Empowering Digital Transformation

At Goldfish we turn your app & website ideas into reality.

Whether you want an iOS app in Swift, an Admin Portal in PHP/Larvel, a cross-platform React Native app or a highly scalable Python/Django REST API, we have the expertise to get it done.  We offer full-stack development services for all major modern technologies.

But we don’t stop there - we recognize that coding is only one step in the process of creating a product so we assist with everything from idea to launch.

Our comprehensive approach to development includes:

• Strategy Consulting
  • Technical Architecture
  • Feature Recommendations & Advice
  • UI/UX Design & Branding
  • Project Management & Planning
  • Quality Control & Testing
  • Coaching & Training
  • Maintenance, Devops & On-going Support

We understand that you have a tight budget but you still require high quality professional work.  To keep costs low, we work with vetted offshore developers in Vietnam, India, Chile, and Belarus.  We monitor their code, guide them through the tricky parts and ensure best practices are followed.

Imagine working with an overseas team without needing to deal with major quality issues, communication/cultural barriers, time zone differences or management/process issues.  We bring you low costs without the gamble.

Pat & Bryan started Goldfish with a vision to help people and share our combined 30+ years tech experience to have an impact.  We want to give first-timers the benefit of our experiences including lessons we have learned from failing ourselves and climbing the learning curve.

At Goldfish, we don’t treat you like just another client, we become your partner, team member and advisor.  We’re genuinely excited about seeing your vision come to life.

New York, NY
  • New York, NY
  • Sacramento, CA

Microsoft MIT Artificial Intelligence Data Lab San Francisco Department of Public Works DJ Maps Oli Oli - Screenshare your iPhone Know Thyself Fitness PranaRow Kickback iVote Protagonist Brewing

iVote Image

iVote

Simple Voter Registration & Reminders

iVote is the first digital assistant to lead voters through each step of the voting process, from registering to requesting a mail-in ballot to submitting it on time. iVote is non-partisan and does not support any political party or candidate.

Standalone Native iOS and Android Applications that integrated with

3rd party API (vote.org) to determine state by state voting deadlines and allow users to register to vote. Advised client through features, design and implementation.

• Local Data Storage
  • Push Notifications
  • 3rd Party Embedded iFrame
PranaRow Image

PranaRow

Personal Trainer app for Rowing Machines

PranaRow is an advanced rowing machine monitor/computer that surpasses what is currently on the market for high end indoor rowing machines. The machine is powered by a wifi-enabled android system and allows rower’s statistics to be saved in the cloud. Rowing coaches can create custom workout sessions for rowers based on a variety of target

metrics.

Details
For PranaRow, we assisted extensively with design & architecture of the rowing application front-end and web portal.

• Upload Photo
  • Contacts/Friends List
  • Metrics Tracking
Kickback Image

Kickback

Social community for College Students

Kickback is a social media application that resembles Instagram, built for college students.

• Exclusively for college students and recent grads. Use your college email address to join.
  • My U or Open modes. Socialize with friends at your school only in My U mode. Open up to all friends at all schools in Open mode.
  • Advanced Search. Search
for friends by name, school, class year, major, organizations/clubs, keywords…
  • Profiles are a thing so why not make them matter? We do. Have fun and be as creative as you want.
  • Stories ARE the feed. Stories have become the best part of social media. We’ve taken them to a new level by making them sortable, searchable…you can “”like”” and leave comments…they make up the feed in a de-cluttered format.
  • NO ALGORITHMS. Sort your feed by time posted or by popularity by clicking Kickback at the top of the page.
  • Browse (In top “”Kickback”” dropdown). View the top trending posts of users you don’t already follow. It’s an easy way to connect with friends or make new ones.
  • Details
    React Native iOS application that includes a news feed, social profiles and a Stories feature that matches the instagram Stories feature.

• Upload Photo/Video
    • News Feed
    • Contacts/Friends List
    • Text/Sticker Overlay on Photo
    Protagonist Brewing Image

Protagonist Brewing

Beer tasting notes & leaderboard for a brewery
    Protagonist Beer Club is a loyalty app for customers of the Protagonist Brewery. Browse the Protagonist beer menu. We’re a beer bar in Charlotte’s NoDa neighborhood. Beers from your tab are auto-imported so you can leave ratings and tasting notes. The app is also your ticket to the Protagonist Curious Beer Club (PCBC), so we can track your beer drinking

adventures and share member benefits along the way.

