Hudson Integrated is a nationally recognized integrated digital agency with locations in New Jersey & NYC. Specializing in highly advanced ecommerce digital solutions, digital marketing, responsive design, agile web and app development. The Hudson Team has worked with an array of companies and organizations to help them both transition to digital and better reach their target customers.

The Hudson team is comprised of artists, designers, geeks, researchers, marketers, and writers. We could tell you about our “innovative approaches” and “cutting-edge eCommerce solutions,” but then we would sound like every other firm.

Founded:

Communicator Award of Distinction- 2013 for Coney Island Fun Guide

NJBiz #31 Best Places to Work in New Jersey in the small/medium category

2011-2013 BtoB Top Agencies

Best in Biz-Fastest Growing Company-Small Business Category 2012

The Web Marketing Association- January 2012 Social Network Standard of Excellence for Hatchedit

The Web Marketing Association- January 2012 Certificate of Merit-Not for Profit for NJRCC

The Web Marketing Association- January 2012 Certificate of Merit-BtoB- Incomm Conferencing

Web Award-January 2013 Outstanding Achievement in Website Development for Hatchedit

Industry focus

Client focus

Reviews of Hudson Integrated

Website Design for Tax Preparation Firm

Web design

Hudson Integrated built a new website to allow a client to appear more professional to potential clients and improve organic SEO rankings on Google to acquire new customers.

Hudson Integrated delivered an effective website that was complimented by clients and staff. The new website already has provided new clients through improved SEO and improved overall branding.

"Customers who were not existing clients have said they like the look of our website."

CEO, Tax Preparation Firm

New York, New York Area

Average: 5 (1 vote)

I am the vice president of a tax preparation and accounting firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hudson?

We needed to have a responsive website.

They did the design and development of the website. After the tax season is over, we’ll work on SEO.

How did you come to work with Hudson?

I knew Jeff from a networking group. I saw some of the work that he did and knew it was high quality. He also did a project for another accounting firm in the area and I liked the layout.

How much have you invested with Hudson?

I spent between $10,000 and $12,000 with them.

The project took a year, but it was because I didn’t get the content to them in a timely manner.

We’re not even doing SEO and people are still finding us and calling us because of the website. Customers who were not existing clients have said they like the look of our website.

How did Hudson perform from a project management standpoint?

Their whole process is great. If not for me, the project would’ve been done in a few months. They call you whenever they need anything and make sure to keep everything moving to meet the deadlines.

What did you find most impressive about Hudson?

They showed us other websites they’ve done and that was great. They were straightforward and easy to work with.

Are there any areas Hudson could improve or done differently?

No, I thought it was great. It was pretty seamless.

QUALITY: 5
What they did with the website was amazing. I didn’t think it would look that good.
COST: 5
They didn’t go over budget.
SCHEDULING: 5
Any delays were because of me.

Mobile App Development for Restoration Business

Mobile app development

Hudson Integrated helped a home restoration client stand out in a crowded market by creating a home emergency mobile app to make it easier to record property damage and loss.

Hudson Integrated's mobile app has an impressive number of regular users and strong App Store feedback. They are a thorough and creative group.

"There are quite a few users who have registered on our app. They have given us great feedback."

Director of Marketing, Restoration Business

New York, New York Area

Average: 5 (1 vote)

I am the director of marketing for a contracting and restoration company. I am responsible for the creation, execution, and measurement of our marketing strategies.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hudson Integrated?

We wanted to bring more value to the products and services offered by our company. There is a lot of competition among restoration companies, so we needed to set ourselves apart. We also wanted to offer clients an easier and quicker option for recording property loss. In the commercial space, it's extremely important to have an entity through which the customer can quickly and efficiently deploy resources on-site. The longer someone waits in the case of a fire or a burst pipe, the more damage occurs. We decided that the best approach for getting around this would be to create an emergency-response mobile app that could even eliminate the need to pick up a phone. I'm a designer and have experience around creating user interfaces. I understood that more than creating an app, we needed to build an easy-to-use solution, so that our customers are more likely to use the app.

We had some discussions with the company around what should be implemented in the app, but Hudson Integrated helped us go through the planning process. Using their expertise, we looked at the different loopholes in our original plans. They made sure that the app would meet our business goals and handled that the emergency-response elements well. The app allows users to input their emergency type and contact all the appropriate parties, making sure that the emergency-response teams are sent out as quickly as possible. The client's personal information is prepopulated, which is in itself a time-saver.

