Human Solutions for the Digital Age

Greater Than One (GTO) is a fully integrated digital communications agency. We specialize in highly complex categories – principally healthcare – where informed decisions among all constituents are critical to a brand’s success. Founded in April 2000, GTO has since grown to a seasoned team of over 100 professionals with deep expertise in all aspects of digital marketing. We are imaginative, collaborative, and driven.

It is our view that Digital is not just a channel: it is a complete way of thinking and doing. Our paradigm starts with human insights that are rooted in customers’ behavior – how they would like to be communicated to and engaged with – rather than what we want to say to them. Because Digital has become more mobile, social, and connected than before, our experience with and expertise in this way of thinking is now more important than ever.

Our proven track record (our average client engagement is 5+ years) demonstrates our ability to not only move with the industry, but be a driving force in the development of new ideas and strategies that are changing the digital landscape.

We are headquartered in New York, and have offices in San Francisco and Madrid. Our unique partnership structure means that each client receives senior level, highly experienced attention. This structure ensures that each of our partners works hands on with each unit, creating a highly collaborative client experience.

Further, we understand the interdependencies that exist between the many different stakeholders involved in our clients’ businesses, patients, providers, and sales forces. Our breadth of services allows us to provide cohesive, integrated solutions, enabling us to create optimal opportunities for our clients’ businesses and build powerful digital solutions that stand the test of time.

$10,000

Calle Montesa, 35, Escalera Derecha, 3º Izqa
    Madrid 28006
    Spain
    34.91.829.10.45

Roche/Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline, Hess, Novartis, Novant Health, Eisei, Blue Shield of California, CA Technologies, New York University (NYU), Amgen, Ferring Pharmaecuticals, Eli Lilly, Novo Nordisk, Hologic, Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic, Continuum Health Partners, Truven Health Analytics, Medtronic, Abbvie, Meda Pharmaceuticals, Life Technologies, Texas Children's Hospital

Digital Marketing and Web Design for Pharmaceuticals Company

"I found them to be a strategic partner. They are people that can come into a situation with an open mind and help you shape strategy. They’re good thinkers."

The reviewer is formerly of Sunovion Pharmaceuticals. Greater Than One was their primary partner for website design and digital marketing on several medication brands. Their work included several websites, a Web portal application for healthcare providers, search engine optimization, digital advertising, digital strategy, and more.

1001 - 5000 employees

Marlborough, MA
Former Sales and Marketing VP, Sunovion

The client is extremely satisfied with Greater Than One's work. He found them to be an excellent partner in shaping marketing strategy. Their increased reach in the digital space had a significant impact on the client's business. Greater Than One is highly recommended to others.

Could you provide a brief description of your company and your role there?

I worked with Greater Than One when I was at Sunovion Pharmaceuticals. I worked there both as a brand director where I had responsibility for the Omnaris brand and the launch of Zetonna. That was in 2010. In 2011 and 2012, I ran a business unit for them with multiple brands including Lunesta and Omnaris. Those are the products I worked on with Greater Than One.

Could you describe the business challenges you were trying to address when you approached Greater Than One?

The first time I worked with them was to develop a new website design for Omnaris, an allergy medication. I had just come into the role. We were already working with them. I took over the brand. My digital marketer was working with them on the website design. I started working with them much more deeply on a strategic level. I found them to be a great resource to my team in terms of trends in marketing, and digital marketing specifically. As a result, we made them the digital agency for the Zetonna launch product and started to use them on some of our Lunesta digital marketing as well.

Could you describe the scope of the project?

They built websites for us. On the websites, they gave us more of a multimedia presence. They added a social component to it. They helped build a healthcare provider portal for physicians to get information and order samples of our products. We did all of our digital display advertising and search engine optimization through them. While I was there, I used them for basically every aspect of digital marketing and digital communications for my brands.

In terms of results, could you share any metrics or feedback that would demonstrate the effectiveness of the work they’ve delivered?

We improved our reach with customers. We improved our utilization on the website. We increased our website traffic. We increased our number of clicks. All of that moved positively for the brands. One thing we tried to do with Omnaris was to increase the average number of product refills per year, and we increased it by almost 50 percent in a given year. The value of that 50 percent was worth several million dollars. They definitely had an impact on the business.

If you look at [Greater Than One’s] website, they’ve won numerous marketing and digital marketing awards for things that they’ve done with both Lunesta and Omnaris.

How would you describe their performance and your relationship working with them?

Very positive. I found them to be a strategic partner.

Is there anything you’d consider unique or special them compared to other companies?

They are people that can come into a situation with an open mind and help you shape strategy, not just do a transaction and deliver a media plan for you. That’s why I liked working with them. They’re good thinkers.

In retrospect, are there areas that you think they could improve on or that you would do differently?

No. I was very happy with their service.

Highly.

Digital Marketing and Strategy for Medical Device Company

"When you deal with them, you get the top-notch performers. My company was very happy with them."

The client is a large healthcare company that produces medical devices. The reviewer is the former senior director of digital marketing at the company, and these opinions are her own. The client was referred to Greater Than One by another agency, and has had a working relationship with them since 2006 for various marketing projects, including Web design, search engine optimization, display ads, customer relationship management applications, and strategic planning.

5001-10,000 employees

Massachusetts
Former Senior Director of Digital Strategy, Medical Device Company

The client is highly satisfied with her experience working with Greater Than One. She feels that they are diligent and attentive in their work, providing specialized attention to each of their clients. She also describes them as a stable team with a deep knowledge of technological developments and emerging points of view. In terms of results, she recounts one particular instance in which they had a documented three-to-one return on investment on a project with Greater Than One. She would highly recommend Great Than One to others.

Could you describe the company you formerly worked for while partnering with Greater Than One?

It was a medical device company.

What was your role there?

I was the senior director of digital strategy.

What was the business challenge that you were attempting to address when you approached Greater Than One?

We actually used them on many occasions. We had many business challenges we were trying to address. We were a first mover in a particular market, for a breast cancer treatment. We were looking to educate women about the treatment that we offered.

We had other treatments, too, that they worked on. They worked on a number of campaigns for us. I had the relationship with them from 2006 up until 2013 [when I left the organization].

Can you tell us more about the scope of marketing work that they did for you?

They built websites for us. They did search engine optimization. They did display ads and banners. They did CRM [customer relationship management] applications. They did strategic planning with us around our digital and marketing strategies.

Why did you select Greater Than One with which to work?

They were recommended by another agency who was using them with some of their clients. That’s why we went with them.

Can you give a sense of the size of the projects?

There was a wide range in the projects. They did significant work.

In terms of results, do you have any statistics, metrics, or feedback that would demonstrate the effectiveness of their work?

On one of the programs, we had a three-to-one return on the investment that we made, and we were able to measure that.

How would you describe their performance on the job and your relationship working with them?

They’re very diligent, they’re very attentive, and they really know the digital world. They keep up with the latest developments. They issue points of view on new technologies that are coming, which is very helpful if you’re a client to talk through what those are.

They have a pretty stable team, and a lot of people that have been there since they opened. You have a lot of continuity and consistency. When you deal with them, you get the top-notch performers. It’s not one of these giant agencies where you sign a contract, and you get all the junior people. You get good attention and the top-notch people working on your account.

Is there anything else that you would consider unique about them compared to other companies?

They really build relationships with the clients. It’s not just a big digital factory. They give personalized attention.

Is there anything that you would do differently or you think that they can improve on?

Not really. I think they did an excellent job with our projects. My company was very happy with them.

They met their deadlines.