Details
    React Native iOS and Android Applications that integrate with a 3rd Party API (Arryved) that is a POS system for a brewery. The app shows the current menu of beers dynamically by pulling data from the Arryved API. Results are displayed in the app with meta info for each beer. Users may enter their bar tab # into the app & any purchases they make shall be automatically imported into their beers list. Users can then add tasting notes and ratings for each beer consumed. Additionally, the number of beers a user orders will impact their rank on the app’s leaderboard. Users are also enrolled in a membership program that generates automated emails when they reach certain #s of beers consumed.

• Leaderboard
    • Rating

Web Design for Medical Education Company

"They’re dedicated to making sure the client is happy with the results."

Mar. 2019 - Ongoing

Goldfish Code works on UI design and database construction. They also created a logo for the client.

Connecticut
    John Huston
    Founder, BoardBank

Goldfish Code has met all of the milestones and user requirements set by the client. They have good project management skills and always ask for feedback. Dedicated to making sure the client is happy with the results, they can change depending on the business’s needs.

I’m the founder and CEO of BoardBank, an online medical education web application.

What challenge were you trying to address with Goldfish Code?

I hired them for front- and backend web design.

Goldfish Code mainly works on database construction of user profile and user information storage. They also work on UI design and created a logo.

I work directly with five team members, but there were others that I haven’t worked with.

How did you come to work with Goldfish Code?

They were referred to me by a friend, so I emailed them to see if they would be interested in helping out.

We’ve spent $25,000 on the project.

We began working together in March 2019 and the project is wrapping up.

They’ve met all of our milestones and user requirements.

How did Goldfish Code perform from a project management standpoint?

They perform well. Being transparent, they’ve been in close contact with me using weekly emails and were organized and upfront about expectations. They show me what they’ve produced and ask for feedback. Occasionally, they’ve helped guide me through the process.

They have a great customer service perspective. They’re dedicated to making sure the client is happy with the results. Being agile, they can change based on the client’s needs. They also have affordable pricing for the services they offer.

The only thing I can think of is having periodic verbal check-ins with the team lead monthly or bi-monthly for clarification on goals instead of just emailing to see how things are going or if there are any questions. I think an email can sometimes get lost.

Initiate over-the-phone communication and get hard deadlines on when things are due. Have them set and keep deadlines so they have flexibility.

At times the project extended longer than I anticipated.
      I think they’re high value for what they charge.
      I was very happy with the results they produced.

App Development for Voter Engagement Platform

"The strategic guidance I got from Goldfish was outstanding."

Aug. - Nov. 2018

Goldfish Code developed a mobile app for a nonprofit political organization. The team built both an iOS and Android version of the platform to track voters' progress from requesting a ballot through voting.

Wells Wulsin
    Founder, Tech for America

The app gained reocgnition from civi organizations and currently has a 4.4-star rating in the App Store. Goldfish Code frequently responds to emails, establishing an effective workflow. The team leverages their technical expertise and experience to produce quality results.

I am the founder of Tech for America, a nonprofit political organization dedicated to using technology to boost voter participation.

For what projects/services did your company hire Goldfish Code?

Goldfish Code built a mobile app for iOS and Android that assists users with the voting process.

My goal was to get an app live on the App Store and Google Play Store before the 2018 midterm election. I wanted to learn how well such an app would work to boost voter participation. Goldfish accomplished my desired objectives, meeting the target deadlines on time.

I requested bids from about 5 vendors from UpWork, all of whom had stellar ratings. Goldfish Code was head and shoulders above the rest because:

1. it offered a fixed price for the project that was lower than all of the other bids and
    2. the conversation I had with Bryan showed me how strategically he thinks about the business problem, not just the technical implementation. None of the other vendors offered the same level of strategic problem-solving capability.

The project was to build from scratch a mobile app that tracks a user's progress from registering to vote, requesting a mail-in ballot, and submitting the ballot. At each step, the app provides resources to complete the step and sends reminders to the user with increasing frequency as each deadline approaches.

My main point of contact was Bryan Farris, who served as project manager. We also worked with a designer early on to design the logo and some other graphics for the app.

We got a 4.4-star rating on the app store and generated significant interest from civic organizations working on voter registration.

We had a very effective workflow - Bryan would reply to emails or phone calls very promptly.

