Guardians of your digital future

Gold

Heady is a mobile product consultancy building sustainable innovation through design and technology. We integrate with your team to solve pressing problems, create polished products, and scale results over the short and long term.

Heady delivers mobile experiences for leading brands including David's Bridal, Scotts Miracle-Gro, Hibbett Sports, Gap, Banana Republic, Athleta, Old Navy, TB12, Hudson's Bay Company, and Saks Fifth Avenue.

We have offices in Brooklyn, London, and Mumbai. We design locally and build globally, using teams in clients’ regions who work side-by-side with international engineering talent. Our people collaborate on an equal footing to create cohesive, collectively vetted products. We are proud of our business model, our competitive prices, and our intuitive design.

Here are our most common types of engagements with brands —

1. Designing and Developing: We create best-in-class mobile apps and roadmaps for growing them successfully.

2. Improving: We maintain, analyze, and augment existing apps to make them more useful.

3. Transforming and Growing: We identify and pursue new audiences and strategic directions that bring clients results.

Brooklyn, NY
  • 613, Damji Shamji Business Galleria, LBS Road, Kanjurmarg
    Mumbai, MH 400078

Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Hudson's Bay Company, Saks Fifth Avenue, TB12, Justice, The Wing, Soul Cycle, David's Bridal,  Motel 6,  Scotts Miracle-Gro Company,  Hibbett Sports, Topps

Curbside Image

Curbside

We’ve partnered with Curbside to bring innovation to the construction and demolition industry. Offering a wide-range of products such as Enterprise Solutions, Dispatching Software, and On-Demand Trash Services. Curbside provides clients with all the tools they need to succeed.

Motherhood Image

Motherhood

Motherhood is a curated, easy to digest, content hub for modern, busy parents rooted in Swedish traditions. Scandinavian contributors share from their experiences before, during, after pregnancy, and beyond. For women seeking inspiration or just a moment to relax for themselves.
Heady provided strategy, UI/UX Design, engineering and QA services for their responsive Wordpress site.

David's Bridal Image

David's Bridal

David’s Bridal is a clothier in the United States that specializes in wedding dresses, prom gowns, and other formal wear. It is the largest American bridal-store chain. Heady provided strategy, engineering and QA services for their Android and iOS apps.

Motel 6 mobile apps Image

Motel 6 mobile apps

The Motel 6 mobile apps makes searching, booking, and confirming your stay across 1,400+ Motel 6 and Studio 6 properties a breeze. By using mobile-first technologies such as location services, in-app messaging, stored personalized settings, the apps contribute to increased loyalty and conversion rates of Motel 6.

Scotts MyGarden App Image

Scotts MyGarden App

MyGarden is an app for the 21st century gardener. It inspires you with projects and gives you the information you need to turn that inspiration into action: creating your very own little spot on the Earth.

Scotts MyLawn App Image

Scotts MyLawn App

The My Lawn app from Scotts simplifies lawn care by creating an easy-to-follow lawn maintenance plan so you know the right products to use at the right time. Simply tell the app a little about your lawn and it will help you know what to do to get your lawn the way you want.

Colour - In home hairstyling for women of color

Colour is the first app for in-home hairstyling, on demand, created by women of color, for women of color.

Debra had set up a network of hair stylists, and sent them out to clients who called her home phone. We transitioned that low-tech stylist network system into a more efficient iPhone app.

Colour - In home hairstyling for women of color Image

Colour - In home hairstyling for women of color

Ongoing Mobile App Development for Sportswear Company

"They have good customer service and take care of their clients."

$1,000,000 - $9,999,999

Oct. 2018 - Ongoing

Heady built features and functionalities for iOS and Android apps. They created an e-commerce omnichannel with product listings along with a raffle for customers and an admin panel for inventory management.

5,001-10,000 Employees

Birmingham, Alabama
Bill Quinn
SVP - Digital Commerce, Hibbett Sports

They’ve successfully built and managed a stable customer-facing raffle system that has proven to be a major driver of revenue. Heady is a reliable service provider. They meet challenging demands and work as part of the in-house team.

