Brand, Build, and Grow

Highforge (est 2001) is an award-winning digital marketing and development agency that helps successful businesses build stronger brands online. They specialize in helping professional services, tech companies, health organizations and ecommerce businesses lead and succeed online.

Highforge specializes in messaging, branding, design, PPC through Adwords and Social, and developing on WordPress and Shopify.

In addition, Highforge is committed to positive social impact The leadership team serves on numerous non-profit boards, all team members get paid volunteer days each month, and the organization provides deep service discounts and pro-bono work to organizations with social/environmental impact.

Core Platforms Supported and Managed:

• Florida Hospital
  • Head and Neck Cancer Alliance
  • Image Skincare
  • Fattmerchant
  • Music City Center (Nashville)
  • Brad Feld
  • Digital Optz
  • American Sign Language Services
  • Sterile Environment Technologies

Web Design & Digital Marketing for Decontamination Company

“Their cutting-edge approach and friendly attitude help distinguish them from their competitors.”

2001 - Ongoing

Highforge spearheaded a web design and digital marketing campaign to cement a company’s position within the market. Currently, they continue to update the site’s design as needed and provide ongoing SEO work.

Jason Roth
Owner, Set3

Highforge’s marketing and design ventures have skyrocketed the site’s visibility, reaching elusive audiences and securing large clients. They’ve cultivated a reputation for up-to-date research, strong analyses, and strategic thinking. In the end, their amicable attitude inspires trust and loyalty.

I’m the owner and CTO of a commercial high-tech cleaning company called Set3. We provide decontaminating services and products for critical environments such as data centers, pharmaceutical manufacturers, and clean rooms. We regulate these environments according to the International Organization for Standardization’s (ISO) guidelines to prevent problematic anomalies. I oversee most of the innovative solutions and training for ongoing procedures.

What challenge were you trying to address with Highforge?

Because we serve an exceptionally niche industry, it’s difficult to expand our business. Most facilities managers for high-tech companies are inaccessible due to security issues, so we could only gain clients through our limited network. In fact, a lot of companies that need us, don’t even know that our services exist. As such, we needed resources to lead our web design and digital marketing efforts.

For the initial site design, they developed a strategic approach tailored to our industry. They conducted a preliminary discovery phase, which involved researching our target demographics and identifying ways to engage them. Afterward, they developed several options for us to look at before finishing the design.

Although we’ve completed the site, it’s a constant cycle of building, tweaking, and rebuilding. We always have plans for future development; whenever we want a full redesign based on the current market, they develop the proposal and pitch it. In terms of digital marketing, they manage our SEO and provide monthly reports.

Over the years, we’ve worked with numerous people. We’ve consistently worked with three of their leaders: Scott (Founder, Highforge), who conducts our initial outlook; the senior graphic designer, who oversees the art direction; and director of marketing, who managed the site’s layout to facilitate digital transactions. Beyond them, we’ve also worked with programming leads and other team members depending on our project needs.

How did you come to work with Highforge?

I’ve known Scott for many years and consider him a friend. Back in the late ‘90s, he introduced me to different ways to promote my company digitally. At the time, SEO was still new. However, he carefully broke down the concept and explained the benefits of using the internet to find prospective clients, so we decided to try it out.

We’ve spent $360,000 thus far.

Their work began in 2001 and is ongoing.

With Highforge’s support, we’ve secured work with prominent organizations in the tech and pharmaceutical industries. Their strategic design and marketing have helped us develop an in-road to a typically closed-off industry. By promoting our information digitally, we’ve become more visible to larger prospective clients. Companies can inform themselves about our business and decide if we’re the right fit, which limits the need to cold-call leads.

How did Highforge perform from a project management standpoint?

Scott understands our company and is skilled at leading these kinds of projects. If we have any issues with the site, they respond to our issues quickly. We can directly email both tech supporters and management depending on the severity of the problem. This ensures that they can prioritize their tasks properly within their ticket system. For more pressing matters, Scott or one of the department heads may get involved.

Not only are they knowledgeable about the most current design trends and security changes, they’re consistently proactive. They always show us any trends, performing in-depth marketing and design analyses. They work efficiently, and the department heads keep the project organized. Their cutting-edge approach and friendly attitude help distinguish them from their competitors.

Though they have plenty of great team members, they might also want to consider onboarding more people with similar skills to grow the business. Over the years, they’ve acquired a lot of unique talent. But if there were an accident or if someone left, someone else would need to fill in their shoes. Hiring and training more staff to supplement their diversity would help mitigate that.