The strategic guidance I got from Goldfish was outstanding. I felt like they were co-founders - helping to shape my vision of what my company could become and thinking through the tactics of how to achieve those goals. I never expected to get that level of deep strategic advice from a development shop.

No need for improvement. I just hope they are able to keep up with the demand for their services, since I expect many others like me will be lining up to use them.

Overall Score Goldfish taught me so much - not only about building an app but also about starting a business.
      The Goldfish cost estimate beat all the other vendors who sent me bids.
      Goldfish built a beautiful mobile app in under two months.
      I can't imagine a better experience working with a mobile app developer.

Mobile App Development for Brewery

“I always feel up to date on the work and can reach them anytime I have questions or issues that need to be dealt with.”

Apr. 2019 - Ongoing

Goldfish Code is developing a cross-platform mobile application for a Brewery in Charlotte, North Carolina. Their team works in React and Python to enable cloud-integration, app analytics, and user-management.

Charlotte, North Carolina
    Co-Founders, Protagonist Brewery

The application operates smoothly and has satisfied project stakeholders with its progress so far. Users express excitement and investment in the features of the app, and have experienced no issues in testing. The Goldfish Code team is communicative and stays within budget and time constraints.

I run a brewery in Charlotte, North Carolina called Protagonist, and I’ve got two co-founders along with me.

What challenge were you trying to address with Goldfish Code?

We wanted to build an app to serve our members that would allow people to track the beers that they like and engage with the community in terms of reviews, tasting notes, levels, and things like that.

Goldfish was our development partner for the entirety of the project, helping us to wireframe the initial design as well as developing the app from there. They built it on React to be available cross-platform with both iOS and Android, and they used Python for the backend.

We interacted directly with Brian (Founder, Goldfish Code), Nancy (Project Manager, Goldfish Code), and Pat (Lead Developer, Goldfish Code), and they had an outsourced team of developers working under them as well.

How did you come to work with Goldfish Code?

I believe we found them on an online job board through a bid to our project posting. Their team and project history seemed like a good fit, so we decided to go with them.

I believe we’ve spent about $50,000 in total so far.

We’ve approached the development process in a few discrete stages, including launching and testing an MVP, but the process first started around April 2019 and is still ongoing.

Since the app is very much still in the testing stages, most of the user feedback has been regarding features our customers would like to see added, but we’ve had virtually no negative input whatsoever.

The app has no bugs or usability problems, and it’s fully instrumented in terms of the cloud integration, account management, and exception handling. We also have a good level of visibility into the analytics of the app and backend, so I don’t anticipate finding any problems there.

How did Goldfish Code perform from a project management standpoint?

They do a great job with project management. I always feel up to date on the work and can reach them anytime I have questions or issues that need to be dealt with.

They do a really good job of sticking within scope, budget, and deadlines, which are three qualities that are remarkably rare among development companies. Just having that kind of consistency in expectations with a vendor is incredibly beneficial to our relationship as a whole.

I really don’t think there’s anything they should do better, I’ve been completely satisfied with their work so far.

I think our project benefited from the fact that we came in with a really well defined scope for the project. Their team is definitely good with workshopping ideas as well, but in terms of efficiency, having discrete goals in place to work towards will go a long way to help keep the project on track.

They delivered on their sprint plan almost exactly.
      They provide a fixed bid, so you won’t have any cost overruns.
      Budget, communication, timeline were all on point.

iOS Development for Innovation Lab

"If there's a bug or something, we know they'll fix it."

May 2019 - Ongoing

Goldfish Code developed an iOS application and a website in its role as an ongoing development partner. Working with designs and feature descriptions, they execute on existing requirements.

Co-Founder, Innovation Lab

Internal stakeholders are pleased with the collaboration so far, praising Goldfish Code’s proactive communication and commitment to finding solutions. They’ve provided competent project management as needed and earned a reputation for fair estimates. Customers can expect a steady partner.

I'm one of the co-founders of an innovation lab that builds products and provides strategic services to clients. These can involve building products like iOS apps or hardware or even just providing design, UX, or business strategy advice. We also internally develop our own products and things of that nature.

What challenge were you trying to address with Goldfish Code?

We hired them to do some software engineering. We work with a number of partners for different projects and Goldfish was one of the ones we hired to help us in building an iOS application.