I’m the senior vice president of digital commerce for Hibbett Sports. I lead our e-commerce efforts and I’m responsible for our overall marketing. We’ve been in business for almost 75 years and we have about 1,100 stores in small to mid-sized markets. About 75 percent of our business is footwear and we also sell athletic apparel and sporting goods.

What challenge were you trying to address with Heady?

We launched our website and our plan was to launch an app as well. A big part of our customer base is sneakerheads—people who love buying sneakers. We knew an app would be essential for the business. Hettie took over development from a previous partner to continue the constant improvement and development of our Android and iOS apps.

They’ve worked on a mobile e-commerce solution with online product listings. Heady created an omnichannel component that allows customers to buy online and pick up their orders in-store. They’re doing everything from design to development to strategy.

When we have a major shoe launch, we run a raffle. Customers can sign up for the raffle in the app, and winning the raffle gives them the right to purchase the shoe in one of our stores. We do the raffle for hot, limited edition shoes where we might only have 5,000 shoes and 100,000 people want to purchase them. We run the raffle up to 2­–3 times per week.

There’s also a store portal that they run. Our stores log in through that site and they’re able to see the winners have the shoes prepared for when the customer walks in to make their purchase.

We typically meet with 2-3 people from the organization. They pull in broader resources as needed. My point of contact is Marina (Mobile Product Manager, Heady).

How did you come to work with Heady?

Our previous developer had a partnership with them, so we considered their abilities as well as the cost involved, and we felt there was a better value. We used them in conjunction with our previous development partner until that company was sold to a third party, at which point we transitioned to using Heady exclusively.

We spend more than $1 million per year.

We started working with them in October 2018 and the engagement is ongoing.

Heady has made the raffle a success for us. It’s a major traffic and revenue driver for our stores, so it’s absolutely essential that it works correctly and that we continue to add features and benefits to that process. They’ve improved the experience from a feature and functionality perspective and a stability perspective.

They’re good at tackling difficult problems. For example, there’s an incredible amount of logic and infrastructure built around the raffle. Tens of thousands of people join the raffle, and Heady has to choose the size and 1­–3 locations they could win at and then randomly select the winners. Then, they send the winners push notifications through text and email. Some people don’t respond and therefore forfeit, so we have to run a second raffle the same day.

We’ve also measured our sales, traffic, downloads, star ratings on the app stores, and raffle statistics, such as how many people signed up and the overall sales of the listed shoes. Their work has been fast and defect-free. We haven’t often had to rework things with them, which is great.

How did Heady perform from a project management standpoint?

We meet three times a week to go through the project roadmap and discuss any open issues or changes in direction. Marina is a very strong project manager; she’s basically part of our team and Heady is basically an extension of our team. They have good customer service and take care of their clients.

I’ve been in the app space since 2008 and I’ve had my ups and downs, I’ve had to switch providers multiple times. We really wanted the best in class and we needed something very stable that could scale. We weren’t looking for something lightweight and cookie-cutter. They met our needs, which is a tough ask. They have good capabilities.

No, we’re very satisfied. We definitely want to invest more in them, so we might need them to scale next year.

I think communication is key. Communicate well in terms of what you’re looking to do. Involving them in the process and discussion is critical.

App Development for Travel Startup

"Heady provides a lot of value by parsing out what’s absolutely necessary for launch and what can wait."

Jun. 2019 - Ongoing

Building off existing designs and backend code, Heady is developing an app for a travel startup. Key features include an itinerary creator, a profile builder, and search functionality.

Brooklyn, New York
Founder & CEO, Travel Startup

Still in development, their work has received positive feedback from key stakeholders. The team corrects bugs quickly and responds promptly to all concerns. Heady’s ability to adapt to existing specifications helps make them a valuable partner. They also offer useful tactical advice.

I'm the founder and CEO of a travel startup that provides curated itineraries to millennial travelers. We are a peer-to-peer platform that connects travelers with local guides.

What challenge were you trying to address with Heady?

We’re quite early stage. I was looking for an agency that could help us do the initial build for an MVP. I’d been working with a freelancer but it was moving too slow. I wanted more professionalism and structure around the build. I had all the designs already done, so I was looking for a partner that could work with what we had. It was also important to quickly get to market and not spend seven months in development.

