Magento Online store Development and Support

GoMage are working with Magento for 9 years and we have extensive experience in the Magento online store development. We have successfully completed over 900 Magento projects. We always try to understand the business needs of our clients and only after this we focus on creating reliable and well-designed Magento solutions.

We have only Senior Magento certified developers with huge experience in our team and we develop Magento websites and Magento extensions only according to the best Magento standards and best coding practices. We really care about the quality of our work and we provide outstanding support for our customers.

Our Services include but not limited to:
- Magento Development
- Bulk Data Import into Magento
- Magento Support and Maintenance
- Magento Bug Fixing
- Magento Audit and Code Review

GoMage also has developed dozens of premium Magento extensions which are installed on more than 30.000 Magento stores around the world and we are utilizing our skills and experience to provide any Magento related services to our customers.

Helsinki, Finland

Shirtee, Cokertire, Dutchovens, Shineretrofits, Beaumotica, Iheadphones, Webexpressen, Synocom, Peta, Glencara, Dog Fence DIY, Time 4 sleep, Freedom-Mobiles, Collective Wellbeing, Bicycle Hero, Lamor Summervibes, Supply Chimp, Stateshop, Natura Market, + 900 other Magento projects
Magento Support for Blomsterprenumeration.se Image

Magento Support for Blomsterprenumeration.se

+ 45% increase in online sales

#1 Checkout module customization

Our team created an additional module for the GoMage LightCheckout module, adding the possibility of postponed subscription. Complex functionality of the module, integrated with the Magento admin panel, allowed the customer to set the number of days by which the start of the subscription must be postponed and the days necessary to

process the first order

#2 Integration and customization of payment processing modules

The client wanted to integrate a new payment system that featured postponing subscription starts and various product cost calculations depending on the taxation system.

The module was successfully rewritten and debugged, ensuring the correct operation of newly implemented functionality. According to the client’s requirement, Stripe activates a trial subscription when a product is purchased instead of immediately activating the real subscription.

#3 Bugs Fixing, Testing, Server Support

While we were working on the development of the Magento website, we encountered a range of difficulties that we then successfully resolved.

Magento 2 Development, Upgrade & Design for Restaurant Supply Image

#1 Flexible price output system for customers and suppliers

# 2: Automatic generation of category pages

#3 Integration of Magento with ERP system

Magento Support

• Constant improvement of Magento system performance.
  • Constant updates of
Magento system.
  • Implementation of new features required by the client for their business growth regardless of their complexity.
  • Design modifications by the client’s request.
  • Constant monitoring of the site for possible malfunction
  • Keeping the site operational 24/7
  • Design

Goals #1

Preventing a visitor from leaving the main page and going to competitors’ sites by allowing them to find the required category quickly and easily.

What we did:

• Changed position and design of banners.
    • Added product slides configured according to the client’s preferences.
    • Changed the design and order of the main menu.
    • Modified the top menu

Goal #2

Grouping product categories in a way that would show customers the diversity of products, making a search by categories more convenient and nice looking.

What we did:

• Created 9 templates with various unique product views
    • Added category tags for improving navigation
    Magento2 Development, Server Optimization & Support for Shirtee Image

Magento2 Development, Server Optimization & Support for Shirtee

x10 times increase in speed

x600 times increase in monthly revenue

Website Development

Statistics Module Redesign

To create a statistics service that would allow display of the following key parameters without additional server load:

• Completed orders.
    • Pending orders.
    • Quantity of visits.
    • Profit.
    • Conversion and so
    on.

Solution

We rewrote the core of Magento and implemented a new product grouping item. As result a designer can create a campaign only while separate configurable products with individual print are not generated. Only the administrators of Shirtee can and regularly do create new configurable products available for printing (e.g. a new v-neck t-shirt, a ceramic mug with round handle, etc.).

The customer has 140,000+ campaigns, each of which may include up to 100 various product types, so there might have been a maximum 14,000,000+ separate configurable products requiring creation without our customization. Magento is not capable of handling this kind of products quantity by default.

Server Optimization and 24/7 Support

The customer’s website is highly visited with 15,000+ visitors per day, which obviously creates a high server load.