Overall Score I’d never consider working with another company. They’ve been wonderful, and we’ve worked with them for nearly 20 years.

Web Development and Digital Marketing for Orlando Law Firm

“They emphasize their relationship with the customer and build trust from project to project.”

Oct. 2015 - Ongoing

Highforge managed design and development in building a website that facilitates contact and appointment booking. The team is also providing SEO and SEM services.

Scott Schlegel
Partner, Schegel Law Group

SEO and SEM have led to a significant increase in new clients. Effective time management and consistent performance have been key in the partnership’s success across multiple projects.

I’m the owner and a partner at Schegel Law Group. I operate and manage the business while also representing clients in court.

What challenge were you trying to address with Highforge?

We needed to build a new website for our firm to facilitate lead generation.

They managed all aspects of design and development in creating a new site that met all our requirements. The site primarily informs users on the variety of legal services that we provide. Key features include a contact page and scheduling functionality for booking consultations. The Highforge team also provided SEO and search engine marketing (SEM) services. These efforts are currently ongoing.

I worked primarily with Scott (Founder and Creative Director, Highforge) and Sadiq (Director of Client Marketing) depending on where we were on the project timeline.

How did you come to work with Highforge?

They were recommended to us by a colleague of mine. We were considering two or three other local companies in the digital marketing space, but after speaking with Scott, we decided to move forward with the Highforge team.

We’ve invested about $12,000–$15,000 over time.

We started working together in October 2015, and the engagement is ongoing.

I don’t have metrics readily available, but we’ve observed a significant uptick in the number of new clients we’re taking on.

How did Highforge perform from a project management standpoint?

They manage their time very effectively and always follow up when they say they will. They’re honest when the work we ask for is outside of their expertise, which hasn’t happened more than once or twice. Throughout the project, I’ve been very confident working with them. We communicate primarily via email and occasionally over the phone.

They emphasize their relationship with the customer and build trust from project to project. Their loyalty and trust in moving forward with my company has been easy to obtain, and that’s not something I’ve experienced with other vendors.

Web Design & Digital Marketing for Security Company

“The website is our Holy Grail. No one would know about us without it.”

Jan. 2006 - Ongoing

Highforge created a website from scratch and continually provide digital marketing services. They collaboratively designed the site’s frontend and utilize Google Analytics to drive web traffic.

Jill Murphy
CEO, Apex Security

Highforge built a website that modernized a previously archaic business model. They listened to what made the business unique and developed a platform to highlight its best qualities. Their founder leads a talented and devoted team while maintaining frequent communication.

I’m the CEO Apex Security. We provide 24/7 operation of security officers for gated communities, malls, construction sites, and special events.

What challenge were you trying to address with Highforge?

I started my company in 2002 with a traditional approach to business. Scott (Founder & Creative Director, Highforge) came to us at a crucial time to build our website and bring the company into the current century.

Highforge guided us through the process and built our website from the ground up. First, I met with Scott in-person and worked with him to lay out the site’s branding and design. He interviewed me so he so could tell the company’s story through the website. For example, he’d asked me what I wanted to include on the “About” section. I told him the complete company history and he narrowed it down to a digestible amount of content. We went through this process for each aspect of the site. He translated my words into professional copy and created a website that effectively projects our company values.

Currently, they provide ongoing digital marketing services to attract both clients and employee candidates. Highforge works with my team to increase web traffic, track Google Analytics, and manage our Facebook account. They also perform ad hoc projects and help us respond to client RFPs. Scott uses my thoughts and words to create strong bid reports that get us more business.

Scott is my primary point of contact. We’ve worked closely in the past, but I’ve recently decided on a more hands-off approach to management. However, his team still works directly with my team.

How did you come to work with Highforge?

We used to be located in the same building as Highforge, so Scott came up and introduced himself. The relationship grew from there.

We’ve spent at least $80,000–$100,000 for their services over the years.

We started working together in January 2006 and the engagement is ongoing.

The website is our Holy Grail. No one would know about us without it. HighForge modernized how we do business. Before working with them, I would literally go door-to-door with magnets or Christmas baskets looking for leads and often came up short. Since then, we’ve done nothing but grow and expand our clientele.

How did Highforge perform from a project management standpoint?

Initially, we had regular in-person meetings. Our businesses have grown over the years, so Highforge is now located in a different city. However, the friendly relationship between us never stopped. I can still call Scott at a moment’s notice and he’ll pick up to answer whatever question I have. A lot of the Highforge team has worked there for many years and that’s demonstrative of strong executive leadership.

