Reducing Drupal 8 Project Costs

I-Next offers Drupal 8 project development on a SaaS basis to reduce the cost of implementing and operating Drupal 8 projects.

I-Next develops the I-ntarsia Managed Digital Service Platform enabling creative and marketing teams to design, deliver, operate and extend world-class web systems to their customers and audiences without specialist skills in core software and infrastructure. We offer Drupal 8 on a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) basis, integrated with our technical support, consultancy, development and related services.

Reading, United Kingdom
  • 11, Groves Lea, Mortimer
    Reading, BRK RG73SS

Edenred (for: Sky, DHL, Innogy, RWE) GDHV (for: PID) Perfect Union (for: Aerospace, MNT) Studio B Creative (for: Trafalgar, SIRT, Boughtonwood, WD, Beechhill ) innov8 Graphic Design (for: LwL, TRBC) GSR (for: E2E) Where To Now (for:) Various charities and non-profits (Home-Start Reading, MVP, APMF)

Long Service Award System Image

Long Service Award System

An innovative solution for managing long service awards and the associated budgeting problems in a large organisation. Built in Drupal 8 on the i-ntarsia platform.

Christmas Stocking Image

Christmas Stocking

A corporate Christmas Gift system in Angular/node.js/Drupal 8. 400+ gift selections and integrated query system all available via single sign-on from the corporate rewards portal for 25,000 users.

Trafalgar Cleaning Equipment Image

Trafalgar Cleaning Equipment

Two e-commerce sites have been produced in Drupal 8 to handle this specialist cleaning equipment manufacturer and supplier. The sites have been integrated seamlessly with the company ERP system to enable product, price, stock and order management.

MNT Training Image

MNT Training

An ecommerce system for training courses built in Drupal 8 and integrated with a Moodle learning management system (LMS) for the automatic delivery of online training.

Curtain Craft Image

Curtain Craft

A simple brochure site built on a tight budget in Drupal 8.

Home Start Reading (Charity) Image

Home Start Reading (Charity)

A charity site rescued from an inexperienced web developer after a Wordpress hack. We moved this to Drupal 8 and then updated the site templates to allow new corporate style elements to be used easily by Home Start Reading staff as they create content.

Yearly Website Development Projects for Key Clients

“I find them really easy to work with because they are always willing to go above and beyond to deliver a solution.”

July 2019 - Ongoing

I-Next develops and updates the websites of third-party clients for a consumer services provider. Their current project involves uploading web infrastructure to the cloud in an effort to modernize services.

Project Manager, Consumer Services Company

The I-Next team consistently provides high-quality code that is well received by their client’s customers. They communicate consistently, staying on top of project requirements, and are flexible when it comes to tackling challenges that are outside the initial scope of their work.

I’m a project manager for a consumer services company. We develop financial recognition and incentive websites and programs, and we outsource some of that work to I-Next Ltd.

What challenge were you trying to address with I-Next Ltd.?

We’ve been working with I-Next Ltd. for about 15–20 years to develop websites and IP aspects of some of our projects every year.

We do what we call a Christmas stocking recognition and award program with one of our clients, and we’ve done it for about 10 years now. I-Next Ltd. provides the technology for that and we handle the project management, gathering requirements and then working with them to develop a system solution that fulfills those requirements. Right now, we’re moving our infrastructure into the cloud, which is one of the more technical projects we’ve taken on with them.

Year by year, they help us upgrade the design, functionality, and technologies of the websites that we develop. They go through quality assurance and then hand the products over to us to run our own QA and user acceptance testing with our clients. Any bugs we find in the process we take care of together before launch.

I work very closely with their owner for the most part, but when we get into testing and the more technical and functional aspects of the work, I also have direct contact with one of his developers on the platform.

How did you come to work with I-Next Ltd.?

Since we’ve been working with I-Next Ltd. longer than I’ve been at the company, I’m not sure how we initially hired them. I do know that we continue to work together because things have always gone very well.

Year-by-year we spend somewhere in the $10,000–$15,000 range.

We generally do about one major project with them a year. The current one started in July 2019 and is ongoing.

I read the post-project questionnaire that we receive from our clients after every project that they do. Last year, we completed a similar stocking project and were scored, on average, about nine out of ten on both development and project management. The feedback that we receive from our clients on how the system looks, feels, and operates is always highly positive.

How did I-Next Ltd. perform from a project management standpoint?

They are always really responsive to our requests. We have access to them via phone, so between that and email, we receive responses in about two hours — never more than a day. They always stay on top of the projects, so we are never worried about making sure they do the work.

I find them really easy to work with because they are always willing to go above and beyond to deliver a solution. If you think of an idea and you go to them with it, they then think about what else you need to consider to make it work rather than telling you that it’s outside of the scope of their involvement.

I think from my perspective, our projects could probably use with a little more documentation around process flows and wireframes to help our clients visualize the solutions before we develop them. To be fair, though, I think that sits with our company as much as it does with them.

Apart from encouraging anyone to hire them, I don’t really have any specific advice to give.

Multiple Website Projects for Creative Design Agency

"Their team’s good at what they do."

2009 - Ongoing

Following design guidelines, I-Next Ltd. developed two e-commerce sites for a third-party client based in Drupal 8. The team wrote code and built custom features. They continue to support development projects.

James Batchelar
Business Owner, Studio B Creative

I-Next Ltd. has engaged cost-effective strategies to deliver stable websites, which have generated exclusively positive feedback from multiple stakeholders. The team has been accessible and resolved any challenges promptly. Consistently delivering high-quality code, they remain a valuable partner.

