Branding that Sells

Gold

Grey Box Creative is a New York based creative agency that believes building a solid brand can become a company’s greatest asset. The GreyBox design team has been working together for two decades and has branded hundreds of companies helping to create or revitalize a brand. GreyBox has built it's reputation on delivering high quality, corporate identities in a range of industries and in a variety of formats.

Located in NYC, GreyBox Creative is a boutique strategic visual communications agency that delivers world-class design solutions for companies ready to elevate their brand.

New York, NY
  • 1345 Avenue of Americas
    New York, NY 10105

Apollo Capital Management, Novo Nordisk, US Army/Navy, Geoffrey Beene, Luxury Big Island, Society for Reproductive Medicine

ETRM Services Image

ETRM Services

ETRM Services is a trading technology IT service provider for the global energy industry and other commodities.

GreyBox created a dynamic logo that conveys a sense of complexity and order. The mark has a continuous flow of energy and movement which is representative of the company's philosophy of working together as one to bringing moving parts together working seamlessly with one another.

Verify Financial Image

Verify Financial

Verify’s on-line forum of vetted credit graders provide issue-specific, peer-sourced credit information previously unavailable on any industry platform. Their patent-pending process takes place on a secure platform, delivering critical and comprehensive insight that enhances the credit market landscape.

Luxury Big Island Image

Luxury Big Island

Exclusive print package targeting high-net-worth individuals interested in exclusive listings on the Big Island. The custom mailing package design was printed with silver foil stamping and metallic silver and housed a customized brochure which listed current available properties and an overview of Luxury Big Island

Union Burger Bar Image

Union Burger Bar

Union Burger Bar is a creative burger experience that is a modern take on a classic idea. Their difference starts with quality enabling them to deliver a unique take on the classic burger and creating more of a delicacy.

We created the visual identity to brand the Southampton restaurant as a premier destination for the ultimate burger experience.

SB One Bank Image

SB One Bank

Sussex Bank, a full-service regional NJ-based bank acquired Community Bank of Bergen County.  Their newly found entity consisting of fourteen branches was renamed SB One Bank.

Using the brand initials, we designed a bold and progressive logo symbolic of the relationship between the bank and its customers, working as one.

We created a comprehensive identity system and additional brand assets to allow SB One to

express its voice in a coherent manner across multiple platforms.

Branding, Logo Design & Site Dev for Real Estate Company

“They’ve always done fantastic work for me.”

2013 - Ongoing

GreyBox Creative has been a real estate firm’s design partner for seven years. Most recently, they built a WordPress site, did branding, and designed a logo for a new company that the firm was launching.

Hawaii
Partner, Real Estate Company

Their high-quality design work has garnered praise from clients, while internal stakeholders attribute increased brand awareness to their efforts. Responsive and straightforward, the team has built a strong partnership by communicating well and not overpromising. Their process is smooth and dynamic.

I’m a partner at a real estate company.

What challenge were you trying to address with GreyBox Creative?

We’ve worked with GreyBox Creative for about seven years, but about a year ago, we needed help launching a new company.

GreyBox Creative built a WordPress website for our new company. They also did branding and designed the logo. We were given a few logo options, and we chose the one we liked best. Similarly, they presented 2–3 website mockups, we selected the one we wanted, and we went from there.

I work with different people. Stephen (Director of Online Marketing, GreyBox Creative) operates separately from the rest of the team in his online marketing work. Gaelen (Director Web Development, GreyBox Creative) is the IT person and works on the site’s backend. Remo (Creative Director, GreyBox Creative) is the designer and has done all of our logos. Finally, if I need further coordination or we experience a challenge, I involve Vincent (Founder & President, GreyBox Creative).

How did you come to work with GreyBox Creative?

I did a lot of research to find the right candidate to help develop my business. I also hired a second party to assist in making this selection, and the result was GreyBox Creative. The quality of their design work set them apart.

My company began working with GreyBox Creative in 2013, and our partnership is ongoing. The big project they did last year lasted 4–5 months.

