We build awesome mobile apps with lasting impact

We are a Los Angeles based complete design sensitive Digital Agency. As an organization, our approach is design focused engineering and we are passionate to work with startups and progressive enterprises. We provide best in class technology consulting, web & mobile app development and design solutions across various verticals like Finance | Healthcare | Logistics and more.

Los Angeles, CA
  • Hvantage Technologies Inc
    6700 Fallbrook Ave Suite 222
    Los Angeles, CA 91307

Our clientel includes large & mid size enterprises & upcoming well funded startups. we have been supporting clients across all the industry vertcals primary covering healthcare, banking, insurance, commercial real estate, Ecommerce, retail, logistics, engineering, manufecturing, telecommunications, media & entertainment.

An ecommerce web and mobile application for branded clothes

A mobile application for on-demand bike taxi and delivery services

The most effective mobile application for logistic solution

Tour & Travel App

Plan and book your next tour and make travelling more relaxing.

Image Filter Application

Perfect App  to take photo, add filters and share it on social medium

A Mobile Application for satisfying midnight hunger.

A social network mobile application for beginners in the Film Industry

Chatting Application

Enjoy Chatting like Whatsapp

Find your dating partner

A new place to meet your date

Jewelry Catalog

A mobile application to showcase the Jewelry Catalog

Power BI Custom Development for Financial Services Firm

"[T]heir ability to get up to speed with the idea and help me prioritize and execute ... is really terrific."

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

Hvantage helped reverse-engineer a complex production data environment, customize a Power BI platform from Microsoft, and combine the two customized solutions in a new web environment using Azure.

Boca Raton, Florida
Managing Director, Financial Services Company

Since the project, business revenue has gone up 50%, and Hvantage continues to be the main partner for evolutions. They tackled the project with a “hyper-extreme” Agile approach. Though they were working on new concepts and technology, there’s little to change in retrospect of their methods.

Advisors Asset Management is four different companies. We sell a variety of '40 Act and fixed income products to institutional clients, as well as other independent broker-dealers and registered investment advisors. I'm the managing director of trading and risk.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hvantage?

The scope of their work was to create a BI (business intelligence) environment for the firm.

We have a very complex production data environment that's been built over 25 years. It's pretty expansive and had three big benchmarks.

The first thing we did is reverse-engineer that environment into a new production environment, which includes a full-blown SQL formal production environment that’s Microsoft product-based. Instead of a highly normalized environment, it was set up and modeled for BI.

The second part was to spool up the Power BI platform, which is a new product for Microsoft, including each of the components with the combination of the desktop, web services, and the phone app.

The third part was to create a new web environment that combined both highly customized solutions and a bunch of complex calculations, and also leveraged the Azure cloud as well as the Power BI embedded component. This allows you to create these data- and visual-rich solutions that can be monitored in real-time and then publish into your own web environment.

First of all, the data was really complex, so to reverse-engineer that took an enormous effort. Then to start operating out of the Power BI platform—which is very new—it didn't really stabilize for a year. We were about six months into it when we started developing it. Then they had to take all of that and have it operate in our own web environment using some of the embedded components that Microsoft offers through Azure.

Not a lot of people had done this. We had to solve for all sorts of issues, how to control the API, and program around different things. They're constantly evolving it, and it's evolving very rapidly. A lot of things that we developed, they actually came out with a few months later.

How did you come to work with Hvantage?

I worked with Krishna Baderia at Countrywide. We built a very large and sophisticated commercial real estate platform. This was a platform where we had 200 people, 15 offices, a billion dollars a month in production, and $200 million in revenue. It involved all sorts of complex financial engineering/modeling. It had very large positions: our average derivative position was $8 billion, and loans and bonds were something like $3 billion to $3.5 billion.

This is a company that we built. We went from $0 to $200 million in three and a half years. We were working 12 to 14 hours a day. My partner and I built these tools from scratch, mostly coding really sophisticated Excel spreadsheets. We needed these tools to be on a better platform with formal code, certainly something that was compiled, because it was doing a ton of work involving really complex calculations.

Krishna came to work, and he was our sole resource. Without any formal training (compared to us with a lot of years of experience, advanced knowledge, and advanced math degrees), he was able to do all of it with almost no assistance, which is crazy good. He took all of that and put it into a formal production model, coded it in C, and did all sorts of connectivity from simple services, web services, and APIs. Basically, he took our highly functioning prototype tools and put it into a secure production environment. He was able to do that. He certainly got a lot of help from us, but he was able to advance the ball on his own and figure stuff out at a rate that was really special. He instantly became one of our favorite people of all time.

So when he started Hvantage, he contacted me. I tried to hire him at my former firm, but I didn't have a spot and I already had a full team. I build trading desks and manage tradings, but I also help with a lot of strategic initiatives and with building business startups. Inevitably, that requires building out some interesting technology. When I came here and I had an opportunity, he was the first person I called.

How much have you invested with Hvantage?

It was about $20,000 a month.

The contract is a year and a half old now. It's ongoing. They've been tremendous at figuring it out and finding a way to accomplish all the things. It sounds like a simple scope, but the product is this really sophisticated website that is getting sales and trading information throughout the day about what their customers are doing and opportunities that they have. We're now evolving a fully-integrated solution to do the round trip ticketing.

It's too early to tell. The first thing I did was develop a sophisticated risk management system which allowed us to really change the complexion of how the firm trades. The second thing was to supply tremendous insight into the current business. That allowed us to point the machine—the ship—in various directions. The last thing, or the most recent evolution, was what I call the portal. It is the third evolution—I have about three more to go from here, and that's for the sales guys.

The feedback has been really positive. Since we've been working on it, our business is up by 50%. We have four big strategic initiatives, and this is one of them. All four of them have contributed to the increase in revenue, but I think all four working together did the trick.

How did Hvantage perform from a project management standpoint?

I challenged them to operate not in extreme Agile, but in hyper-extreme Agile. This is something that is near and dear to me, as I just made it up. What you do daily is break it, build it, and deploy it—you just do it until your fingers bleed. The reason for that is I already have a full-time job. I am a part of the senior management team, and I manage half the trading desk and manage all the risk. It was the only way that I figured you could get through the material because this is a data platform that has been developed over 20 years. They took that challenge on and have done great.

What did you find most impressive about Hvantage?

We're still not doing sprints or anything like that, but their ability to get up to speed with the idea and help me prioritize and execute in a very compartmentalized way, while still having a highly functioning platform, is really terrific. It’s just hard to do.

Are there any areas Hvantage could improve?

I can't think of anything. Realize that these things are new. They'd be new to anybody because Power BI is a new product and process. I feel like any of the things that I wish we’d done differently were totally on me. I may have spent a little more time on the data model. At the end of the day, I think we did the right thing. We solved for it, and now we're able to provide a very robust data model, handling millions of rows while still being efficient. I think they've done a great job. I really do.

It's hard to describe how much I threw at them in such a short a period of time.
    They were half the price of anybody else that would have taken on the project, and I think they did twice the work.
    If you saw the product, you'd understand why. We had this up and running in under a year. We had our first reports being generated in under 30 days, something the firm had never been able to produce prior to that.
    To anybody that calls me, I would recommend them. They're good people. I know them. Krishna has done some great stuff with us. I have known him for over 10 years. I've worked with a lot of coders, and they are right up there at the very top.