Humanizing Industry & Technology

Hybrid Moon produces short-form content that helps brands solve problems. Our clients like to say that we illuminate branding and messaging that engages and motivates the target audience.

1994
Portland, OR
  • 25 NW 23rd PL, #143
    Portland, OR 97210

FISERV

Event Coverage & Video Production Services for Alarm Company

"Their video has become a key feature of our signature event."

Mar. 2014 - Ongoing

Hybrid Moon works with the client on an ongoing basis to produce videos showcasing events and activities. Their team takes care of the entire project from start to finish, including pre- and post-production.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Anne Tart
Director of Communications and Events, NetOne

The videos produced by Hybrid Moon are engaging and high quality. The team works seamlessly within the events to capture footage, and participants look forward to engaging with Hybrid Moon each year. They’re also proactive and organized.

NetOne is an organization that’s incorporated a group of independent alarm companies across the United States. We serve our shareholder companies by providing networking opportunities, education, and other services. I am the director of communications and events.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hybrid Moon?

We wanted to add some sort of video aspect to our signature event – a sales incentive trip.

Over the course of the engagement, they’ve produced multiple videos for us. They attend our annual four-day event and provide a video for the last night that summarizes all the activities. It shows guests participating in the events, dinners, engaging with one another, and more.

They do the pre-production, filming, post-production, editing; everything from start to finish. They help us sketch out the storyboard, plan and organize logistics for the location, and how to document different events. The final product for these signature events is less than 10 minutes in length. They also provide us with something that we can use on the website to promote the next year’s event. Additionally, during the event, they set up a photo booth, taking individual shots, as a memento for guests to have.

In addition to producing a video for our annual event, they’ve also done several other projects. Their team came on an anniversary trip. They filmed shareholders and produced a longer video that we had as a signature piece as a feature of that trip. They also helped promote a customer experience program we created, making smaller snippets of video to be used on the website. Most recently, they helped us produce our first virtual shareholder meeting.

Heather (Executive Producer & Editor) and Eric (Managing Director & Directory of Photography) are the key people we work with.

How did you come to work with Hybrid Moon?

A member of our board of directors referred them to us after seeing them at an event. We hired them without interviewing any other companies. Based on their outstanding work for the first video, we have continued with them.

In total, we’ve invested roughly $90,000. It’s approximately $15,000 per event.

We began working with them in March 2014, and the work is ongoing. We first engaged with them toward the end of 2013.

Their video has become a key feature of our signature event. It gets more engaging each year. They work seamlessly, engaging with guests and blending in, helping to make it a great experience. They definitely enhance the experience, and people look forward to seeing them there. The sales team uses the video as a recruiting tool, as well.

How did Hybrid Moon perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re excellent in terms of proactively, planning things before we even arrive on-site. Their execution and follow-up are also impressive. Heather is great at helping us put together whatever we need for a given project.

The personal attention to detail, and the knowledge they’ve gained about us and our company culture makes working with them very enjoyable. They’re innovative, and they bring suggestions relevant within the scope of our industry that we would never think of. They know what’s expected, and they apply that knowledge to every project.

I just worry they’ll eventually have more work than they can handle.

Communicate with them – write down everything to specify goals and expectations.

Video Production Services for Music Performance Company

"I put all my stock into their capabilities and skills — their work has become my brand."

June 1999 - Ongoing

Hybrid Moon is the long-term branding partner for a concert violinist. The team primarily plans, shoots and produces, and edits music and promotional videos.

Portland, Oregon
Aaron Meyer
Owner, Concert Violinist Aaron Meyer LLC

Always delivering beyond expectations, Hybrid Moon has been an extremely successful partner. The team’s sharp creative eye lends itself to producing exceptional videos. The long-standing engagement has resulted in an intuitive, fruitful relationship.

I’m the owner and main performer of Concert Violinist Aaron Meyer LLC. I’m a rock violinist, and I create music, play concerts, and make music videos.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hybrid Moon?

