We turn ideas for the Mobile Era into reality

We are a passionate and flexible mobile development company that takes pride in our focus to detail and obsession with pleasing our clients. Our passion is helping startups turn their ideas into quality products in record time to market. If you're a Startup or small business looking for a team to develop your mobile app, we are sure Hattrick is going to be a great fit.

Montevideo, Uruguay

Some of the amazing clients we have had the pleasure to work with over the years:

- Tipple

- ViveUy

- Crudomedia

- Axxiome

Frontend Design for Restaurant Jobs Platform

“Out of all the businesses I’ve worked with, Hattrick IT is in the top five.”

Hattrick IT was responsible for the development of iOS/Android native mobile apps. They worked with an executive team, third-party designers, and another firm to complete the backend and deliver the product.

Denver, Colorado
Founder, Restaurant Jobs Platform

The design isn’t finished yet, but it looks good. Hattrick IT is responsive and quickly addresses any concerns or questions. They’re dedicated to the project and exceed expectations. They’re a skilled team that also focuses on building a positive working relationship, making them a great partner.

I’m the CEO and founder of a platform that provides jobs in the restaurant industry.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hattrick IT?

My prior partner wasn’t interested in my project; they just wanted to make money. So, I began looking for a new frontend design agency.

Hattrick IT completed all frontend development, working with a backend firm and a design firm to bring the product to life.

They provided resources to complete frontend development and worked in tandem with two other firms.

How did you come to work with Hattrick IT?

I found Hattrick IT on Clutch. I evaluated a few different companies, but Hattrick IT stood out. They seemed like a trustworthy team that cared about my problem, so we partnered.

We’ve been working together since January 2018.

Even though Hattrick IT is only developing the frontend of my app, they work very closely with my company to make suggestions concerning best practices, as well as listen to what our customers are saying, to help understand issues and offer solutions for UI/UX. This has demonstrated an above-and-beyond attitude towards helping my company succeed.

How did Hattrick IT perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re always available, even late into the night. We use Trello and Slack to communicate.

They truly care about customer service and building a good relationship. Out of all the businesses I’ve worked with, Hattrick IT is in the top five. They care about me and my projects, and we’ve even become good friends.

They could improve their business development efforts, but their programming is great.

I haven't had any problems, and we’re actually ahead of schedule right now.
    They’re great at budgeting and hitting targeted costs. They’re cost-effective but still care about quality.
    Whenever I give feedback, they respond quickly and make sure everything is perfect.

MVP Development for Smartwatch App Startup

They're relentless and won't stop until the bugs disappear.

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Hattrick developed a communications system that allows smartwatches to interact with each other in real time. The system uses WebSockets and Firebase to enable interconnectivity and instant updates.

Founder, Wearables Startup

Hattrick built an MVP that functions as expected and can be presented to the market. Using their expertise, they went above and beyond to find the best solution to every problem, while their exceptional communication skills and affordable rates made them a go-to partner.

I'm the founder of a tech startup.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hattrick IT?

We were working to coordinate the response to cardiac arrest by way of getting smartwatches to interconnect and record care. We were looking for a company to help us establish interconnectivity between watches.

They developed a strategy to get smartwatches to communicate in real time. We use Firebase to create a game-like situation with WebSockets where the watches interact and are always looking for changes in each other. That allows them to update their status in real time and cut the conventional route of communication–watch, phone, cloud phone–that refreshes every two seconds. The watches update instantly through Firebase as they're looking into the same series of events.

We worked with 2–3 developers at different times.

How did you come to work with them?

I was referred to Hattrick. I first approached another vendor with the same challenge, but they were not as nimble as I wanted them to be. Hattrick is very conscientious and nimble, so they're a good fit for me.

We've spent about $50,000.

I started working with them in March 2017 and the relationship is ongoing.

They designed and developed an entire communications system for a very reasonable cost. I hit most of my milestones on time and I now have a functional MVP, which I didn't have before. They gave me a working prototype, with which I can go out and explore the sales arena.