Solution

We developed a complex structure of 34 servers. All website services were relocated to separate servers

Magento 2 Development & Support for Fashion Eyewear company Image

Magento 2 Development & Support for Fashion Eyewear company

+ 30% increase in overall performance

- 70% reduce of hosting expenses

x2 increase in product page upload speed

Development

#1 Custom Module for Bulk Product Processing

There were over 40,000 various products on the client’s website, as well as information about each of these products, which required regular updates, replacement or removal.

#2 Prescription Module

Functionality Extension

Our team developed functionality that allows an end customer to configure their lenses using the parameters of type, function, thickness, tint, color, and coating.

Magento Upgrade - Migration to Magento 2

We rewrote the majority of website code from scratch in accordance with the latest best practices & transferring all information from the old site.Client has over 40,000 products listed on their store and each of these products carries many unique attributes.

Magento Support

#3 Store Stability and Performance Improvement

• We changed the entire structure by balancing the load between 3 productive servers: one for the database, one for web, one for auxiliary services
    • We selected server characteristics better-suited to heavily loaded websites
    • MySQL operation was optimized due to fine-tuning
    • We provided almost 100% security of the site and client’s data due to the configuration of firewall and protection from bots and DDoS-attacks
    Web Design, Magento Development, & Magento Support for Natura Market Image

Web Design, Magento Development, & Magento Support for Natura Market

Key results:

x2 increase in online sales

x2 increase in overall website performance

#1 Overall website redesign

Our team performed a full website redesign according to the best practices of Magento 2. As 50%

was coming from mobile devices, we a responsive design optimized for different screen sizes and resolutions. Our client now has a user-friendly design and advanced filtering options.

#2 Development

As before the client’s website was running on Magento 1, we needed to migrate it to Magento 2. Because of the differences between the two platforms, it is like the development of a completely new website.

Along the way, we addressed the following issues:

- Update and optimization of extensions and modules

Database transfer from M1 to M2

Transfer of all comments and reviews

Code optimization and bug fixing

Moving website to a new hosting

Integration of modules and extensions

#3 Magento support

Cooperation with our client continues. We provide them with the ongoing website development and support, which includes:

- Addition of new functionality

- Site performance monitoring

- Customization and upgrade of existing features

- Timely Magento updates

E-Commerce Dev & Design for Sporting Goods Company

"Their quality of work is tremendous. Compared to other people’s sites, ours looks phenomenal."

Feb. 2013 - Ongoing

GoMage took over the e-commerce website of a sporting goods company. They built new modules to manage third-party channel sales, upgraded the site to Magento 2, and developed another site from scratch.

Hawk Point, Missouri
    Elizabeth Frankman
    Owner, Bounce Back Sports

The website received praise from outside stakeholders, leading to more work for GoMage. Their high-quality development is complemented by their clear communication and quick responses to questions and ideas. Their willingness to go above and beyond stands out.

I’m the owner of Bounce Back Sports, a sporting goods store. About 90% of our sales take place online through our website and third-party channels, like eBay, Walmart, and Amazon.

What challenge were you trying to address with GoMage?

Our website was done by another organization in 2013. It was having lots of issues, but the company was not being responsive.

GoMage took over my company’s website. They wrote modules to get our products over to third-parties channels and to troubleshoot our errors. They also notified us that we needed to upgrade our Magento platform because it would no longer be supported. They presented the different things we needed to do and what steps they recommended. We followed their recommendations and successfully integrated a new Magento platform.

As we were doing that, I needed another website for another business I have, GoMage built that from scratch.

Alexander (Project Manager) is my main contact, but I worked with someone else first. There are also usually several other team members.

How did you come to work with GoMage?

I went to Upwork and put out a job looking for people experienced with Magento. I looked at how each company’s previous assignments and the way they answered my questions when I interviewed them. I consulted with friends who know a little about this work, and they gave me more questions to ask.

GoMage was confident and gave examples that matched up with what they were saying. We started with little projects, and they provided to be responsive and able to do what they said they would. They’re now the only people I use for my website.

I’ve spent about $45,000.

