Software Development - Mobile Apps & Web Apps

Our Start

Grand Apps started out of a basement in Grand Rapids, Michigan with a vision to bring native mobile app development to businesses. We evolved from just mobile app development to building websites based off of client demand. We focus on smaller budget client projects in mobile app development and website development.

The Present

To this date, we have launched 500+ projects across the globe. We have an in-house team of developers and designers who work hard at delivering a unique project to each client based on their needs.

Key Partnership

We officially partnered with Kyros Digital, which allows us to provide custom software development for clients. This partnership allows us to build large scale projects for clients with bigger budgets and higher demands.

www.kyrosdigital.com

The Future

We plan to keep growing and delivering unique projects for each client. We love what we do and would  love to partner with you on your next project.

Grand Rapids, MI
  • 25 Commerce Ave SW
    Grand Rapids, MI 49503

New Holland Brewing Company, Van Andel Arena, Haworth, BD Mongolian Grille, Snap Fitness, Besser.

We work with start ups to fortune 500 companies.

Digital System Dev for Coupon Advertising Service

"Everyone on the Grand Apps team is in-tune, focused, and gets along with everyone else."

May 2019 - Ongoing

Grand Apps is designing a suite of digital solutions made up of a website, custom tablet software, and a client-facing mobile app. They’re also doing graphic design and copywriting.

Larry Smith
President CEO, SME, Coupon-Traffic, LLC

While results are still forthcoming, Grand Apps has established smooth cooperation via effective executive management. Their resources are personable and display a strong work ethic.

I’m the president and CEO of Coupon-Traffic. We provide coupon receipt advertising for grocery stores, offering all of their receipt paper, marketing signs, and materials.

For what projects/services did your company hire Grand Apps?

Grand Apps is building a website, software for tablets, and a smartphone app.

I wanted grocers and advertisers to learn about our unique approach via our website. The custom software will help us present to potential clients, and the mobile app will be for clients directly.

I've known Chris (Co-Founder, GrandApps) and Jon (CEO, Grand Apps) for quite a few years, and I’ve watched them grow their business at an incredible pace. But, most importantly, they grew their business with integrity. I chose Grand Apps because I can't imagine choosing anyone else.

They’re providing graphic design, website design, website development, copywriting, software development, and mobile app development.

The Grand Apps team is incredible and works together as well or better than any I’ve witnessed.

We’re still in the design and build stages, so I’m unable to give quantitative feedback currently.

Project management is arranged by top-level management, and, as a result, is as efficient and effective as I could hope.

Everyone on the Grand Apps team is in-tune, focused, and gets along with everyone else. They’re truly an elite group.

There are areas for improvement in any company. Grand Apps ownership is always tweaking their operations and striving to be better and better.

Overall Score I've seen the inner-workings and know how detail-oriented they are. They're the best of the best.
    Scheduling is a piece of cake.
    Most companies of this quality would charge more.
    Grand Apps' focus is on the highest quality possible.
    I refer my friend, clients, and business contacts to Grand Apps 100% of the time.

Website Development & Renovation for Remodeling Company

“They made time in their busy schedule to truly learn about our business.”

Grand Apps is developing a content-heavy corporate website with a user-friendly contact page. They also renovated an e-commerce site by upgrading security features and adding a secure online payment portal.

Dominic Sorenson
Owner, VADA Contracting llc

Based on the extraordinary deliverables that have been produced thus far, the project is already expected to be a great success. Grand Apps web design skills are only rivaled by their remarkable customer service. They have proven to be a wonderful source for affordable, high-quality websites.

I am the owner of VADA Contracting LLC, a residential remodeling company.

What challenge were you trying to address with Grand Apps?

In addition to refreshing our outdated retail website, we wanted to build a new corporate platform to better connect with our clientele.

Building the new corporate website is their first priority. Per our requirements, they are including a lot of content about our company and the products that we sell. They are also adding a contact form to promote open communication with our clients.

The second task involves renovating our retail website. Their team is updating the security features and integrating a more secure online payment portal to enhance the e-commerce experience.

We have interacted with several members on their team, including their sales agent, project manager, and web designer.

How did you come to work with Grand Apps?

We were referred to them by a trusted source within our network.

The project is valued at less than $10,000.

Development began in January 2019.

Although it is too early to measure the impact that their work will have on our business, their portfolio gives us confidence that they will do an amazing job. The work that they have delivered so far has been spectacular.

How did Grap Apps perform from a project management standpoint?

They are managing the entire project with minimal help on our end, which is great from our perspective. Their team has spent a lot of time listening to our goals, so their execution of our requirements is flawless.

The level of attention that they gave us was astounding. We gave them an exhaustive list of tasks to complete in a short time frame, but they made time in their busy schedule to truly learn about our business.