We brought them the existing designs and backend built by the freelancer. Heady worked with the freelancer for two weeks to learn the way that he built it and his logic on the code. From there, Heady took over the development of the MVP.

They helped us prioritize the scope of work. We talked through each component to figure out what was absolutely necessary for the MVP and what we can put on the roadmap for post-launch. The main features of the product for the market are an itinerary creator, a profile builder, and search functionality.

I initially worked with their lead product manager. After the first few weeks, they transitioned the project an associate product manager. There’s also a lead developer in Brooklyn and three engineers in India (one full time and two part time). They added a product manager in India as well who works on the design.

How did you come to work with Heady?

I met Andrea (Managing Director, Heady) through our membership in a local coworking space. She helped me get connected. A lot of other shops didn't want to deal with our existing backend. From the beginning, Heady agreed it was usable and said they could work with what we had. I was also transparent about my budget and desired timeline, and they were able to customize a solution to fit my needs.

The other reason I chose them was my connection to the people that worked there. They're super friendly. Andrea was so supportive and enthusiastic about the product. Everyone at Heady was excited to work on a design and build for an early-stage startup.

The full scope will be around $100,000. It's all based on hourly work. Their development fees are $60 per hour for the engineers in India. The team in New York is between $120–$160 per hour. They provided that breakdown of cost at the beginning and have stuck to it throughout the build.

Work began in June 2019 and the engagement is ongoing. The first beta will be done at the end of September or beginning of October. We plan to continue working to build out additional features into early next year.

I'm really happy with their work and their approach. It's hard to give key metrics at this point. Heady provides a lot of value by parsing out what’s absolutely necessary for launch and what can wait. I’m confident that they have a clear sense of the roadmap. They give me a lot of visibility into what they're working on each day. They immediately follow up about any problems or roadblocks. They've been transparent about the entire process.

Their frontend engineer is really good at implementing the visual aesthetic. I was concerned that the design would break down once it went through development. They've been so efficient with its implementation. The frontend is simple and true to the original design.

How did Heady perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management has been good. I meet with them all the time. I'm probably in contact with them 2–3 times a week. Heady sends me weekly updates and they're super responsive on Slack and email. One of my main concerns was that I'd never had contact with the people who are actually doing the work. That’s not the case at all. While the majority of communication happens in New York, they do daily standups with their team in India. I've joined a few times when they had a new design to show me.

I really like that there’s a connection to the team in Mumbai. I've met them. They're really nice and they speak great English, which makes it really easy to work together. In particular, the product manager in India is great. She’ll comment on InVision and ask questions about the design or flag items that don't make sense.

I don't think so. I've been really happy with Heady. I’d recommend them to anyone who's looking to do a design and build.

Be really transparent about what you need. Also be open to letting them figure out what's necessary and what's not. If you come in with openness about your designs, Heady will work with you to quickly achieve your business objectives. If you have a tight deadline, let them take control of the roadmap. They’ll make it happen by the date you need.

I highly recommend them.

Web App Development for Snack Company

“How much they care about their clients impressed me.”

Jan. 2017 - Sept. 2017

Heady provided development services, building a progressive e-commerce app through the company’s existing Shopify backend.

Teresa Tsou
Co-Founder, Pipsnacks LLC

The Heady team produced an excellent application, offering insights into the digital shopping experience and what users are looking for. They were passionate, dedicated, and brought plenty of skill and experience to the project.

I’m the co-founder of Pipsnacks LLC, a family of healthy snacks with non-GMO heirloom mini corn.

For what projects/services did your company hire Heady?

Our e-commerce business is a strong channel for us. We hired Heady to help us build out a progressive web app to offer an enhanced shopping experience on mobile devices.

Our goal was to create an easy-to-use web app for our mobile shoppers. Importantly, we wanted it to work with our Shopify backend.

We’re based in the same place, so we loved having the Heady team right down the hall to discuss design ideas, troubleshoot, and keep to our launch calendar. We felt that they really understood our brand and showed a lot of excitement around our business, so we were completely taken care of.

Before the project, we didn’t have a mobile-optimized website, despite a large percentage of our customers shopping on their mobile devices. Heady helped us fill this gap and created a better shopping experience, without the cost of creating a full-blown app.

