Results Are Everything

HawkSEM helps companies grow their revenue through ROI-driven digital marketing programs that make clients smile. Smiling is a very good thing.

2006
Los Angeles, CA
  • 10940 Wilshire Blvd. #1600
    Los Angeles, CA 90024
  • United States

Microsoft, DirecTV, Siemens, Mighty Leaf Tea

SEO Strategy for Environmental Non-Profit

“They have the expertise, knowledge, and time to push things forward on their own.”

Oct. 2016 - Ongoing

HawkSEM helped a nonprofit organization fulfill grant requirements. They tidied keyword lists, made the account more identifiable, and helped clean up practices and spending.

Oakland, California
Communications Director, As You Sow

Thanks to HawkSEM’s efforts, site traffic more diverse. They were willing to play an independent role and functioned with very little guidance. They understood difficult concepts and maintained an appropriate level of communication.

I am the communications director of a nonprofit. We work with shareholders on issues like environmental impact or wage inequality and introduce resolutions to move companies toward more ethical standards.

What challenge were you trying to address with HawkSEM?

Our nonprofit receives a Google grant for our use. In January, the rules changed. We needed to meet a new set of standards to avoid having our grant revoked. We lacked key expertise and wanted a team to help us fulfill some of those requirements.

One of our biggest issues was our keywords were too broad. We went afoul of the rules and Google rejected a lot of the terms that weren’t directly related to what we do. Hawk helped us get above our required thresholds for traffic and budgetary efficacy. They helped us clean up our practices and change our spending.

They helped us name our account properly so it was more identifiable. They also eliminated bad keywords and other issues so we could move forward with our grant.

We mainly interact with Victoria (SEM Manager, HawkSEM).

How did you come to work with HawkSEM?

I worked with them at a previous position and they did a good job. I knew I could give them work and then concentrate on other things. We couldn’t devote a lot of time internally to search engine marketing, so I felt they would be a good fit.

We’ve spent about $2,500.

We started working together around October 2016. The work is ongoing.

The biggest impact is our traffic sources. Before they joined us, our traffic was about 90% referrals. With their help, we’ve diversified our traffic sources. We’re now split evenly between referrals, paid search, organic search, and direct users.

How did HawkSEM perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve done a great job. I gave them all the information I could and let them get to work. I offered a little guidance for subject matter that was difficult to parse and they picked up very quickly.

We set up the relationship and let them take over the project. I give them directives and particular goals but manage them very little. They have the expertise, knowledge, and time to push things forward on their own.

I don’t have any recommendations. I have exactly the communication I want with them.

Paid Advertising Strategy for Real Estate Firm

"We've seen an increase in leads from their PPC work."

2013 - Ongoing

HawkSEM provides PPC and paid advertising services, putting together geotargeting campaigns, assisting with content, helping to improve the web presence.

Atlanta, Georgia
CEO, Real Estate Firm

Their work has proven significant, with leads from the site increasing as a result of their efforts. They collaborated effectively, working in partnership with the in-house staff, and always responding to any questions quickly and precisely.

I'm the CEO of a real estate firm.

What challenge were you trying to address with HawkSEM?

We needed help with online advertising. We had previously worked with another company and their promises compared to what they delivered were way off.

They helped me get all my UIs in order by taking care of some landing pages as well as custom development work. They also helped us make our website presence more efficient to allow for the most conversions. They put campaigns together for me that makes sense in terms of geotargeting where the best spend is for the return. They've also done paid advertising for us, but we stay away from SEO. We worked together on forming a keyword list. I give them the roadmap, but they help with content as well.

I'm mostly in contact with Sam (Marketing Director, HawkSEM).

How did you come to work with HawkSEM?

I found them online. I spoke to some of the team about what I was doing, and it seemed like they had a nice balance. PPC isn’t isolated and there are a lot of other factors that go into it.

We spend around $13,000–$14,000 a year with them.

We began working with them in 2013 and the work is ongoing.

The impact of their work has been significant. In general, we've seen an increase in leads from their PPC work.

How did HawkSEM perform from a project management standpoint?

There is no one more responsive than them. If I have a problem, I can get an answer immediately, which is one of the things I like most about them.

They work hand-in-hand with me, trying to figure things out, which is impressive. Some of these projects are complex and they have the ability to help me with other parts such as the landing pages and other things so that I don’t have to go elsewhere. Their response time is amazing which is important for me, especially on the PPC and developer side of things.

I've been through the process of looking for a company that handles PPC. Save yourself that difficulty and give them a try. Try them out for three months and you will be super happy with the service.

Paid Search Strategy for Public University

"They hit the ground running, learning what our programs are and fine-tuning the strategy around the keywords in the ad copy."

2014 - Ongoing

HawkSEM provided SEO strategies to increase the visibility of educational programs. They curated ad copy and relevant keywords for 20 different campaigns and suggested tactics to yield greater Google results.

1,001-5,000 Employees

California
Director of Marketing, Public University

HawkSEM has produced 40% additional leads at a reduced cost per lead when compared to a previous vendor. HawkSEM is mindful of higher education trends in order to develop a greater understanding of the landscape, and their stable project management has been critical to the project’s success.

I work within the College of Graduate, International, and Midcareer Professionals at a public university on the West Coast. I am the director of marketing and communications.

What challenge were you trying to address with HawkSEM?

We were unhappy with the pricing and results of another paid search vendor, so we explored other options.

We work with them on our Google paid search and some retargeting, as well. We have about 20 different campaigns with them. For our purposes, a campaign correlates to a different program, like a master’s in humanities or a certificate in business, and within each campaign, there is a unique set of keywords, ad copy, and in some cases geotargeting. They help us create the strategy, manage the bidding, and keep toward our target cost per lead.

We’ve had the same account managers throughout the course of our relationship.

How did you come to work with HawkSEM?

When we first started working with them, it was on a test basis because we wanted to see results from their work on some of our campaigns compared directly with those same campaigns for our existing vendor. And HawkSEM far outperformed them, so that made me feel comfortable giving them the rest of our programs, as well. We fully transitioned our strategy to them. They also made suggestions for improvements to our landing pages and how we could optimize the language there so that it’s better aligned with the keywords and raise our quality scores to get us better results through Google.

We began working together at the end of 2014, and it is still ongoing.

The numbers clearly speak for themselves. They brought in 40% additional leads at a cost per lead that was half that of our previous vendor. They hit the ground running, learning what our programs are, and fine-tuning the strategy around the keywords in the ad copy.

How did HawkSEM perform from a project management standpoint?

We have weekly calls with our account managers. Having the same account managers has been tremendously helpful because they know how we are and what our programs are about. They’re constantly refining our strategy and our messaging, and that wouldn’t be possible if we were constantly being shuffled around. Having consistent management of our campaign has been really crucial to our success. They’re very concerned about our metrics and our costs. They’re respectful of our money and spend it as if it was their own.

I don't know that they have a lot of clients in the higher education space, but that isn't obvious from their results with us. They really ran with it. We gave them a lot of information to understand what our programs are about, and it’s clear they studied that information and used it to create good ad copy and relevant keywords and negative keywords.

As a public university, cost is always an issue, but they came in at the right price point and provided excellent service.
    I've recommended them to multiple colleagues.