We'll Outrank Your Competition

Bronze

Hughes Media is a boutique digital marketing agency that provides customized, intelligent and targeted advertising solutions for long-term success. Our efficient size allows us to operate in an extraordinarily nimble fashion, able to meet the rapidly changing market quickly and adjust strategy to keep clients ahead of the curve.

2000
Atlanta, GA
  • 3525 Piedmont Rd NE Bldg. 7, Ste. 203
    Atlanta, GA 30305

Website & SEO for Investment Banking Firm

“They bring a fresh perspective to our business.”

Dec. 2017 - Ongoing

Hughes Media provides website design and development services, updating a website and working on the related SEO. They continue to work on updates and provide maintenance.

Atlanta, Georgia
Michael Bloom
Managing Director, Piedmont M&A Advisors

The newly updated site is greatly improved and receives many compliments on its look and feel, as well as its ease of use. Beyond that, the site effectively brings in leads and has secured several clients. The team is always responsive, offers great value, and displays good technical skill.

I’m the managing director of Piedmont M&A Advisors, an investment banking firm. We help people turn illiquid assets, normally businesses, into cash or liquid assets.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hughes Media?

We wanted to update our website to strengthen our ability to reach out to potential clients. It needed a fresh look, with the perspective of someone who understands SEO.

They took a close look at what we were doing, listened, and evaluated both us and our competitors. We also pointed out to them what we like and don’t like, then they developed our website and did our SEO. They host the site and provide maintenance and updates for it.

I interface with Deedra (Digital Marketing Innovator, Hughes Media) the most. Valentina (Vice President, Hughes Media) is also an integral player and I have some contact with Angela (Graphic Designer, Hughes Media).

How did you come to work with Hughes Media?

I had known Deedra for several years from being in the same group in a global business organization. I saw her work for other clients, and felt that she was quick, pleasant to work with, and had the courage to tell me if we agree to disagree. She was very willing to learn more about what we do for our clients.

We started working together in December 2017, and the work is ongoing.

We surveyed clients and prospects to find out how we were doing with our image, delivery, and how we compared to our competitors, which has helped us measure the impact. I got positive feedback about the website. Users say it’s fresh, looks up to date, and has a modern look and feel. I’m very positive that within the next 3–4 months, I’ll be talking with Deedra about what to tweak.

They think about marketing and sales—they know we didn’t want to have a website just to have a website. We wanted it to generate interest from clients. In fact, I’ve had two or three prospects that have come to us after finding us on the web.

How did Hughes Media perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re very responsive, executed on a timely basis, and kept to the budget. They’re very cost conscious, and I don’t feel overcharged.

They’re easy to reach and approachable, never avoiding our phone calls. If they don’t understand what we’re asking for, they do their best to understand better, which helps us on both sides. They bring a fresh perspective to our business.

They did a good job of getting up to speed quickly and I don’t have to worry about what they were doing. My only hang up that I would like more feedback on what they may see behind the scenes. I’d like an analytical assessment of what has changed since we updated the website.

Give them a thorough orientation about what it is you do, how you differentiate yourself in the marketplace, and how you communicate with clients. Be sure that they understand your business very well and be very open about your strengths and weaknesses.

Overall Score I’m happy that I used them, and I would use them again going forward.
    I’d refer them to others without thinking twice about it.

Web Dev & Digital Marketing for Digital Manufacturing Company

"They did their homework and learned about our industry and competitors quickly."

Apr. 2018 - Ongoing

Hughes Media developed several new websites for a company’s various divisions. They also provide ongoing SEO and digital marketing support and create new products as needed under their monthly retainer.

Atlanta, Georgia
Daniel Hooper
Marketing Director, Formetco

All delivered products have surpassed expectations and fulfilled requirements. Hughes Media continues to provide useful guidance. Their flexibility and ability to go above and beyond have helped foster trust and confidence between the teams, leading to continued engagement.

I’m the marketing director at Formetco, a digital manufacturing company. We mainly focus on our LED product.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hughes Media?

Our company has multiple divisions, including digital billboards, sports, and LED video. All of our departments have different audiences and varying needs, so I wanted a company to help bring unity across our business. We hired Hughes Media to create a similar appearance for the platforms.

Hughes Media built five different websites from scratch. When creating our home page, we went through the wireframe process together, they incorporated our feedback and handled the rest of the development.