Their work has always been highly regarded by my clients. I definitely attribute an increase in brand awareness to them.

How did GreyBox Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re very efficient in their communication; I’ve never had any issues in this regard. We talk over the phone or email depending on what’s needed. The owner gets involved as needed; if I leave him a message, he calls me back, which I appreciate. They build a relationship with their client.

I’m most impressed by the quality of their design work. They’ve always done fantastic work for me. Their process is smooth, straightforward, and dynamic.

GreyBox Creative delivers what they say they will, so I haven’t seen a flipside. They don’t over-promise or get involved in things they can’t manage. They’ve offered design, branding, and website development to my company, and they’ve delivered.

GreyBox Creative does very well at managing the partnership, so there’s no need to advise a third-party on how to handle that. They flawlessly build client relationships.

Overall Score They’re excellent.

Design Services for Global Nonprofit's Public Programming

“When we’re expecting something, they deliver.”

July 2018 - Ongoing

GreyBox Creative provides ongoing design services for a nonprofit’s public programming, specifically an annual gala and multiple evening events. Deliverables include stationary, a program book, and invitations.

51-200

New York City Metro Area
Deputy Director of Development, Literature & Human Rights Nonprofit

GreyBox Creative fosters a positive customer experience by executing beautiful designs. The team’s collaborative nature complements their graceful ability to handle change and edit requests. Internal stakeholders appreciate that the team not only delivers quality work, but is also very personable.

I’m the deputy director of development at a global literature and human rights nonprofit. I oversee special events.

What challenge were you trying to address with GreyBox Creative?

We don’t have an in-house graphic designer, and we had a couple of projects that required design services.

GreyBox Creative designs our complete gala suite each year. The literary gala is our largest fundraiser, and GreyBox Creative’s team designs the program book and any stationary related to the event, including the invitation suite and letterhead. They work on the designs for the gala collateral in October or November through May, when the gala takes place.

They also design the hardcopy invitations for our author evenings, a series of about 35 dinners throughout the season. We engage GreyBox Creative for this work in November or December, and the invitations go out to a large list of people at the beginning of January.

GreyBox Creative has helped other public programming teams within our organization by designing print collateral for different events. They base their designs off of our brand guidelines.

We work with two of the partners at GreyBox Creative.

How did you come to work with GreyBox Creative?

When I joined my organization, they were already working with GreyBox Creative. After reaching out to them and seeing their work, I was happy with their work. It didn’t make sense to look at other vendors because GreyBox Creative knew the organization and our work.

My organization has spent $12,000–$15,000.

I began working with GreyBox Creative in July 2018, but my organization’s been working with them for a few years.

Their designs are beautiful. The invitations always look amazing.

How did GreyBox Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re great to work with. There’s a lot of back and forth, and my team sends a lot of edits and changes, but they handle everything gracefully and professionally.

GreyBox Creative does great work, and they’re really nice people. They’re also great about incorporating our brand guidelines into their designs. Working with them is always a pleasure.

No, not really. They’re great.

Overall Score They’re so good at what they do, and the team is very nice.
    When we’re expecting something, they deliver.
    They’re pricey, but they’re worth it.
    They always do what they promise, and they do it perfectly.
    I’m very likely to recommend them.

Branding and Design for Building Material Distributor

"They were very easy to work with, and there was constant communication on both sides."

May 2018 - Feb. 2019

GreyBox Creative offered branding and design services for a distributor. They created a new logo, updated a website, and delivered exterior designs for a fleet of trucks.

Farmingdale, New York
Brett Marx
President, ACF Distributors LLC

GreyBox Creative delivered excellent designs and expanded the firm’s online presence. The team facilitated a seamless feedback process and was very responsive. Their structured and detailed-oriented approach set them apart from other vendors.

I’m the president and owner of ACF Distributors. We are a wholesale distributor of commercial and residential floor coverings.

For what projects/services did your company hire GreyBox Creative?

I hired GreyBox Creative to help rebrand an existing business that I had recently acquired. Although the products and services they offered were great, the general aesthetic of the company was old and outdated.