We started working together in maybe February 2013 or 2014. GoMage is currently tweaking our site, and the other site for my other business is ready to go live.

Everything GoMage has done has been good. For example, once we had an issue where Google marked us an unsafe site. Even though it wasn’t their responsibility, GoMage got in, fixed the problem within 48 hours, and didn’t charge me. That really impressed me.

In addition, they don’t sell me on things that won’t benefit my company. GoMage instead gives me a wide range of options, and when I decide what to do, they proceed with it and make it happen. It’s also been an affordable experience.

How did GoMage perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re very responsive to my ideas, questions, and goals. They bring back options that would work best for what I’m looking for. They also work within my time zone.

The communication is outstanding as well. There is a language barrier, but they have translators with full English fluency. We communicate over a Utrecht system, which they walked me through step by step. I also talk with Alexander once a week over Skype, and we email every couple of days. They’re really responsive. I have nothing bad to say about them whatsoever; they’ve done good work for me, and I’d have no problem referring other people to them.

Their quality of work is tremendous. Compared to other people’s sites, ours looks phenomenal. Our marketing agency was blown away by the quality and the way it looks, and so are other people. Also, thanks to GoMage’s modules, we also no longer have to use a channel advisor to manage our inventory with our third-party channels. It was huge to be able to cut that cost.

I’d love it if GoMage could add more graphic design, but I don’t know if that’s in their realm. I’d also like them to be more familiar with other third party sites like Facebook Marketplace and Groupon; I want to launch there as well. Otherwise, I can’t think of anything. they’re responsive to email and answer in language that I understand. If I have questions about an invoice or finances, they go through it and explain it to me. I hope they continue progressing and learning other sites to help me grow.

Gave a clear goal about what you’re wanting to accomplish. Find a website you like and identify what you like about it. It’ll save you money and time. That was my biggest fault; I knew nothing about websites, I just knew I wanted one. It took a lot of time to communicate what I was looking for from there.

Magento Development Services for Custom Blinds Provider

“They completely blow their competitors out of the water, especially when it comes to speed.”

Jan. 2020 - Ongoing

GoMage handles Magento development efforts for a custom blinds provider. Their team provides a large range of services including website auditing, speed and performance improvement, and process automation.

Bristol, United Kingdom
    James Taylor
    Co-Founder, Make My Blinds

The partner is happy and satisfied with the results of the deliverables. GoMage's work has improved the website's speed and saved several hours of manual processing time. Their team is communicative and responsive. They're experts in their field who provide transparency throughout project stages.

I’m the co-founder of Make My Blinds. I oversee mostly all the operations side of the business, including managing web development tasks.

What challenge were you trying to address with GoMage?

Our company was previously working with another agency local to us in Bristol. However, we were really struggling to get the quality of development work we needed, both in terms of output from an agency and just having the technical knowhow. We needed to find a new agency that was good enough and met our needs.

Essentially, we had a long list of jobs and operational efficiencies that needed completing. One of the most important tasks was improving the speed of our site because it was terribly slow. We wanted to find the best people we could and had to go international to find them.

Our team has an ongoing list of jobs we’ve always wanted to do but were held back by our previous agency. First and foremost, GoMage performed a full code audit of our website. This helped identify issues that had been botched by the last agency. A lot of the problems involved some needed clean-up and fixes on the backend coding. GoMage also implemented Algolia, which is a quick search system for websites.

Their team handled the process of reformatting our site’s frontend, which encompassed entire category and search function rebuilds. They also automated our manual process of sending free samples to customers who request them.

Another big task they’re currently working on is electronically linking our website directly to our supplier. We won’t have to manually place any orders anymore because our Magento site will talk to the supplier’s interface.

GoMage provides 24/7 server support and also does some work for our blog. They swapped the blog platform hosted on Magento and used a plugin that one of their developers built. Mostly everything is project-based and clearly allocated in terms of time and resources. The Algolia search transition is one of the bigger projects.

I mostly speak to Yuriy (Customer Success Manager) for issue-related things. We also interact with about four people, including an account manager and frontend developer.

How did you come to work with GoMage?