As a visual learner, I wish they would adopt a project management tool that allows us to collaborate, share files, and track progress. It’s often difficult to keep up with our email chains.

We received a nice discount for employing several of their services at the same time.

Grand Apps is always prepared.
    They produce phenomenal work at an affordable price.
    Everything that they have delivered has been excellent.

App Development for Fitness Studio

“They take responsibility for their work, and they deliver exactly what they promise every time.”

Jan. 2013 - Ongoing

Grand Apps developed a mobile app for a fitness studio that lets users view schedules, make reservations, complete payments and consult with a coach. The team improves and updates the platform annually.

Long Beach, California
Sharon Polsky
Owner, UNLEASHED Women's Fitness

Grand Apps delivered a high-quality app that met all expectations and clients praise the platform for its accessibility. The team continues to show excellent project management skills as they maintain the app, following an organized workflow. Overall, they’re a valuable and cost-effective resource.

I’m the owner of UNLEASHED Women’s Fitness. I have a fitness studio in Long Beach, California and offer online weight-loss programs.

For what projects/services did your company hire Grand Apps?

We needed assistance with design, development, and branding.

We wanted customers to be able to interact with our studio in real time, using their mobile devices to schedule reservations.

After negative experiences with two prior vendors, I reached out to Grand Apps.

Grand Apps delivered a client-facing proprietary app. The platform allows clients to view the studio’s schedule, make reservations, and pay for services. We also offer a nightly check-in option, where users can speak with a coach to discuss their daily nutrition and exercise needs. We’ve been using the app for several years now, and Grand Apps updates the system annually with the newest technology.

I worked with their owner and a developer.

I have a great app that my client’s love.

The workflow is amazing. I shared my needs and requirements, and they listened carefully. They didn’t try to sell me things that I didn’t need. At the start of the project, they created a detailed workflow document. Then, they efficiently built an app that met all of my expectations.

They understood the problem that I was trying to solve, and they delivered a solution that was useful, easy to use and cost-effective.

I love working Grand Apps. The team has outstanding customer service skills. They take responsibility for their work, and they deliver exactly what they promise every time.

Overall Score I trust them completely. They helped me save my business.
    Scheduling is easy. They were always available.
    They are very affordable. The team worked with me to put together a reasonable payment plan.
    They exceeded my expectations.
    I’d recommend them to anyone. They’re amazing.

WordPress Dev for PR & Communications Firm

“They're passionate about what they do and want to make their clients happy.”

May 2018 - Ongoing

After designing the wireframes and the architecture, Grand Apps built a new WordPress website that will replace an outdated site.

Katherine Davis
President, Davis Communication Strategies

The internal team is happy with the modern look of the website and the customer service they’ve received. Grand Apps went above and beyond to meet all needs, while their enthusiasm, creativity, and positive company culture earned them favorable referrals.

I'm the founder and principal consultant at Davis Communication Strategies.

What challenge were you trying to address with Grand Apps?

We had had our website for many years, so we needed a new website. I was looking for someone who is professional and skilled at web design to help me.

First, they looked at my old site, trying to understand my business. Then, they came up with creative concepts and started designing the wireframes and the architecture. They've built an entirely new WordPress website with a modern home page.

Initially, I was in touch with a number of different people. Now, I mostly work with my project manager, a developer, and a designer.

How did you come to work with Grand Apps?

They were referred to me by a colleague who had worked with them in the past.

I started working with them in May 2018 and the relationship is ongoing.

The team I'm working with was very excited about my business and some of the creative concepts. They went above and beyond to give me what I was looking for. The home page is very creative and I love the colors and the design.

How did Grand Apps perform from a project management standpoint?

They're very responsive and followed my timeline. We mostly use Webex, email, phone, and text to communicate.

They're passionate about what they do and want to make their clients happy. I felt comfortable with them from the beginning. Also, they're creative and think outside the box.

I can't think of anything.

App Dev for Home Builders Association

“They continue to support us as we work to improve the application.”

June 2017 - Ongoing

After a discovery meeting, Grand Apps created a mockup for a home-showcasing mobile app. Since then, the team has added advertising and messaging features, and they continue to help improve the platform.

Wyoming, MI
Tanya Gonzalez
Communications Director, HBA of Greater Grand Rapids

Since launch, the app has gathered nearly 2,800 downloads and regularly receives positive feedback from users. The Grand Apps team is highly communicative and efficient in their work ethic. Overall, they’re responsive and understanding.

I’m the communications director at the Home Builders Association (HBA) of Greater Grand Rapids. We help builders showcase their talents to prospective buyers.

For what projects/services did your company hire Grand Apps?

We needed to develop an app that corresponded with our Parade of Homes event, where people can tour homes and get a feel for the newest trends and technology in home craftsmanship.

We wanted to provide consumers with an easy way to decide what home they wished to visit, then provide directions.