Rahul (CEO, Heady) was involved in the process. We worked closely with him and a project lead from beginning to end.

They gave us insights into how mobile shoppers utilize their phones and what aspects of their shopping experience are most imperative in generating the sale.

It was very effective. They set up tools like Slack that made it really easy to communicate and keep to the timelines.

How much they care about their clients impressed me. Rahul is such a passionate business owner with tons of corporate experience—he really made us feel like a part of the Heady family and did everything to make sure we were happy with the result.

Working with them was always fun and educational; we were always excited to meet and talk about the project which speaks to Rahul's ability to manage the process and our expectations. We love the team and could not recommend them more.

No, I can't think of anything.

iOS & Android App Dev for Lawn and Garden Brand

"They operate as an extension of my team, which is incredibly valuable."

Dec. 2017 - Ongoing

Heady executes enhancements for a native iOS and Android application. Services include UI/UX improvements. They release multiple updates each year.

5,001-10,000 Employees

Ohio, United States
Digital and Content Director, Lawn and Garden Brand

The improvements have increased internal efficiency. From a strategy perspective, the app is achieving desirable qualitative results. Heady is a collaborative partner with excellent remote and in-person communication skills.

I’m the digital and content director for a group of lawn and garden brands.

What challenge were you trying to address with Heady?

We hired Hedy to provide engineering and strategic advice services for our existing mobile applications. We needed an expert vendor to help us best utilize the platform and move our business ahead.

The native iOS/Android app is a lawn care and task reminder solution. Heady works on UI/UX improvements and helps select appropriate technologies for ongoing enhancements. We update the app several times per year.

The 5–10-person team includes a project manager, a business analyst, a UX resource, separate Android and iOS developers, and QA specialists across both platforms.

How did you come to work with Heady?

One of our mobile partners referred Heady. We tried the team out in a small capacity and then gave them more work over time.

We started working together in December 2017 and the partnership is ongoing.

It’s now easier for my team to implement strategies within the app. Our team cannot disclose specific quantitative metrics. But we are happy with the engagement’s qualitative results.

How did Heady perform from a project management standpoint?

They are fantastic. The teams hold in-person meetings when we need to be in the same place. Otherwise, we communicate via Slack, SMS, and Google Hangouts.

They operate as an extension of my team, which is incredibly valuable.

No. They address all of our requests. I think they’re great and I assume other customers agree.

Strategy and Web Development for Curated Content Site

“They really take the product on as their own.”

Mar. 2017 - June 2017

Heady converted a dysfunctional, unattractive website to Wordpress, providing design and development consultation and execution.

Stockholm, Sweden
Founder , Motherhoodstudio

Heady consistently provided useful updates, industry insights, and feedback. Its team optimized individual skill-sets to effectively execute project management. Time-zone differences had no effect on communication and the final design effectively attracts the target market.

I am the founder of a curated content platform for modern parents.

For what projects/services did your company hire Heady?

I originally launched the site with a different agency who did not provide the functionality I needed for sharing and optimizing content. I hired Heady to completely convert the custom platform to wordpress.

I wanted to work with someone who was knowledgeable and trustworthy to guide the conversion process with objectives and functionality at the project’s forefront.

A friend of mine recommended Heady to me, who—alongside other freelancers—I met with to discuss project scope. Heady stood out to me because of their honest, objective advice and transparent quotes.

We kicked off with a strategy meeting to clearly communicate the company’s mission and goals for the upcoming project. Afterwards, we began identifying specific plugins, tools, and customizable Wordpress themes to use for optimizing cost-effectiveness while still achieving aforesaid goals. For the next couple of weeks, the designer advised me on best web-design practices, branding and content structure; the product manager used a roadmap to effectively supplement meetings that provided short- and long-term recommendations; even the developer worked with me directly to show progress, tweak details and offer new options. A QA specialist, who I rarely interacted with, delivered a site practically free of bugs.

I had the same team throughout the project, which included one product manager, one designer, one developer, and one QA specialist.

The original site lacked half the capabilities of the current one. An associate commented that my first site looked home-made; the current site’s professional and beautiful design has attracted collaborators and photographers who create the kind of content I want to optimize and share.