They did some of the engineering, actually building out the app and helping us test it and deploy it. They also did some infrastructure work like helping us set up the cloud backend.

We do all the design in-house, including the screens, assets, and graphics, as well as the product behind it. We handle defining how the product's features work. Goldfish just did the execution and engineering part of it. They were given all the assets and asked to do the development.

After they helped us with the initial app, they helped us build our website. It was a WordPress website but the development probably is almost all custom JavaScript. It's your typical JavaScript, CSS, HTML world. They're also going to be helping us with our internal product development.

I understand their team is actually a lot larger, but I interacted with four people on a consistent basis. Nancy is their project manager, and Brian (Founder & CEO, Goldfish Code) is their salesperson. Pat (Founder & CTO, Goldfish Code) is their lead technical resource and my main point of contact. He and I worked very closely to make sure everything was being built in accordance with what we wanted and that the infrastructure was working. Nancy would help sometimes in project management-oriented work.

How did you come to work with Goldfish Code?

We found them through our network and I scoped out their LinkedIn profile. I also noticed that they were listed on Upwork. They work with a number of labs at MIT, my alma mater, and I was able to look at the projects they worked on. That helped me decide they had the skill set necessary for this project.

We've spent around $70,000–$80,000.

We’ve been working together since May 2019.

We think of success in broad terms. The way it's worked so far is we ask ourselves: "Are we happy with the output?" We tend to work pretty well together in the sense that we clearly define what we're looking for in the beginning so there are no real surprises at the end.

Sometimes there are bugs or breakages in software, but Goldfish does a pretty good job of fixing those. If we use metrics like satisfaction score or getting the product done on time, I would say it's been pretty successful so far.

How did Goldfish Code perform from a project management standpoint?

It's hard to say how they do across the board. We’re a startup so we're fairly hands-on, and when we hire a partner, they don't work in a black box. We think of all our partners as team members. There hasn't been too much needed from their side in terms of project management because we like to do it ourselves, assigning work when we can and figuring out who should be doing what. But, in the cases where their project manager has been involved, they’ve been helpful.

They're very dedicated to doing good work and they're very smart and easy to work with. You get someone very eager to do the job right. For all those reasons, we've been working together for just over six months, so there's a lot of trust on both sides. When they come back to us with an estimate, there's almost never a negotiation because we trust them to be fair and to get the job done right. If there's a bug or something, we know they'll fix it.

We've worked with other development agencies before who haven't worked out so well. We had a different company do our website last year, and they did really badly. Everything was late, and they didn't seem knowledgeable about how to do things to the point where we had to find solutions for them. It seemed like we were putting more time in it than they were. In this situation with Goldfish, they know what they're doing. We've worked together to figure out some of the problems but I don't worry that they're not going to get their work done.

This is a hard question because we knew they had the skillset to do the things we hired them to do and they are really good partners. If I had to pick something, the only thing I can think of is being more transparent about the tools they use to do PM work, so we can integrate better their workflow.

Overall Score Very good.
      I've never had a problem with deadlines for them. If there's something that's going to be delayed it's because my team has increased the scope.
      I find it very reasonable.
      I'll definitely recommend them.

Front- & Backend Dev for Group Messaging App

"Working with them to turn this idea into a reality was really refreshing."

July - Oct. 2018

Goldfish Code provided development support for a mobile app. They worked to connect several APIs and servers on the front- and backend of the app, testing the final product at the end.

Founder, Messaging Mobile App

Though the app has yet to launch, Goldfish Code’s work went above and beyond the client’s expectations. Their ability to seamlessly integrate with an existing team of engineers made them valued partners. The enthusiasm and skillset they brought made them stand out from others in the industry.

I’m the founder and CEO of a camera-based group messaging app. It helps people organize plans with their friends.

What challenge were you trying to address with Goldfish Code?

I had been working with a few engineers that I’d recruited to the project and wanted to accelerate the process, so I hired Goldfish Code to support the full-stack development. We needed some help getting us across the finish line and I wanted to have one company responsible for piecing all the different parts of the project together.

Their team helped with various programming and development tasks to get us up to speed with the Android platform. Everything was architected, but I needed help connecting the APIs on the front- and backend.

The frontend was written in React Native with Segment SDK to plug-in different analytics. Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) and Branch Metrics were used to power the initial user acquisition strategy to share with friends that didn’t have the app yet.