Our goal was to freshen up our company aesthetic.

I interviewed three different agencies, and GreyBox Creative was the most impressive. They were more organized and detail-oriented than the other vendors that I considered. They were also able to work within my budget.

We started the partnership with a discovery call so that GreyBox Creative could assess my needs. After I delivered my requirements, they presented me with a budget and a detailed scope of work that was broken down into phases.

We approved their plan, and they started producing designs. They created a new logo, revamped our website, and designed graphics and decals for our trucks.

I worked directly with Vince (Owner, GreyBox Creative) and occasionally spoke to a few other members of this team.

GreyBox Creative improved our online presence and enhanced our brand. We now have a professional looking website that we can proudly display for existing customers and new prospects.

Being that my company is on the smaller side, I tend to get spread pretty thin, and GreyBox Creative was very considerate of my schedule. They only involved me in their work when it was absolutely necessary.

I would review and approve each of their deliverables, and they would facilitate the feedback process. They were very easy to work with, and there was constant communication on both sides.

I was particularly impressed by their organization and attention to detail.

None that I saw.

Branding & Web Design for Specialty Burger Restaurant

"It was overwhelming how accurately GreyBox Creative captured our vision."

Jan. 2012 - June 2015

GreyBox Creative assisted with the overall branding of a specialty burger restaurant. The team also designed the website and other marketing collateral. They provided several options to choose from.

Fair Haven, New Jersey
Yvette Cafaro
Restaurant Owner, Kind Burgers

External feedback on the work GreyBox Creative completed has been positive. Their team is full of talented and creative designers. Customers can expect a dedicated and professional team that delivers on promises.

My husband and I own Kind Burgers, a gluten and dairy free specialty burger restaurant.

For what projects/services did your company hire GreyBox Creative?

We hired GreyBox Creative to design our overall look and branding. They also created our website and marketing materials.

We were looking for a fresh look that identified our company’s vision and product.

Throughout the selection process, we interviewed several design companies and reviewed past work they’ve done with similar businesses.

The engagement began with their team interviewing about our goals and visiting the restaurant. GreyBox Creative sent several options for us to choose from in order to get the look we were trying to achieve.

We worked with three to four designers throughout the process.

It was overwhelming how accurately GreyBox Creative captured our vision. We get compliments on our marketing materials–especially with the icons they created.

The designers were talented and professional. Our process was simple–we used email, phone, and in-person project reviews.

Their artistic talent is like no other. GreyBox Creative delivers on your vision.

There are none that I can think of. It was a great experience working with GreyBox Creative.

Overall Score Unmatched talent with GreyBox Creative.
    The team was always very responsive
    Based on other quotes we received, GreyBox was extremely fair in pricing.
    They deliver amazingly talented designs.
    I recommend GreyBox to everyone all the time.

Branding & Strategy for Upscale Burger Bar

"Their team has played a major role in my success, and I would not open another business without them."

Dec. 2018 - Jan. 2019

GreyBox Creative delivered branding and marketing strategy for an upscale burger bar. Their team analyzed the client’s business plan and provided materials and methods for reaching new customers.

Southampton, New York
Ian Duke
Owner, Union Burger Bar

GreyBox Creative’s work has attracted patrons and driven revenue. Efficient and accessible, the team delivered within a short timeframe while providing frequent updates and feedback. Their dedication to quality and their professional approach made for a successful partnership.

I’m the owner of Union Burger Bar, a high-end restaurant in Southampton, New York.

What challenge were you trying to address with GreyBox Creative?

I wanted to give my town something that it was lacking, and I needed the right branding team to help me launch my idea.

I came into this project with a very clear understanding of what I would need from their team. I walked Vincent (Founder & President, GreyBox Creative) and Remo (Creative Director, GreyBox Creative) through my business plan, and we reached a consensus regarding the direction we were going to take. Their team provided branding services for my restaurant, and they developed a strategy to engage an affluent clientele.