After reviewing their portfolio, we were impressed with the other apps they’d developed. They also offered a platform that would allow us to accomplish our goals while staying within our budget.

Grand Apps held an initial meeting to determine our goals. Soon after, they came back to us with a mockup of the application. We reviewed the draft, making appropriate changes and suggestions. The team made the necessary adjustments and resubmitted the design for our approval, and we launched it on the market.

They created an accessible platform that displays all of the homes we’re showcasing for a specific season, information about each, and directions to the locations. Since launching, we’ve added advertising opportunities and messaging features to the application. We continue to update the app before each Parade of Homes event.

We had one main point of contact, who worked with a larger background team.

Immediately after launch, our first app was downloaded about 900 times. Since then, that number has grown to about 2,800. Parade visitors highly praise the product.

Grand Apps was extremely helpful and responsive throughout the process. They continue to support us as we work to improve the application.

They’re great communications, quickly and effectively pushing the project forward.

They should remain patient with us as we learn about the technical aspects of the project.

They deliver on time and within our budget.

Member Loyalty Mobile App for Brewing Company

“They were always willing to help and came up with solutions that made our ideas functional.”

June 2017 - Jan. 2018

Grand Apps worked with an in-house team to build a custom app for a brewing company. Features included event notifications, access to member perks, and live menu updates.

Holland, Michigan
HR Coordinator, New Holland Brewing Co.

Their team collaborated well and communicated promptly throughout the project. Although not every desired feature was implemented in the initial launch, Grand Apps worked to incorporate as many as possible.

When we worked with Grand Apps, I was the assistant VP of retail operations for New Holland Brewing Co.

For what projects/services did your company hire Grand Apps ?

We hired them to build a mobile app for employees and members of our Mug Club, which offers customer perks in exchange for a membership fee.

We hadn’t tried anything like this before, so we wanted to test the waters with this app and see if it would be beneficial to users.

They offered the skills we needed at an affordable price and came across as eager to work with us.

Grand Apps helped us build a mobile app for iOS and Android. Our in-house team met regularly with Dan, our account manager, and other members of his team throughout the design and development process. We wanted something that could host our Mug Club subscribers’ membership data and display the perks they’d accumulated. The app also rolls out push notifications to inform users of upcoming events at our pubs and gives them live menu listings.

We ran into a couple of setbacks in terms of what we were able to develop, but the Grand Apps team worked quickly to offer other solutions.

Their team included our project manager and a few designers.

We successfully launched a base version of the app, but I know our in-house staff is still working to improve it and add more features that we want, like messaging.

We worked well together. Communication from their end was always very prompt and informative.

They were always willing to help and came up with solutions that made our ideas functional. We also appreciated how well they continued to follow up throughout the development process.

None that I can think of.

App Dev for Mobility Company

"Grand Apps is willing to go the extra mile."

May 2017 - Ongoing

Grand Apps is building Android and iOS applications to address a client base’s specific needs. Their team is involved in all aspects of development and brainstorming. The project is in the development phase.

Annie Young
Founder, Kaboose

Despite initial setbacks, Grand Apps is working to provide a professional-looking result for the client. Their team is vested and attentive to detail. They can handle any project management issues. Grand Apps’ ability to make the customer feel comfortable has spurred the engagement.

I’m the founder of Kaboose, a mobility company that services seniors and those with disabilities.

What challenge were you trying to address with Grand Apps?

We were looking for a customized platform to help service the needs of the groups we work with.

Grand Apps are building an application for iOS and Android. Our team completed the wireframes and communicated what we are looking for with developers. They assisted us in brainstorming what to include in our platform and what services would make our clients’ lives more accessible and more comfortable.

The project is still in the development phase.

We work primarily with two team members and are in contact with several developers.

How did you come to work with Grand Apps?

We approached several companies all over the country, but most didn’t grasp what we wanted to accomplish. We wondered if the solution was a local company and met with Grand Apps. Our team felt comfortable with their sales person and got what we needed quickly.

We will spend under $75,000.

We began working together in May 2017, and the project is ongoing.

As we go through this process, the attention to detail they have displayed during this engagement is impressive. Grand Apps is making sure we have a visually-simulating, professional application.

How did Grand Apps perform from a project management standpoint?

Dan (Project Manager, Grand Apps) is quick to notice things that go beyond the scope. I worked in project management over the years, and am aware of the challenges it presents. Grand Apps handles those issues exceptionally well.

We meet with their team in person and communicate through email or phone.

Their team is confident in what they do. Grand Apps is willing to go the extra mile.

Grand Apps could handle things differently, but overall, they are doing a great job. Initially, the wireframes weren’t well done, so our team took that over and gave that to them rather than going back and forth.

Web App Dev Real Estate Franchisor

"They’re a younger, innovative group that’s hungry to make things happen."

