A full-service Seattle advertising agency

WHAT WE DO
Inspired by the simplest element in the universe, Hydrogen Advertising harnesses the power of simplicity to help local, regional and international advertising clients succeed.

HOW WE DO IT

Simple: with strategy, creative, and marketing. Our 3C’s strategic method leads us to a key takeaway that is ownable, relevant and stands out from the competition. Our creative team works closely with clients to get to a message that resonates. And our marketing team makes media dollars go further with the right mix of paid, earned, and owned media along the path to purchase.

WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT
We are a small, nimble, full-service agency packed with industry veterans. We know the ropes. And as a member of Worldwide Partners, we share resources and ideas with 65 independent agencies in 50 countries, giving our clients the power of a large agency, without the large agency overhead.

2001
Seattle, WA
  • 1520 4th Avenue
    Seattle, WA 98101

Icynene, 365 by Whole Foods Market, Whole Foods Market , Kohler, Heritage Bank, The Polyclinic, Keysight Technologies (formerly Agilent's Electronic Measurement), Accoya

Full-Service Advertising for International Natural Grocer

“Their team clearly loves what they do, and their passion drives excellence.”

Feb. 2014 - Dec. 2017

Hydrogen Advertising supported strategy and media for six store openings, coordinating between advertisers, timelines, and deliverables. They then provided comprehensive roadmaps and recaps for each campaign.

10,001 + Employees

Seattle, Washington
Marketing Coordinator, Natural Grocer

Hydrogen Advertising consistently produced positive ROIs, incorporating value-adding items into campaigns and securing excellent media buying rates. They worked well with any budget, assisting with seasonal projects as well as other creative needs. Their strong project management was key to success.

I’m the marketing coordinator for an international natural grocer, overseeing new start opening and retail marketing plans.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hydrogen Advertising?

We were looking for an agency that could coordinate all of the idiosyncratic details that come along with a multifaceted advertising plan. This involved navigating all of the different advertisers, designs, and specs to produce a timeline and deliverables list. The final product needed to be a turn-key roadmap that our internal team could follow.

In total, we’ve completed six store openings with Hydrogen Advertising. Their team handled all of the back-and-forth project management between ourselves and the advertisers, including ad deliverables, specs, substrates, and timelines. The media buying was particularly fantastic; they negotiated excellent rates for us and provided value-add into our packages.

Afterward, they gave us an extensive recap of everything we’d done together. This made it easier for me to compile my overall work and clearly show the added value. Outside of store openings, they supported us on seasonal campaigns and other projects.

I had two main points of contact, including Lauren Meadows-Rose (Media Director, Hydrogen Advertising), but there were also about 2–6 people working behind the scenes.

How did you come to work with Hydrogen Advertising?

My colleague had just started working with Hydrogen Advertising and referred me to them before he left the company. When I took over his position, I continued working with them. They became my right arm; I couldn’t even imagine what it was like before them.

While I can’t disclose the project size, I will say that they worked with all of our limitations, from large to small budgets. We didn’t keep them on retainer; rather, they worked project by project.

Their work lasted between February 2014–December 2017.

We got a fair amount of value from Hydrogen Advertising’s efforts, and they always produced a great ROI. There was rarely a time when I called them to ask about campaign performance. When they assisted with campaigns that had a clear call to action to our store through coupons or free item redemptions, those numbers were typically strong. In general, that value generation was built into the entire portfolio for the new store opening.

How did Hydrogen Advertising perform from a project management standpoint?

Not only were they easy to understand and organized, but they were also very clear about timelines while remaining flexible. That is to say, they established a schedule for when and what we needed to deliver. If we weren’t able to deliver, they still worked with us to troubleshoot, identifying realistic timelines and informing us of our options if we missed them.

Lauren has so much energy and passion around her work that it really felt like she and her team were a part of ours. They completely grasped our initiatives and our drives, not to mention the pressure we felt to perform; it’s a unique trait. I appreciated working with Lauren because she made me look amazing at my job. Their team clearly loves what they do, and their passion drives excellence.

No, I don’t think so. We went through a couple of iterations of their project management system, and they were very honest. They knew where their opportunities were and constantly worked to improve them.

Their a smaller firm, so you’re able to get a lot of personalized attention. As a result, what you get out of the experience depends on what you put into it. If you treat them as just another vendor taking an order, then that might impact your outcome. But if you engage in the relationship, then they’ll go to bat for anything you need.

They were easy to work with and very punctual. When we needed them to adjust the schedule, they were happy to accommodate.
    If they were on retainer, I’d give them a perfect score.
    From the ad buys to the recaps, they delivered everything in a professional and timely manner. I never had to go back and ask for missing work.
    I refer them all the time.