Hudson Integrated provided both the aesthetic design and coding for our iOS and Android app. I gave directions in terms of branding and look. It was a fairly easy process, with both parties coming up with suggestions. In the long run, it was a successful project.

How did you come to work with Hudson Integrated?

Hudson Integrated was referred to us by a senior executive who'd used them in the past. I did my due diligence in order to ensure that Hudson Integrated had the capabilities we were looking for. Their price point was also good.

How much have you invested with Hudson Integrated?

The cost of Hudson Integrated's work was under $20,000.

We started working with Hudson Integrated in April 2016. The app was rolled out in the first week of January 2017.

There are quite a few users who have registered on our app. They have given us great feedback. We've met with school facilities directors every month at an association luncheon. I've had them come up to me and mention how easy to use the app is. They've appreciated having personal information prepopulated, especially since typing into a small area can prove difficult for many of them.

We're excited to start the second phase of development using Hudson Integrated. We've had to work with SMS companies for messaging functionalities, as well as other things of that nature. I was impressed by how quickly both versions of our app were rolled out.

How did Hudson Integrated perform from a project management standpoint?

The timeframes and response from Hudson Integrated were always on point. I've appreciated this as someone new to the industry who had to figure out what to do. I relied on Hudson Integrated's expertise.

What did you find most impressive about Hudson Integrated?

Hudson Integrated was great at taking the perceptions of different people and putting that information into a plan. They made sure that it encompassed our aesthetic and functionality. It was refreshing to work with a team which really understood user interfaces. Anyone can design an app, but creating one that the customer will actually use and want to come back to is a completely different animal.

Hudson Integrated is a very thorough group. I've liked the creative spirit behind the team. Most importantly, Hudson Integrated's members have taken the time to explain why certain features would or wouldn't work, which made the whole process more comfortable. I was new within the company and had to get some small wins. It was nice to be guided by a team of experts not only in order to reach an end goal but also to have value, internally and externally.

I don't think so.

What tips or recommendations could you share that might increase the likelihood of success with Hudson Integrated?

Clients need to figure out what their end goal is before starting the design phase. One of the biggest downfalls of any project is falling behind on scope and budget. Many times, people will initially think the product will be different than what it ends up becoming.

eCommerce Design for Audio Application

Ecommerce development

Hudson Integrated worked to deliver lectures to users via Smartphones using a convenient app that didn't drain phone battery or was overly complicated.

Hudson Integrated delivered the application early and on budget. The application was given high marks by users in focus groups.

"Overall, step-by-step, Hudson has been very helpful."

Founder, Audio Application

Phoenix, Arizona Area

Average: 5 (1 vote)

Our company is an audio app based company. We take lectures of a certain genre off of YouTube, take out the audio, and make it available for listeners via an app. I’m the founder.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hudson Integrated?

There was no platform Previous to our app for people to be able to look into it without using up all their battery and data listening to them on YouTube. Our goal was to facilitate access to these sought-after lectures.

At the very beginning, we went over the ideas. Our business model was built around a monthly subscription or ad revenue. They had improvements that impressed and convinced me. They said it would be much easier to do A, B, and C for your idea, rather than X, Y, or Z. As we went along, they provided a very detailed blueprint of all the work that was going to be done.

How did you come to work with Hudson Integrated?

We looked up the most highly reviewed app development companies within the North Jersey and New York City area. I had a call interview with every single one of them, and each company gave me a price quote of what work they would do. Hudson was chosen because they are not located in a densely populated, high-traffic area, and their estimate was 60% cheaper than everyone else’s estimates. When I looked up their work, the reviews for their work were very promising, so we immediately chose them.

How much have you invested with Hudson Integrated?

The first year’s cost was $51,000.

It’s been one year since we’ve worked with them, and we are still working with them. We just did a soft launch and are working right now to smooth over any rough edges in our project.

I’m very satisfied with them, and I am very happy with the results. I showed it to a small controlled group of users when we did the soft launch because I wanted their feedback. Everybody liked the idea and the concept.

When we did the soft launch, we immediately held a meeting because we realized that a lot of our ideas look good on paper but, when it was put into actual practice, they weren’t very practical. We worked together to change that. On top of that, tweaking a little bit of the design and functions, never had any extra costs. That’s what made me very happy with them. They are not looking to take any more money out of this because they care about the work itself, which made me very happy.