July 2015 - Ongoing

Grand Apps built a real estate management system. The custom software they now support automates commission payments and stores client and transaction data. It’s used in both corporate and franchise offices.

Ryan D. Kelley
President, City2Shore

Forecasting tools help franchisees plan future activities, while automated payments eliminate the stress of cutting checks. Grand Apps possesses rapid bug-fixes but could take their service to another level by implementing them proactively. Customers can expect a consistent, flexible communicator.

I’m the president of City2Shore, a real estate franchisor in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We offer mostly residential real estate brokerage services in Michigan, Florida, and around the country.

What challenge were you trying to address with Grand Apps?

We wanted a custom software program to house all our real estate transactions, pay commissions and automated clearing house payments (ACHs), and store our data. It would also increase our efficiency by streamlining commission processing, maintaining a past transactions database and a CRM database, and improving process reporting capabilities.

The tool streamlines our entire process—from starting with a cold transaction to paying agents—without the brokers having to do manual work. It stores all our clients’ information, compares it to a required checklist, and then communicates it back to the client. The data from both our corporate and franchise offices are rolled up into a master account.

Starting with just an idea of what we wanted the system to look like, Grand Apps created wireframes and designed, developed, and tested the system within 10 months. The commissioning algorithm is quite complex, and we spent a good deal of time helping the developers understand it. They did a fabulous job. After we rolled out this first phase, we began launching the contact management features. This is an ongoing process that we’re enhancing on a regular basis.

We’ve been in communication with 6–7 people throughout the process, including one project manager.

How did you come to work with Grand Apps?

We sent an RFP to 12 companies and received responses from a little over half of them. After narrowing it down to two companies, we polished our scope a bit more and discussed the project in detail. Eventually, we chose Grand Apps.

My wife had worked with one of their co-founders years ago, and he and I have similar mentalities. When the two of us met, we hit it off, so I included him in the RFP process. That relationship didn’t influence our choice, however. It was strictly a question of who could provide the best service at the most effective cost.

We’ve spent $50,000-$199,999 so far.

We’ve been working with them since July 2015, and we recently signed a new year-long contract.

The franchisees appreciate how the reporting capabilities provide them insight into the future. We included a forecasting system in the contact management phase, so real estate agents can determine future commissions based on the number of days a house is listed for. The system makes all the commissions, and the money shows up in people’s bank accounts after the office manager approves it. No one has to cut checks anymore.

We’ve run about $500,000 through the program, and it works. Grand Apps did a fantastic job. We created it from nothing only a few years ago, so we understand there’ll be a few bugs—even Microsoft Office still has bug fixes. The important part is that Grand Apps always steps up and fixes them.

How did Grand Apps perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been quite accommodating to our requests to meet in-person. We also text, email, and use a ticketing system. We’ve had to dive in and bring a few things to their attention, so there's an opportunity to be proactive rather than reactive. However, if it was truly bad, we’d have found a new provider. I’m an honest person and want to share the good and the bad in this review.

We’ve had to revamp a few things, but that's the case with all software. Similarly, we’re sometimes in bug-fix mode rather than enhancement mode. However, they’re always responsive and ready to jump on board to figure out what’s happening.

They’re a younger, innovative group that’s hungry to make things happen. They know what they’re doing and how to connect the dots to get things done. The services they offer certainly make them worthy to highlight.

They would benefit from being proactive rather than reactive. There’s nothing wrong with sending someone a message or updating them absent a major step forward.

Overall Score Overall, it’s been great. We’re not looking to go anywhere else.

Website Development for Meat Processing Company

“They were wonderful to work with.”

Mar. - May 2019

Grand Apps built a custom website featuring meat products for wholesale and retail customers.

Custer, Michigan
Staci Wood
Business Office Manager, Sanders Meats

Grand Apps delivered an attractive and functional website that is expected to boost revenue. The team stood out because of their responsiveness, fluid communication, and willingness to go the extra mile.

I am the office manager of a meat processing plant that sells retail and wholesale fresh meats.

For what projects/services did your company hire Grand Apps?

We hired them to build a new website.

Our goal was to have a user-friendly and updated website for our customers.

The owner of Grand Apps is a college friend.

Grand Apps built an attractive website that makes it easy for customers to order online.

Our project team worked with two people from Grand Apps.

They met all of our needs, and we’ve seen good results so far. Not only did Grand Apps do exactly what we hired them to do, but they also went above and beyond to make it right.

Genevieve (Project Manager, Grand Apps) and Melissa (Lead Web Developer, Grand Apps) were productive, prompt, and easy to talk to. They were always willing to listen to our suggestions and quickly implemented changes.

We were impressed with their fast response time and willingness to go the extra mile. They were wonderful to work with.

No, I see little need for improvement. They all did a great job.