I worked closely with Vincent and Remo throughout the project.

How did you come to work with GreyBox Creative?

I first learned about GreyBox Creative after running into Vincent, who is a childhood friend of mine. This happened right as I was planning to open another venue, and I brought his team on to create a full package of branding and marketing materials. This first project was a complete success, and I knew Vincent and his team would be the right branding partner for my next endeavor.

Our work began in December 2018, and my restaurant opened in January 2019.

Since opening, I’ve been able to generate a very high level of revenue. I'm attracting the clients that I want, and my restaurant is regularly filled to capacity.

How did GreyBox Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

They were extremely responsive, and I was able to reach out to them via phone call, email, or text. We also held many in-person meetings and video chats, which were very helpful in terms of evaluating deliverables.

In terms of their work, the speed with which they completed the project is astonishing. Branding is typically a lengthy and complicated process, especially in the hospitality industry, where the majority of businesses fail within the first two years. Their team delivered everything I asked for in less than two months, and the quality of their work is comparable to that of a multi-billion-dollar company.

Also, the level of comfort and confidence that I’ve felt with their team has been outstanding. I’ve learned so much from them about digital marketing, specifically search engine optimization. They’ve also kept in touch since the restaurant opened, and they appear to be genuinely invested in our success.

If there were an area where they could improve, I would’ve told them, but I can’t say that I found one. They were fantastic. Their team has played a major role in my success, and I would not open another business without them.

Have a clear idea of what you’re hoping to achieve, and be willing to learn the nuances of branding and strategy. Detailed planning is essential if you want to see your project succeed. Also, if you clearly articulate your goals, their team will be able to support you effectively and push your business forward.

Branding and Logo Design for Asset Management Firm

"They were easy to work with and open to constructive criticism."

2018

Greybox Creative support rebranding efforts. They managed the discovery process and created the color scheme, font, logo, and several supporting materials.

Investor Relations & Marketing, Asset Management Firm

The new brand image receives high praise from customers. The work produced by Greybox Creative fully satisfied the internal team. As a partner, they were efficient and collaborative. Their expertise and receptive nature made them a valuable asset.

I work in investor relations as a small-credit hedgefund manager in New York City.

What challenge were you trying to address with Greybox Creative?

We hired Greybox Creative to help rebrand our firm.

We began with a discovery process to uncover the identity of our company. Greybox Creative then created several proposals for the new look. They helped us find the new colors, fonts, logo, for our brand and created a relevant newsletter and business cards.

We worked with three people from their team.

How did you come to work with Greybox Creative?

Through our business’ consulting services firm, we heard about Greybox Creative and used them in 2005 for a different branding project. When it was time for another rebrand, we felt comfortable with our history with them and their price point.

For this engagement, we’ve spent between $15,000–$20,000.

Although we first engaged in 2005, this rebrand lasted a few months in 2018.

We continuously receive positive comments on the professional look of our new logo. People remark on the appealing colors we chose. We’re fully happy with the work they did and happy with the feedback we get on our new look.

How did Greybox Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

They were very responsive and on top of managing the project. We primarily communicated through email.

They were easy to work with and open to constructive criticism. We had a healthy amount of back and forth during the project, which was helpful.

There’s nothing they could do to improve.

Logo Design for Commercial Real Estate Nonprofit

“The logo is very dynamic and everyone in our organization has been enthusiastic about it.”

Jan. 2014 - Feb. 2015

After learning about the organization and its objectives, GreyBox Creative designed a logo that reflects the organization's new identity.

Kenne Shepherd
Former Co-Chair of Comunications, Crew New York

The in-house team is happy with the design and the feedback has been very positive. GreyBox Creative went above and beyond to meet all needs, while the hands-on approach of the senior leadership helped ensure the project’s success.

When I worked with GreyBox Creative, I was the co-chair of the communications committee at Crew New York.

What challenge were you trying to address with GreyBox Creative?

Our two predecessor organizations came together to form Crew New York, so we started looking for a new identity. We needed a vendor to create a new logo for us, which would essentially be a graphic statement of the organization's purpose.