They created our printed marketing materials and launched several marketing campaigns. They handle our SEO and PR needs, as well as video and email marketing efforts. We have their services on a monthly retainer, so we work with them on additional projects, as well. For example, they are working with us to build a creative library. The product will offer free content for users to utilize for their billboards.

I primarily work with Valentina (Vice President, Hughes Media), Abbey (Digital Marketing Specialist, Hughes Media), and Jacqueline (Marketing Assistant, Hughes Media). To get a proposal for a new project, Deedra (President, Hughes Media) helps me directly.

How did you come to work with Hughes Media?

After being unsatisfied with our previous vendor, I did research online and narrowed my search down to three companies. Hughes Media was the easiest to speak with, whereas other companies needed multiple surveys and forms filled out before even speaking with us. I chose this team because they are located close to us and have great SEO efforts in place for themselves.

We’ve spent $100,000 on their services.

We started working together in April 2018 and the engagement is ongoing.

Internally, our team has been blown away by the materials produced. For example, one sales manager didn’t support the idea of an external vendor helping because of our past experiences, but they were thrilled with Hughes Media’s work. Their work has surpassed all of our expectations, so far. They’ve delivered stellar work for everything we’ve hired them for.

How did Hughes Media perform from a project management standpoint?

One of my favorite aspects of working with Hughes Media is their project management approach. Typically, we email to approve items and have a back and forth throughout the day. They’re always on top of the workload. Whether it be through text, email, or calls, I can always reach them after hours and on weekends. Once a month, we have a phone call to go through our analytics. Their team is full of fantastic communicators.

Hughes Media is always available to help us. When we were short of an in-house graphic designer, they provided half-priced support while we looked for a replacement. They did their homework and learned about our industry and competitors quickly.

Our in-house team took on too many projects with limited resources so it could have been helpful if Hughes Media had told us to slow our pace down and handle projects one at a time.

If you want a firm that feels more like an intimate, familial, supportive partner, they’re the right choice. Their team is highly positive and great at communicating, making them a great option to fulfill that need.

Overall Score We have a stellar relationship. We view them as trusted friends and we’re very aligned in our goals.
    We’re never waiting on their team.
    The value greatly outweighs the price we pay.
    Their work is often better than expected. We love their aesthetic and their quality is second to none.
    I’ve already recommended them.

Website & Digital Marketing for B2B Consulting Firm

"They bring creative ideas into the fold—they build on my ideas, and they offer ideas I didn’t think of."

June 2011 - Ongoing

Hughes Media rebuilt a website and coordinated SEO efforts and a Google Ads campaign for a B2B consulting firm. They provided marketing training and made an SEO-friendly site by identifying suitable keywords.

Marietta, Georgia
Arthur Jackson
President & Founder, Trimtab Consultants LLC

Half of the new clients are now derived from SEO and Google Ads campaigns. Hughes Media has served as a reliable partner throughout an extensive engagement. The team is creative and engaged, and they leverage a wealth of experience to generate valuable leads.

I’m the founder of Trimtab Consultants. We are a B2B consulting firm for businesses looking to upgrade their infrastructure with the NetSuite software product.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hughes Media?

We wanted to generate more leads to our company through a refreshed website and digital marketing campaigns.

We relied on Hughes Media to rebuild our website, and in the context of doing so, we made the site more SEO-friendly with certain keywords. They also initiated Google Ads campaigns and later trained me to manage them myself. We leveraged a few other digital marketing methods, but Google proved to be the most effective.

I interact weekly with Deedra (President, Hughes Media), Valentina (Vice President, Hughes Media), and Christina (Graphic Designer, Hughes Media).

How did you come to work with Hughes Media?

I was confident in the team’s experience in marketing and advertising. Deedra assembled a strong team that understood what I was trying to accomplish.

During our startup period, we spent around $10,000–$20,000 per year. For smaller engagements, we pay maybe $3,000–$5,000.

Our engagement began in June 2011 and remains ongoing as necessary.

Probably over half of our clients come from their SEO and Google Ads efforts. Every client they’ve generated is an ideal match and is highly valuable.

How did Hughes Media perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been very prompt in their email and phone call responses.

They bring creative ideas into the fold—they build on my ideas, and they offer ideas I didn’t think of. They also keep detailed logs of their time and hours so that I can see what I’m paying for.

No, nothing comes to mind.

Bring your own ideas, but also be open to their ideas and strategies. Let their ideas complement yours so that you get the best of what you know and the best of what they know.

Bronze