I conducted a Google search for Magento agencies in Kyiv. Magento originated from Kyiv, so if we wanted the best people for the job, we had to go to the source. My co-founder and I traveled there and met with 3–4 different agencies.

GoMage had the best office setup. They didn’t have the largest number of developers, but they were purely focused on Magento rather than doing lots of different coding languages. This would present the risk of their team stretching themselves too far, which is what some of the other agencies seemed to be doing.

We’ve invested between $16,000–$20,000 so far.

Our ongoing engagement began in January 2020.

Their team has massively improved the speed and performance of our website. Because we’ve experienced several agencies now, we have a good sense of who’s good and who isn’t. When it comes to GoMage, our requests have never been a problem. They’re always fine with every task we present them. If not, they suggest an even quicker or better way to handle something. There’s never any resistance from their side, and they’re very solution-oriented.

A particularly amazing feat was when they handled the free sample process automation. They finished that project in just eight hours. They went from a concept we didn’t know was even possible and by the end of the day had built it on our development site. They rolled it onto production the following morning. It was extremely quick.

Their work with electronically linking our website directly to our supplier has saved us hours of work a week and has become fully automated.

One time, we had an issue where our site went down on a Saturday morning. Within five minutes of me contacting them about this error, they responded that they had fixed it. They work at a rapid speed. The best way to describe them is that they’re constantly thinking outside of the box to come up with different ways to fix problems and provide solutions.

On top of everything, the value we’re getting is immense in terms of the fact that they’re half the cost of a UK development team who isn’t fully qualified in Magento. Overall, we’re very happy and very satisfied.

How did GoMage perform from a project management standpoint?

We put the GoMage team onto a dashboard that features screenshots of what we’re looking to achieve. The information gets passed from the account manager to a developer. There’s always clarity on who’s working on what projects. We have a Slack channel we use every day for quick questions here and there.

When we put a project on the dashboard, our account manager will estimate that it’ll take X number of hours. We give them approval, and they go off and complete the project. Once finished, they provide feedback reporting on how long it actually took them. They’ve always come right on the money or just under what they quoted in terms of hours.

Before starting anything, they always communicate time expectations so there’s never any shock or guesswork in how long they’re spending on certain projects. Everything is tracked through YouTrack so we know how many hours are spent on different elements. There’s clear reporting on their work so we’re able to see all project stages.

There’s fluidity in our conversations with them. We don’t need everything to be very structured because we trust them to do a good job. They’re even good at chasing us down if we’re the ones causing a delay. We have a very good system.

Their speed is the most impressive attribute about them. An example of this was when we quoted our previous agency to handle some speed optimization for the website. They quoted it would take 150 hours — GoMage did it in about 15 hours. They took our desktop site from a 45 on the Google Lighthouse speed check to a 92. Compared to other agencies, they completely blow their competitors out of the water, especially when it comes to speed.

No, there are no areas for improvement.

Overall Score Everything has been done according to the allocated time and amount they charged.
      On the whole it’s pretty good but there’s been a recent hiccup, which they communicated beforehand.

E-Commerce Dev & Maintenance for Air Quality Device Company

"GoMage’s technical understanding has been very fruitful."

Sept. 2018 - Ongoing

After working with a previous provider, a home indoor air quality service hired GoMage to update and perform maintenance on their e-commerce system. They recently implemented a newer Magento 2 platform.

Oslo, Norway
    Julian Piek
    Enterprise Architect, Airthings

The team at GoMage upgraded the e-commerce system quickly, meeting deadlines with no issues. Their flexible approach complemented their communicative style. Customers can expect a skilled and solutions-oriented team of developers.

I work at Airthings, a Norwegian-based company that produces home indoor air quality devices. We offer our products in the US and Europe. I’m the enterprise architect that focuses on the ongoing implementation projects and application landscape throughout the company.

What challenge were you trying to address with GoMage?

One of our focuses is the e-commerce system of our web store. We originally had a Magento 1 e-commerce platform made by a different provider. After four or five years, we switched to GoMage for their maintenance and support services.

Initially, GoMage supported our team in maintaining and enhancing the Magento 1 platform. Since the beginning of the year, we’ve used them to implement our Magento 2 version from scratch. We’ll continue using their services for enhancements, but also expanding them to improve our functionalities further and cater to our aggressive expansion plans and business channels within the new system.

