Search Marketing Innovations

Hive (F.K.A. Angular) is a leading interactive marketing agency that assists high potential start-ups and established Fortune 1000 organizations launch brands and build sales on the web. Its focus is in designing and launching integrated search marketing, CPC, email, blogging, and online advertising campaigns as a catalyst to the web positioning efforts of high potential new brands or companies.

We encourage you to learn more about our services and commitment to ethical seo.

We have been a part of the web marketing industry since the late 1990's. Focused specifically on Search Engine Optimization in its early years, Hive earned a reputation of "zero to one million", empowering numerous companies to grow to a million in sales. Hive's expansion into the remainder of online marketing has been similarily fruitful, creating the "rent-to-own" strategy for building and sustaining traffic and qualified leads for any web site or business. Subsequently, we were tapped by the Wall Street Journal to provide web marketing expertise to its readership.

Hive always works closely with every client to develop and execute their marketing programs with interactive white-glove service and a dedicated account manager for every client. Hive's commitment to excellence enables us to deliver top results that will bring a higher return on investment to any web marketing project.

Hive also has a suite of innovative marketing tools such as: Removeem.com, PenguinAnalysis.com, PandaRisk.com, Outreachapp.com, nTopic.org, and more!

2002
Morrisville, NC
headquaters
  • Hive Digital
    101 J. Morris Commons Lane, Suite 105
    Morrisville, NC 27560
    919.459.1088

Universities, Hospitals, Foundations, Fortune 500s and SMBs.

Oasis Wellness Digital Marketing

"We've always received a good return on our investment."

Jan. 2004 - Ongoing

The team initially provided web development and design for an e-commerce nutraceutical company. Angular now performs SEO services through link building and paid search in an ongoing relationship.

The Woodlands, Texas
CEO, Oasis Advanced Wellness

The relationship has lasted for over 10 years, and there has been a visible return on investment, with high rankings on dozens of keywords. Angular has integrity and holds themselves accountable for all aspects of the project. Occasionally, there is a miscommunication, but the team always responds quickly.

Please describe your organization and your role and responsibilities.

The company is a nutraceutical company. We sell supplements and vitamins over the Internet as well as providing consulting services. I am the owner and founder.

What was your goal for working with Angular?

We've been with Angular ever since 2004, which is when we began operations. We use them for SEO services.

We used them for SEO work. Back then, they were doing some Web work and Web design for us. We worked very closely with their SEO team, using link building and paid search, which we continue to do with them to this day. We've been very satisfied.

What was your process for selecting Angular with which to work?

I also worked with them before at another job, for a couple of years. We sourced them because we knew what they could do from where I worked before. We also wanted a company that we were familiar with and one that we had already established and proved to be reliable with us. We knew how they worked. We knew their commitment, honesty, and reliability.

Through the years, our investment has been in the thousands of dollars, maybe the hundreds of thousands. We've always received a good return on our investment. If there were ever times that I thought things could be better, they've always been very open to hearing what I had to say. We would talk about ways that we could implement new ideas.

They were always very open to providing us with services that were cost effective for a smaller firm. We shared our budget with them, and they were able to work with us. I can't think of a time when they haven't been able to work within our budget.

We are a small company and, in the beginning, we spent about $1,000 a month with them. Our return on investment was  much more than that.

When was the project completed?

It is still ongoing work now. It’s all SEO [search engine optimization] work and the Web design and development concluded years ago.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

They helped us achieve much higher rankings for dozens of keywords.

I haven't worked with any other companies as closely as I've worked with Angular. In my personal opinion, SEO companies are lot like going to a car dealership. You never know when the salesman is telling you the truth.

We had already established a relationship with Angular, and I've worked with them in some form for about 15 years. It is very important to me that a company I work with has honesty and integrity. Has everything always been perfect? No. They have owned up to anything that needed to be changed. If there was something that they missed, they owned up to it and didn't try to wax it over with something or even blame it on the customer.

That integrity piece is tremendously meaningful to me. I need to know that people tell me the truth, whether it's what I want to hear or not. Angular has always been good in doing that.

