management standpoint?

We had a great project manager who was very organized and very familiar with Dynamic GP. Some of their developers were offshore and communication could be a bit difficult, but the project manager bridged that gap and kept us up-to-date on their progress.

We had weekly conference calls to summarize where we were at each week and make decisions for the upcoming weeks. During busier times in the project, we spoke twice a week. We also discussed the project via email when necessary.

They delivered everything on-time.
    They did a great job, but there may be a cheaper option.