How did Hudson perform from a project management standpoint?

It was excellent. Great communication and great project management. Hudson makes you feel like family. I was very satisfied with it.

What did you most impressive about Hudson Integrated?

I was very surprised to see that we never went over the cost. Overall, step-by-step, Hudson has been very helpful. They have been there when I had questions. They were much more cost-efficient than the other companies based in New York City that we had interviewed.

Are there any areas Hudson Integrated could improve?

I don’t have a single complaint.

Work very closely with them. Make sure you articulate everything you want from your ideas. Make sure you’re very clear. When they send you something to review, make sure to respond on time. They’re working at a great speed, but their speed depends on how often the client can reply to them. It all depends on the client making time to follow through with everything.

I have no complaints.
QUALITY: 5
The quality of the work we asked for exceeded my expectations.
COST: 5
We stuck to the original estimate, and it was much cheaper than all the other estimates I had gotten.
SCHEDULING: 5
We were ahead of deadlines.
WILLING TO REFER: 5
I will very likely recommend Hudson Integrated.

Web Design for Medical Sales Company

Web design

Hudson Integrated built a new website to recruit more medical sales representatives using entertaining messaging and high-quality design.

Hudson Integrated has helped the client recruit more qualified sales representatives and grew the overall site traffic. They are pragmatic and friendly.

"I can't say enough good things about the end-product and the people working there."

Co-owner, Medical Sales Company

11- 50 employees

New York City Area

Average: 5 (1 vote)

We are a medical distribution company putting together independent 1099 sales forces for different medical organizations, including laboratories, pharmacies, and so on. We're always building and growing our sales force.

I am a co-founder and owner of the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hudson Integrated?

We needed to create a website which would attract independent medical representatives. We became inundated with many unseasoned candidates or ones which simply weren't the type of rep we were looking for. We needed to gain a certain attitude through the site, and have it be entertaining enough to attract as many of the good reps as possible.

Hudson built our website from scratch. The nice thing about working with them was that, even though my partner and I aren't technological or creative people, Hudson could provide a complete team for web design and social media. They took our directions and translated them into a digital format. Hudson also built Facebook and Twitter pages for us.

How did you come to work with Hudson Integrated?

Hudson was referred to us by a past client of theirs, as well as by a couple of our friends.

How much have you invested with Hudson Integrated?

The cost of our website development was broken up into payments, but we've also had an ongoing contract with Hudson for marketing and social media. The cost has varied month by month, from $2,000 to $4,000. Hudson has tailored the services based on what we were looking for.

We started working with Hudson in 2014. The website has been finished, but we continue to work with Hudson for updates and other tasks.

The layouts of our website and social media pages far exceeded our expectations. We don't track statistics for our area, but I can say that after the website was created, the amount of traffic we gained, as well as the number of sales reps which contacted us, grew exponentially.

How did Hudson Integrated perform from a project management standpoint?

Hudson was amazing. I can't say enough good things about the end-product and the people working there. Every team member who came into contact with us was phenomenal. We don't have a technology background, so there were many questions being asked on a regular basis. Hudson was always there for us.

What did you find most impressive about Hudson Integrated?

Hudson was a pleasure to work with. Their results are phenomenal, and all the employees of the company are great. Hudson made us feel welcomed. I have recommended them to many people looking for help in that space.

Are there any areas Hudson Integrated could improve?

Not that I can think of. Hudson has every angle covered.

Even if they think that the task is impossible for Hudson to do, clients should throw the idea out to the team. I'm sure that Hudson can figure out a way to do it. We thought that there would be certain limitations, given our background, but Hudson was able to accomplish everything we gave them.

COST: 5
Hudson came in under the budget we discussed.
SCHEDULING: 5
If anything, Hudson was pushing us to work faster. We tend to get sidetracked.
WILLING TO REFER: 5
No hesitation to recommend.

Web Design for Decorative Fabrics Company

Web design

The client hired Hudson Integrated to completely redesign their website, including content management and e-commerce functionalities,  and then continued to employ them for SEO services.

As a result of Hudson Integrated’s work, the client more than tripled the percent of revenue coming from e-commerce. The client recognizes Hudson Integrated for their flexibility, versatility, and  responsiveness, and continues to rely on the agency.

"Once the site built by Hudson Integrated went live, we tripled that percentage, reaching around 16-17% of our total sales."