How did they perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very approachable and work quickly. They're based in Uruguay, but we've never had any communication issues. We speak daily via Skype and use Trello to stay up-to-date with the project. I'm doing a lot of case scenarios, so we have sprints and I go out to the field to test how the system works. After that, I upload my experiences to Trello and we can see if we need to make any improvements. Also, they stayed within our budget, which is important for a startup.

They're relentless and won't stop until the bugs disappear. They go out of their way to resolve some of the very complex mathematical problems I pose to them. Also, they're flexible and open to exploring alternatives to ensure we have the best solutions. I've enjoyed working with them–they're nice, respectful, and responsible people.

iOS Rebuild for Meditation App

"Hattrick was up for the challenge and delivered beyond my expectations."

Aug. - Nov. 2017

Hattrick IT rebuilt a meditation app from scratch on iOS in order to include some complex functionalities that were required. Their two co-founders were directly involved in the work.

Moscow, Pennsylvania
Eric Toffey
CEO, Highly Meditated LLC

Their team showed great interest in the project, delivering a solid application that works seamlessly and is up to design standards. Hattrick’s attention to detail, communication, and capacity for tackling issues without compromising deadlines makes them a great long-term partner.

I'm the CEO of Highly Meditated and I make meditation-based applications.

For what projects/services did your company hire Hattrick IT?

I hired them to rebuild my iOS app and I honestly could not be any happier.

My goal was to have a complete rebuild of the app. Hattrick was up for the challenge and delivered beyond my expectations.

I found this vendor through Upwork and selected them after reviewing their previous work. They were passionate about the project and their excitement was inspiring. I interviewed many developers for this project and I feel truly lucky to have found Hattrick.

The app was completely rebuilt from scratch. My app—Beditations—puts you to sleep and wakes you up with guided meditations. Although it may sound simple, the app performs many complex tasks simultaneously. Hattrick delivered these tasks on an incredibly stable and smooth application.

I worked with Gaston Kosut [CTO & Co-Founder, Hattrick IT] and Martin Zuniga [CEO & Co-Founder, Hattrick IT].

I just re-launched my app and noticed the best results in its stability and performance.

How effective was the project management?

I couldn't be happier with the project manager we had. Communication was top-notch from the beginning and I was kept up to date during every step of the development. Unforeseen complications arise from this kind of work but Hattrick was able to solve every problem without affecting deadlines.

As an art director, I obsess over design and Hattrick recreated my sketches with pixel-perfect precision across all screens. Their attention to detail was astonishing. I’m a 1-person company and they delivered an app that can compete with the biggest companies in my category.

What tips or recommendations do you have?

Hattrick runs at a flawless level and I'm looking forward to a long relationship with them. They were even able to handle and recommend solutions to workflow problems that I hadn't considered.

Overall Score I couldn't be happier with the final product and I look forward to future projects.
    Outstanding.
    They delivered and incredibly stable platform that can perform complex tasks.
    It has been the best development experienced that I've had since starting in early 2015.

iOS App Dev for Video Messaging Start-up

" I think Hattrick IT did a good job in the beginning, but I was unhappy with the backend developer they referred."

Mar. 2017 - Ongoing

Hattrick IT designed and developed an iOS video networking app using Ruby on Rails and Swift. The team integrated custom features like QR code processing and Amazon Web Services.

Georgia, Atlanta
Angelica White
Founder & CEO, ZippyAR

The app is attractive and functional, even with limited or no mobile coverage. Hattrick IT was professional, respectful, and dedicated to making a great product. They incorporated feedback into future work. The backend developer they later referred made several errors that compromised security.

I am the founder and CEO of the ZippyAR. We focus on the one-to-one marketing niche. Our technology enables users to stream video messages directly. We're based in Atlanta, Georgia.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hattrick IT?

We were creating mobile apps for our product. I had started Android development with another group, but I wasn’t convinced that they were providing the best quality product. When it came time to develop the iOS app, I started looking for another company and found Hattrick IT.

Hattrick IT assigned 4 developers to build the iOS application. It’s being developed for iOS using Swift, with Ruby on Rails for the backend. There were some unique features that they developed into the app. For example, it processes QR and bar codes as well as uses Amazon Web Services on the backend.

