Making IT Happen!

Managed IT Services are our specialty and we offer a wide range of solutions to fit every business. We take a proactive approach to IT and whether you need someone to monitor and secure your network or take your business to the cloud, we provide you with support and expertise to do so. Giving you time to focus on your business.

Wimberley, TX
  • 15520 Ranch Road 12
    Wimberley, TX 78676
  • 15520 Ranch Rd 12 Suite B
    Round Rock, TX 78665

IT Services for CPA Firm

"They get the job done, and we appreciate all the work they do for us."

2014 - Ongoing

Heart of Texas IT provides outsourced IT services for a CPA firm, including hardware solutions, software installation, and server maintenance on an ongoing basis.

Wimberley, Texas
Marc Berger
Managing Partner, McGinnis & Berger

Their work is well-received, and executives demonstrate a vested interest in long-term outcomes. Heart of Texas IT’s responsiveness and technical expertise make them a valuable partner. Communication can be stifled by slow response times, but efficiency and quality of work generally win the day.

I’m a managing partner of McGinnis & Berger. We’re a CPA firm in central Texas.

What challenge were you trying to address with Heart of Texas IT?

We needed to outsource IT services for our internal users and our infrastructure.

Heart of Texas IT helps us with our hardware solutions, including deploying new laptops for new staff members. They make sure that we're installing the software to connect to our printers. They also support us on our servers (Microsoft and Dell) in two locations. We have an account with HP so we purchase our own laptops. Then we give them to Heart of Texas IT and they install the highly-technical tax software (Lacerte) that we use.

They also help us install drivers for printers, as well as scanners on individual people's desks. They helped us build a VPN tunnel between our two locations. They support our anti-virus, anti-phishing, and server maintenance on an ongoing monthly basis.

We primarily work with Dave and Casey (co-owners, Heart of Texas IT). They do all the higher-end computer connectivity, software installation, and hardware technical support. They've brought in a third person on occasion for some lower level support.

How did you come to work with Heart of Texas IT?

A client referred them to us. They're a good fit for us because we liked that they're local, and they had the technical expertise to do the work that we needed done.

It's a pretty significant cost. We spend between $15,000–$25,000 a year.

We’ve been working together for probably 3–5 years.

While I don't have any specific metrics, we're sufficiently pleased with their work. They always accomplish what we need them to do. Some projects are more technical than others and therefore take longer, but I understand there's a level of complexity involved. They sometimes have to go off and do additional research, which takes time to resolve. Overall, their work is satisfactory.

How did Heart of Texas IT perform from a project management standpoint?

They use a ticketing system where we submit tickets for our work requests. That has been quite helpful. When there’s an issue that they need to address, they ultimately get it done. They're responsive when we let them know that we need additional help.

No, not in particular. They get the job done, and we appreciate all the work they do for us.

If I were to give them any criticism, it's their turnaround time on support calls and general communication. They're a small business so that's not that necessarily a major issue. Every company has something to work on, and that’s the area they could improve.

Overall Score Overall, they've been super.
    Mostly really good, but there were some deadlines they didn't meet.
    I'm a bit critical here because cost analysis is the focus of our business.
    I’d only give a 5 if they were exemplary in every category.
    I’d definitely refer a mid-sized company that hits their sweet spot.

IT Managed Services for Public Library

“They’re the best IT provider in my area.”

Jan. 2016 - Ongoing

Heart of Texas IT provides ongoing IT services. Their efforts include maintaining devices, fixing system errors, and advising product purchases. They also redesigned an existing website.

Wimberley, Texas
Carolyn Manning
Director, Wimberley Village Library

Heart of Texas IT reliably supports a website and a system of hardware devices. They work hard to find viable solutions to complex problems. Their team is readily available through an online portal, email, or phone call. They’re willing to attend on-site meetings and work with clients face-to-face.

I’m a Director of Wimberley Village Library. We’re a public library that serves the community by providing a place to check out books, access the internet, and attend educational events.

What challenge were you trying to address with Heart of Texas IT?

We have always had an IT person on staff, but that position opened up. We decided to try contracting an outside firm rather than hiring another internal resource. We felt our needs required the expertise of an experienced IT provider.

Heart of Texas IT maintains our website and technology network. That includes supporting our staff and public computers. They assist with any issues we might have by accessing our devices remotely. Their team also gives us advice regarding what types of hardware and software we should purchase.

I eventually asked them to revamp our entire website. They accepted the work and implemented a brand new interface. They continue to help keep everything up-to-date. They’ve even trained me to do a lot of regular upkeep myself to keep costs at a minimum.

Their support line is usually operated by a single IT resource or one of the company’s owners.

How did you come to work with Heart of Texas IT?

Their owner had reached out to me previously. Once this opportunity came up, he was the first person I called.

We spend $1,300 on their support services each month. Occasionally, we’ll pay a little extra to have them change up our website.

We started working with them in January 2016, and the engagement is ongoing.

Heart of Texas IT is a small company, so they’re able to provide one-on-one facetime. I like that I know who I’m working with there. I can safely say that we’re better off having them as part of the team.

How did Heart of Texas IT perform from a project management standpoint?

They provide a client portal that allows me to check the status of tickets I’ve put in. I can also email or call their support line directly. Since they’re located close by, they’re able to meet with me on site if necessary. Their team communicates well and keeps me in the loop regarding particular issues. They’re highly responsive.

Heart of Texas IT possesses an in-depth knowledge of modern technology. They’re able to find solutions to problems that our previous resources wouldn’t even consider. They’re the best IT provider in my area.

Their owners have plenty of experience, so they know what they need to do. Heart of Texas IT wants to grow as a business while maintaining a high standard of customer service. Based on my experience with them, they’re heading in the right direction.