How did you select this vendor?
Black Dog Institute selected five digital agencies requesting request for proposal. An project brief document was submitted to all agencies and a competitive process was applied.
We were looking for the following from proposals:
- Some background about their agency
- Details of the process their agency would work through on this project
- Details of who from their team would be involved in this project
- Proposal is in line with budget parameters and timeframes
- Examples of other quality digital projects their agency had worked on
We were looking for the following from the face to face pitch meetings:
- Their interest and understanding of Black Dog Institute and appreciation for our vision
- Their interest and initial understanding of myCompass
- Their initial ideas around how the site could be improved
A scoring system was applied that involved these and other criteria. A panel consisting of myself, reps from the BDI IT team, a clinical lead and the BDI Knowledge Translation Executive.
Describe the project in detail.
Once we selected Heard, a contract pf work was developed and an initial 2 hour exploration workshop was scheduled with their and our project team. Their team has applied heat mapping to the myCompass site to identify some of the existing pain points for users.
In the workshop, their team worked through a series of questions designed to unpack and understand what we wanted in the new design. Three design concepts were presented to us in the coming weeks. We selected one and worked with Heard in iterative process of refinement.
My role in the project was to provide feedback and direction from BDI's side. My role was to also convene internal workshops with key myCompass stakeholders to clarify our needs and expectations.
What was the team composition?
Our primary contact was a designated project manager. In addition, there was a UX/UI lead. Participating in some of the initial exploration meetings/workshops was their Creative Director and SEO expert.