The project management was seamless. Heady used Clubhouse, Google Hangouts, Skype, and Slack to help facilitate on-time meetings where objectives were set and feedback was provided. Despite my working out of Sweden (and only visiting the Heady team a couple of times), the Heady product and design team working out of Brooklyn and the Heady developer working out of India, there were no lags.

They really take the product on as their own. When I previously worked with another agency, they only delivered exactly what I told them to, without providing industry insights, new ideas, or critical feedback. Heady, however, took the time to understand my goals, leveraging their team members’ diverse skill-sets to best reach them. They even provided cost-effective short- and long-term budget trade-off options to help me save money and feel confident in my decisions.

Overall Score Great team, Great products, Great Ideas.
    They were seamless concerning their schedule.
    The work was very high quality.
    I have already referred Heady to friends.

App Maintenance for Hotel Management Company

“Everyone is open to our suggestions and understands what we need. They’re incredibly easy to work with.”

2017 - Ongoing

Heady took over app maintenance and minor enhancements after another firm developed the app. They improved location-based services and enhanced users’ customizable settings.

Texas
Director, Quality and Brand Experience, Hotel Management Company

Heady is skilled in OS management and understands the app well, even though they didn’t create it. They understand the end users’ needs and adjust the app to better meet them. The team is highly responsive and communicative, incorporating feedback in a timely manner.

I’m the director of quality and brand experience of a hotel management company. I’m responsible for the quality program for all of our brands and some e-commerce, including the mobile app.

What challenge were you trying to address with Heady?

We partnered with an agency to build a brand new mobile app. Once we finished, we realized it didn’t make sense to keep a whole firm on the payroll; we only needed maintenance and periodic enhancements. We began looking for an alternative solution that had the same qualifications as a well-known agency without the high price point.

Our app is native for both iOS and Android. Heady currently maintains them and develops any enhancements or new features. Their work is ongoing but not from scratch. The app is a mobile booking engine that allows our guests a higher level of personalization. It stores their settings, offers special rates, and uses location to suggest nearby hotels.

Because we used location services, we had latency concerns in metro areas that had a high amount of our properties. We have over 1,000 properties, so the app could take quite a while to load all those options. Heady helped resolve that issue, along with other concerns like property images and other service calls.

We mainly work with our project manager and the lead engineers for iOS and Android.

How did you come to work with Heady?

They were a referral. We checked them out and asked for references. Once we decided they’d be a good fit, we hired them.

We’ve been working with them for about a year.

Heady not only has technical expertise with native operating systems, but they also understand our brand, voice, and client base. They do a great job of working with an app they didn’t develop and enhancing it to better meet our customers’ needs.

How did Heady perform from a project management standpoint?

We don’t have any problems. I tend to work fairly long hours, and whenever I reach out to Heady, someone responds back right away.

We’re an honest company that provides direct feedback when needed, and Heady never has an issue with that. Everyone is open to our suggestions and understands what we need. They’re incredibly easy to work with.

They’ve sometimes moved people around without letting us know, and I don’t like people working on my app that I’ve never met. They should talk with their clients beforehand to make sure everyone’s on the same page.

Mobile App Development for Waste Removal Company

“It feels like their whole team is there to contribute to the betterment of the client.”

2017 - Ongoing

Heady designed and developed a web and mobile (iOS and Android) app, including an internal and consumer-facing platform. Following an MVP, their team continues to iterate and develop the technology.

Brooklyn, New York
Michael Marmo
Founder, Curbside

Heady's deliverables have exceeded expectations thus far. Quick to fix bugs and agile in their approach, working with their team has been a breeze. They're accessible and proactive in bringing as much expertise to the table as possible, including the interest of the CEO.

I'm the founder of Curbside Inc, a demolition and waste removal company. We provide dumpsters, containers, and other items to contractors, property managers, developers, etc. We're also building proprietary technology products for the space for both internal and external use.

What challenge were you trying to address with Heady?

We needed a development partner to help us build our technology products, including web and mobile applications.

Heady developed a web and mobile (iOS and Android) app, including wireframes and design. It includes an internally used application as well as a consumer-facing product. We'll eventually be working on some augmented reality technologies as well.