We used Microservices Architecture on the backend, which is hosted on AWS. The entire platform runs on Javascript, so everything is in Docker containers and our social graph database runs with Neo4j. We also use Hydra as a lightweight, open-sourced library.

Their team put all of these different pieces together, ensured they communicated correctly, tested and performed QA on it, and published it.

Bryan (Founder & CEO, Goldfish Code) was our point person and around four people supported him. Depending on the task, different people worked on the project. Between 1–2 engineers worked on the backend and 2–3 had worked on the frontend.

How did you come to work with Goldfish Code?

Initially, I was never looking to spend money and was networking with engineers who wanted to work on the project as a side job. Someone I recruited for the project mentioned having worked with Goldfish Code in the past and introduced them to me. After meeting with them, I realized I was ready to spend money and use their services to get us across the finish line with the product.

I spent between $30,000–$35,000 on their services.

We worked together from July–October 2018.

Overall, they were incredible to work with. So far, I’ve been able to use the product to interview design schools and gather user feedback. Unfortunately, I’m still waiting on a patent for the platform, so we haven’t reached those next steps of selling or going further with the product.

How did Goldfish Code perform from a project management standpoint?

Working with them was exactly what I wanted because I was able to embed them into our team and my CTO was able to interact with them a lot. This connection was really important because of how involved my CTO was in the entire process of setting up the APIs and servers. Whenever something didn’t go according to plan, like an issue with an animation, there was always someone enthusiastic to help free of charge.

Everything ran seamlessly. It only took a few weeks to handle the back and forth about operational needs, but then Goldfish Code was off to the races. There was a list dedicated to the tasks we had scoped out for them and they got feedback from the CTO on the different needs of the project. We communicated through Slack every day and they had a clear understanding of our needs. They chipped away at the work week after week and welcomed our feedback.

Working with them to turn this idea into a reality was really refreshing. I’d been trying to get this product across the finish line, so it was amazing to interact with them and get the project done. They were very startup-friendly, helping us build a product from an idea. They might work with bigger companies, but they were easy to work with at our size.

Unlike other companies looking to make money, this team was different and actually listened to our challenges. I appreciated that they advised us and help prioritize different stages of the project, strategizing the best way to get the work completed.

No, there’s nothing they could have done better. Although I fell short on achieving the true potential of the product and am stuck at a crossroads, they still went above and beyond for the project. If I couldn’t hire a full-time team in the future, I would definitely use Goldfish Code again.

I supplied them with a very specific set of tasks, so I’m not sure if it’d be the same experience going into it blindly. Giving them task-based assignments made them easy to work with and they delivered within the timeframe.

Go in knowing what you’re looking for, agree on the rate and hours, and determine what the buffer for your project is. If you run into a bump, they’ll know what to do in that situation if you have good communication upfront and you won’t be disappointed.

Development for B2B Wholesale Platform

"It’s hard to find a team as reliable, consistent, and dedicated to their work as Goldfish Code is."

Mar. 2019 - Ongoing

Goldfish Code has designed, developed and maintained a web platform and mobile app. They built the site from scratch and integrated several features, including a marketplace, chat room, and payment processor.

Hayden Howard
    Founder, Trade-In-Tech

The ongoing support from Goldfish Code has met the highest standards; their top-notch work and deep expertise are impressive. Bringing strong communication skills and a passion for the work, they provide a personalized process.

I’m the owner of Trade-In Tech, a B2B wholesale platform. We work with verified consumer electronics wholesalers, retailers, and distributors to connect them with clients globally.

What challenge were you trying to address with Goldfish Code?

We hired Goldfish Code to design and manage part of our platform, but we ended up using them for the entire development of the project.

Goldfish Code designed and developed our web-based platform. They also built our mobile app for iOS and Android devices. They used Kubernetes and custom-built our platform.

Within it, Goldfish Code built several features to enable users to communicate, use the integrated marketplace, and process payments. They created the subscription-based programs on our site, along with the chat rooms, profiles, directories, and blogs. Their team is responsible for email marketing and analytics work as well.

Around 10 people in total have worked with us, but I communicate with three people mainly.

How did you come to work with Goldfish Code?

We vetted quite a few companies through Upwork. Goldfish Code has a great reputation, so we chose them.

We’ve spent between $30,000–$40,000.