Roman (Project Manager) is our main point of contact. They have two fulltime developers and some part-time resources for testing and DevOps.

How did you come to work with GoMage?

We switched to GoMage before I started at the company. I know that my company was unhappy with the previous provider’s quality and price.

So far, we’ve invested €45,000 (approximately $49,000 USD).

We started on engagement with GoMage in September 2018. Their work on the new system began in December 2019.

Since March 2020, our new Magento platform has been live. We managed to step up the new Magento 2 store in a matter of weeks. We are happy with the customized modules they delivered. The system is taking orders in over ten countries with different accounting systems and payment methods connected to the site.

GoMage’s technical understanding has been very fruitful. When we discuss ideas with them, they can question what we’re proposing and suggest alternative solutions to problems. With other agencies I’ve worked with, they executed, only for us to find out that it wasn’t something we actually wanted or asked for.

How did GoMage perform from a project management standpoint?

For project management, their team uses YouTrack, which is a similar tool to Jira. It keeps track of work tasks and prioritizes what should go in upcoming releases for both features and bugs.

Their team is extremely flexible from a deadline perspective. Whenever something had to be escalated, they delivered even outside of working times and on the weekends. So far, they’ve achieved every deadline, and they even delivered earlier than expected at times.

When it comes to Magento, they’re skilled. They have senior developers on their team. Most of them worked for Magento previously. We can see that knowledge clearly within the application.

Their communication approach also works pretty well. We went over there a few months ago to meet the team. It was a great experience, discussing the roadmap and reflecting on the work thus far.

No, we’re satisfied. Most of our issues have been with our own requirements.

The most beneficial thing to do for engagements like this is to spend time initially and talk through the business, its challenges, and the different nuances that may make needs different.

The more they know about the company, the better they can ensure that they can build something that actually gives benefit in the long run. This goes back to what I said, that they don’t just execute on our requirements, but actually reflect on and question them to find the best solution.

Web Dev for Premium Eyewear Retailer

"They’ve been able to everything I’ve asked."

Nov. 2014 - Ongoing

GoMage provides web development services for a glasses retailer on an ongoing basis. Initially working in Magento 1, they’ve since iterated the site and moved to Magento 2.

Tej Johal
    Founder & CEO, Fashion Eyewear

GoMage’s efforts have been met with unanimous acclaim. The team is diligent, organized, and can turn work around quickly if need be. Customers can expect a multi-talented team that drives results.

I'm the founder and CEO of online eyeglasses and sunglasses retail company.

What challenge were you trying to address with GoMage?

We needed to make a new website.

They built our site from scratch using PHP on Magento 1, based on our wireframes. We took it live and have since continued to make improvements on the website since then. Our latest site was built using Magento 2.

I had several project managers over the years.

How did you come to work with GoMage?

I found them on a freelance site first. I gave them a small project to do first, and then we proceeded from there.

We began working together in November 2014, and our engagement is ongoing.

Our business has grown significantly.

How did GoMage perform from a project management standpoint?

We used Slack for communication and YouTrack for project management. Overall, they've been pretty good. I've been really satisfied with their communication the most. They’ve been able to everything I’ve asked.

If I ever need something done quickly, they'll try their best to get it done for me even if it's as short of a turnaround time as the next day

Their design is always outsourced.

My advice is to be as clear as possible in the brief.

E-Commerce Development for Restaurant Equipment Company

“They allocate the appropriate number of resources to handle tasks in a timely fashion.”

Apr. 2019 - Ongoing

With a list of given project expectations, GoMage took charge of the front- and backend development of an e-commerce website. They customized a Magento website according to functional requirements.

Orange County, California
    IT Manager, Restaurant Equipment Company

Impressing the internal staff with their deliverables, the team devoted the time and attention needed to foster a reliable, trusting relationship with their partner. They take preventative action and respond to issues in a timely manner. Their ability to prioritize efficiency added value.

We specialize in selling restaurant equipment and supplies to B2B audiences. My role is the lead project manager for developing a new e-commerce website.