How did you come to work with Hattrick IT?

I used Upwork to search for developers and looked at their profiles, the types of projects they’d worked on before, and their reviews. Then, I conducted interviews. Hattrick IT’s professionalism and knowledge around the platform and technology came across during the interview. I could see their integrity and professionalism, which was extremely important to me. Hattrick IT could not only do the job well but knew how to treat intellectual property. The communication was good as well, even though they are based in Uruguay, and my company is in the United States.

I started working with Hattrick IT in March 2017 and I plan to continue using them for the next phase.

We are launching the product in early-September; the beta version will be distributed to some people. The app’s performance has been great even in markets where mobile technology isn’t fully available. It can perform even when the network is not at its peak. Hattrick IT’s work has been outstanding in terms of the app’s look and performance.

How did Hattrick IT perform from a project management standpoint?

We used Slack for team communication. We implemented the Agile Methodology, and used Trello for project management, in order to guide through and identify the requirements for each deployment. I also used some of my documents for designing the scope of the project, with milestones and clear requirements. Hattrick IT has done a very good job of interacting with my procedure and adding to it. They kept me informed about some of the challenges and were upfront when I needed to expedite something for the product showcase. Overall, Hattrick IT has done a very good job, and I want to highlight the fact that, when they were facing a challenge, instead of hiding it, we worked together to solve it.

As a start-up technology company, it was a challenge for us to not only find someone with the capability and knowledge for creating a product, but also a professional with integrity, and who could work with and respect the business. I saw this in Hattrick IT’s leadership from the beginning. They had no hidden agenda and knew what was important for me. In terms of work, they have been great at taking my feedback for the strategy of the product and implementing the solution according to my guidelines.

On one occasion, Hattrick IT didn’t budget well for the work, so there was a small constraint. We were able to work through it, and Hattrick IT owned up to the mistake. There was some communication involved, and it was a learning process for us.

There was a delay caused by some technology issues. I prioritize quality over meeting deadlines. We delayed a little to have a more stable product.
    I am trying to use them myself, for the next phase of the project. I would definitely recommend Hattrick IT, given the chance.

Mobile App Dev for Soccer App Company

"They worked really well and met all the deadlines. It was a great collaboration."

HattrickIT was hired to add new functionalities to the Android and iOS versions of an app that makes information accessible to soccer fans worldwide. The project also included the reduction of errors or barriers to scale the company.

Barranquilla, Colombia
Ricardo Buitrago
CEO, AQHJ

All results were delivered as expected. Every development was done with a very low margin of errors and the entire project was very efficient. They were very responsive and organized with communications and provided a good experience, overall.

Introduce your business and what you do there

Our organization is TraficoLabs. We have various software brands, including a web and mobile application that makes sports information accessible to soccer fans worldwide. The app has more than 1 million monthly users in web and mobile. This software was developed in collaboration with Hattrick IT.

I am the organization’s founder and director of operations.

What challenge were you trying to address with HattrickIT?

We had a really good experience. We came to them to add new functionalities to the mobile apps in Android and IOS. We had 2 main objectives. Add new functionalities to the app and in secondly, to scale the app while solving some errors or barriers that were not allowing us to scale.

HattrickIT worked on both platforms and it was a very positive experience. They worked really well and met all the deadlines. It was a great collaboration. They used ObjectiveC, Java, and used tools like Fabric to perform stability testing. They also used the rest of the technologies involved in Android and iOS developments.

Two full time employees were responsible for each platform. One for iOS and the other one for Android. There was also a third person who provided support to the processes. In total, three HattrickIT employees worked on the project.

How did you come to work with HattrickIT?

We found them through a directory of IT development agencies. Initially, we decided to go with them because of Juan, the person who assisted us since the beginning and who gave us a really good feeling. He showed us that he understood the objectives of the project and was aligned with our work methods. From there we proceeded to do a small sprint and this validated the idea that their work was going to offer good value to our company.

How much have you invested with HattrickIT?