CIO, Duralee Fabrics

Average: 5 (1 vote)

Duralee Fabric is located in Hauppauge, Long Island. We’re a B2B [business-to-business] company providing fabrics, trimming, and custom furniture to the trade.

I am the Chief Information Officer [CIO].

What business challenge were you trying to address with Hudson Integrated?

We needed a complete redesign of our website, which went live in January 2013. Our previous website was not well enabled for e-commerce, and we needed a custom shopping cart for our transactions.

Please describe the scope of your work with Hudson Integrated in greater detail.

Hudson Integrated developed the entire company website for us, including content management and e-commerce functionalities. Our customers now have the ability to self-serve in terms of creating users for their companies and employees. We have a custom search engine that Hudson Integrated developed with a third-party. The search engine came as part of a toolkit that Hudson Integrated fitted into different parts of our site in order to enable different types of searches.

The site was custom-developed in .NET. We gave Hudson Integrated a set of wireframes and specifications on the basis of which the cost of the project was agreed on. We’ve worked with three other vendors on the site, but Hudson Integrated was our main developer. Their team acted as the bandleader, while our other partners wrote the APIs [application program interfaces] for the Enterprise Resource Planning system used to submit inquiries and orders, as well as manage our image searching system. Hudson Integrated worked with these companies within a fairly short period of time, making a custom website, with a custom shopping cart, search engine, and administrative tools. This was all done from scratch.

More recently, they’ve worked on improving our SEO by comparing our site to those of our competitors. They have also looked at the types of searches that result in visits to our page. Hudson Integrated is changing some of the tagging in our pages to make them more compatible with the kinds of searches we want to attract.

In addition to this, we’ve also put in some hooks on the site to gather Facebook metrics for visitors who don’t log on. We can see where those people are spending their time, and use that information in numerous ways. A Facebook user belongs to a community in which they share content. We can take that information and put it up against the profiles we have for people in our line of work. Designers will be more likely to have designer friends in related businesses. We can reach out to people in those demographics and advertise to them. We’ve worked with Hudson Integrated as well as with another marketing firm for this purpose. They’ve helped us put hooks into our page and track what our users are doing.

How did you come to work with Hudson Integrated?

We interviewed a few candidates before settling on Hudson Integrated.

The total development cost of the website was $160,000.

We started working together in May of 2012. The site went live in January of 2013, but it was available for internal demos in December, 2012. We’ve enhanced it since that time, creating many additional features.

Could you share any statistics, metrics or other feedback from this engagement?

When the site was initially launched in 2013, people loved it. One of our key measures of success is e-commerce. Our previous site had only rudimentary e-commerce capabilities, and prior to 2013, we only received between 5-6% of our sales revenue from the website. Once the site built by Hudson Integrated went live, we tripled that percentage, reaching around 16-17% of our total sales.

We now offer many more features through which users can make searches, manage projects, pay bills online, enter credit card details, and so on.

In 2015, we had 1.1 million sessions, 427,000 users, and 6,383,000 page views on our site, which comes down to half-a-million page views per month. We’re trending even higher for the current year. We receive these stats from both Google Analytics and from Hudson Integrated themselves.

How did Hudson Integrated perform from a project management standpoint?

Hudson Integrated was able to hit deadlines, which has been key for us. They never commit to something that they won’t be able to deliver.

What distinguishes Hudson Integrated from other providers?

Hudson Integrated is a small group, so they can be very flexible, versatile, and responsive to our requirements. They are leading us in a number of ways. For example, in 2013, when we launched our site, it would work fine on desktops, but performed poorly on small devices. Consequently, in 2014 we embarked on a process to make the site more responsive. The entire platform was recoded as a result. Hudson Integrated told us that they didn’t think it would be a good idea to bother with building a separate mobile app, but instead we should make a responsive version of the website.

I belong to a group called The CIO Council. During a group meeting, I discussed the work we were doing with Hudson Integrated and asked the fifty people present how many of them were building responsive websites. Out of all of them, only about five or six said they were starting to look at this. An equal number said that they’d heard about the concept, but hadn’t done anything about it. Most of the people at the meeting had no idea what we were talking about. We were early in the game with respect to mobile responsiveness, but our site was completely optimized, from our shopping cart to every other functionality. This was completely due to Hudson Integrated.

Is there anything Hudson Integrated could have improved or done differently?