Hybrid Moon helps me brand my identity and music.

Hybrid Moon is my long-term branding partner. We’ve worked on about 12 significant projects together, as well as several other smaller engagements.

However, in the last five years, we’ve started making music videos together of a combination of music I’ve either arranged or composed. Usually, we’ll go to a location together to create, document, and put together a story in the form of a music video.

Recently, we shot a music video in Venice, Italy. Hybrid Moon actually didn’t come with me on that shoot, but I brought back 12 hours of raw footage which the team edited down to five and a half minutes.

We’ve also traveled together to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico to shoot a video. We brainstormed a music video concept that would showcase the music, but incorporate the culture of the city as well. Together, we mapped out the storyboard, shot the video, and edited it.

Eric (Managing Director & Director of Photography) is my main point of contact. I’ve also worked with Heather (Executive Producer & Editor), who handles a lot of color corrections, consulting, and storyboarding.

How did you come to work with Hybrid Moon?

I’d attended a couple of creative seminars. Eric was speaking at one of them, and after his presentation I introduced myself to him. He showed me some of the work Hybrid Moon was doing, and I decided to partner with him to make a promotional video for my upcoming concert.

I’ve spent between $50,000–$200,000. The music videos and bigger projects are usually between $15,000–$30,000.

I’ve been working with Hybrid Moon since June 1999. Our last project was a music video shoot in Santorini, Greece in 2018.

Every project I’ve collaborated with them on has been top-notch. It’s obvious that they really care about what they’re doing, which is the most important thing to me as an independent musician. Recently, we did a video that’s received around 30,000 views. As a regional musician, that’s impressive.

We’ve been working together for such a long time that we’ve developed a rhythm between us. The projects are very intuitive, and the team understands how to produce a creative, theatrical, and beautiful presentation. They know exactly what I need and want, and they deliver it.

Heather and Eric are a great team; they complement each other nicely. Their skills work together very well. All around, the team is fun, talented, and creative, all for a reasonable price.

How did Hybrid Moon perform from a project management standpoint?

They perform very well. They’re extremely organized and never waste my time, which I appreciate. The team strategizes to map out the project early on, so everyone’s clear on what their responsibilities are and what the project will look like timewise.

Hybrid Moon is always on time, and they always deliver what they promise in a very professional manner. The team is personable and easy to work with.

One of the great things about Hybrid Moon is that the longer your partnership lasts and the more they get to know you, the more they can do for you. Most of their clients have been with them for years — they’re in it for the long term.

Even though they can work at a really high corporate level, it never feels like business. They always make it feel very personal because they care about the end result just as much as their client. Hybrid Moon doesn’t produce anything that isn’t exceptional. I put all my stock into their capabilities and skills — their work has become my brand.

I can’t really think of anything. They always under-promise and over-deliver.

Go to Hybrid Moon’s website and look over the scope of what they can do. It’s really easy to see the breadth of their work. And, I’d give them a call. They’re really personable people.

Video Production for Security Alarm Consulting Firm

"They’re intuitive, smart, and easy to work with."

Aug. 2018 - Ongoing

Hybrid Moon produced multiple short videos to explain the work of the client’s company. This included copywriting, design, and pre- and post-production services.

Lake Oswego, Oregon
Kirk MacDowell
Founder & President, MacGuard Security Advisors Inc

Hybrid Moon’s work has brought more legitimacy to the client’s business. The quality of their work was excellent, and the team was easy to work with.

I’m the founder and president of a security consulting firm that primarily works with clients in the electronic security alarm industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hybrid Moon Video?

I wanted to put some videos on my company website so my audience could understand what I do better.

They assisted us with web design, wrote copy, and produced several videos. This included shooting footage and editing it. The videos they’ve produced for me are typically 15-30 second snippets.

My primary points of contact were Eric (Owner & Videographer) and Heather (Editor & Producer). They’ve brought in other people to assist, but they do most of the work.

How did you come to work with Hybrid Moon Video?