We started working together in March 2019 and our engagement is ongoing. We’ve wrapped up all the current tasks, but we have future development needs lined up with them.

Every single deliverable has been immaculate. All of the tasks we’ve asked them to do have been accomplished and done well, which is the most important thing. They help our company be much more efficient, allowing us to expand.

How did Goldfish Code perform from a project management standpoint?

Their communication level is unheard of in their industry—I’ve never met a group of developers with better social skills than Goldfish Code. They’re efficient and the communication between every teammate is very easy. They also provide reports and updates about their progress, so I’m always notified about any issues and changes. Everything has been organized and maintained well.

It’s hard to find a team as reliable, consistent, and dedicated to their work as Goldfish Code is. They’re able to scale with us, too. For example, within the first few days of launching we brought on nearly 500 members and they were able to handle that process with us. They expand their support, which is exactly what we need.

I have no complaints with them at all since they’re doing very well. However, all developers in the industry need continuous improvement when it comes to quality control since no code will ever be perfect. In general, though, they’ve always met the highest standards.

Giving them video explanations instead of text documentation made a huge difference for us. It’s more accurate, efficient, and answers more questions. Every teammate working with them needs to be upfront, too. Don’t just say you need a mobile app, give them clarity about the features and tools.

Software Development for Data Operations Platform

They're genuinely invested in our success.”

2017 - Ongoing

Goldfish Code provides design and development services for a data operations platform. They built an internal FinTech product tool,  a sales navigator tool, and currently create design experiences with Adobe.

VP Marketing, Computer Software Company

Goldfish Code’s efforts have been met with unanimous praise. Effective and versatile, the team has proven itself to be a capable partner. Their ability to masterfully communicate and manage projects is what sets them apart from other providers.

I'm the VP of marketing at a data operations platform. We help businesses scale their insights and revenue through automated workflows and quick experimentation. We also worked together in my previous role as a senior product marketing manager at Microsoft.

What challenge were you trying to address with Goldfish Code?

We needed to outsource development and design services.

In my previous role at Microsoft, they helped me build an internal FinTech product tool for enterprise sellers to be able to identify the most important FinTechs. They also helped me build a sales navigator tool, with fast, high quality engineering work.

In my current role, they help more on the design side and create some of our design experiences with Adobe.

I've worked with their extended team, which included my main point of contact and two of their partners.

How did you come to work with Goldfish Code?

I found them online three years ago. I interviewed them and we had a really great call. They were really patient with our procurement processes at Microsoft, and we decided to move forward from there.

We began working together in 2017, and our engagement is ongoing.

I appreciate how they're able to work at the corporate level, down to the startup level as well. In my previous role, how they impacted the sales team was very impressive, and the feedback was always positive. In my current role, we've enjoyed a high level of success at the events we've been at, which is how we measure Goldfish's impact.

How did Goldfish Code perform from a project management standpoint?

Project management is one of their greatest strengths. They make everything super lightweight and easy to communicate. They also have a very fast turnaround. Even if it's just touching base, they really excel from other providers.

They're genuinely invested in our success. Oftentimes, with other vendors, you see that they start strong, and over time the quality drops. I've always seen Goldfish's team prioritize quality and hold themselves to a higher standard, which is rare.

I don't think there's anything with me they should improve on.

With any vendor, you have to be clear about what you need, what your branding is like, and the internal expectations of your company. It's important to have a clear vision of what you want so the vendor can hit that target. I don't think having a perfect delivery is the goal, it's more having a vendor you can communicate with.

We had them under really tight deadlines for some of our events, and they made them without stressing me out with the process of how they got there. I appreciated that.
      They have really appropriate and competitive pricing.
      I would definitely recommend them.

App Development for Auto Glass Replacement Company

“They supported us from start to finish.”

June 2018 - Nov. 2019

Goldfish Code created digital pre- and post-installation inspection forms for use by an auto glass replacement company. They instructed their partner on what was achievable given the resources and industry.

Jason Lowe
    CEO, My Safe Install

Despite their client’s limited experience with development work, the team successfully guided them toward success by educating them on the possibilities of their end product. They delivered a fully-functioning solution and provided recommendations as needed. Their diligence added value.

I run a mobile auto glass replacement company that has multiple locations in many cities.

What challenge were you trying to address with Goldfish Code?

When we change windshields, we have to fill out pre- and post-inspection forms. We needed their help to create an online, electronic method of completing these forms.

