Branding and Digital Design

Our team has come together with the common objective to challenge our audience to think and consume in a more powerful way. Our vision is for our studio to deliver a creative think-tank experience: a place where strategic design, interface improvement, and interactive branding have the perfect conditions to flourish.

Half Hunter
401 Richmond Street Street West, Suite LL01
Toronto, ON M5V 3A8

Ornge, ThinkWire, Epcylon, Kastio, Flipd, Switch, Dealnet Capital

Branding & Design for Business Development Company

"They [Half Hunter] understand my business model and culture, and are able to be a partner, more than just a digital branding or marketing firm."

2014 - Ongoing

With the goal of communicating the value of their boutique-sized consulting firm, the client hired Half Hunter for branding, web development, and the creation of brochures.

Quebec, Canada
Consultant at Business Development Company

Half Hunter impresses the client by consistently delivering quality work. The agency produced effective brochures and an attention-grabbing website. The client praises Half Hunter for their ability to meet deadlines and recommends the agency to others.

We are a business development company.

I am a Consultant of International Business Development.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Half Hunter?

We used Half Hunter for creating brochures, branding, and the website.

They were very good at analyzing the culture of the company, and were able to translate it into the right branding, and adapted that branding for potential clients. Half Hunter was able to create great branding, communicating the added value and organization of being a boutique-sized consulting firm. They are really good at that.

How did you come to work with Half Hunter?

One of the founders of Half Hunter, Hugh, is a good friend of mine. I’ve known him from when he was five years old and he always had tremendous artistic talent. He followed up on it professionally and now has a strong expertise in art and branding. It was natural for me to ask for his services.

That is confidential.

We started working in the spring of 2014, and it's ongoing. They are a long-term partner.

I had a presentation at the General Consulate of France, in Montreal. I showed my brochures and the website. The reaction was very positive.

How did Half Hunter perform from a project management standpoint?

He works during weekends to get things done, so there are no worries about deadlines.

I called him on a Wednesday, at one point, and asked to have the work finished by the next week. Just like that, they mobilized all their resources in order to get to that deadline. I couldn't have done that with anyone else. They're very reactive, in this sense.

If anyone has a question about our branding or about the website, or anything else to do with the marketing of my company, I know they're there. They're very proactive at the same time.

What distinguishes Half Hunter from other providers?

They have a personal, custom-tailored approach. They become a partner.I see Half Hunter as my ally for artwork, branding, marketing, brochures, and so on. They understand my business model and culture, and are able to be a partner, more than just a digital branding or marketing firm. Things like your business model, strategy, communication, are all linked together, so you want people to understand their essence.

Is there anything Half Hunter could have improved or done differently?

I haven't thought about that, so nothing currently.

Overall Score There's always room for improvement, but they were very good.
    The value that they provide is more important than price.

Digital Design for Development Studio

"For Half Hunter, I think, that their strength is the UI. It's more of the design than the UX. "

2013 - Ongoing

Half Hunter provides a variety of services for the client including design and a great deal of discovery involving user experience and user interface.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Josh Borts
Partner, Functional Imperative

Half Hunter impresses the client with their excellent design work. The agency’s contributions are praised for their value and beauty. There are no complaints regarding Half Hunter's performance and the agency is highly recommended to others.

We are a web and mobile consulting firm, so we have a group of around 20 developers. We work on, generally, multimedia-style applications, both for the phone and web.

I am the owner of Functional Imperative.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Half Hunter?

We approached them for a client of ours that was called Event Stream because, while we have great developers, I don't have any designers. Typically, I haven't been happy with the quality of the work of the designers we have worked with previous to that, or they were significantly out of my client's budget.

We had them work during the design. They were responsible for all the discovery, determining what should be built. I dealt with these experienced designers, so the UI [user interface] designs, the UX [user experience] designs and, I guess, the UX designer incorporated a lot of the discovery.

This was one of their first projects ever, actually. It was around $10,000.

It was around two and half years ago. Everything on that project has been completed. We're currently working with them on another project at the moment.

The client was happy with the outcome. Their work was beautiful with design, similar to what we have now. For Half Hunter, I think, that their strength is the UI. It's more of the design than the UX. We did a lot more revisions than anyone was happy with. I haven't worked with them close enough on the UX to know if that a strength or not, but I could say that they have a very good sense of style.

We had no issues.

What distinguishes Half Hunter from other providers?

Their UI is very beautiful.

Is there anything Half Hunter could have improved or done differently?

No. I've been pretty happy with it. As I said, what I ask them for is the UI.

I've recommended them before.

App Development for Mobile Solutions Company

"If it wasn't for their [Half Hunter's] smarts and insight, we wouldn't have been able to grow the market share as dramatically as we have."

2014 - Ongoing

For help building their app, the client hired Half Hunter to provide a variety of service including prototyping, wireframing, designing, branding, and marketing strategy.

New York Metro Area
Executive Chairman, Mobile Solutions Company

Half Hunter succeeds as the client’s partner by delivering quality work and enabling them to take their business worldwide. The agency is praised for their outside-the-box thinking. Half Hunter is highly recommended to others.

We are a mobile solutions company.

I am the Chief Executive Officer [CEO] of the company. I have various roles on boards and investments. I probably have ten companies in which I’m on the board but all are in the mobile sector.

What business challenge were you trying to address with Half Hunter?

I sought them because I needed to build a social media application.

I engaged Half Hunter with a number of companies, all the way through to prototyping applications and wire framing them to designing, branding, strategy around branding, and design strategy around marketing. The biggest challenge has been the application designs, which have been put on two companies, one is a social media company, and the other one is a financial tech trading application. They both are mobile apps. The biggest challenge is always going to be around mobile design.

How did you come to work with Half Hunter?

I found them through a colleague that recommended them.

They've been all over the map with different companies, and it would be too confusing. Regardless, they've always been incredibly flexible and accommodating in the way that they price.

We started about a year ago. The work relationship is ongoing.

They have enabled us to go from a parochial, national rollout to a global rollout in China and Europe. If it wasn't for their smarts and insight, we wouldn't have been able to grow the market share as dramatically as we have.

How did Half Hunter perform from a project management standpoint?

Well, you know what Half Hunter means? It's a watch that a hunter uses to keep exact time. And so, they call themselves Half Hunter specifically because they make sure that they are punctual and stay on track, and they do that very well. They live up to their name.

What distinguishes Half Hunter from other providers?

They think outside the box. It's not about design, it's about a holistic approach to a project, and they've managed to do all the complex things that I’ve brought to them. I brought them everything from alternative financing applications, fin-tech trading applications, to social platforms which I believe are more complex than Twitter.

They've always been able to live and breathe the solution in a way which I think is a testament to their commitment and also their smarts.

Is there anything Half Hunter could have improved or done differently?

No. They only need to scale the business and they’re doing that.

I really do think they’re a good shop. It’s rare to find partners who can perform well, so I’m happy when I find them.