I’m the owner of a graphic design and web agency called Studio B Creative.

What challenge were you trying to address with I-Next Ltd.?

I wanted a robust hosting platform and a partner to make the workflow for building, coding and developing websites smoother.

I’ve worked with I-Next Ltd. for a long time. I direct the creative side of projects, providing design and development solutions. Their team will then build the design on the Drupal 8 platform. We’ve used Magento in the past which wasn’t particularly smooth or beneficial to our workflow. During the development process, I manage the content, design and provide feedback. Once this process is complete, we will then preview the website development to the client for further feedback.

Most recently, I-Next Ltd. supported the development of two e-commerce sites for a client who sells a wide range of specialist cleaning equipment. Their team wrote code and managed the build. They created a feed based on the client’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for direct integration into the site. We continue to manage both websites as a team.

I mainly work with John (Owner, I-Next Ltd.) and one other I-Next Ltd. teammate.

How did you come to work with I-Next Ltd.?

The partnership has continued for a long time through my business and the last business I worked with. There’s been no reason for me not to carry on with our engagement.

We’ve spent around £10,000 (approximately $12,000 USD) a year with them.

We’ve worked together for ten years. Our partnership began in 2009 and is ongoing.

All the feedback we receive on our joint project work has been positive. The sites are robust and reliable with very little or no outage. Any issues we’ve experienced, I-Next Ltd. has dealt with them quickly and efficiently.

How did I-Next Ltd. perform from a project management standpoint?

We mainly communicate by email and phone along with joint client meetings if required. If the project needs more in-depth discussion at any point, we will have a conference or video call to involve all relevant parties. I-Next Ltd. has always responded quickly.

Their team is good at what they do. In terms of coding, I’m probably working with some of the best people in the country. They’re reliable and try to keep costs sensible, which is good. Their team is loyal to me which is paramount and we've had a positive working relationship.

Nothing that I can think of at the moment.

As with anything in business, make sure communication is clear. If you’re stuck on a problem, get on the phone or drop an e-mail to John; I’m sure it’ll get looked into. With any partner, look for longevity in the engagement.

Overall Score Generally, it's good.
    There's always room for improvement with cost.

Drupal 8 Website Dev for Local Charity

"I-Next Ltd. has worked to the best of their ability."

Feb. 2018 - Jul. 2019

I-Next Ltd. transferred a WordPress website into a new platform based in Drupal 8, which the team supports. They provided full-stack development of the new site, researching the brand to inform the design.

Sarah Smith
General Manager, Home Start Reading

I-Next Ltd. delivered a secure and aesthetically pleasing website that represents the brand comprehensively. The team supports effective communication channels to resolve challenges quickly, minimizing unnecessary oversight. Their diligent work and dedication make them a dependable partner.

I’m the manager of Home Start Reading; we’re a small, local family-support charity.

What challenge were you trying to address with I-Next Ltd.?

We needed a new website because ours kept getting hacked. Following the initial hack, we hired a different website designer who built another platform, which got hacked.

I-Next Ltd. migrated our existing WordPress website to a Drupal 8 platform. Their team researched our leading organization and the websites of individual charities’ that compose the national organization to understand the brand. We’d all just been rebranded, so our website was a blank space for their team to design. We run a charity, which means our team is always busy. Our team didn’t have to do a lot of work because I-Next Ltd. managed all of it.

We’re a small charity so we rely on the kindness of people, family members, and friends of staff. A friend of a trustee set up the first website, which was hacked. Then, the trustees put an offer out for local businesses to come forward and build a website. I-Next Ltd. was one of the companies that demonstrated interest. Unfortunately, another company that came forward won the work. Their team wasn’t as skilled as they should’ve been. We were in a right pickle. I-Next Ltd. found out and phoned me. I told them we needed their help. They decided to work with us at a discounted rate.

How did you come to work with I-Next Ltd.?

I worked with John (Owner, I-Next Ltd.) and another team member.

I-Next Ltd. built our website for $3,000. They’re quite passionate about local families and wanted to help.

Our engagement began in February 2018, and is ongoing.

I love the website. Their team did a fantastic job with the design. It’s really colorful and happy. The platform is all-encompassing and has made a huge difference for our organization. I-Next Ltd. developed an inviting platform that works. The website hasn’t been hacked and I feel safe that it’s not going to be. I don’t have to worry about coming to work knowing that our website has been hacked. It’s just wonderful.

How did I-Next Ltd. perform from a project management standpoint?

The process has been really easy. I could speak to them on the phone but their team prefers e-mail. They have a queuing system. You email them and create a number, which opens a slot and then an issue for them to resolve. The system has been quite easy. It hasn’t been hard to work, which is great.

I’m not technologically savvy. I don’t know the difference between WordPress and Drupal. When you’re a small charity dealing with an accountable for funding, it’s crucial to have a partner who you feel confident is doing the right thing. Trust has been essential to our collaboration, especially since we’d been let down twice before. I-Next Ltd has worked to the best of their ability. Our relationship with them was founded on trust. I-Next Ltd. has done an amazing job. I’ve felt very happy and confident with them.

Not that I’m aware of, no.

Go for it. Given the experience we’ve had in dealing with different website designers, we would never partner with anyone besides I-Next Ltd. again— even if the quote were cheaper. They’re worth it. Their team offers peace of mind, which is priceless.