There may have been times when I thought that there had been specific instances of small details being missed. I don't really know what to say specifically since those issues were minor and forgettable. We've had a very open relationship. There have been times, as with any company, when you get a little frustrated. However, I've always felt that I could go to them and say that we need to do better on a particular item or that we need to find a solution for a challenge.

There was one time that I was a little concerned about the communication aspect. Because we know them very well, a lot of our communication is through email. It's quick for me, and it's quick for them. There was one time that I felt that they weren't understanding me or they were passing it around. I mentioned it one time, and it was taken care of. It wasn't something they were doing on purpose, but they heard a customer complaint and they did something about it.

I recommend Angular all the time. In my opinion, they are one of the better companies out there...I would trust them with a company that had been in business for 30 years.They are always open and ready to serve...

Digital Marketing for Major Nonprofit

"Angular has a great depth of knowledge on the topic in a way that only people who specialize in it can know."

Angular initially performed SEO for a grant-making nonprofit centered around education and entrepreneurship. The relationship has now expanded to include consulting on analytics and web metrics.

Kansas City, Missouri
Director of Digital Marketing at Non-Profit

Angular has run a successful SEO campaign which has improved keyword searches overall. The team shows great knowledge in SEO and Google analytics. Because they are a boutique firm, there can sometimes be issues with juggling clients, but overall, they are very responsive.

Please describe your company.

I work for a major nonprofit foundation. We have about a $2 billion endowment. We do grant making primarily around entrepreneurship and education. Education is mostly Kansas City-based. Entrepreneurship we look more nationally.

What is your role and responsibilities?

My role is director of digital strategy, so I handle oversight of Web, social media, email, and all related activities.

What was your goal for working with Angular?

We've been using them for quite a while, maybe 10 years or so. Our original engagement was for search engine optimization, and they still help us in this area. We were not showing up on search results for keywords around entrepreneurship, and so they looked at our primary website and suggested some changes, so that was the start of it.

At this point, we still use Angular for SEO [search engine optimization] for several of our sites and they provide consulting on analytics and Web metrics.

We have done some paid search engagements with them the past couple of years. Currently, we're not doing any advertising. We have had a few engagements for consulting here and there on social media. A small percentage of their work is related to content marketing and Google authorship.

What was your process for selecting Angular with which to work?

It probably wasn't that scientific. Since we look at entrepreneurs, we had heard of their founder because he started Angular from his dorm room basically. We'd done a series of articles about young founders, so we just decided to give him a try out and stuck with him since then.

Can you provide a ballpark dollar figure for the size of the work that they've done for you?

We're below $100,000, but above $10,000 annually pretty consistently during the past 10 years more or less.

What were the results of the project?

The SEO and analytics are ongoing and successful.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

It's an ongoing SEO effort. It never stops. We have been well represented for entrepreneurship-related terms. There was a while when we had several results on the first page of returns for entrepreneurship. I think it's gotten a bit more competitive since then, but we still show well.

In that regard, it's been great. It's really hard to quantify anything on the analytics and metric side of things, because that's just sort of pulling together key performance indicator sheets and ongoing discussions about what's performing well and what isn't. We have done some split testing projects like trying to drive more signups for our e-newsletter. I don't remember the exact percentage but, in time, we were able to bump the sign up rates at least several percentage points compared to where they had been through Angular's efforts.

It's hard for me to compare since I've been using them for so long, but my sense is that it feels like a unique team, especially on the SEO side. Angular has a great depth of knowledge on the topic in a way that only people who specialize in it can know the topic, all the ins and outs, how the Google algorithm is operating, etc.

It would be hard for me to find another firm that understands Google analytics and the various KPIs [key performance indicators] as well as Angular. They're a small company, so I get that type of close relationship. I never feel like I'm lost among a crowd of clients. They're very familiar with what we're trying to do. That seems unique compared to a lot of companies in this space.