The project was around $5,000 and $6,000, approximately.

Approximately 5 months in 2016. We stay in touch, not as a job contract, but as a networking support.

A tangible metric would be what we call ‘fatal errors’, which cause crashes and close the app as the users interact with it. We were seeing 10 types of first-priority fatal errors.  These fatal errors were not existent after we worked with Hattrick IT. This was a tangible metric I can mention.

How did HattrickIT perform from a project management standpoint?

The entire project’s flow was very efficient. They were very responsive and followed up to past communications in a very organized and strict way. We used Skype and e-mail. No other specialized tools.

What did you find most impressive about HattrickIT?

Their efficiency in every development was positive. Every execution was done with a very low error margin. All results were as expected. The good experience we had was based on all of HattrickIT’s developments in general throughout the collaboration.

Are there any areas HattrickIT could improve?

When we stopped working with them, they were in the process of growing. We would have liked to continue working with them. There are no complaints on our end about their team.

Android Dev for Bars & Pubs App Company

“I see Juan as my CTO because he’s been able to help whenever I come up with a unique job specification or product.”

June 2016 - Ongoing

Initially, Hattrick IT built the MVP of a mobile app that helps users find bars based on their preferences. Developers continue to update the app, add new features, and assist with other IT needs.

Michael Wobil
Owner, App Startup

Hattrick IT provides high-class service for a reasonable price, making them an ideal partner for startups with limited budgets. The team is committed to meeting deadlines and willing to help with IT tasks outside the original project scope.

I’m the managing director and founder of Tipple.m, an app on Google Play that helps users find bars and pubs that fit their mood. The app tells them if a bar is within their price range. It also lets them know if a bar is relatively close and how many people are currently there. We make our money by selling that data back to the bars so that they can better target and send push notifications to individual users.

What challenge were you trying to address with Hattrick IT?

I was looking for someone to develop the app.

Hattrick developed our entire technology stack on Android. We used Android Firebase. They helped me build the minimum viable product so I could go to market and test it. Since then, I’ve been using Hattrick to improve the app.

Right now, Hattrick is essentially my IT department. We do most of our work in sprints of 20 hours, and I pay them an hourly rate. That helped me build up the business while keeping up with the development costs. I’ve worked with 2 developers, Juan [COO & Co-Founder, Hattrick IT] and Martin [CEO & Co-Founder, Hattrick IT].

How did you come to work with Hattrick IT?

I found them on Upwork. I felt like they were the best fit because we are a bootstrap organization. I provide all of the money for developing, marketing, and sales.

We have spent between £5,000 [$6,481] and £10,000 [$12,962] for the app.

We started working with them in June 2016, and the relationship is ongoing.

I’ve done very little marketing on the app, but we’ve gained users organically. We launched the product 6 months ago as an MVP to 30 people. Since then, we’ve increased to 500 users globally.

Hattrick IT gives me high-class service in a timeframe that suits me. Whenever I’ve needed updates or features added, I’ve been able to work with Hattrick to get those completed. Hattrick helps me understand the technology stack. They also assisted with setting up my business email address and finding a website developer and UX [user experience] designer.

How did Hattrick IT perform from a project management standpoint?

They always meet the deadlines we set. We use Trello for project management. We also use an application that allows Hattrick to push out a test development build to me. I can then play around with that to see what works and what doesn’t work. They’ve been able to fix any issues relatively quickly.

When I first started the project, I knew very little about Android development and technology stacks. They’ve held my hand through a lot of it. They listen to all of my all my ideas, but they follow the requirements that I set for them.

At this point, I see Juan as my CTO because he’s been able to help whenever I come up with a unique job specification or product that I want to build. He doesn’t say no; he tries to figure out a way to do things. If it takes longer because of issues with the technology stack or something, they sometimes won’t charge me for those hours. They’re very fair in their chargeback method, and they stay within budget.

There have been times when I’ve had to chase them down, but that’s normal when working with multiple clients.

They usually meet the deadlines, but sometimes I have to chase them down to make sure we stay on schedule.
    I’ve already done that.