Expert digital design and development

We are a design led development team focused on creating multi-context user experiences to serve your business’ goals by delighting your users and customers. We design and build websites and apps from scratch or by leveraging popular platforms. We are easy to work with, strategically helpful, and very effective.

Seattle, WA
  • 506 2nd Ave S #3100
    Seattle, WA 98104

Design Work for Start-up Technology Company

“It was clear they wanted me to succeed and made me feel that my project was important to them.”

May 2018 - Ongoing

Helpful Human completed a design sprint for a technology-based startup. They did background research, made suggestions ahead of a prototype test, and will assist with future phases.

Seattle, Washington
Patrick De Smet
Owner, Start-up Technology Company

The week-long sprint is complete and Helpful Human exceeded expectations. They were responsive, competent, and made insightful suggestions.

I’m the owner of a technology-based startup.

What challenge were you trying to address with Helpful Human?

I wanted to do a design sprint for a week and then test a prototype I’m working on. It’s still in the early stages.

We spent a week in their office doing the design sprint. We worked six or seven hours each day to prepare for the test. We went over my ideas over the course of a weekend. We covered assumptions and background research and they guided me through the process. They helped keep me on task and made sure I could enter the market on the right foot. They brought in people to look at the idea. I intend to keep working with them throughout the rest of the process.

I worked with Mark (Founder, Helpful Human) every day. I also worked with Matt (Design Director, Helpful Human) and Aaron (Project Manager, Helpful Human).

How did you come to work with Helpful Human?

I interviewed a few agencies by phone. A larger agency in Seattle recommended Helpful Human and thought they might be a good fit. Their competency, knowledge, and style of communication were impressive and I was confident that they understood what I wanted.

The design was a $15,000 investment that laid the foundation for the business. Moving forward, the first version and MVP will cost around $50,000 and we’ll grow from there.

The design sprint ran for a week in May 2018. They’re finishing a report with all their findings and recommendations. Once they deliver that, we’ll move on to the next phase.

We’ve just completed the design sprint, but I’m very happy with their work so far. They’ve exceeded my expectations. Their experience and expertise played a major part and they were thoughtful and insightful. They challenged me and I appreciated their way of doing things.  It was clear they wanted me to succeed and made me feel that my project was important to them.

How did Helpful Human perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re very responsive and I’m pleased with their work. The design sprint was all done face-to-face in their office but we also communicated by phone and email.

Mark’s scope of knowledge and his ability to communicate are some of their biggest strengths. They’re incredibly trustworthy, competent, and easy to work with.

I don’t have anything negative to mention at this point. I will work with them throughout the coming project and may have more to comment on. So far, everything has gone really well.

Listen to their ideas. They will offer helpful insights to help you get the most out of your concepts. If you have an open mind, the collaboration will be much better.

Overall Score I got a lot of face-to-face time with them and established a strong connection.
    Scheduling has been very good so far. They’ve followed up with everything and I expect the rest of the project will go as smoothly.
    The initial investment defined the projects and was incredibly valuable.
    They exceeded my expectations and outlined everything they hoped to accomplish. Their ideas made sense and turned out better than I hoped.
    I’ve already recommended them.