We work with the CEO, a project manager, and five full-time app developers on iOS, Android, backend, frontend, and QA.

How did you come to work with Heady?

I knew the owner of another development company, but their prices were a little out of our range, so they recommended we reach out to Heady.

We've invested under $200,000.

We started working with them about five years ago. The original MVP they created took about four months, and we recently went into the second phase for the full year.

Their deliverables thus far have been excellent. There have been bugs here and there, but they're quick to fix them.

How did Heady perform from a project management standpoint?

From our perspective, the engagement has been excellent. They've been very effective and agile in helping us. Since our engagement is longterm, they've basically become a subset of our team.

They're accessible; people on their team are always willing to help or contribute when I reach out, regardless of whether they're assigned to the project or not. In meetings, they're proactive about pulling in additional resources to bring more expertise to the table. It feels like their whole team is there to contribute to the betterment of the client. Their CEO is regularly involved and attends meetings he doesn't necessarily need to be in just to better understand our needs and come up with different solutions where needed.

Have an open mind. Technology isn't perfect; it takes a lot of iteration. One of the big mistakes a lot of startups make is expecting their vision to translate exactly. Heady can look at things from a technical perspective and make suggestions that might improve on your ideas. When looking for the best solution, it's important to leave your ego at the door and listen to input from a group of talented developers like Heady's team.

Mobile App Dev & Maintenance for Bridal Store

“I feel as though their team is a part of ours; they basically act as the product owner of our mobile app.”

June 2017 - Ongoing

Heady's team maintains, updates, and adds to previously built code of a mobile app (iOS and Android). They assist in the build out of certain features, including quizzes and e-commerce capabilities.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Product Manager, Bridal Store

Heady's team handled the transition of the mobile app from a previous vendor almost seamlessly, promptly cleaning up any bugs or issues as needed. Despite the demanding nature of projects, their team provides creative solutions that consistently meet deadlines and exceed expectations.

I work in the customer experience and product management group for a bridal store chain. My responsibility is to make sure our technology initiatives are adding value to our company and customer experience.

What challenge were you trying to address with Heady?

We were looking to outsource the development and management of our mobile app. Another vendor had already developed the app, but we were looking for less expensive options for maintaining the app in its mature stage.

The previous vendor transitioned the app (iOS and Android) to Heady's team, which is now actively working on adding to, cleaning up, and maintaining the previously built code.

Within the app, brides can curate their favorite dresses and wedding products prior to coming into their appoint in one of our stores. One feature Heady built out is a quiz to help determine a particular bride's personal style and dresses she may be interested in. While e-commerce capabilities are built into the app, the main function is to encourage and prepare users to make in-store appointments through the app.

I work with a wonderful product manager, Andrea (Senior Product Manager, Heady). We throw a lot of work at her without a lot of context, but she's handles it perfectly. I couldn't manage the app without her help.

We also work with an iOS engineer, an Android engineer, a QA resource, a backend developer, and a development operations engineer.

How did you come to work with Heady?

The vendor that originally built the app recommended them to us.

We've invested about $600,000.

The transition of the app from our previous vendor to Heady occurred between April to June 2017, and they continue to maintain it for us.

The transition went smoothly. We ran into a few issues when we attempted to launch the previous vendor's code, but Heady's team did everything they could to clean it up and fix any bugs, remaining extremely engaged and responsive throughout the process.

How did Heady perform from a project management standpoint?

Heady's team delivers satisfactory results, despite our often unreasonable demands. We tend to throw them many tasks at the last minute, but their team remains responsive and has never missed a deadline.

Andrea connects with me a couple times every other week to go over the status of their work, providing clear expectations on both deliverables and timelines.

I feel as though their team is a part of ours; they basically act as the product owner of our mobile app. Despite the lack of context or time I provide Andrea, I can completely trust her to deliver great results in the best interest of our company. I couldn't do it without her.

No. They've been wonderful.

App Development for Audition Startup

"They were prompt and professional but lighthearted."

Heady designed and built an MVP to attract potential investors, collaboratively strategizing possible screens and iterating a preliminary version of the app. They now manage enhancements.