We sometimes have resource issues. Hudson Integrated is growing, and they have other clients. It hasn’t been a big problem, and in fact was addressed a year ago, when Hudson Integrated hired some people to meet our demands. This is more of an observation than a complaint.

QUALITY: 5
They’re responsive, and their quality of work is very good.
COST: 4
Hudson Integrated’s price is competitive for our type of work, and they’re strong in terms of tech abilities. One area in which they are lacking is in graphic design and visuals. We sometimes had to go through a few more iterations than I would’ve liked.
SCHEDULING: 5
We haven’t blown any major deadlines.
WILLING TO REFER: 5
I wouldn’t recommend Hudson Integrated for very small projects, but rather for serious development work...their strong point is being able to do custom work and develop things that would not be obtainable through the standard website developer.
Bill Kelly

Web Design for Car Bumper Manufacturer

Web design

Hudson Integrated built a website for the client to increase their exposure. After completion of the website, Hudson provided further marketing services.

The site developed by Hudson Integrated was professional and easy to navigate, and received compliments from its users. The client has been happy with all of the services provided by Hudson Integrated, and praises their comprehensiveness.

"They’ve [Hudson Integrated] helped us with anything from tech support, marketing and web design, to business questions in general."

Operations Manager, MOVE Bumpers

Lewistown, Montanta

Average: 4.5 (1 vote)

Average: 5 (1 vote)

MOVE LLC is a bumper company in Lewistown, Montana. We’ve been in business for two years, and 99% of our activity consists of building do-it-yourself bumper kits for trucks. Our kits come in five main pieces which customers fit and weld themselves.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Hudson Integrated?

We needed to get greater exposure for our company, so we were looking for a developer that could build a website for us.

Please describe the scope of their involvement.

Initially, Hudson Integrated was tasked only with building our website. We weren’t looking to do any type of marketing with them, but we engaged them for those services later on.

How did you come to work with Hudson Integrated?

I researched a few US web design agencies online, narrowing down my choices to two or three companies that I liked. I then obtained some quotes and references. One thing that impressed me about Hudson right from the beginning was that once I started searching for web designers, their name came up everywhere.

The original development cost was between $6,000 and $8,000. After eight months, we invested more into the site by implementing e-commerce functionalities.

The website was launched in August of 2014.

Could you share any statistics, metrics or other feedback from this engagement?

The site Hudson Integrated built looks extremely professional. We showed it to other business professionals and loan committees who were all impressed with the quality of the website, which is very easy to navigate and very clear. I am very happy with the site.

How did Hudson Integrated perform from a project management standpoint?

The development process took some time due to changes we requested on our end. Hudson was always timely.

What distinguishes Hudson Integrated from other providers?

They’re not simply a web design or marketing company. We’ve called Hudson for various issues, and they’ve proved to be instrumental in getting our business known. They’ve helped us with anything from tech support, marketing and web design, to business questions in general. They’re a one-stop-shop, which we have very much appreciated.

Is there anything Hudson Integrated could have improved or done differently?

No. The work that they do for us is constantly evolving based on our needs. If something doesn’t work, we will choose a different direction. There is always some trial-and-error.

SCHEDULING: 4.5
Lacey Steen

Development Work for Fitness Startup

Mobile app development

Hudson integrated Web Agency provides a variety of services for the client including Web development, mobile app development, and social media marketing.

Hudson Integrated Web Agency exceeded the client’s expectations by helping them surpass their beginning milestones. The agency is praised for the excellent documents they provide for build outs and Hudson is highly recommended to others.

"The projections we had are all doubled, so it's very successful. It's going better than expected."

Founder, Fitness App Startup

Freelancer

Baltimore Metro Area

Average: 5 (1 vote)

We are a fitness startup.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I'm the founder. I was the designer for trying to implement what we wanted and get to from my head onto development and website.

What was your goal for working with Hudson Integrated Web Agency?

We wanted to find a company to create an online mobile fitness app.

Web development, mobile app development, and they also take care of my online marketing through Facebook, Twitter, Google AdWords, and iTunes. It's Android and iOS.

What was your process for selecting Hudson Integrated Web Agency with which to work?

I talked to three different developers. When I met with Hudson, they were as excited about the project as I was. When I was discussing with them the potential you could tell they were meeting as team of 10 to 12 people and discussing the project even before we had our second and third call.

The other shops were only playing it by ear waiting for me to come to them with the project. They weren't putting any thought or decision making into the process. It's not that I wanted Hudson to make my decisions for me but, at the same time, it was a big venture. So, I needed to bounce the ideas. I appreciated the feedback they were giving me.

