We are a design consulting firm in Birmingham, UK

We are a product design team specialising in UI/UX, Web Design and Development.

Birmingham, United Kingdom

Programming & scripting
Application platform

Anyvan, Swarma Limited (Webfaction), Atlas Copco

Quizkick - UI/UX

QuizKick tried to create a game that would give football fans around the world a chance to prove their knowledge. We handled the design and the back end system. http://www.hyperion.co/portfolio/quizkick

Webfaction

Webfaction is our hosting provider and we worked with them in late 2015 to create a simpler, more intuitive control panel for their platform. http://www.hyperion.co/portfolio/webfaction

Web Design for Training Company

"Hyperion is straightforward and competent. I can say that honestly because I was happy with their work."

Hyperion redesigned an outdated WordPress marketing website for a job training company.

Brussels, Belgium
Andras Baneth
Founder, European Training Academy

The new site earned Hyperion's client a lot of new business. They were praised for being straightforward and competent.

My company is a training company, which offers training for anyone who’s dealing with public affairs and lobbying, to understand the profession better and understand how the European Union works in practice. I’m the founder and the manager of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hyperion?

We needed a website to market our company.

I had a website for this business which was done about five years ago. It was very outdated and not very appealing anymore. It was not responsive to rendering well on mobile devices. I wanted to completely remake it and have a fresh visual look, make sure that it renders well, and make it responsive as a design. That was the assignment for them to do.

The website itself and this particular business is pretty straightforward because it’s not a portal nor an e-learning website. It’s for marketing purposes and the actual business happens offline in my classroom. Hyperion came up with very good ideas and a good visual approach. Technologically, it’s a WordPress website with a couple of plug-ins and things that cater to my specific requests.

How did you come to work with Hyperion?

I either found them through Upwork, or through some show-and-tell website, like Dribble, where I liked their work and I reached out to them.

How much have you invested with Hyperion?

It was under $10,000.

The project is done and shipped. I think it took them about two months to get it done. When we started working, they gave a pretty good heads-up of what’s coming and how long it was going to take. They did deliver on time.

It paid for itself because I’ve generated enough business, thanks to the new site, to fully cover everything that I paid for it. It still brings in new clients, unfortunately not every day, but pretty much a couple of clients each month.

How did Hyperion perform from a project management standpoint?

Good. Hyperion communicated regularly. They were responsive to what I asked them to do. They were very helpful. Actually, what I really appreciated is that after the project ended, a couple of months later, I had a security issue with the website, which is not because of them but because of something I didn’t do on the server side. They were extremely helpful and they helped to fix it. They didn’t charge anything for that. They considered that a part of the customer support that they would provide still as part of the service.

What did you find most impressive about Hyperion?

I’d say no nonsense, which is good. Hyperion is straightforward and competent. I can say that honestly because I was happy with their work.  These are probably words that every company would like to hear.

Are there any areas Hyperion could improve?

The project was just very smooth. I don’t think there’s anything to take issue with.

Overall Score I’m happy with their work. I have no criticisms.
    They kept to the deadline.
    The cost was higher than some other proposals that I got. In terms of value for money, I’m happy with that.
    I recommended them already.

UX Design for Electrical Company

"Hyperion seem to be very quick on the uptake. They are extremely focused on what they do."

Hyperion redesigned the user interface of an existing piece of software to streamline and optimize the user experience.

Director, Electrical Company

The new product is more user-friendly. Hyperion's professional approach to the work and project management were pointed out.

We are a specialist organization that creates software for the lighting industry and energy efficiency industry. I am the Director.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hyperion?

The main goal was to redesign an existing piece of software in order to improve the user experience.

Looking at the existing system, the functionality was already there. Then, Hyperion was also tasked to look at streamlining and optimizing it to improve the user interface, make it clear, a lot more intuitive to use, and to have a common branding and color pattern that you can feel throughout the software. Then, to deliver an improved user experience.