They listened when I explained my company’s brand and what it means to me. I’m constantly competing with larger companies for business, but I succeed because I’m better at the job and can provide a personal touch with a smaller team. Scott’s woven that message into the DNA of the website and potential clients can pick up on that. Highforge has always been there and they reliably deliver on their promises. I don’t give out a lot of recommendations or often fill out reviews because I’m always extremely busy. However, I’m making the time now because I believe in Scott, I believe in his company, and I know what he’s done for us.

Call them and communicate your needs. They’ll take it from there. Entrepreneurs like myself have varying levels of tech-savvy. I didn’t know much going into the initial project, but Scott has educated me and now I’m excited about future developments. Call them if you want to take your company to next level.

They charge a fair price.
    I’ve recommended them many times.

Digital Marketing & Web Design for Local Chiropractor

“We’re so busy now that I’m looking for a new building.”

May 2012 - Ongoing

Highforge rebuilt and redesigned a website on WordPress. They considered creative input but ultimately led the project. Now, they continually provide SEO and run a Google AdWords campaign.

Andrew Merrill
Owner, Nightlight Chiropractic

Highforge’s aesthetically pleasing web design and effective digital marketing have increased business exponentially. They proactively take on new challenges to deliver the best product possible. Executive-level engagement facilitates a transparent and communitive experience.

I’m the owner of Nightlight Chiropractic Clinic. We provide chiropractic and massage services during evening hours.

What challenge were you trying to address with Highforge?

After initially starting the business, we struggled to build a client base. We were in a somewhat secluded area and needed a different way to inform potential patients that we exist. At the time, our online presence consisted solely of an industry-standard website without a call to action. As a result, we reached out to Highforge to provide digital marketing and web design.

Highforge designed and developed our new WordPress website. It was a collaborative process, but they definitely led the way. They also started from scratch to completely revamp our digital marketing efforts. First, they set up an email address and implemented a client intake form on the website. Patients fill out a form on the website and it gets emailed to my staff and me in real time. We also use that form to get in touch with new patients that want an appointment. Additionally, the new landing page makes it easy for Highforge to utilize AdWords and SEO to better market towards valuable clients.

Scott (Founder & Creative Director, Highforge) is my main point of contact. I also work with Sadiq (Director of Marketing Strategy, Highforge).

How did you come to work with Highforge?

I met one of their marketers at a networking meeting. Through that connection, I eventually met with Scott and the relationship evolved from there.

We’ve spent $40,000 thus far.

We started working together in May 2012 and the engagement is ongoing.

The website alone has consistently increased business. At this point, regular communication with Highforge isn’t necessary. I let them do what they do best because customers frequently visit the clinic after finding us on the internet. We haven’t engaged in other marketing strategies beyond the AdWords campaign and SEO, but we continue to grow each year. Since hiring Highforge, we’re doing four or five times more business than when we started with them. We’re so busy now that I’m looking for a new building.

How did Highforge perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re easy to work with, open, and never miss deadlines. We used Basecamp during the WordPress development to track its progress and make sure we liked everything. We had an initial meeting to discuss the AdWords and SEO campaigns. They continue to touch base with us every month.

I like their responsiveness. When I need something done, they quickly engage and work to complete the task.

Sometimes it’s difficult to get in contact with the right person. I’d like to see them improve the seamlessness of their communication approach.

Listen to their recommendations because they know what they’re doing.

They never missed a deadline.
    I do it all the time.

WordPress Backend Development for Communications Group

"They are talented enough to take what we give them on the design side and enhance it with certain features and make suggestions for functionality."

Feb. 2016 - Ongoing

Highforge conducted backend development for several third-party clients. All sites are WordPress-based and customized to include specific needs. Highforge provides ongoing support for all sites.

WInter Park, Florida
Project Director, Communications Group

All sites feature a user-friendly and organized backend. Highforge was dedicated to delivering the best possible product, as they provided assistance beyond the original scope of certain projects. They are transparent regarding timelines and price points, making for a smooth working relationship.

I am a project director at a marketing and PR agency.

What challenge were you trying to address with Highforge?

We prefer to handle the frontend design of websites for our clients, but we needed a reliable vendor to assist with backend development.

All websites we’ve worked with them on have been WordPress-based, though they are capable of using other platforms too. We’ll discuss the goals for a website, and they’ll recommend how to make it most effective for our clients. Sometimes that includes adding an existing plug-in or developing something custom, like an events calendar or a closed portal for specific people with login credentials.

We work directly with the founder when we have new projects, and he will then assign certain developers and project managers.

How did you come to work with Highforge?

They were recommended to us by the IT company we work with.