Can you give a sense of the size of the initiative in dollar terms or a personnel work-hour figure?

It was from $50,000 to $200,000

When was the work completed?

It's ongoing. The stopping of the engagement is just in talks to be bought by a couple different companies. So, if that happens, the project would stop immediately. I would probably start another project within 24 hours of that.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

The projections we had are all doubled, so it's very successful. They were modest projections. For the small, modest increments I had planning this project out, we've surpassed all those beginning milestones. It's going better than expected.

Are you satisfied with their performance?

Absolutely.

Is there anything unique or special about Hudson Integrated Web Agency that really makes them stand out compared to other business partners?

It's hard to say. I just put my blinders on and decided to go with them. A couple of the other development shops had their shot, but lost my project. They didn't impress me.

What advice would you give to future clients of theirs?

Make sure you have your project mapped out and express what your vision is. They take it from there. The document they provide you for the build out is phenomenal. My cousin, who also does tech startups, he said all the companies he's been with, which are $5 million to $10 million dollar startups. He said if we'd produce documents like that all those companies would be $50 million to $100 million companies.

The only thing I'd say I'd do differently is I had a vision of the marketing process, and it's in line with how I wanted it in the beginning, but we had to do some trial and error. My ideas weren't backed by a lot of statistics, but I'd say on the marketing plan, the only thing I look back on is the first three months, I wanted to go in a certain direction. But, I let them do their research and, after those three months, I narrowed down the field and said I wanted to focus more on a different strategy, which we did and they were happy to accommodate.

SCHEDULING: 4
I only say that because none of us knew what Apple would do and they kind of screwed with us. It wasn't Hudson's fault. It was just Apple.
WILLING TO REFER: 5
I've given their name out three times already.

Development Work for Data Storage Service

Web development

Hudson Integrated Web Agency provides design, development, and marketing services for the client. Their first task was creating a site which linked users to the back-end.

Hudson Integrated Web Agency succeeds as the client’s partner by helping them achieve their goals; the agency’s work contributed to positively improved metrics. The client has no criticism for Hudson and highly recommends the agency to others.

"I was so impressed how they [Hudson Integrated Web Agency] handled this backup that I actually have them doing a few other projects that I’ve been working on with other investors."

Founder, Data Storage Company

Average: 5 (1 vote)

We’re an internationally based online backup storage company. We backup information to the cloud. We backup computers, iPads, iPods, and the like. We allow customers to guard from of data loss or if they need to backup information for any other reason.

What is your role and responsibilities?

I’m the founder and CEO.

What was your goal for working with Hudson Integrated Web Agency?

Initially, we had two types of developers. We had internal developers writing the code for the back-end. So, we had that piece completed in-house.

We needed a vendor to create a website that would be the connection between the users and the back-end, which is extremely difficult because we’re dealing with multiple API [application programming interface] pulls and a lot of e-commerce going on back and forth. The system also has a mail system built in to help customers keep track of what they’re doing.

Design and development. They do our online marketing also. They do so much for us. They run Facebook, Twitter, all aspects of social media and different advertising as well. They’re our liaison with a filmmaking company that makes videos for us. They help get all that set up. They integrated the back-end to the front end seamlessly.

They’re working on mobile development now as well. It’s a lot of work. They haven’t gone ahead of schedule, but they’ve never fallen behind schedule. They’re always on target with what they need to do. They’re always in communication with me, and they do it right the first time, so I never have to ask them to redo work.

We went to three or four different vendors in two years trying to find the perfect vendor. It was luck that we bumped into Hudson. We wanted to keep it local but, when we went to a local company for six months and spent a fortune of money, the whole thing fell apart. We subsequently went to an international company and they fell apart. Then, we went to a local family out of Long Island and they fell apart.

We were really desperate at that time. We were looking for a reputable company. There are so many companies out there. It’s hard to find one that’s reputable. Someone recommended Hudson and I went down to meet them. I was impressed and decided we’d give them a much smaller retainer than everyone else until they came through. But, they did come through. They did everything perfectly.

It was $50,000 and up depending on the project.

When was the work completed?

It’s ongoing work. We’ve been working with them two years. We have many more years of work to do together because I was so impressed how they handled this backup that I actually have them doing a few other projects that I’ve been working on with other investors. They’re quite amazing.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

I set projections for all major metrics when we started the engagement. They were modest projections. For the small, modest increments I had planning this project out, we’ve surpassed all those beginning milestones. It’s going better than expected, and I would say we have doubled our goal in many cases.