How did you come to work with Hyperion?

I was trying to find an organization and I spoke extensively to probably about 10 to 12 different organizations who provide this service. They were a good blend between value for money, had a good portfolio, and the correct approach for work for us.

How much have you invested with Hyperion?

It was somewhere between $10,000 and $50,000.

It was done in two phases; there was a break in between. In total, it was probably about five to six weeks. It started off about 18 months ago and went on for a period of about two and a half to three months.

The only feedback from clients is that the user interface is a lot easier to use and a lot more intuitive. That's it.

How did Hyperion perform from a project management standpoint?

I only dealt with one person ever, who was Christian, who would also do the work. He always had a very professional approach to the work, tended to manage the work himself end to end, and always kept to deadlines.

Is there anything Hyperion could have improved or done differently?

Online Brochure Design for Machinery Company

"They’ll make something special while being minimalist about it. Hyperion.co makes sure it meets all the right points."

Hyperion was hired to design an online brochure for their client's training materials in a way that would display content in a creative yet effective way.

Gabriela Miron
Marketing Assistant, Atlas Copco

Hyperion was commended for their creative ideas and their ability to create a simple, yet special end product.

Atlas Copco in the UK is the sales and service operation of the Atlas Copco Group providing oil free oil injectors, stationary air compressors, gas and process compressors, turbo expanders, nitrogen generators, air treatment equipment, air management systems, and custom design engineered packages. We have about 87 engineers in the country. I am a Marketing Assistant.

What challenge were you trying to address with hyperion.co?

We needed someone to do an online hosted brochure that covered all of our training courses available in the company. We needed it to be cheap and we needed it to be done fast. We also needed it to be flexible.

They did the design work and they came with the ideas of what would be the best way to display the information that we had in a way that would be both appealing and serve our purposes. We wanted it to be to the point. When you looked for a course, you would be able to quickly pick up a course - what you need and who you need to contact. They managed to come up with a very creative way of putting that on the page. When we had some issues later that weren’t exactly enough for our previous template, they came up with a new template. They were very flexible in dealing with our requests. Being able to do things fast was a very important point for us. They’d work overnight or on weekends to be sure we got things on time.

How did you come to work with hyperion.co?

I had done some work with them before. Their head designer and I were classmates in high school. I was aware of his abilities in terms of design. We got another quote from our existing supplier when we started, and their price was too high for what we were looking for, especially since we were going to have a lot of pages. I checked out the head designer’s website and I was happy with what I saw. I asked him for a quote and he came back with a good price.

How much have you invested with hyperion.co?

Under $10,000.

It’s ongoing. It’s a catalog, so it gets updated every six months. I think we started in January 2015, and I think we did our first printing in June.

I’m not sure this would be open to the public.

How did hyperion.co perform from a project management standpoint?

They were on time. Whenever I called them, they were there for me. They bent over backwards to make sure the deadlines were met every time. When we had issues on this project, it was because we couldn’t put together the courses in the right amount of time. They never said it couldn’t be done. There are times I felt I was being unreasonable. Their response was always very diplomatic and they always did what I wanted.

What did you find most impressive about hyperion.co?

They’ll make something special while being minimalist about it. Hyperion.co makes sure it meets all the right points. They’re not going to make it overly stuffy or do too much of something. I think that’s nice. We don’t always get someone who’s able to work with a very simple brief. They’re able to do research very well on your company. They come up with ideas that meet your expectations.

Are there any areas hyperion.co could improve?

The project is a resounding success. I don’t think there’s much that could be done to make it better.

Overall Score They came back to us on time with everything we wanted and went out of their way to make sure we were happy. The end project was absolutely stunning.
    The only issue they had was us.
    Considering the previous quote we had.
    The quality is superb.
    They are one of the best companies I’ve dealt with in regard to price versus what you get. I think sometimes you get a lot more than what you’re paying for. I’m surprised by how low their prices have been.