They developed digital pre- and post-installation inspection forms for internal use, creating the solution in the form of an app. Taking my vision from scratch, they constructed an iOS and Android version of the product.

I wasn’t sure what was possible, so we worked together to figure out the most efficient process of creating the result we wanted. At this point, both versions are completed and launched. Even now, he is still providing edits as technology becomes more and more important in my industry. We’ll continue to need to improve both apps.

There were a total of four team members working on the development work.

How did you come to work with Goldfish Code?

I discovered them on UpWork and hired them based on their profile.

We spent just under $20,000 with them.

Starting out in June 2018, we wrapped everything up in November 2019.

As we developed the app, I contributed edits and suggestions. He would adjust his work and send me a working prototype. They helped me with a lot of ideas that improved the quality of the app in the end. The work quality was great, and they fixed bugs effectively as they came up.

How did Goldfish Code perform from a project management standpoint?

It was collaborative from start to finish. They mitigated harm from the errors and issues I created. The team made excellent recommendations as we proceeded through the development of the app. They truly educated me and guided me in the process.

This is my first time working with a tech partner, and his team was there for me throughout the effort. Their responsiveness to texts, calls, and emails was very impressive. Even if I needed help with something on a Sunday evening, they were able to provide assistance. I was sold on the quality of their services from the start.

I can’t think of anything because they were key in showing me what was and wasn’t possible in the development. They supported us from start to finish.

I should’ve been more forthcoming with the exact look and feel of what I wanted. If you’re going to work together, put all of your ideas out there from the start. I wish I would’ve done more of that early on.

Overall Score Even when I didn’t know what I needed, they made my vision a reality.
      Usually, they came in before the estimated time of completion.
      They looked out for me in terms of making sure I got value for my money.
      The quality of work was fantastic.
      I’ve already recommended them to another company that wants to build an app.

App Dev for Smart Tech Product Company

“Their ability to solve problems in a rational way and find solutions that work for everyone is great.”

July 2019 - Ongoing

Goldfish Code is working to develop a mobile app for both iOS and Android. Working from scratch, they’re integrating Bluetooth technology into the app and incorporating smart tech features.

Las Vegas, Nevada
    David Cooper
    President, Keyport, Inc.

Though still in beta testing, the app’s quality has met expectations and is performing well. Goldfish Code’s attention to detail and willingness to work around hurdles make them a great partner. Customers can expect a diligent, problem-solving team.

I’m the president of Keyport, Inc. We create streamlined access solutions for the modern lifestyle, including consolidating keys, pocket tools, smart tech, and other features into one device.

What challenge were you trying to address with Goldfish Code?

We hired Goldfish Code to build a mobile app that integrates smart tech into our devices. For this, we’re creating a small Bluetooth module that works with our existing devices to connected various tools.

Goldfish Code is building our app for iOS and Android, creating it from scratch. They used our initial directives to produce the designs. From there, we’ve created the rest of the screens and gave them to Goldfish Code to code.

Brian (Founder & CEO, Goldfish Code) and Pat (Founder & CTO, Goldfish Code) work with us. We have one project manager along with a team of 2–3 in Vietnam who support us.

We’ve spent over $40,000, so far.

We started working together in July 2019 and our engagement is ongoing.

We haven’t released the app to the public yet, but things have gone very well in beta testing. They’ve also been meeting our budget and quality needs, too.

How did Goldfish Code perform from a project management standpoint?

They’ve been great at managing the project—communication between our teams has been excellent and they’re responsive to our needs. Whenever issues arise, which they inevitably do in large projects, they’re good at working with us to find a solution. We work in an agile methodology.

Their ability to solve problems in a rational way and find solutions that work for everyone is great. They also offer a great level of communication.

There’s nothing specific I can think of; we’re very happy with them. They should continue to do what they’re doing and we hope to use them for maintenance of the app, too.

The more prep you do the better. If you provide details, they can be more effective at their job. Getting the most work done upfront to finalize the idea will help them stay on target and on budget.

Overall Score I’m very happy with them.
      They’ve been on target with all of our needs and we speak every week to gauge our status.
      Our pricing structure has somewhat shifted, but I’m very happy with both the fixed fee and hourly rate we’ve done.
      We’ve been very happy with their work and they continue to improve the quality.
      They’re great to work with and are honest, hardworking people.