On the flip side of being a boutique, there's not a lot of bench strength, so there's times when they are pretty stretched to get the amount of attention or the immediate response because I know they're juggling a lot of clients with just a few employees. I'd say this is a fairly minor issue. When I really need to get attention, it will happen without question.

University Health System SEO

"I think the thing that makes Angular stand out is that they are 100 percent focused on SEO."

1,000,000 - 9,999,999

Angular provided SEO for a training hospital for over 10 years on a website with over 40,000 pages. The team worked on special campaigns to increase the visibility of specific programs and offerings.

1,001 - 10,000 Employees

Baltimore Metro Area
Head of Online Marketing, University Health Center

There was a huge increase in site visitors once Angular began to work on SEO. The team had high-up connections in the field through which they were able to get results. They were knowledgeable on new tools and techniques to help with SEO, although did not upsell their ideas enough.

Please describe your company.

I work for a major training hospital run by a state university. We treat patients for every disease and have specialists for many hard-to-treat ailments.

What is your role and responsibilities, please?

I am the director of digital marketing. I am responsible for the website and online marketing.

What was your goal for working with Angular?

We used them for about 10 years, so we had many projects in that timeframe, but I was essentially looking for a very highly qualified partner who could help us with search engine optimization for the long term. We used them for general search engine optimization techniques that could apply to our website across all 40,000 pages of content and then we used them for very specific campaigns where we needed to get higher visibility for very specific programs and services that we offer.

We wanted to get more patients in our hospitals who had particular conditions because we have certain specialists that might be the best in the country for treating certain conditions. Some doctors are focused on these very small, narrow categories of condition, and so we are incentivized to make sure these doctors are getting the right patients to them. That’s where having a good search engine marketing company comes into play; they can help to draw people with specific illnesses to the right doctors.

What was your process for selecting Angular with which to work?

I love this story. When I was looking for SEO [Search Engine Optimization] companies back when Angular was called Virante, I came across this blog post. It showed how Virante had gotten six subdomains listed in the top four spots on Google and their URLs wrote out you.virante.com, should.virante.com, use.virante.com, us.virante.com. I was blown away. It demonstrated to me that there was a group of guys who actually understood, in a very real way, how to do search engine optimization. That’s when we started talking to them. We had them managing our AdWords accounts for many years and it was just consistent month over month, our expenses stayed the same, but our cost per click went down and the number of clicks we got went up. I really can't ask for anything more.

Our overall search engine marketing budget was around $250,000 a year, and they managed the budget. A large portion of money was for the ongoing management of several thousand Google AdWords and hundreds of different groups and accounts. They charged a management fee based on the amount of money we were spending with Google.

What were the results of the project?

We ended the engagement about a year ago for a variety of reasons. We wanted to move the management of the SEO to a company that handles other aspects of digital marketing for us.

Do you have any statistics or metrics to track improvement from the project?

On some pages we went from one or two visitors a month coming to our website because they found us on Google for that keyword to 20 or 30 visitors coming to our site and that would be a success. Even getting one or two of those patients a month would more than cover our expenses with Angular in that case, so it's a very different mindset when that's your end game.

I think the thing that makes Angular stand out is that they are 100 percent focused on SEO. That’s their laser beam focus. They do lots of other stuff, but that's their true focus.

These guys are laser beam focused and they have important contacts in the industry. They could reach out to Matt Cutts [head of Google's Webspam team] and ask a question and get an answer from him. It's not something they use all the time, but when we saw something very unusual happen, they were able to get an answer from Cutts.

They pointed me to cutting edge tools and techniques that I was able to adopt for my website years before anybody else was using them.

I think that they weren't good at doing a lot of the proactive upsells. You know, a real sales company is going to keep coming to you with all sorts of add-ons and ideas and things like that. They were so focused on executing the stuff that they do really well. Months would go by, and I wouldn’t really hear from them. That's one area they could have been a more professional in.

Angular could be the perfect complement to a person like me who is always being proactive with web presence. They might not be the best company if you have no in-house knowledge about the Web.

I'm happy to give them these kinds of recommendations and I don't even use them anymore.