What challenge were you trying to address with GoMage?

They assisted me in the creation of an e-commerce website.

We never had an e-commerce site for this business before. I first created the designs outside my relationship with them. Once the designs were complete, I started looking for vendors that could apply it on top of the Magento framework.

I decided very early in the process that we’d use Magento based on our requirements. We needed GoMage to take the designs provided by my designer and translate them into code. Another major requirement was to set up the extensions and modifications of the Magento code needed to facilitate the custom requirements that we needed.

I put together a list of requirements and presented them to GoMage. They looked at them, quoted me for the front- and backend development, and got to work, building the site from the ground up.

Our main point of contact was a project manager. Our original manager switched partway through the development. We also had direct phone correspondence with the developers over the phone and through a shared helpdesk tool.

How did you come to work with GoMage?

I put the project on UpWork, and they bid on it. It was clear that they offered relevant experience. After speaking with their sales representative, I felt that they were knowledgeable enough to give them a try.

We’ve spent about $20,000 in total.

We started working together at the end of April 2019, and our project with them is ongoing.

While their involvement didn’t really require any hard metrics on our end, they’ve performed and managed the project very well.

How did GoMage perform from a project management standpoint?

In addition to my regular communication with my project manager, I can interface with the developers directly using their ticket system. Given our remote relationship, communication has been very streamlined.

They allocate the appropriate number of resources to handle tasks in a timely fashion. We correspond using Slack throughout the workday, and there’s never been an issue with getting a response within 24 hours. That goes for both our project manager and the developers.

Their communication is much better than my typical experiences with outsourced companies. They have processes set up to prevent any major emergencies during my workday because that’s nighttime for them. I appreciate that forethought.

No, everything’s been good.

Communicate requirements to them beforehand and get an estimated timeline early on. Be as clear with your goals as possible to prevent scope creeps or budget issues.

Website Opt. & Migration for Natural Foods E-Commerce Store

“They are always really up to date on updates and patches to Magento that we need to implement.”

July 2018 - Ongoing

GoMage overhauled the capacity of a Magento 1 website, allowing it to handle growth in their client’s traffic. They later migrated that site and all of its data to Magento 2 using existing design principles.

Founder, Naturamarket.ca

Since the website is the main source of revenue for project stakeholders, the successful capacity and transfer provided by GoMage were critical in sustaining their business. The GoMage team is skilled and flexible, communicating openly and maintaining consistent progress at all times.

I’m the owner of Naturamarket.ca, which is an online food company in Canada.

What challenge were you trying to address with GoMage?

Our website was not handling the growth in our traffic, so we hired GoMage to optimize that and then to migrate our site from Magento 1 to Magento 2.

The first phase of their involvement was to optimize our site to handle increased traffic. After that, we found out that Magento was discontinuing Magento 1, so they built the new website on Magento 2 from scratch, using our existing design templates. From there, they were able to transfer all of our data and customer information over to the new site.

We have a project manager who acts as our main point of contact, and then there is a team of about 5 or 6 people working on the development in the background at various times, doing backend development or UX/UI design depending on what stage of the project we are at.

How did you come to work with GoMage?

We found them on Upwork, where they had a lot of good reviews. We reached out to them, and after our conversation decided to engage with them directly.

We have spent around $300,000 with them overall.

We started working together in March 2018, and we are continuing to provide them with functionality upgrades and other maintenance tasks for the site.

The website is up and running and has the capacity to handle even more traffic than we are receiving now, which is the biggest sign of success. Our website is our main source of revenue, so the fact that they were able to transfer that without it ever going down was really incredible for us.

How did GoMage perform from a project management standpoint?

Our assigned project manager does a great job of staying on top of all tasks and keeping things moving. He communicates with us regularly on Slack and we are always able to get in contact with him for anything we need.

They have a really extensive and skilled team of developers, so even if one goes on vacation, they are always able to keep the work flowing and avoid any delays in your timeline. They are always really up to date on updates and patches to Magento that we need to implement. We really appreciated that aspect of their business.

No, there is nothing in particular that I wish they would improve.

Just trust their process. Their system is well organized, so if you make an effort to work with them it will be a seamless partnership.