After learning about the goals and objectives of our organization, GreyBox Creative designed a new logo for us. They gave us a few different options, after which we provided our feedback. Then, they refined the color scheme and designed the final version.

We mostly interacted with Vincent (Founder, GreyBox Creative) and their senior designer.

How did you come to work with GreyBox Creative?

I met Vincent at a networking group. He seemed very personable, so I thought he and his team would be easy to work with. I saw their previous work, which was very much in line with what we were looking for, so we decided to hire them.

We spent about $25,000.

We worked with them between January 2014–February 2015.

The logo is very dynamic and everyone in our organization has been enthusiastic about it. The word of mouth has also been very positive.

How did GreyBox Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

We mostly used email and phone to stay in touch and they were very responsive. They also gave us PowerPoint presentations, walking us through the look and feel of the logo.

They’re very creative. Also, their owner is very hands-on. He was involved in all the phone meetings and email correspondence and he definitely helped us guide the project to a successful conclusion.

I can't think of anything.

Overall Score They're a great team.
    They met all of our deadlines.
    They're more expensive than some other design firms, but they gave us a very good product.
    They created a powerful logo. The design is very clean and modern.

Multiple Branding Projects for Asset Management Firms

“They understand the financial marketplace, which informs their designs and makes our partnership much better.”

1990s - Ongoing

Greybox Creative has worked on numerous branding projects, ranging from print materials to website formatting. The partnership has lasted for over two decades.

Managing Director, Financial Services Company

Greybox Creative is communicative and has excellent project management. The team puts in the effort to understand business objectives and identify the most effective solutions possible. Their work has had great success, contributing to some asset values more than doubling.

I’m the managing director at a financial services company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Greybox Creative?

We needed help with numerous branding projects across our organization and products.

Greybox Creative has worked on the branding and the design of our various marketing materials. They developed an image in our marketplace that institutionalized our firm and highlighted the large infrastructure of our organization and products. They also worked on improving the quality of our print materials, such as presentation decks and one-pagers. Beyond that, they also redesigned our website that allowed us to confidently go sell our funds.

We mainly interacted with the owner and a few other designers that were experienced and lead the process.

How did you come to work with Greybox Creative?

We’d heard of their capabilities in the marketplace, so we hired them.

We’ve spent over $500,000.

I’ve been working with them since the 1990s.

For some projects, we’ve seen assets more than double year over year after engaging with them. We’ve had some great successes in our partnership.

How did Greybox Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

We mainly communicate with the owner and other senior staff, which allows for effective project management and information sharing. They almost always meet deadlines or let us know if there will be a delay.

They understand the financial marketplace, which informs their designs and makes our partnership much better. Unlike other firms, they take the time to understand our business goals to determine the best solution. They’re also incredibly patient with us whenever we change directions or adjust our requirements.

No, I can't name anything.

Figure out the long-term goals and milestones so that the project doesn’t change once you begin your partnership.

They have great communication, letting us know if they’d be late.
    They’re a very reasonable price.
    They’re very detail oriented.
    I’ve referred them to other businesses before.

Visual Identity & Branding for Annual Gala

"Their honesty and helpful nature make them a wonderful team to work with."

Jun. 2018 - Ongoing

GreyBox Creative is helping develop a visual identity for an annual educational event. They built a website, stationery, logo, invitations, and other themed materials for the occasion.

Director of Community Events, School

The items created for the event were received positively by the public and board members. So far, the GreyBox Creative team delivered the work within the given timeline and made key contributions throughout the engagement. Their insight and receptiveness are highly appreciated and valuable.

I’m the director of community events at a Pre-K through 12th-grade independent school. I handle all fundraising events and efforts.

What challenge were you trying to address with GreyBox Creative?

We hired GreyBox Creative to help us create a visual identity for our annual gala. We needed all the materials to reflect the theme for the event.