Are you satisfied with their performance?

Absolutely.

Is there anything unique or special about Hudson that really makes them stand out compared to other business partners?

It’s hard to say. I just put my blinders on and decided to go with them. A couple of the other development shops had their chance to win my business but didn’t. The other companies didn’t impress me like Hudson Agency did.

What advice would you give to future clients of theirs?

Make sure you have your project mapped out and express what that is. Hudson will take the project from there. The document they provide you for the build out is phenomenal. My cousin who also works for tech startups said all the companies he’s been with which are $5 million to $10 million dollar startups would’ve generated hundreds of millions of dollars if they could produce documents as professional as Hudson does.

The only thing I’d say I’d do differently is I had a vision of the marketing process, and it’s in line with how I wanted it in the beginning but we had to do some trial and error testing with Hudson.

My plan wasn’t backed by a lot of statistics. When we created the marketing plan, for the first three months I wanted to go in a certain direction, but I let them do their research and after those three months I narrowed down the field and said I wanted to focus more on our current strategy, which we did, and they were happy to accommodate.

SCHEDULING: 5
Just because none of us knew what Apple would do, and they kind of screwed with us. It wasn’t Hudson, it was just Apple.
WILLING TO REFER: 5
I’ve done that three times already.

Web Design for Sporting Goods Corporation

Web design

The client hired Hudson Horizons to redesign, build, and complete their website before extending the scope of the agency’s involvement to include functionality and updates.

Hudson Horizons contributed to successful projects which significantly decreased the amount of complaints the client receives. The client praises the agency for their excellent performance and is happy to continue their partnership.

"They [Hudson Horizons] are very personable. That’s why we actually chose them."

IT Manager, Sporting Goods Corporation

Average: 5 (1 vote)

Please describe your firm as well as your role and responsibilities.

I’m the IT manager. Our company is the world’s largest supplier of firearm parts and accessories. We’re a mail-order business.

What was your goal for the work with Hudson Horizons?

We had a website, but it was growing way too busy, way too fast. It wasn’t very modern in appearance. We needed a scalable, modern-looking, definitely faster-performing website.

What was your process for selecting them to work with on this project?

We wanted someone who was in driving range of our business because we find that you really have to have a face-to-face personal relationship with someone who wasn’t afraid to come and talk with us so. We wanted actually to meet individuals as opposed to someone just on the other end of a website. We selected probably a dozen of them that were within driving range of our location. We chose them after interviewing all 12.

Please describe the scope of the work.

There was both design and development. We also paid them to support our website, so we don’t have to monitor it. We don’t have to see when there are errors. It wasn’t just, “We wanted you to build it and see you later.”

How much of the design elements did you provide to them?

We let them handle that completely. I just approve designs. Sometimes, they give us a couple of options.

Can you provide a sense of the size of that project or, if not that in monetary terms, just the amount of hours approximately they dedicated to your work?

I wouldn’t be able to. I’m sorry. It’s huge. We’re one of the largest e-commerce sites. Almost anyone we interviewed talked about it. We have a half million SKUs [stock keeping units].

Is the work ongoing?

Yes. Originally, we hired them for one project to redesign, build, and complete the website. Now, it’s an ongoing project because we need functionality, we want changes, and we want updates.

What are the results of the projects?

Phenomenal. We signed up again for a whole other year with them to maintain and update and monitor our site.

Do you happen to have any statistics or metrics that you could share about the success of the site?

We’re very tied to world events, politics. I can tell you complaints about performance. We’re down to from thousands of questions a week to only a couple hundred. At least 80 percent of the complaints have dropped right off.

How did Hudson Horizons perform?

They are very personable. That’s why we actually chose them. They took the time to come just like the others. They sat, talked, and gave us feedback. You aren’t just brushed off on one guy. You’re assigned a team. You deal with the entire team. You don’t have to worry about one individual, one guy going on vacation. They’re a full-size company.

Looking back on the work so far, is there anything that you think they could improve upon or something you might do differently looking back?

They’ve never done anything on our scale. It was new to them this time, but that’s not their fault. One of the reasons we went with them was because of their history and their sales. I think they might have done things differently if they’ve done something on this scale before. I don’t have complaints about it.

COST: 4