Jordana Grolnick
Founder, Monitor

The prototype received positive reactions from industry members due to its engaging UI/UX design and clear value proposition. Heady’s creativity, impressive organizational abilities, and eagerness to implement feedback continue to drive business opportunities.

I'm the founder of an organization seeking to enhance the audition process for actors and casting directors by moving materials to a digital platform.

For what projects/services did your company hire Heady?

Heady designed a prototype of our app.

We wanted a minimum viable product (MVP) to present to a potential investor/business partner. We also needed help with fleshing out our idea.

Heady was recommended to us, and we decided to work with them after a few phone calls. They clearly knew what they were doing and had the right creative approach. We clicked with them as people and felt they could be trusted with our idea.

We described to Heady how we wanted our app to function. After we taught them about the industry, we formulated a plan for designing screens that would offer the best presentation for our investor. Then, we worked closely with their team to iterate a preliminary version of our app.

Heady’s CEO, product manager, and graphic designer worked in tandem to deliver our product.

We're insanely happy with how the app turned out. Industry members have responded positively to the MVP.

Heady was incredibly easy to work with and always communicative. The team received and implemented feedback exactly as we requested. They were prompt and professional but lighthearted. Through their collaborative approach, the team took the project above and beyond what we could have done on our own.

They had the ability to learn about this esoteric industry, ingest the information, and deliver a product that demonstrated their understanding. They were impressively organized and orchestrated the creative process in a beautiful way.

No, I didn’t have any concerns.

They couldn't have been more accommodating and stayed on top of their timelines.
    They're worth the price.
    They delivered a solution that exceeded what we envisioned.
    I'd very likely refer them.

Android App Dev for Consumer Marketplace Startup

"They're proactive, incredibly communicative, and reliable."

Oct. 2016 - Ongoing

Heady helped develop an Android app for a startup that created an online marketplace for gift card resale. Specifically, they worked on the app’s UX and landing pages.

Head of Mobile, Consumer Marketplace Startup

Since Heady’s involvement, the client’s app score rating and user feedback have dramatically improved. Because of Heady’s seamless integration into the client’s team environment, they decided to retain Heady for future app updates.

We sell new and slightly used gift cards that customers don't want anymore. We redistribute them in a marketplace model so that buyers can save money on things that they buy. We have an app for Android and iOS. We allow people to buy gift cards and use them on the go through our mobile experiences.

What challenge were you trying to address with Heady?

We needed to augment the work being done by our Android team.

We had an existing code base, and they helped us with the development by providing two Android developers and a project manager. They helped us with implementation and the technical architecture. They helped us to migrate to a new controller model and to build out our MVVM [Model-View-ViewModel] architecture. They've helped with notifications and authentication. Most of it has been the layout and design of views.

How did you come to work with Heady?

They were originally given to us as a referral from another agency that didn't have time to take on the work we needed. At that time, we looked at a few other agencies. For this project, we had worked with them already and had enjoyed the experience, so we knew it was a good match. Once we filled this position, we kept them on because of their price.

How much have you invested with Heady?

The Android project cost between $20,000 and $30,000 per month.

The first project we did with them was November 2015 to July 2016. For this project, we began working with them in October 2016, and the work is ongoing.

The app is live, but we continue to make enhancements. They helped us build some critical landing pages leading up to the holiday season, which is our biggest time of year. We don't have consistent metrics being a startup. Every new winter season, we end up selling many more cards than we did the last year. Our performance through Heady's involvement has allowed us to manage things better internally. They've helped us clean up our code base and roll out new features without downtime. They've helped us optimize the user experience so it's not hanging. Both our customer perception and Play Store ratings have improved. Our internal NPS [net promoter score] has gone up more than 15 points.

How did Heady perform from a project management standpoint?

They've been great. It's not been obvious that they're outside the United States because our project manager is in New York. They have integrated clearly with our tools. They're on our clubhouse accounts – Slack and GitHub.

What did you find most impressive about Heady?

There is zero language barrier, which surprised me. They're proactive, incredibly communicative, and reliable. There's much comradery and collaboration between our teams.

Are there any areas Heady could improve?

I can't think of anything.

On a project like this, deadlines are aspirational.

Gold