Custom software development services

Globalluxsoft, LLC is a full-lifecycle company focused on software development services. We present a rare combination of cross-industry experience and thorough technological domain expertise. The company has enabled several startups to go from idea to MVP and facilitated quick staffing growth for more mature companies.

Our team has worked with a number of customers in the USA, Finland, Netherlands, Ukraine, Germany, and Australia. Headquartered in the USA, the company has a research and development center in Kharkiv, Ukraine.

Lexington, KY
headquaters
  • GlobalLuxSoft Lexington, KY 40517
    +1 (502) 792-7307
  • GlobalLuxSoft Kharkiv 61166
    Ukraine
    +38 (050) 298-1847

Campaign Management Tool

GlobalRevGen is an internal system for automation of an advertising agency that specializes in affiliate marketing.

Smart Home Solution

eCozy is a smart home solution for comfort and energy efficiency.

CNC Machining Platform

MakeTime is an online platform that enables companies to produce machined components quickly and more efficiently than ever before. MakeTime does this by collecting unused CNC machine time from qualified machine shops across the United States, and placing each order with the right shop for the job. Developed software helps customers streamline time-wasting processes, gives insight and transparency to a confusing process, overcomes capacity shortages, and takes the mystery out of pricing.

PPC Marketplace

Invoca is a platform for automation and accounting telephone marketing; online marketplace for advertiser-to-publisher collaboration.

Price Comparison Website

Tripedy is a service for search of airplane tickets on a set of sites via one interface. Platform provides a unique combinations of content with a focus on different cities and airports in general.

E-learning Platform for Schools

Petra’s Planet for Schools is a new kind of online learning environment for pre and primary school pupils. The play experience and games in the virtual school help to develop the skills that every child needs in today’s rapidly changing world. In addition to the learning aspects, Petra’s Planet for Schools enables classmates to go on a shared voyage to different countries and cultures around the world.

Multiple Software Dev Services for Consultancy Firm

"They’re my A-team ... I always reach out to them."

Nov. 2015 - Ongoing

GlobalLuxSoft conducts backend and frontend development for startup software prototypes in an outsourced engagement, utilizing various technical stacks and scaling resources to expedite the workflow.

Lexington, Kentucky
Dmitry Strakovsky
Principal, DAF Services

Through GlobalLuxSoft’s flexible support, multiple initiatives with minimal specifications have finished on time and demonstrated outstanding quality. The team’s broad expertise, open communication, and eagerness to deliver functional solutions continue to boost productivity.

I run DAF Services, a consultancy company, where I offer mostly UX and project management. I work with a client on a specific product and figure out how to build it in terms of matching their needs to the product that they’re developing and determining the skills required to deliver the product in the end. I usually use outside development firms. Because I have a good record of working with GlobalLuxSoft, I’ve worked with them on many occasions.

What challenge were you trying to address with GlobalLuxSoft?

I work with early-stage companies that are often startups. In general, there’s not enough time to produce extensive documentation. So, what we try to do is find an inexpensive solution for a client, prototype it very fast, and determine if the prototypes are really addressing the client’s goals or the needs of the potential market.

Speed is a major asset of GlobalLuxSoft, and all of the people I’ve worked with have been absolutely great at taking a minimal set of specifications, asking the right questions, and delivering a more complete product than described originally.

We built the backend for a startup client in contract management. We had minimal specifications but no time to figure them out. GlobalLuxSoft worked very well with us in terms of fleshing out the technical specifications, as I was mostly working on the UI design and was the overall product lead with this client. They were able to develop a frontend on top of the backend that we’re developing that addressed all of the client’s specifications and more.

What skills were you looking for in a team?

I’m fairly agnostic in terms of backend technologies. I’ve worked with teams that are more on the Laravel side of things. I’ve also worked with Django teams. Because I support early stage companies, I’m not trying to dive into a specific technology stack but rather to create something nearly from scratch. Most of the projects that I’ve worked with GlobalLuxSoft have been in Ruby on Rails. We’ve also done some Node development. I know that they have other services, but these are the stacks that we’ve done. On the frontend, we’ve mostly used Angular and sometimes View. In my conversations with the team, we’ve spoken about React but haven’t been that excited about it. Also, specific team members do have quite a bit of expertise in Angular. When we were testing a project, we decided to see what View could deliver for us, and the team did half the project in that. On my end, I use Decouple backend frameworks and quick frontend prototypes, mostly in Angular.

How many resources have been assigned to your project?

Usually, I try to work with them in putting together a team of a backend developer, a frontend developer, and a QA person. We usually end up going with Eastern European resources. The prices are fairly low, so I can actually afford a dedicated QA person. For shorter timelines, we add another person on the backend. Because I have a little expertise in the frontend, we generally don’t add an extra person there. Depending on the project, we may also bring in someone who exclusively creates templates in HTML and CSS.

How did you come to work with GlobalLuxSoft?

They were recommended to me. I was looking at several vendors in Eastern Europe. I’m from Russia, so most of my technical networks tend that way. It’s not an issue culturally for me to work with teams from Russia and Ukraine. I’m pretty aware of the price gap. The specific project that we worked on was a startup, and we were way over budget and developing with 2 US firms. GlobalLuxSoft rescued the project at the last minute.

How much have you invested with GlobalLuxSoft?

I’ve spent between $50,000 and $200,000 per year with them.

We started working together in November of 2015, and the work is ongoing.

They helped with a project that was crashing and burning; they completely turned it around. Since then, I’ve trusted them with several projects where I had less of a spec than I wanted. The project management side of me gets very nervous when that happens. They can put together a team that really supports me in those efforts.