GreyBox Creative helped us form the identity for our gala. They created materials that aligned with the new theme for the event. The invitation, stationery, program, invitations, logo, and website were all designed and built by their team. Additionally, they made specific items related to the theme of journeys, which included stamps. The team gave us several options for each piece and incorporated our feedback into the visuals. They’re currently transitioning our website from an active platform to an archive.

Vincent (Founder & President, GreyBox Creative) and Remo (Creative Director, GreyBox Creative) are our main points of contact. Several people are working on the project, including designers and teammates who worked remotely.

How did you come to work with GreyBox Creative?

We were using a company for our previous galas, but we wanted to hire a more creative team. Our guidelines allowed us to move further from our typical brand, so we thought it would be the perfect opportunity to work with GreyBox Creative.

We began working together in June 2018, and it’s ongoing. We’re still in the process of making changes to our website, but the project will be complete after that.

We’ve received great compliments from parents, board members, and invitees on this year’s materials. GreyBox Creative elevated the printed work, so our invitations were striking and matched the digital version. All of the work they created translated beautifully.

How did GreyBox Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re extremely responsive—we primarily communicate through email and the phone. We had several calls to determine our priorities and discuss our goals. They were patient and understanding with our team. The most helpful aspect was their willingness to incorporate our feedback and ideas into their work.

They are a group of professionals. Their honesty and helpful nature make them a wonderful team to work with. When we were figuring out the font size and materials for the program, they were transparent about how our choices would look and if something wasn’t possible. All of our feedback is listened to, and they pay close attention to our needs.

Additionally, they provided insight into what is visually impactful and what is actually useful for our materials. In creating stationery, GreyBox Creative had an eye for what would be the best format for people to use while still finding it appealing.

Based on the feedback from our co-chairs, we’d love to see even more creativity in every project. Ultimately, the entire project translates very well and they are a useful, great partner.

In your feedback, be honest. Give them a clear timeline and have exact deadlines for when you need materials delivered.

Branding for Global Technology Services Company

“I’m incredibly pleased with their work; the designs are clean and clear.”

n/a

Mar. 2017 - Sept. 2018

GreyBox Creative helped revamp a brand, creating a new logo and website. They also helped take care of copyright concerns and made all the new materials cohesive under one style.

Founding Partner, Technology Services Company

GreyBox Creative worked hard and exceeded all project expectations. They maintained open communication and were willing to make any requested adjustments. People love the new brand and website, saying it all looks much better.

I’m one of the founders of a global technology services company.

What challenge were you trying to address with GreyBox Creative?

Our business had been around for nearly 10 years, so we wanted to better define our brand and execute it on our website, logo, and other materials.

GreyBox Creative helped define our brand strategy, which led to our website layout description. They then created five logos, and one of them immediately stood out. We selected that, and GreyBox Creative assisted us with the copyright as we registered it. Once that was clear, they built the website and made it cohesive with our new brand identity.

We had one main point of contact and also worked with a designer and a developer.

How did you come to work with GreyBox Creative?

We found them online. We liked their work, so we hired them.

We worked together from March 2017–September 2018. Prior to this, they sat in on brand discussions, but we hadn't engaged them yet.

I’m incredibly pleased with their work; the designs are clean and clear. They took our concept and effectively translated it into a great design. We just recently unveiled the new brand and site, and we’ve gotten positive feedback. It’s improved company morale and culture, which is exactly what we wanted.

How did GreyBox Creative perform from a project management standpoint?

They were always available and responsive, working to meet our timeline and schedule. We usually communicated via email and phone and the occasional spreadsheet. They also had an internal website where we could log in, review designs, and provide comments.

By sitting in on the initial brand discussions before we engaged them, they understood our company and our goals. As soon as we engaged them for design, this understanding was reflected in the logo and website designs they presented to us. Their design was high quality, and they were incredibly easy to communicate with. They changed anything we asked for, which showed their dedication to our project.

No, but if I mentioned a problem, they would’ve gladly fixed it.

Overall Score They were very enjoyable to work with.
    Any delays were probably our fault.
  • N/A Cost
    We're very happy with what we got.

Gold