I started working with them at my previous job almost 16 years ago. I think the CMO at my old organization found them.

We spend about $15,000 per project.

I started my company about two years ago, and they’ve been with me since the beginning.

I have a pretty niche audience. The goal of the videos wasn’t to bring in a lot of additional clients, the goal was to validate my organization and add credibility. Anecdotally, I’ve received positive feedback from customers that have seen the videos.

The quality of their work is superb. I’ve recommended them to multiple people.

How did Hybrid Moon Video perform from a project management standpoint?

They have excellent project management skills.

They take the time to understand my business and what I want to achieve in each project. They’re intuitive, smart, and easy to work with.

Even though they’re not the cheapest option, the quality of the services they provide is worth the money.

Be completely open and honest with them. Let them get to know you and your business. It’s also important to listen to what they have to say.

Testimonial Videos for FinTech Company

"Eric and Heather bring a sense of passion and integrity to every project. They take ownership of each client project."

$10,000,000+

Feb. - Mar. 2020

Hybrid Moon Video helped produce a series of client testimonial videos to support the internal sales team. This involved coordinating remote teams to capture footage in four different cities before editing.

Alpharetta, Georgia
Mark Waldron
Senior Writer & Producer, Fiserv

Despite challenging filming conditions, Hybrid Moon Video delivered exceptional footage. They were passionate about the project, working hard to ensure success. The final videos thoroughly impressed the senior leadership, and internal teams requested to use the footage for their sales campaigns.

Fiserv is a financial services technology company servicing the financial services industry with innovation, technology, solutions and services. We move money and information around the globe every second of every day. I am a senior writer and video producer for Fiserv.

For what projects/services did your company hire Hybrid Moon Video?

We hired Hybrid Moon to help us capture and edit a series of client testimonial videos for our internal sales team. Eric and Heather were incredibly responsive and helped us capture clients in four different cities over a two-week period.

We had a very tight window to capture and edit videos for an enterprise-wide sales meeting. The schedule was incredibly challenging, but Hybrid Moon handled all the details with ease and the end product was nothing short of fantastic!

We were referred to Hybrid Moon by another video company in Atlanta. We needed a video production company on the west coast we could rely on, and Hybrid Moon was the company we kept being referred to. They were everything we needed and more!

Describe the video(s) and the process in detail.

We had to capture four different clients in four different cities over an 8 day period. Each capture in a different city took incredible coordination and attention to detail to make it happen.

In every instance, Hybrid Moon brought in the right crew, managed each shoot and captured incredible footage for the testimonial videos. After the shoot, Hybrid Moon had to coordinate with an Atlanta-based company to "tag team" and get all the videos edited in a very short period of time.

They managed that with ease and were able to deliver a stellar final product. I can't recommend them enough!

What was your vendors' project management or feedback process?

Project management, feedback, post production and editing were all incredible. They were a natural fit for our clients - and treated our clients like their clients. That's all we could ask for - and they went above and beyond to make sure the project was a success.

The project was a complete success and the end product was so good that I've had numerous requests to use the footage for sales campaigns. The senior leaders of the company were extremely impressed with what Hybrid Moon was able to produce under such challenging conditions.

The workflow was tremendous as Hybrid Moon did anything and everything they could to work with our ridiculous timelines. We had a very short time to get a tremendous amount of work done, and Hybrid Moon worked with us and our other vendors to make it happen.

Eric and Heather bring a sense of passion and integrity to every project. They take ownership of each client project and work tirelessly to make sure the end product is up to their very high standards. They could not be easier to work or collaborate with, and their videography, post-production and editing skills are second to none.

I honestly can't think of anything I would improve in working with Hybrid Moon. Maybe if we could figure out a way to clone Eric and Heather so we could have one version in Atlanta and the other in Portland, we could have both coasts covered for our video needs. My highest recommendation. I wouldn't work with any other company.

They make our schedule work with their schedule.
    Extremely well priced, especially for the quality of work they provide.
    Second to none!