Often, when I’m dealing with software companies that hide behind the spec, I get into a tug of war because something wasn’t specified. When it’s a startup situation or you’re trying to knock out prototypes quickly, it’s important to have a flexible team. GlobalLuxSoft really respects deadlines. Whenever I work through the weekend, they’re right there with me.

How did GlobalLuxSoft perform from a project management standpoint?

They’re my A-team. When I have projects that are pushed for time and I’m nervous about something, I always reach out to them. We use mostly Trello to communicate. I wouldn’t quite call myself a 1-man shop, but most of the time I am. I try not to get too far into standardized Agile practices. They’re helpful in a larger setting.

Generally, we have standups that depend on the deadline. We mostly do tracking with Trello. At times, Trello’s not enough just in terms of getting a more granular view of the project; at that point, we use spreadsheets. I’ve been in situations where Agile becomes a religion and nothing gets done.

Are there any areas GlobalLuxSoft could improve?

I can’t think of anything at this point. The communication is very open. The few times I had issues, I’ve been able to address the team directly, and they were solved.

Overall Score I really enjoy working with their team. We’ve had a learning process, but the communication channels have been incredibly open from the start.
    They addressed the issues that we had in the beginning of our relationship.
    They’re not the cheapest, but in terms of communication and a stable team, they’re amazing. They’ve always given me a single point of contact; for these types of projects, that’s outstanding.
    They’ve consistently delivered above my expectations.
    The leadership at GlobalLuxSoft has a really good blend of developer savvy and overall business savvy. They try to make the project successful, and that’s a pretty rare quality, especially when we’re talking about outsourcing.

Web App Dev & QA for Online Machinery Service

“They delivered a virtually bug-free software, and their QA was second to none.”

2014 - 2016

GlobalLuxSoft revamped a platform that connects manufacturers with machine shops. The app also had payment and admin functionalities. The team was responsible for project management, development, and QA.

Kentucky
CTO, Online Machinery Service

GlobalLuxSoft demonstrated technical expertise and close attention to details. They proved highly scalable and delivered bug-free code within a limited timeframe. The team at GlobalLuxSoft was professional, organized, and communicated quite clearly.

I'm the CTO of a startup in the manufacturing space. We are a marketplace connecting manufacturers with CNC [computer numerical control] machine shops to make parts.

What challenge were you trying to address with GlobalLuxSoft?

We needed a total rebuild of our platform from the bottom up, with little hand-holding from our main office.

They were the primary development team for our product. Andrii [CEO, GlobalLuxSoft] and his team took over all web development efforts, from project management and development to QA. They did continuous development in 2-week sprints. The duration of the project wasn't time bound, as they were able to stay on board to continue building on and improving our application.

For our project, GlobalLuxSoft used Ruby on Rails and Angular. The application was primarily a marketplace with complex time listing requirements for assets. It had payment solutions that had direct integration with banking partners. We also asked for administrative functionality, which was essentially a second application.

How did you come to work with GlobalLuxSoft?

We originally found GlobalLuxSoft through professional connections.

They worked with us for 2 years, and the contract ended in November 2016.

We couldn't have been happier with their accomplishments. They covered the agreed upon scope of their role with us. GlobalLuxSoft is a good, clean, professional outfit.

How did GlobalLuxSoft perform from a project management standpoint?

A Scrum master was on their team, and we had a lot of meetings prior to each sprint to define requirements. They showed excellent attention to detail. I also spent a week with them in their Kharkiv, Ukraine office. We had regular contact through Slack, with very clear communication.

What set them apart was their ability to effectively scale on a short timeline.

No, they did good work.

They worked on very tight 2-week sprints for the promised deliverables. They hit deadlines almost every time.
    They delivered a virtually bug-free software, and their QA was second to none.

Database System Dev for Dedicated Server Provider

"Working with GlobalLuxSoft was a valuable experience."

Mar. - Sept. 2015

GlobalLuxSoft prepared a software platform for VDS rental services, allocating 7 resources to leverage multiple technologies. Other tasks included product positioning, UI suggestions, and long-term strategy.

Lexington, Kentucky
Former CTO, Dedicated Server Provider

The finished database met all initial requirements successfully and currently supports reliable hardware, user, and invoice information. GlobalLuxSoft’s insightful feedback, collaborative approach, and reasonable price point proved highly advantageous.

I was a CTO of a company that provides VDS [virtual dedicated servers] as a cost-efficient solution. We offer the best features of both dedicated servers and Webspace products.

What challenge were you trying to address with GlobalLuxSoft?

We needed to implement a platform to support our VDS renting services. I searched for the right team to assist us with the creation of a software that could keep all data related to our hardware, users, and invoices.

GlobalLuxSoft provided 3 server-side developers, 2 client-side developers, a QA analytics person, and a team leader. We were working on a Scrum basis with daily standups and 2-week sprints. We were working together constantly while creating and updating product specs.

The solution we needed was written using Ruby on Rails and hosted on our servers. Other technologies involved in the project included Haml, SCSS, jQuery, JavaScript, Bootstrap, and PostgreSQL.

Working with GlobalLuxSoft was a valuable experience. They had extensive expertise with the technologies that we were using (e.g. Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, OpenStack) and reasonable pricing. They were the best option we found.

How did GlobalLuxSoft perform from a project management standpoint?

GlobalLuxSoft assisted with product positioning and offered good advice for items like UI and team management. Each sprint deadline was on time, from what I remember.

We used a private GitHub repository for code management and ticketing. We also used Skype and Slack for communication, which met our needs.

Are there any areas GlobalLuxSoft could improve?

GlobalLuxSoft performed very well and took the time to understand the requirements at the start of the project. I was never disappointed with anything during our collaboration.

Overall Score They're excellent.