We began working together in February 2016, and we are still working on a number of projects.

The backends they develop are user-friendly and organized. They build very reliable sites. In certain cases, they have conducting penetration testing and other IT services for websites they did not design for our clients. They have helped us with other services that are out of our service range.

How did Highforge perform from a project management standpoint?

They were transparent in their timelines and cost estimates for each project. We communicated mostly through email and phone calls, but we met in person on occasion.

They are talented enough to take what we give them on the design side and enhance it with certain features and make suggestions for functionality.  They were concerned with making it the best possible end product for our client.

We found it valuable to meet in person and listen to all of their ideas. I would recommend that.

Digital Marketing Outsourcing for Florida Development Company

"It’s obvious that they listen to their clients and care about the work they do."

Apr. 2017 - Ongoing

Highforge provides a variety of design services, including website redesign, logo recreation, and brand messaging. In addition to virtual design services, they provide personalized sell-sheets and templates.

Mason James
COO, WP Valet

Highforge has received overwhelmingly positive feedback in terms of communication, project management, and quality of work. They quickly understand business goals and audience and ensure that projects remain on schedule and within budget.

I am the founder of WP Valet, and our company provides ongoing management support and technical development specific to WordPress.

What challenge were you trying to address with Highforge?

WP Valet doesn’t offer creative services, but many of our customers need a refresh for their design aesthetic or need to re-position their messaging. We needed a partner that we could confidently recommend and introduce to our clients, so they could receive those design and messaging services.

We’ve had a variety of projects with Highforge. At least four have been working with clients that are not happy with an aspect of their website, be it their logo or their messaging doesn’t quite line up. In those instances, Highforge does an initial client discovery call to learn about the client’s business and audience, creates the journey mapping, and develops iterative mockups and logos until getting finalized approval on the comps. They focus on the imaging and messaging for homepages and anything else the client needs design-wise to feel like their vision has been met.

Outside of website rebuilds, Highforge will provide the static assets that a company needs as they’re interfacing with their own customers. Clients will ask for one or two-page sell-sheets or templated decks that they can use to pitch their own services and Highforge will deliver.

Our project manager is the main point of contact, but we also regularly correspond with the CEO.

How did you come to work with Highforge?

Highforge is very involved in local community level meet-ups, and I connected with their CEO at an Orlando event for WordPress where we were both speaking. Meeting him there and talking afterward, we realized there were a lot of interesting things that our companies could do together.

We’ve spent within the range of $100,000.

We began working with Highforge in April 2017, have probably completed five or six projects within the past year, and have several active projects with them.

We’ve had a couple of clients that had zero web presence, but after working with Highforge, have an incredibly beautiful online experience that they’re really happy with.

There have been at least three times when we’ve had clients that have never been happy with their logo, and we will recommend using Highforge as part of a website redesign. All of our clients have come away from working with them really proud of their new logo, or whatever product Highforge delivered. Clients have walked away saying that their logo, brand message, or tone is measurably better than it was before.

How did Highforge perform from a project management standpoint?

The two methods of communication between us are email and a shared Slack channel, which is fairly recent and has allowed our team members to connect directly. Communication between us has been very good.

At this point, we introduce Highforge to our clients and let them own the project management experience specific to the design elements. I believe they use Basecamp as a project management tool with clients. They will also have meetings where they share their screen with the client as they’re working in Photoshop. It lets the client feel like an owner in the process and like they’re making meaningful contributions. We’ve had nothing but positive feedback from clients that work with them.

Before Highforge, we had trouble finding designers that could balance both the artistic and administrative side of the business—really connecting with the clients and their audiences emotionally, while remaining on schedule. However, Highforge can quickly understand what the client needs, the tone they are searching for, and the audience they are reaching and then deliver the product on time. It seems like such a simple thing, but they have consistently delivered for every project over the past year.

Our project manager, who has handled a lot of traffic management and messaging, has interviewed clients, created journey mapping for their customers, and created a message and brand that is concise and tonally accurate for the audience. It’s obvious that they listen to their clients and care about the work they do.

With every project, there’s the opportunity to better prepare clients for the exact project workflow. It would be really valuable to use every client engagement as a chance to pinpoint exactly where the project is in terms of the original plan or schedule. That would help the client see the successful progression.

Have all of your key stakeholders in the initial meeting. Highforge can handle multiple inputs, and by having all of the invested parties present at the beginning, it allows them to ask and respond to any questions ahead of time, and receive as much feedback as possible.

Overall Score We’re very happy with them as a delivery partner. They’re an excellent fit for us, which is why we keep referring them to people.